Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Meanwhile I'm watching them all, and even going 2 or 3 times to each one. *claps excitedly*
    Good! I'm not saying everyone is getting burn-out, but some of us certainly are. I'm glad to hear that there are still people whole-heartedly enjoying it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Good! I'm not saying everyone is getting burn-out, but some of us certainly are. I'm glad to hear that there are still people whole-heartedly enjoying it!
    Given the numbers they are pulling in I would say most are far from burnt out on those movies, which is why I find the argument that Solo failed because of fatigue dubious at best. I'm sure there are a few out there like yourself that are burnt out, but I highly doubt it is in meaningful numbers.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You mean like Rogue One or going full R?

You can go gritty without going R, remember The Dark Knight Trilogy?
    Hard R but with style and character development over substance. Not over-the-top shock value like Ricky O but definitely a well represented slice of what it takes to be not only be a bounty hunter but one who is on the Empire's speed dial. Like, do what he did with Logan... but in space... from the aspect of a character like Donald Pierce...

There's a short CGI fan film which was released a couple months ago which I've been trying to find where it was dark, gritty and had enough atmosphere to cut with a knife but I can't seem to find it. It was teased on IMGUR as being a Netflix Star Wars film which was obviously BS but it really peaked my interest. Unfortunately with all the latest Boba Fett news it's been buried or removed altogether since it was hosted on a less popular video service.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...direct-1113273

Definitely think they have more to work with here than a Kenobi movie.
    I don't think so. Boba is such a boring character to me, I've never gotten the fan hype.

Kenobi they could do like post-Clone Wars, what happened to him between Order 66 and being a hermit in ANH.

Do like a buddy cop movie where Kenobi and Asajj Ventress team up to try to strike back at the Emperor following Order 66 (Duel of the Sass-lords the whole movie), throw in that they need some underworld resources/support - and Ventress contacts Darth Maul (& Kira as his underling).

Maybe Mandalore is in open revolt against the Emperor following Order 66, and we get some Empress Satine x Obi-wan love story (or more like friends with benefits) just to get the Rey Kenobi (granddaughter) hype going again.

Maybe Rebel Ahsoka (and Darth Maul?) shows up at some point to try to turn the tide of a final battle.

They lose anyways - Emperor & Vader wins - Kenobi, Ventress, Ahsoka all give up trying to fight the Empire and go about their lives.

Ending is kind of weak, but 5 minutes of throwing shit at the wall makes for a stronger Kenobi x Ventress movie than whatever Boba Fett nonsense we're going to get IMO.

Edit: Oh shit, I just realized this is a Darth Sidious in final form fight scene - that would be amazing

Edit: Obi-wan & Ventress working together around this time:

Last edited by Yvaelle; 2018-06-18 at 09:36 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I don't think so. Boba is such a boring character to me, I've never gotten the fan hype.

Kenobi they could do like post-Clone Wars, what happened to him between Order 66 and being a hermit in ANH.
    That's exactly what happened to him: he became a hermit, so he did nothing.

You're literally just throwing ideas around to make a movie work that's even more filler than Rogue One and Solo, because after it'd end Kenobi would literally just go back to being a hermit like he planned to after RotS.

Meanwhile, Boba was out there under Jabba's tutelage, making a name for himself that started in Clone Wars. Heck, they should just take the CW planned arc with Cad Bane as the villain and bring in some character that actually need to be more fleshed out.

It'd be x1000 more inspired than having a Kenobi movie not really about Kenobi but more about bringing in big names (like Solo) and have them do some conveniently awesome stuff cuz we love these characters even though it makes little sense for them to do something at that period of time.

Deleted
    The movie Solo was quite alright, Boba Fett was also an interesting character, it could become a good movie.
    Rogue One was also good, maybe they're just not good at writing cohesive trilogies, but better at single movies.
    It was noticeable that TFA and TLJ were written by different teams, with single movies that problem won't arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    If Disney had the balls they could really break the PG-13 mold with a gritty Boba Fett movie especially since it's being directed by James Mangold.

Shame they won't though.
    i couldn't agree more. i would love to walk out of that movie hating the guy i've thought was so cool since i was 13.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

Do like a buddy cop movie where Kenobi and Asajj Ventress team up to try to strike back at the Emperor following Order 66 (Duel of the Sass-lords the whole movie), throw in that they need some underworld resources/support - and Ventress contacts Darth Maul (& Kira as his underling).

Maybe Mandalore is in open revolt against the Emperor following Order 66, and we get some Empress Satine x Obi-wan love story (or more like friends with benefits) just to get the Rey Kenobi (granddaughter) hype going again.

Maybe Rebel Ahsoka (and Darth Maul?) shows up at some point to try to turn the tide of a final battle.

They lose anyways - Emperor & Vader wins - Kenobi, Ventress, Ahsoka all give up trying to fight the Empire and go about their lives.

Ending is kind of weak, but 5 minutes of throwing shit at the wall makes for a stronger Kenobi x Ventress movie than whatever Boba Fett nonsense we're going to get IMO.

Edit: Oh shit, I just realized this is a Darth Sidious in final form fight scene - that would be amazing

Edit: Obi-wan & Ventress working together around this time:

A lot of your plot lines contradict Rebels though

Asajj died shortly after the CW, it's also the last time we see Boba until ANH.

Kenobi never leaves the desert. The only one who found him besides a few Rebels was Maul.

Satine was killed by Maul and Maul was the leader of Mandalore, which eventually has yet another civil war. Maul apparently was king of the underworld but by Rebels if seems like he was pushed out of the game. Story to tell?

Vader killed Ashoka, kinda, but she comes back (long story).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    That's exactly what happened to him: he became a hermit, so he did nothing.

You're literally just throwing ideas around to make a movie work that's even more filler than Rogue One and Solo, because after it'd end Kenobi would literally just go back to being a hermit like he planned to after RotS.

Meanwhile, Boba was out there under Jabba's tutelage, making a name for himself that started in Clone Wars. Heck, they should just take the CW planned arc with Cad Bane as the villain and bring in some character that actually need to be more fleshed out.

It'd be x1000 more inspired than having a Kenobi movie not really about Kenobi but more about bringing in big names (like Solo) and have them do some conveniently awesome stuff cuz we love these characters even though it makes little sense for them to do something at that period of time.
    Someone posted a story where Vader sends Boba and some hunters to Tat because of rumors/whatever. Kenobi kills all but Boba. For some reason (they didn't go that far), Boba doesn't tell Vader about Kenobi. Roll credits.

Another one I've seen featured some crew hired by Jabba. The go out into the desert to perform a job, hearing cautionary tales about a cloaked figure picking off crews. They go out there but an unknown cloaked menace keeps getting in their way. Think Batman with a lightsaber. Kenobi eventually picks them all off but one, the 'good guy' of the crew. Kenobi let's the survivor report back to Jabba with the terms that persuade Jabba to stay away from the area (because Kenobi gives the survivor what they were looking for or whatever). The movie ends with the Ghost landing on Tatt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    i couldn't agree more. i would love to walk out of that movie hating the guy i've thought was so cool since i was 13.
    That would be awesome. Vader was peak Vader from Rebels to ESB. He was kick all asses and taking no names. Boba had earned the respect of Vader so Boba must have done some kind of dirt.

I wouldn't write Disney off. Disney's Marvel on Netflix is pretty dark and gritty but they've yet to put similar stories on the big screen.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Kek. Are your toes ok?
    Solo actually isn't bad, but its hard to win over a lot of people that view Harrison Ford as the only Han Solo.

Haven't seen Solo, as I don't care much about it (I'll check it out when it gets to streaming), and see even less of a point to this one, given all the other options available to them for movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Prequels are generally a shit concept. They rarely come out as good.

Disney should make Star Wars movies that have nothing to do with the episode 1-9 story and characters - or just continue the story further after episode 9.

I don't give a shit about young Han Solo, I know enough of him, I know when he dies etc. Same goes for Boba Fett. And Obi Wan.

I'm not the only one thinking like this as shown by the box office and internet discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Solo actually isn't bad, but its hard to win over a lot of people that view Harrison Ford as the only Han Solo.
    Those people are dumb. The Sky didn't fall when Heath Ledger played the Joker instead of Jack Nicholson, Mads Mikkelsen was actually a better Hannibal than Hopkins, and while Jeremy Brett will forever be THE Sherlock Holmes, Bernard Cucumberface (couldn't resist) is pretty good as well.
    Not watching a movie because the old actor isn't included is stupid. Granted Alden wasn't anything special, but he wasn't the worst either. Predictably that award goes to Emilia Clarke.

I've had reservations because I knew I wouldn't care about action scenes in the movie where I knew who would survive. And I really didn't. But it was a surprisingly good movie. I was entertained. Honestly Solo might be the best Disney era Star Wars movie. So that makes it at least the fourth best Star Wars movie. Out of ten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Those people are dumb. The Sky didn't fall when Heath Ledger played the Joker instead of Jack Nicholson, Mads Mikkelsen was actually a better Hannibal than Hopkins, and while Jeremy Brett will forever be THE Sherlock Holmes, Bernard Cucumberface (couldn't resist) is pretty good as well.
    Not watching a movie because the old actor isn't included is stupid. Granted Alden wasn't anything special, but he wasn't the worst either. Predictably that award goes to Emilia Clarke.
    Except SW aren't reboots where new actors can just hop in to replace the old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Except SW aren't reboots where new actors can just hop in to replace the old.
    So you expected the 75 years old Harrison Ford, who loved star wars so goddamn much that he wanted Solo to die since RotJ, to come back and play his younger self? I don't know what you are smoking, but I want some.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Prequels are generally a shit concept. They rarely come out as good.

Disney should make Star Wars movies that have nothing to do with the episode 1-9 story and characters - or just continue the story further after episode 9.

I don't give a shit about young Han Solo, I know enough of him, I know when he dies etc. Same goes for Boba Fett. And Obi Wan.

I'm not the only one thinking like this as shown by the box office and internet discussion.
    My dream for a Star Wars spin-off would be a high budget Netflix series along the lines of House of Cards, except for the KOTOR 2 Sith Lords, starring Darth Traya.

Go through the Revan arch when she was his master, do her fall and exile, and end with the Sith Triumvirate over like 3-4 seasons.

Not just a movie of KOTOR 1/2, but taking the best bits of those games and making them a series, but all from Kreia's perspective.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

More shitty uninspired Star Wars movies. How exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    More shitty uninspired Star Wars movies. How exciting.
    I'd at least want an Obi Wan Kenobi movie. They have Ewan McGreggor at proper age! It's the only spin off I want. Boba Fett, eh? What I saw from Jango in Clone Wars was enough to sate my appetite for old bucket head, I don't want or need a bounty hunter movie anymore than I wanted a Han Solo movie with someone that isn't Harrison Ford.

"Hey look, it's Han Solo! What do you mean? It's a white guy, it's Han Solo!"

Han Solo is not an epic enough character like James Bond or Superman where you just change the actor and it's all cool. Harrison Ford MADE that character. Han Solo is not even the main character in his own franchise!!!
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2018-06-19 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I probably would have been interested in Solo if it was a story about Han Solo back in the smuggler days, possibly with Boba Fett and especially Greedo, but not an origin story. Just a job. Maybe cover Chewbacca's life debt stuff, or Lando losing the Falcon to him, but not everything. Certainly not where he got his generic blaster or "earned" his name, or any of that stuff. And no love interest. Maybe a fling or two to show the ladies man, but nothing serious.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I probably would have been interested in Solo if it was a story about Han Solo back in the smuggler days, possibly with Boba Fett and especially Greedo, but not an origin story. Just a job. Maybe cover Chewbacca's life debt stuff, or Lando losing the Falcon to him, but not everything. Certainly not where he got his generic blaster or "earned" his name, or any of that stuff. And no love interest. Maybe a fling or two to show the ladies man, but nothing serious.
    Uh isn't that basically the Solo movie?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like RIP this movie. This and Obi Wan movies are on hold