Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnitaur View Post
    Is it just me, or why cant I shift from feral straight into flight form anymore? I have to go out of feral and then change to flight... happened a while back and even with macros im still sitting with this issue. From feral into bear is instant, but into flight is two clicks
    Are you leaving a non flying area? I noticed months ago there was a lag of running outside an indoor area and not being able to access flight/travel right away. It put me into non-shifted form. If I stop moving for a 1/2 second I go right into it, so I just started stutter stepping going into a flight based area.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    That is the whole identity of the druid, shapeshifting.
    It's been this way forever and will not change anytime soon.
    It's just an advantage of the class just as all other classes have theirs, paladin has got the bubble, dk has his AMS and death grip, rogue has his instant invisibility etc. They may seem unfair but you must understand that even your class has something that would seem overpowered against a druid. You just gotta learn to play against druids. Poly them when they are out of form (like when they get out to heal) force them into guardian form to decrease their damage etc.
    In bfa, you will even be able to use hibernate on cat form since it counts as beast.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    I don’t mind he instant shape shifting and think it’s a nice aspect to the class; however, I don’t like the removal of roots/snares/slows it gives. Honestly though, a lot of that has to do with playing a class with 1 slow break on a long(ish) CD that requires a talent vs the built in one for Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Doe travel form takes away the ability of people to ride you? If that's not the case that would be awesome.
    Yeah, that shouldn't change...
    "ability of people to ride you" doesn't sound that great when we talk about female doe
    I can already see the title of Anita Sarkesian's video: Blizzard promoting rape

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of the Necro....

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomind View Post
    Also, with the changes to how our travel forms are presented in our spellbook in BfA, it means we can glyph our separate travel forms. So for example you could have the doe glyph while still having the orca glyph for aquatic form and the owl glyph for flight.
    Are they finally going back to the original method of travel form, each having their own ability (Aquatic, travel, flight, stag, etc)? If so thank god. I guess even if they just put them in there as a passive so you can modify them each is nice though if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    "ability of people to ride you" doesn't sound that great when we talk about female doe
    Someone already made that thread:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20763446138
    even had a blue response

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Someone already made that thread:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20763446138
    even had a blue response

Fing hell, and i thought it will be a funny joke... these people have to ruin everything

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Are you leaving a non flying area? I noticed months ago there was a lag of running outside an indoor area and not being able to access flight/travel right away. It put me into non-shifted form. If I stop moving for a 1/2 second I go right into it, so I just started stutter stepping going into a flight based area.
    Just a general issue with server vs. client position. Stopping for any amount of time forces the server to update your position. Same reason it's a good idea to make a short stop after running out of area effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Lol >< But yea I'd love to use Doe form but I like being able to offer friends a lift, especially when we are out questing together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Are they finally going back to the original method of travel form, each having their own ability (Aquatic, travel, flight, stag, etc)? If so thank god. I guess even if they just put them in there as a passive so you can modify them each is nice though if that's the case.
    I don't think so, I think they are just in the spell book separately so each version of travel can be glyphed.

Basically you are talking about redesigning core class mechanics that have been in place for he last 14 years. This is not really an argument even worth entertaining.

Cast time for shifting should absolutely not exist in any shape or form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a long-time PvE'r got wrecked by a Feral in BfA Warmode (you didn't stand a chance, by the way, so don't feel bad). There's no way you have been PvPing for 5 years and just now came up with this ridiculous suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    in any shape or form.
    hah! well done

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Sounds like a long-time PvE'r got wrecked by a Feral in BfA Warmode (you didn't stand a chance, by the way, so don't feel bad). There's no way you have been PvPing for 5 years and just now came up with this ridiculous suggestion.
    are ferals finally useful in open world pvp? as a pvp noob i always got destroyed in pvp areas, feeling helpless. but i'd like to play with warmode on for the extra tension

No, to this ENTIRE thread.

For the simple fact that most other classes don't have to have a cast time to use an ability they get to use instantly. Ok. Let's make paladins have cast times to use judgement and shield throw. Let's let Warriors have cast times on ALL their melee abilities (since they don't even have to shift into another form to use them).

Druids have to shift into a form and undergo GCD to be able to use the abilities it offers.

Let me know when you want Rogues to have cast bars on their melee abilities.

Also, quit sucking at PVP and coming here to bitch because a druid kicked your ass. I hope it happens a million more times, just because of this thread.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

This was one of those things that I thought Blizz got right in Vanilla but strayed from over time for various reasons: a high mana cost for shifting forms. I remember the days of being a flag carrier back when WSG first came out, and we were really strong FC's because we could shift like crazy. However, there was a huge downside, as you could only shift so much until you'd run out of mana and risk being stuck in caster form (even had the BWL trinket that was awesome at the time for such shapeshifting purposes). Later, the mana cost of shifting got reduced less and less, to the point where we didn't even consider the mana cost of shifting. Now I'm not necessarily saying that making the mana costs high would work in the current game model for balancing, especially when considering every other class/spec and their tools, however it was one problem that Blizz made themselves and could never seem to fix after breaking it.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I don't understand why there is still no cast time on druid shape shifting. It's an unfair advantage in pvp situations. Having to make that choice to shapeshift should mean something. Warlocks have cast times to change demons and even hunters have a cast time to dismiss a pet to get another pet out.
    Is this post a joke?

Sorry, let me rephrase - did you INTEND this post as a joke?
    It's hilarious.

I don't understand why warriors can use two handed weapons. It's an unfair advantage to classes that can't carry them. Warlocks have spells so they don't need two handed weapons and even hunters have bows that can shoot from afar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    are ferals finally useful in open world pvp? as a pvp noob i always got destroyed in pvp areas, feeling helpless. but i'd like to play with warmode on for the extra tension
    Getting an opener from stealth is probably GG against any DPS spec aside from a WW that uses Karma at the right time. Also, the Dwarf and Dark Iron racial can negate early pressure by removing the bleeds. Otherwise, the mobility and self-healing in combination with bleeds is very difficult to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I don't understand why there is still no cast time on druid shape shifting. It's an unfair advantage in pvp situations. Having to make that choice to shapeshift should mean something. Warlocks have cast times to change demons and even hunters have a cast time to dismiss a pet to get another pet out.
    Just stun us once, boom we're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I don't understand why warriors can use two handed weapons. It's an unfair advantage to classes that can't carry them. Warlocks have spells so they don't need two handed weapons and even hunters have bows that can shoot from afar.
    Made me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomind View Post
    Also, with the changes to how our travel forms are presented in our spellbook in BfA, it means we can glyph our separate travel forms. So for example you could have the doe glyph while still having the orca glyph for aquatic form and the owl glyph for flight.
    I always wanted to use the orca glyph and now I finally can. I had no idea it makes such a cool sound when you shift into it.