Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I saw the "cakewalk" in the random MC anniverary LFR thing...
    Every boss oneshot. Can't really be much more cakewalk than that

Quote Originally Posted by Bublex View Post
    1. blizzard will make some nonsignificant changes like battlenet friends or ingame calendar and things that in no way affect any part of gameplay
    A CALENDAR!? *SCREEEEEEEEEEEECH* UNSUB-UH-DUBDUB INA TUB.

*Ahem* And that was my performance of "Vanilla Purist Freak-out" in D-flat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    You must be lucky. My groups were a mess.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    You must be lucky. My groups were a mess.
    Its always like this. Regular Lfr, some groups oneshot everything, other spends an hour wiping on coven.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Without balancing the older content AROUND 1.12, they might as well stop now.
    So, how are they going to "balance" older raids, hm?

New mechanics? Not blizzlike.

More boss health? Won't make it harder, just take longer to kill.

More boss damage? Won't make it harder, just take a few more healers.

/shrug

Vanilla was never hard. We were just noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    So, how are they going to "balance" older raids, hm?

New mechanics? Not blizzlike.

More boss health? Won't make it harder, just take longer to kill.

More boss damage? Won't make it harder, just take a few more healers.

/shrug

Vanilla was never hard. We were just noobs.
    What if we are wrong? What if they have been adding more mechanics to content, but overall, the difficulty has reduced, and its just our Egos making us think we have improved? What if this entire exercise is just Blizzard proving a point?

Enter first raid, spend 3 weeks wiping on the first boss of the first raid - no one kills it. at the end of the 4th week, when you log in, in massive bold writing, blizzard have a message for everyone:

"you think you did, but you didnt, you thought you could, but you couldn't"

Then the screen fades to black, and classic is removed from existence, with its final message being "coming in 4 years "The Burning Crusade: Classic - you think you do, but you dont"

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    at the end of the day they can release any patch version they want so long as they release the raids not all at once. and then at the end of the next day once guilds have naxx on farm the server will die

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    This is why sample size i important. I ran it once for myself, and once on a second account. First clear was almost flawless, no one spoke, everyone just killed everything, and no drama. Second account was an absolute clusterfuck. I spent over 3 hours in there, close to four, before finally ending up as one of TWO remaining players. we waited a further 10 minutes and then the entire group filled up, as it does, and we 1 shot the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    at the end of the day they can release any patch version they want so long as they release the raids not all at once. and then at the end of the next day once guilds have naxx on farm the server will die
    Just to confirm, you are saying that guilds will full clear naxx on the first day its released? even if all raids were released at once?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Just to confirm, you are saying that guilds will full clear naxx on the first day its released? even if all raids were released at once?
    No? I used the phrase "and the and the end of the next day" merely as a colloquialism to stand in for the world "also"

No? I used the phrase "and the and the end of the next day" merely as a colloquialism to stand in for the world "also"
    Obviously a non English speaker, because no, its not. You may be referring to "at the end of the day", but im still not sure what you are trying to say anyway, so leave it at that i guess.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Obviously a non English speaker, because no, its not. You may be referring to "at the end of the day", but im still not sure what you are trying to say anyway, so leave it at that i guess.
    my god man you're reading comprehension must be so low they dont allow you to drive. Even with my poor typing skills you cant figure out how to substitute a few words with the word also

"at the end of the day they can release any patch version they want so long as they release the raids not all at once. ALSO once guilds have naxx on farm the server will die"
    Last edited by ZazuuPriest; 2018-06-19 at 01:43 AM.

One thing I wish classic would have, but certainly won't have, is the EK and Kalimdor world zones updated to "fill in the gaps" and unfinished textures between zones and finish areas like Org and Stormwind so they aren't all smoke and mirrors. Sadly it's a lot of work with very little in the way of return outside of preventing certain exploits, which is why it won't happen.

Now obviously there wouldn't be any flying in classic, but I was always keen on exploring and getting into places I "shouldn't". And while the novelty of glitched areas like being under Stormwind is kinda funny the first time, its less so once you realize how "fake" it all is behind the curtain (or when you fall through the world because of an unplugged hole in the geometry).
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2018-06-19 at 02:03 AM.

Like we talked about in the other thread. They can't. They are spending years recreating the experience. Why would you want MC done in a week? It would literally make no sense. Without balancing the older content AROUND 1.12, they might as well stop now. It would be a joke of an effort.

If people want 1.12 with nothing balanced, the shitty, buggy , unoptimized pservers are ------> way.
    Because they are far more likely to overtune MC and make it so no one can get past Magmadar or Geddon or something like that than they are to get it right. Which would then require a patch adjusting numbers again... until people realize that Majordomo is now mathematically impossible and needs a retune as well. Then good old Raggy is discovered to not be killable before he submerges for a second time and groups generally wipe as a result.

The point is: Trying to "fix" it to satisfy about .01% of the people wanting to play Classic is far more likely to lead to more trouble than it's worth.

Nah. People will still play, even if they have Naxx on farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Now obviously there wouldn't be any flying in classic, but I was always keen on exploring and getting into places I "shouldn't". And while the novelty of glitched areas like being under Stormwind is kinda funny the first time, its less so once you realize how "fake" it all is behind the curtain (or when you fall through the world because of an unplugged hole in the geometry).
    Maybe they'll introduce new easter eggs? Surely they'll have something new at least so they can capture this sense of exploration that was so integral to that experience??

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Because they are far more likely to overtune MC and make it so no one can get past Magmadar or Geddon or something like that than they are to get it right. Which would then require a patch adjusting numbers again... until people realize that Majordomo is now mathematically impossible and needs a retune as well. Then good old Raggy is discovered to not be killable before he submerges for a second time and groups generally wipe as a result.

The point is: Trying to "fix" it to satisfy about .01% of the people wanting to play Classic is far more likely to lead to more trouble than it's worth.

The .01 % is what classic is for.

When you first stepped into MC in vanilla (i doubt you ever did), how many attempts did lucifron take? How about Mag or Gehennas? Id rather them be overtuned and people struggle on them. That is the experience. The experience wasn't what it is on private servers. Zoning in in blues / greens and facerolling every boss but Rag wasn't vanilla.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post

All evidence of every private server to the contrary. Once a few guilds have Naxx on farm a "fresh" server is right around the corner

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    -Patch 1.12.2 - The last patch before BC

-No QoL additions

-No Class balance changes

-Only bug fixes

-[U]Nothing else
    So pretty much easy mode vanilla? Yay I hate challenging content!

The .01 % is what classic is for.

When you first stepped into MC in vanilla (i doubt you ever did), how many attempts did lucifron take? How about Mag or Gehennas? Id rather them be overtuned and people struggle on them. That is the experience. The experience wasn't what it is on private servers. Zoning in in blues / greens and facerolling every boss but Rag wasn't vanilla.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear: I mean out of everyone that wants to play Classic, "fixing" it would only satisfy .01% of the people. since odds are pretty good that they would just frustrate people by making impossible encounters that would then be reverted to their normal numbers. I, and I suspect most others, would prefer they not have to go through and repatch a game that is already done because they made it not Vanilla... And I'm pretty sure Blizz would agree since they're setting it up to really just be a single patch rather than try to progress from 1.0 to 1.12 like I wish they would have done.

5+ Year Old Account
    All evidence of every private server to the contrary. Once a few guilds have Naxx on farm a "fresh" server is right around the corner
    If you people think that blizzard will do server wipes/resets your brains have clearly rotted by playing the same thing for 12 years. They will never do that. They will keep it as a museum piece that you can visit whenever you want and do whatever you want in it. And if Classic will be decent and pay for its costs they will go on with BC servers, etc.

They won't spawn servers for Classic for the sake of it. You can always restart yourself by MAKING A NEW CHARACTER or finding a guild that every 6 months you all delete your characters and start AGAIN. They don't need to make a fresh server for something you can do by yourself.
    Last edited by Dudas; 2018-06-19 at 10:39 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    If you people think that blizzard will do server wipes/resets your brains have clearly rotted by playing the same thing for 12 years. They will never do that. They will keep it as a museum piece that you can visit whenever you want and do whatever you want in it. And if Classic will be decent and pay for its costs they will go on with BC servers, etc.

They won't spawn servers for Classic for the sake of it. You can always restart yourself by MAKING A NEW CHARACTER or finding a guild that every 6 months you all delete your characters and start AGAIN. They don't need to make a fresh server for something you can do by yourself.
    I dont think that blizzard will do that and i didnt say that they would. Server population dies on private servers because its too much work to catch up to Naxx so they start fresh servers inevitably once theyve had naxx open for a while. The same thing will happen on blizzard servers where people wont be assed to put in the work to catch up so the server pop will dwindle only like we said blizz wont open a new one, thus the server will die. they probably want this to happen