Deleted

Boko Haram, quick question

/************* COMMENT ***********First read the EDIT********/

Reading so much news , sometimes he pops up, and is responsible for some of the immigrants in the world lats say, so why dos not the UN or some other country topple them and then the refugees could go back ? or some thing like that, if the UN soldiers should not die on the front lines, why not educate the locals in warfare, give them help and training , and some weapons etc ... would that not be in the best interest of all? the locals can defend them selfs from him, people out of the country dnk some Canadian guys don't need to die in the war, and people fleeing the country cloud go back and defend it?

( ya ya I know UN, blue hats are not saint etc ) , and should not a modern army of a major nation with the UN, and AIRFORCE capabilities be enough to topple someone like them?

Just wondering about Boko(the organization), are they truly a problem or just a "problem"(that dos not want to be dealth with)?

PS: Dnk much about him or west africa , taht's why I ask, I changed him to hem , for they are a organization.

/*************** EDIT *****************/

For was looking a little bit into it, and for my own misinformation I think this could be closed or removed. If people want to discuss the situation they can, but I mixed up few things with another situation so, one can not be totally informed about everything and so I got things mix up.
    Last edited by mmoc1e09114525; 2018-06-19 at 10:23 AM.

First: This not a group with some kind of leader whos named boko....
    Boko haram means something like "western education is evil".

Second: The group itself is more like alkaida, a deepseated terror organisation with splintergroups and hideouts in desolate places and different countries.
    Do i have to remind you what happenend when a modern army with airforce etc. tried to put down a widespread terror organisation?

Also the UN is not really an army, they are more like guards only with better equipment. Against a terror org that has a shitload of money they can't do anything. And the locals? half of them help them and the other don't want to go to war? (and why should they? I don't want to go to war either...)

Boko Haram is a group, not a person. It's a problem if you're one of the tens of thousands they've murdered or millions they've displaced. A lot of effort is being made by Nigeria to fight them, and they've had quite a few successes, making serious inroads to reducing the influence of the group, however they're still active, practising child suicide bombing, and mass-kidnapping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Windan
    Being inside the belly of a giant gives one time for reflection. As my body crystallizes I have come to the conclusion that perhaps there are enough heroes in the world. Should I somehow make it out of this predicament I am going to ring that orc's ghostly neck!

The OP is trolling. No one can be this ignorant...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PL-Cibo View Post
    First: This not a group with some kind of leader whos named boko....
    Boko haram means something like "western education is evil".

Second: The group itself is more like alkaida, a deepseated terror organisation with splintergroups and hideouts in desolate places and different countries.
    Do i have to remind you what happenend when a modern army with airforce etc. tried to put down a widespread terror organisation?

Also the UN is not really an army, they are more like guards only with better equipment. Against a terror org that has a shitload of money they can't do anything. And the locals? half of them help them and the other don't want to go to war? (and why should they? I don't want to go to war either...)
    Yeah its so Evil that their use Western Technology to kill. Just like ISIS... Stupid Fucks

Deleted
    The Islamic State in West Africa, formerly known as Jamā'at Ahl as-Sunnah lid-Da'wah wa'l-Jihād and commonly known as Boko Haram until March 2015, is a jihadist militant organization- Ya sorry i got confused quite bed, my probel yup, i got it mix up xD , not intentional. That's why I said that I am not informed.

I do understand the problem of my fictional solution of Airforce etc( it was just a was of referencing difference in power )

So what solution to such problems would you advise? Education, war, economic blockade, and or whose fault is it? I ask it, for that, people think that if they would be in charge, the solution that they propose would be effective. For I am not sure how the problem could or should be fixed in that or similar situations.

For such problems in my view are not only local but are global.
    Last edited by mmoc1e09114525; 2018-06-19 at 09:45 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuba View Post
    so why dos not the UN or some other country topple them and then the refugees could go back ? or some thing like that, if the UN soldiers should not die on the front lines, why not educate the locals in warfare, give them help and training , and some weapons etc ... would that not be in the best interest of all? the locals can defend them selfs from him, people out of the country dnk some Canadian guys don't need to die in the war, and people fleeing the country cloud go back and defend it?
    PS: Dnk much about him or west africa , taht's why I ask, I changed him to hem , for they are a organization.
    Because it's not our problem.
    Africa is already fighting them. Countries like the US are already aiding in it with training and some military resources.
    No, it's not all black and white. There aren't good guys, just varying degrees of bad or less bad guys. These African governments aren't nice people.

Have we toppled Al'Qaeda? Did invading Afghanistan help? No.
    It's their problem, let them solve it, they're getting help already.

Boko Haram are pussies.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Deleted
    Yes they are a problem, but no one particularly cares about Africa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Because it's not our problem.
    Africa is already fighting them. Countries like the US are already aiding in it with training and some military resources.
    No, it's not all black and white. There aren't good guys, just varying degrees of bad or less bad guys. These African governments aren't nice people.

Have we toppled Al'Qaeda? Did invading Afghanistan help? No.
    It's their problem, let them solve it, they're getting help already.

Ya, and in a way, that is the problem? Our own interactions into the problems of others like Afghanistan, but then again, not interfering is it a good thing? Today, some escalations and local war can quickly be transcended into more global problems, ( not only global war but economic and humanitarian disasters) for I think today, as for things like Internet, problems, and situations grow much faster to become global things and not only local.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuba View Post
    Ya, and in a way, that is the problem? Our own interactions into the problems of others like Afghanistan, but then again, not interfering is it a good thing? Today, some escalations and local war can quickly be transcended into more global problems, ( not only global war but economic and humanitarian disasters) for I think today, as for things like Internet, problems, and situations grow much faster to become global things and not only local.
    To my knowledge the US does covert ground operations against Boko Haram with Spec Ops units. As I recall, the UN has also lent air support to the governments fighting Boko Haram, when called for, because these governments don't have any airforces to talk about.
    I also think there are African UN troops fighting this fight. Not European UN troops. Exactly for the reasons I've stated: It's their problem.

We are busy fighting ISIS, a much more real threat to the west. Boko Haram is Africa.

US has had troops "helping".

Remember when Trump apparently bungled some attack plan last year in Niger and there was some debate about what he said to the mother or widow or something? Strangely, not many people were saying "Wait a minute, since when were US troops carrying out military operations in Niger? What the fuck have they been up to there all these years?" You'd think anyone would have raised this question.

One of the things they have been doing has been helping to support in fights against groups like Boko Haram. In fact there's been loads of shit going on between US forces and various African nations for a while now. I'm surprised how well most of it tends to just get covered up/brushed under the carpets.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    Yeah its so Evil that their use Western Technology to kill. Just like ISIS... Stupid Fucks
    none of these guys ever practice what they preach