Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah no you cant just link a bunch of paragraphs and say "find it" you need to go "here it is, here is the line"
    or else i wold go "Google this and you will find it goodluck!"

oh just as i qoute you, you add it, good for you.
    well guess what they are literally ones that do not effect the game at all, you could remove thosethigns and no one in the game would notice, so it is most likely stuff like download help, optimizing, support, of corse the purchasing system, and others.
    nothing they have shown so far will AT ALL EVEN TOUCH gameplay.
    battlenet unlike transmog does not effect gameplay.
    Yes, i know, i'm the master of post editing to make snarky posts look hilarious. No offense.

But anyways, that's the point, they are adding conveniences that do not affect core gameplay. The thing is that their definition of core gameplay may vary from ours at worst, at best we will have calendar, twitter integration, being able to chat with people on different servers or create different faction characters on one pvp server. I don't know, but they are going to implement conveniences, as they themselves said.

It's also really cool how blizzard approach this whole classic server thing, they appear to be revealing information and intent while not revealing anything at all. After that the most recent post we still left out with our own speculations. It's fucking brilliant
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...rcraft-classic

So, it's a question what they consider as "similar".
    Maybe it's maps for dungeons. Maybe it's level 60 boost. Who knows at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    But anyways, that's the point, they are adding conveniences that do not affect core gameplay. The thing is that their definition of core gameplay may vary from ours at worst, at best we will have calendar, twitter integration, being able to chat with people on different servers or create different faction characters on one pvp server. I don't know, but they are going to implement conveniences, as they themselves said.
    It's an imaginative standpoint you have, considering that Blizzard was not discussing anything even close to what you want to suggest they did.

All the work we’re doing will ultimately allow us to recreate an authentic classic experience on a platform that is much more optimized and stable, helping us avoid latency and stability issues. Additional modern improvements will include modern anti-cheat/botting detection, customer service and Battle.net integration, and similar
    conveniences that do not affect the core gameplay experience.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...rcraft-Classic

Twitter, Calendars =/= Logon services.

I mean they could add this and that .. and this and some more of that .. unless you float back down to earth and read what was actually said.

Pepsi wants to diversify their drinks, so go off on a tiffy about how they are going to switch the Pepsi recipe to a Gatorade clone... may as well, you're on a roll! :P
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-06-19 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    So what are you going to do about it?
    Oh hey there Alex!

Classic community doenst want any changes. If blizz make changes we will quit the game.

No changes
    They already stated there are changes. Just from the water-cooler post the other day
    here:

-modified to work on modern hardware
    -modified to work with modern login service
    -modified to work with modern security/anti-cheat
    -modified to work with all modern backend improvements
    -modified databases from a basic tables to lists with calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    It's good to be somewhat acquainted with the news, and this was 7 months ago.

OOPS. Their feedback was oriented towards what version of Vanilla to use .. 2005, 2006? They know Vanilla means Vanilla, and they are not trying to move away from that. Get real. Any changes will result in a product that is not Vanilla.

See the first 2 mins of the video. Volla!
    at no point in this video do they say there will be NO CHANGES. vanilla or otherwise. Some people are just so blinded by their desire to get what they want, they will hear what they want.

You firstly need to understand the difference between classic and vanilla, because your entire point is undone in the first 2 minutes. On one VERY particular occasion, you are hearing vanilla, but he clearly says classic.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2018-06-19 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    at no point in this video do they say there will be NO CHANGES. vanilla or otherwise. Some people are just so blinded by their desire to get what they want, they will hear what they want.

You firstly need to understand the difference between classic and vanilla, because your entire point is undone in the first 2 minutes. On one VERY particular occasion, you are hearing vanilla, but he clearly says classic.
    At best, they muddle the terms Classic and Vanilla. However:

"Vanilla means Vanilla", "That not something we're looking to move away from." Was this clear enough for you?

Your peers reading this realize you are blinded by what you want to hear (ps-shouldn't it be deafened?). But the words were spoken, in a clear way. Blizzard is not as interested in changes as you are.

At best, they muddle the terms Classic and Vanilla. However:

"Vanilla means Vanilla", "That not something we're looking to move away from." Was this clear enough for you?

Your peers reading this realize you are blinded by what you want to hear (ps-shouldn't it be deafened?). But the words were spoken, in a clear way. Blizzard is not as interested in changes as you are.
    Point proven. When they say "classic" but you want to hear "vanilla" its, and i quote, "they muddled the terms" but when they say a generic, meaningless thing such as "vanilla means vanilla" you hear "there will be zero changes ever and we are created a perfect carbon copy of vanilla!"

so blind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Red:
    Source, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    As someone who accuses others of not being acquainted with news, frankly you seem to be not acquainted with news. It's from recent watercooler post
    Actually, Blizzard said it would be conveniences alike that of the Battle.net integration. Which to me screams not much ingame.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    What people don't understand imo is that this Classic server will be a REMASTERED VERSION not a RELAUNCH! See the difference! Move on! Even if they add a transmog option you will still play it since it won't matter at all. You will still have to farm the items, the rep, the atunements and so on. And as a rogue I'd rather transmog my future t3 in t2 since it still looks better and more badass than t3 ever will.

It won't ruin my experience in any way with or without transmog I don't care. And neither should people on either side of changes vs nochanges. Meaningless things like transmog don't mean shit for the classic feeling.
    Last edited by Dudas; 2018-06-19 at 12:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    What people don't understand imo is that this Classic server will be a REMASTERED VERSION not a RELAUNCH! See the difference! Move on! Even if they add a transmog option you will still play it since it won't matter at all. You will still have to farm the items, the rep, the atunements and so on. And as a rogue I'd rather transmog my future t3 in t2 since it still looks better and more badass than t3 ever will.

It won't ruin my experience in any way with or without transmog I don't care. And neither should people on either side of changes vs nochanges. Meaningless things like transmog don't mean shit for the classic feeling.
    Sorry, that is just complete and utter nonsense. Transmogs destroyed the visual display of in-game achievement, not because you didn't still have to get the item, but because it disconnected wearing your best gear from wearing your best-looking gear. In Vanilla you had plenty of people running around in IF in style gear, but you also had the guys who spent all their time grinding for remarkable items stand out of the crowd. That was a strong motivator for many.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    As Blizzard said, there will be conveniences that do not affect the game-play. To be honest, when they announced Classic Servers, I did not expect return straight back into Vanilla. I expected Vanilla feeling to be preserved but things have to change to some extent.
    Do you live under a rock or just don't care to read anything? Just recently they said they are doing their best to have no changes except adapting the client and db to modern hardware and bnet integration.

Always wonder why do some people keep insisting that it will be changed even when blizz announces otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Do you live under a rock or just don't care to read anything? Just recently they said they are doing their best to have no changes except adapting the client and db to modern hardware and bnet integration.

Always wonder why do some people keep insisting that it will be changed even when blizz announces otherwise.
    What you are describing is it being changed. Vanilla didn't have cross-character, cross-faction, cross-realm, cross-game friends lists. Nor did it have the modern API which will almost certainly allow for addons that did not exist at the time, and remove addons that did exist at the time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsu2881 View Post
    Sorry, that is just complete and utter nonsense. Transmogs destroyed the visual display of in-game achievement, not because you didn't still have to get the item, but because it disconnected wearing your best gear from wearing your best-looking gear. In Vanilla you had plenty of people running around in IF in style gear, but you also had the guys who spent all their time grinding for remarkable items stand out of the crowd. That was a strong motivator for many.
    Yes yes the same way in retail people that see me wearing my Mythic raiding gear will go and push for M raids when they are just lfr plebs?

Nobody will be motivated by anything if they see me in t3 or t2. Nobody gives a fuck anymore don't worry. And people that want to raid after they see what it takes on the grind fest scale will stop doing it anyway.

Meanwhile I would still like my character to look as if he is in t2 rather than t3. It's a personal preference. And I don't give a single fuck if you or anyone else feels that their "immersion" is ruined because I have t3 equipped but look like I have t2... Nor should you care. That won't stop you from progressing or grinding that lovely argent dawn reputation and them mats.

And on the contrary I'd rather have people look as they want based on their class fantasy and roleplay/immersion and how they think their characters should look rather than 10 rogues in a raid all in t3 cause after one year there won't be anything better to obtain so we'll all be generic star wars clone troopers.

Classic community doenst want any changes. If blizz make changes we will quit the game.

No changes
    Good to know that you speak for the entire Classic community, I guess it'll be a ghost town then considering that using the Legion/BfA client for Classic is a pretty massive change.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    What you are describing is it being changed. Vanilla didn't have cross-character, cross-faction, cross-realm, cross-game friends lists. Nor did it have the modern API which will almost certainly allow for addons that did not exist at the time, and remove addons that did exist at the time.
    Battle-net is a Blizzard thing, not a (Vanilla) WoW thing, they add it into every new game, which Vanilla basically is considering the amount of work is going into.

The regular friends list still exists, if you only want to add a single character, do that, if you don't want people from Vanilla having your battletag, don't give it to other people.

But seriously, in my opinion this entire discussion shows how little common sense exists here.
    Can't we just find the fine line between thing that are ingame and things that happen exclusively besides it?

Like really, does the B-Net Integration seriously affect your Vanilla expierence? Especially in the light that you're free to use it?

On both sides we have idiots that think the tiniest deviation from Vanilla already means it's becoming some sort of Frankenstein server that's put together from features across various expansions.
    On the other hand we have people that honestly believe they're going to rework classes / specs to make them work, yeah because Blizzard wants to interefere into a system that was never meant to be balanced and while simultaneously replicating 2004 Class design, i'm sure that will work and please people.

Something like the B-net integration is just common sense, ignoring that would like the Vanilla being only able to run on Windows XP, sure it's fun because that's how it (basically) was back in the day, but then you realize that's pretty inconvenient and doesn't really add any noteworthy nostalgia.

People should seriously look at other retro stuff that's been released over the past years, like the SNES Classic, that system can easily be connected to new TV's, has multiple games built into it (No cartridges!) but the freaking gameplay on the console is the same.
    That's what those Vanilla Servers are and most likely will be, there is no need to enter a time bubble set in 2005.

They should have vanilla vanilla, but also new vanilla, raid tuning, dual spec, multispec tier (dont rebalance classes except in cases where they are otherwise 100% useless), debuff limit removed, increased buff durations, alliance shaman, horde paladins, stat fixes (ie spirit on plate) and im sure theres plenty more.

Probably making a mistake by giving a real answer to a thread that's devolved into infighting, but here we go.

I don't want any changes, but - BUT - I can see the appeal of 1.13 content. I wasn't a fan of BC, though appreciate it more in retrospect. A big reason I didn't like it, like many other high-end players, was that our hard-earned raid gear was going to be worthless. Adding 10 levels, regardless of how top-tier your gear was, meant it was going to be useless. AND, add the fact that Outland was a new world - not just a new zone on Azeroth - it meant we would be leaving our world and spending most of our time in an area that maybe we didn't like the feel, aesthetic, or anything else of. Zangarmarsh was cool, and Nagrand felt like Azeroth, but really it was an alien world, and I missed Azeroth.

I've wanted a Classic server really badly since Cataclysm, but if I'm honest my heart has always been in the Classic world. I see the desire for 1.13 content - content that doesn't change the level cap, but adds new things to do. To be honest, if done right, I wouldn't necessarily oppose something like this down the road (I'm talking 3-5 years after launch, at least).

BUT, this would change Classic, and it wouldn't be Classic anymore. No matter how well they did, it simply wouldn't be the same game. The biggest part of me wants Classic to remain untouched, #NoChanges (within reason - I believe after the watercooler that Blizz knows what they're doing and will deliver the product the right way). At the end of the day, that's where I stand. If they want to release 1.13 type content on a few separate servers, but leave proper 1.12 Classic servers untouched for the sake of posterity (if nothing else) then I wouldn't mind. The idea of brand new content, but still within level 60 Azeroth, Classic restrictions, sounds intriguing, but if it's an all or nothing one or the other, I'm all about maintaining Classic as it was, both for nostalgic, gameplay, and historic preservation reasons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I hope they do, just to spite those of you with that horrible signature.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah no you cant just link a bunch of paragraphs and say "find it" you need to go "here it is, here is the line"
    or else i wold go "Google this and you will find it goodluck!"

oh just as i qoute you, you add it, good for you.
    well guess what they are literally ones that do not effect the game at all, you could remove thosethigns and no one in the game would notice, so it is most likely stuff like download help, optimizing, support, of corse the purchasing system, and others.
    nothing they have shown so far will AT ALL EVEN TOUCH gameplay.
    battlenet unlike transmog does not effect gameplay.
    My sig shows what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Good to know that you speak for the entire Classic community, I guess it'll be a ghost town then considering that using the Legion/BfA client for Classic is a pretty massive change.
    You are wrong and your delusional opinion changes nothing.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

it absolutely makes sense to have changes. Either give WoW classic its own brand new content and expansions, or just follow retail.

then in another 10 years, Classic WoW 2. That's the best strategy to profitable nostalgia.