Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I thought this was a bad WoW name at first.

Deleted
    Who lol? Some punk kid nobody dies and you have to post it on MMO-C, typical.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Who lol? Some punk kid nobody dies and you have to post it on MMO-C, typical.
    A nobody doesn't have an album go top 10 in at least fifteen countries, including a number 1 in the US. I mean, between you and him, you're the nobody. Same as me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    A nobody doesn't have an album go top 10 in at least fifteen countries, including a number 1 in the US. I mean, between you and him, you're the nobody. Same as me.
    Nope, we're alive and he's food for worms, he's a nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Seems like pretty natural death cause for rapper.
    Yeah, judging by the life expectancy of Rappers, I dont know why many go into that line of work. lol

Deleted
    Nope, we're the somebody. He's the dead body.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktrooprx View Post
    are you seriously comparing someone talking some shit to people to someone who committed extremely serious felonies on a pregnant woman no less. ya no he deserves no respect, dead or alive. dude lived as a piece of shit and died a piece of shit.
    Like I said, Xxx influenced way more people than totalbiscut ever did. So to downplay Xxx but to hold Totalbiscut to a higher standard is a bit ironic.

Totalbiscut saw his death coming and made amends for it so he would be remembered for something positive.
    Xxx did not see his death coming.
    Other than Xxx positively influencing way more people, there isn't much difference between the two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Well don't link a video with such trash lyrics and say its influential then.
    Whether you feel it's influential is completely subjective to your personal beliefs. However there are millions who view Xxx's music as influential on their lives. Since being influential is a matter of individual perception, then Xxx was without a doubt a very impactful artist.

RIP Xxxtentacion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Except TB was a genuinely good guy and the argument could quite easily be made that XXX wasn't.
    He is only perceived as a good guy because of the amends and good deeds he was able to make as he saw his death coming years before it happened. Anyone who can see their death years before it happens has the ability and motivation to leave mostly good memories. Totalbiscut was a toxic player before he discovered he had cancer. You can see a lot of the comments in his older videos of him being very aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Whether you feel it's influential is completely subjective to your personal beliefs. However there are millions who view Xxx's music as influential on their lives. Since being influential is a matter of individual perception, then Xxx was without a doubt a very impactful artist.
    not going to listen to that ever, but from those 8 "lyrics" i can see, he clearly spoke the truth, he did too much fucking talking and he got murked.

Deleted
    Top 10 RAP SONGS, which is a very low standard. That's like "too 10 best looking turds"

Below is a good write-up by someone on reddit.

Later that day, XXXTentacion left the room and returned with two grilling implements—a “barbecue pitchfork” and a “barbecue cleaner,” she said—and told her to pick between them, because he was going to put one of them in her vagina. She chose the fork. He told her to undress. He was lightly dragging the tool against her inner thigh when she passed out. He did not penetrate her with it.

Following that incident, XXXTentacion began to act violently toward her often. Around July 2016, the couple moved to Orlando. When asked during the deposition to “pinpoint the days he threatened to kill you,” the reported victim responded, “Well, when we lived in Orlando, it was literally like every day.”

XXXTentacion head-butted her, punched her, stomped on her, and put her in the bathtub, where he continued hitting and kicking her. “He also wanted to cut out my tongue because I was singing the song,” she said. She tried to run away down the street. He tackled her, causing her head to hit the pavement. She suffered black eyes, a lump on the back of her head, scratch marks, and bruises, including a large bruise on her ankle where he stomped her.

while living in Orlando, he hit her with white plastic clothes hangers. “He broke a good 30 hangers on my legs,” she said. Around this time, he tried cutting her hair, and he held her head under running water in the bathtub.

In August, XXXTentacion was arrested in a separate case. (As previously reported, he was charged with armed home invasion, robbery, and aggravated battery with a firearm, stemming from an alleged incident in November 2015.

He told her he knew she had cheated on him. He put a knife to her neck, strangled her “a little bit,” and called her a “ho,” she said. That night, he woke her up and told her to go outside, where he picked up an empty glass beer bottle and demanded that she tell him the truth or, “I’m going to fuck you up.”

About a week later, she and XXXTentacion moved to an apartment in Sweetwater, Fla. In two incidents there, XXXTentacion grabbed her by the neck, strangled her, and forced her down on the bed before another person who lived there came to the rescue. “I’m like scared,” she said, recalling how she felt. “It’s like he’s going to like end up killing me or something.”

In early October 2016, she found out that she was pregnant by XXXTentacion. The pregnancy was planned by both of them. On the afternoon of October 6, he told her to move from the bed they were lying on. He then went out onto the balcony, where she could still hear him, and called up the person she had slept with while XXXTentacion was in jail, demanding to know everything. When XXXTentacion returned inside, he told her, “You need to tell me the truth right now or I’ll kill you and this jit.” She said that “jit” was slang for the unborn child.

He then started elbowing, head-butting, and punching her. He strangled her until she almost passed out. He took her to the bathroom and demanded one last time that she tell him everything or he would kill her in the bathtub. She couldn’t even recognize her face in the mirror—it looked “distorted”—and her left eye was completely shut and “leaking blood.” She was losing vision. She vomited.
    https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/xxxte...-in-testimony/

Picture of her after one of the instances of abuse: http://www.hiphopoverload.com/wp-con...kd2f74a3gg.jpg

Video of XXX decking his girl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMJ_bHaVjZQ (credit: /u/ano1batman)

Edit: I'm seeing a lot of comments asking "Why didn't she just leave?" Here's some more info from that same article which might help you understand:

Other people who lived in the Sweetwater apartment eventually arrived, and she asked them to let her go to the hospital. XXXTentacion told her she couldn’t leave until her face had healed, because otherwise the police would be called. He told her she had to wear a hoodie. XXXTentacion and the others also put glasses on her, then they all got in a car and drove to an apartment she had never been to before, in North Miami Beach. (The hoodie and glasses were noted in a police report.) They left her in a bedroom, and XXXTentacion confiscated her phone. She didn’t get it back until he was arrested on October 8.

For the next two days she didn’t leave that room except to use an adjacent bathroom. She couldn’t find a way to flee. There were bars on the windows. “If you’re smart, you would stay with me until you get a car and you have enough money to move into an apartment,” he told her. “Because if you leave now, you’re just setting yourself up for failure. You’re going to be homeless.”

Around 2 a.m. on October 8, XXXTentacion was in the living room of the apartment playing Minecraft and using Skype. She let him know she was going into the kitchen to make him some food. She opened the refrigerator door wide enough so that he wouldn’t be able to see her if he she crouched down, and then she opened a side door and ran to the nearest main street she knew. She didn’t have any money. She asked someone if she could use their phone and called the only number she knew by heart. It was the number for the ex-boyfriend she had been living with the night she agreed to move in with XXXTentacion. That ex-boyfriend’s mother drove her to the Miami Beach police department.

Pitchfork also obtained transcripts of previously unreported depositions by the woman’s ex-boyfriend, his mother, and Sgt. Amel Soto, the Miami Beach police officer who first questioned the woman. The ex-boyfriend backed up much of her testimony regarding what XXXTentacion had done to her. The ex-boyfriend’s mother attested to the woman’s injuries, describing her eyes, for example, as “black and blue, purple, every color under the rainbow.” Soto—a 23-year veteran of the police force—remembered the reported victim telling him about being attacked for humming someone else’s music. He testified, “I had never in my entire career heard something like that.”
    While I'm on a tangent here, here is Shiloh Dynasty, the singer who XXXTentacion sampled for most of his biggest hits, and who is arguably the person responsible for developing XXX's style in his debut CD: https://www.instagram.com/shilohdynasty/?hl=en

Jocelyn Florez, by XXX (2017): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1D3G2VGQ_8

Original, by Shiloh Dynasty (2016): https://www.instagram.com/p/BJX5zTfD...=shilohdynasty

Angel, by XXX (2017): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k4RQnV3Sx4

Original, by Shiloh (2016): https://www.instagram.com/p/BGSipZOI...=shilohdynasty

Everybody Dies in Their Nightmares, by XXX (2017): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JGDWKJfgxQ

Original, by Shiloh (2015): https://www.instagram.com/p/5odJYRot...=shilohdynasty

Shiloh hasn't been active on Instagram for years, but he/she's been the voice of low-fi hip hop since probably 2017 when he/she began getting remixed into tracks. I think XXX deserves some credit as an artist, but I was pretty pissed personally when I heard Shiloh's original versions and realized XXX didn't give him/her any credit for them.

A lot of people are saying I'm being unfair to XXX. I follow the genre pretty close - hip hop has been my favorite type of music for years. I'll say that XXX, along with some other rappers that gained traction around the same time, helped to pioneer a fusion of punk/emo and hip hop that became very popular (especially among teens dealing with depression - he focused heavily on topics of depression and suicide in his lyrics). He was a rising talent and was cut down short, which is unfortunate. But your legacy isn't judged wholly on the songs that you put out - it includes what you as a person contributed to society. Some people will say that his music justified the harm he did to society, and it's ok if they think that, but I'm not going to take this post down because I think it shows important context that people deserve to see.

Edit: I know a lot of you guys were big fans of XXX. Here are a couple of his defining tracks for people who haven't heard much from him:

Sad

Revenge

Jocelyn Flores

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Video of XXX decking his girl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMJ_bHaVjZQ (credit: /u/ano1batman)
    People need to stop posting that on every Xxx death thread. That video was jokingly posted on snapchat. Not real.

RIP Xxxtentacion

- - - Updated - - -

He is only perceived as a good guy because of the amends and good deeds he was able to make as he saw his death coming years before it happened. Anyone who can see their death years before it happens has the ability and motivation to leave mostly good memories. Totalbiscut was a toxic player before he discovered he had cancer. You can see a lot of the comments in his older videos of him being very aggressive.
    "All that fucking talking will get you murked
    Run up on me pussy you will get murked
    I'm coming for your daughter and your life pussy nigga
    I'm a make her pussy take pride when I'm in it"

Ok, so the people who think lyrics that tell you to kill others, raping both their daughter and wife are influential, only people who find that type of trash influential is trash that should be the same place as him, linking videos without looking at the actual lyrics in it isn't doing well for your case.

Only person who got "murked" was him.

Deleted
    On a related note, Pittsburgh rapper Jimmy Wopo was shot killed within hours after Xxx.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8405686.html

RiP Jimmy Wopo

Deleted
    Nothing of value was lost.

Deleted
    "All that fucking talking will get you murked
    Run up on me pussy you will get murked
    I'm coming for your daughter and your life pussy nigga
    I'm a make her pussy take pride when I'm in it"

Ok, so the people who think lyrics that tell you to kill others, raping both their daughter and wife are influential, only people who find that type of trash influential is trash that should be the same place as him, linking videos without looking at the actual lyrics in it isn't doing well for your case.

Only person who got "murked" was him.
    That's literally your personal opinion and your personal perception. Millions of his fans (and even people who aren't his fans) perceives it differently. If you don't like him that's fine. But the FACT is that millions took a loss when Xxx died.

That's literally your personal opinion and your personal perception. Millions of his fans (and even people who aren't his fans) perceives it differently. If you don't like him that's fine. But the FACT is that millions took a loss when Xxx died.
    Yeah but the world as a whole took a win.

lol the old usual bullshit, about how complex and deep rap lyrics are. they're really not 99% of the time it's plainly obvious but you keep white knighting all you want, he's dead you can't save him.

Deleted
    Yeah but the world as a whole took a win.
    If you didn't listen to Xxx/ didn't know him you weren't affected by him. So the world is actually taking a loss with him gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol the old usual bullshit, about how complex and deep rap lyrics are. they're really not 99% of the time it's plainly obvious but you keep white knighting all you want, he's dead you can't save him.
    You're the one blatantly trying to put your personal beliefs on everyone else. Newsflash, you aren't Xxxtentacion and you opinions don't influence millions of people. I'm stating facts that millions were affected by his death. You can talk negative about him as much as you want. Doesn't change the millions that were positively influenced by him.

I Honestly had no idea who this was, and I honestly don't care.

you might as well stated "another human died" there's still going to be 7 Billion more.