Poll: Do you hate/love Vereesa and Alleria

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've no problem with Vareesa's story, though she was ultimately a stand-in Alleria for Knaak's Rhonin story arc. They could have fleshed it out more if they wanted to but she's always been a supporting character, so I don't expect too much in that regard. What they've done with Alleria and this whole void story arc is bothersome though. The entire thing felt forced. They could have explored a darker path for her without turning her into Gollum. It is what it is at this point though. It's their story, I'm just a consumer, and I don't care enough about those characters to quit enjoying the larger narrative because they screwed up a sub-plot.

Their story sucks. Alleria hasn't had any story from Warcraft II to Legion. And the nonsense to incorporate the Void and Void Elves sucks. Vereesa is the wow equivalent of a 1950s house wife. She has no real combat training and somehow ends up as the leader of the Silver Covenant. The comic with them is interesting and adds some depth, so it's getting better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    The Void Elves are the first mortals in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers. Period. They are much more useful than trash races like Night Elves, High Elves and Gnomes that are just there so the writers can have some fodder for the Horde to spank.

Oh wait, Void Elves and High Elves are the same race, my bad.
    The Ethereals did.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I don't mind either Veressa or Alleria. Alleria is clearly the more interesting of the two given her transformation into a void elf and the fact that every time you talk to her in game you have to remember there are voices in her head imploring her to violently kill you. Gives the conversations an edge.

Veressa is fine as well, she seems a bit emotionally distraught but given all she has been through I don't blame her for that. I think her terrifying sons are the only things keeping her sane. However she has made some poor decisions and she did happily engage in the wanton slaughter of the purge out of apparently pure malice, so she doesn't have clean hands nor is she is a virtuous person. She is damaged.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh he's very, very dead. If I had to use a word to describe how dead he is, it would be cadaverific.
    I really want them to develop Vereesa and especially her twins, they could really be a part of a new generation of heroes with the likes of Andui n and Valeera Sanguinar as the first of this new next gen heroes.

And to all those who say Vereesa is a trophy wife, did they miss that she has Bern a widow since cataclysm?

Blizzard didn't do her justice in Legion, it should have been Vereesa, not Tyrande leading the alliance representation, and after the death of Gul'dan. Don't get me wrong, Tyrande should have played a major role in Suramar, but one more like Valewalker Farodin did in 7.0, as High priestess of Elune returned to her home city thought lost, and flock long without the goddess and desperately in need of deliverance - what an opportunity to see Tyrande the priest for the first time since Wot a trilogy, instead of Tyrande the sentinel/racial leader. Blizzard really missed a chance to show us the priest side of the Order of Elune in action, Suramar the perfect setting to smite the demonic foes and bring healing, hope and deliverance to oppressed NIGHTBORNE.

Sigh...if only they engaged with us more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Horde players hated Veressa (and Tyrande, and Jaina, and Rogers) for daring to fight back, and expected them to brush off having their homes destroyed by the Horde.
    Tyrande gets the most flak from Night Elves fan if anything. Rogers doesn't get much flak from anyone. Jaina is a flip-flopping mess and a power-abusing hypocrite that white-washes herself on multiple occasions.

Vereesa on is an ungodly abomination of writing that hates Blood Elves for no reason. Because she wasn't one of the High Elves exiled for refusing to drain mana out of critters. And in Night of the Dragon, which lore-wise is set between TBC and WotLK. And in that book she does not hate them. Instead she empathizes with them and says that if it wasn't for sucking on Rhonin's magic stick to satiate her need for mana instead, she'd do the same thing as Blood Elves. When a Blood Elf does something against her, which could be stretched into a reason to hate the entire race, she personally tells him straight to his face he does not deserve to call himself a Blood Elf.

Then, despite nothing else related to Blood Elves happening to her till WotLK, she randomly starts hating them. To the point she later merrily participates in ethno-political cleansing of Blood Elves started by Jaina and her power abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    They hated Alleria because she stayed loyal to the Alliance and "was lied to" by Veressa when they had that RP moment on the Vindicar. It's like, how or why would she sugar coat what happened to Theramore?
    The comic shows she already lied to Alleria on one thing. And it was pretty much the only thing the comic showed Vereesa to explain to Alleria. So given how nothing specific has been said on Vindicaar, she has 100% lie rate. So, in context of Theramore, she could have pretended it was an innocent city that was viciously attacked out of the blue in Tides of War, after two years of totally not waging war against the Horde. You know, like Jaina and the rest of the Alliance did in Tides of War.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Oh he's very, very dead. If I had to use a word to describe how dead he is, it would be cadaverific.
    In Warcraft cadavers can still be resurrected. Rhonin has been most likely disenchanted, so at best he can be used to enchant something. Like a toilet bowl.

I would assume so, since Demon Hunters are able to damage Demons who are infused with Fel. In addition, Back in TBC, Shadow Priests could damage Dimensius the All-Devouring, a being made solely of Void energy.
    You mean back in TBC that still had mobs with resistances or outright immunities to specific spell schools for lore reasons, like Al'ar to fire and various types of Voidwalkers to shadow until 2.3 or so?

Even so, it's not just the Void Lords. Imagine how useful Alleria or Umbric could have been in past wars. They could have used their amazing powers (which they gained when they defied the shadows' whispers) to create dimensional rifts to evacuate the Wrathgate when it was ambushed by Putress, or Theramore when Garrosh bombed it. They possess ultimate power that is useful in any situation. Everyone wields the Light, it is nothing amazing or anything. But the Void, no mortal could control it. Not until Alleria devoured the twisted heart of a dying naaru, and became the first mortal in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers.
    Theramore had some of the best Mages when it comes to teleportation already. So good luck with that. And good luck teleporting an army out of Wrathgate in the short time between the catapults of Putress launching the barrels and them hitting the ground.

Are you aware that you are an infamous Alleria hater who is twisting reality?

Good. I will speak the truth. I don't care if people cannot stand the awesomeness of Alleria's new powers. They will deal with it. I will most certainly not downplay or even denigrate Alleria just because there might be a tiny minority out there who just can't stand Alleria's lore development.
    Will? As in the future? Good, at least you said one true thing. Because when it comes to your Alleria related posts so far, you're putting Void to shame when it comes to its truthfulness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Only one I dislike is Sylvanas. Still feel that her most fitting end would be to return her to full living again. Could you imagine coming to terms with everything she has done... walking on the other side once more. Such cruel irony... that would be a story worth exploring. Coming to grips with a loss of power... being at the mercy of those she was hell bent on killing. Such a fitting end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Only one I dislike is Sylvanas. Still feel that her most fitting end would be to return her to full living again. Could you imagine coming to terms with everything she has done... walking on the other side once more. Such cruel irony... that would be a story worth exploring. Coming to grips with a loss of power... being at the mercy of those she was hell bent on killing. Such a fitting end.
    Sylvanbas a high elf again...what would that mean to the alliance, to the high elves, to Vereesa

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Sylvanas a high elf again...what would that mean to the alliance, to the high elves, to Vereesa
    Exactly, this unexpected change could drive the narrative in entirely new ways... what's more it doesn't turn Sylvanas into Garrosh 2.0... it would be a new take on the redemption story. How can you even begin to come to grips with the atrocities that you personally oversaw? How do you even begin to ask for forgiveness when you've done the unforgivable? What compassion would those you sought to destroy extend to you? How could you even except it? I don't know... but I feel it would be a story worth exploring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Why exactly would she in that situation be any more at the mercy of the Alliance than she is now? Just because she would return to being a High Elf does not mean she would automatically leave the Horde and have to join the Alliance. One could argue that she would MAYBE no longer be able to lead the Forsaken because they wouldn't accept someone alive leading them (although then they would conveniently forget the stuff Sylvanas has done for them in the past), but that doesn't mean she couldn't still lead the Horde or at the very least return to Quel'thalas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

I picked: I'm horde and it's Vereesa I really don't like.

She really is whiny, weak, and gets on my nerves. But, I suppose I can understand she is still in mourning because her husband died and her weakness is supposed to humanize her, but I feel it just makes her annoying-shrugs-

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They are all pretty much generic female elven archers who sole purpose is mating with human male MC. Sylvanas is the only one who kinda subverts that trope.
    Not really, you just had Dark Mirror Short story to show that Sylvanas sacrificed one of Her Vakyrs so Nathanos could have nice new human male body, not elf, not maintain forsaken model. Human male one.

As for me. - It's not that I hate them. But I dislike them for the same reason as stated above, so: generic elf ranger that shags with human male. All of them are ignorant, all of them think way too highly of themselves. All are causing dramas.

Therefore they're all very unlikable. But It's not that I mind them that much in game. But in Sylvanas case - my poor ears. Medal to the one who silences her permanently.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    I'm horde and don't mind any of them. Sylvanas' story is heading in an obvious redemption arc which is getting a bit predictable. Vereesa came across well in the comic I thought - the most grounded, and her apology added some much needed character to her. Alleria is probably going to succumb to the whispers during bfa.

They're great. One of those few elves who stayed on the right side. They make sense. The ones who don't are those in the horde.

Considering they are all going to join forces to train Dark Rangers next expansion, I don't hate them becasue they will be undead soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Considering they are all going to join forces to train Dark Rangers next expansion, I don't hate them becasue they will be undead soon.
    This is literally my dream scenario. Hope it turns out to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    This is literally my dream scenario. Hope it turns out to be the case.
    They are literally driving Sylvanas out of the horde for a reason, I cannot see there being any other reason since her sisters have magically been brought to the forefront in Legion, it was not just for fun and the comic with her sisters is foreshadowing of things to come.

Both are race traitors and deserve to be killed in the worst way possible.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Is the Alleria LARPer the Ren-dorei LARPer from before?
    Alleria defo feels like a larper... it all seems like bullshit for some reason.

the author writing some of Alleria's parts needs to tone downthe 'pot meet kettle' moments a bit....

"She's been lost to the shadow for far too long".... spoken by someone who's spent the better part of a millenia immersing themselves in the literal manifestation of shadows and traveling the void...

Meh.
    /10 characters

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

The Void Elves are the first mortals in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers. Period. They are much more useful than trash races like Night Elves, High Elves and Gnomes that are just there so the writers can have some fodder for the Horde to spank.

Oh wait, Void Elves and High Elves are the same race, my bad.
    If serious, you're genuinely terrifying. I wouldn't let you near my family in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You, I like you.