Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Good riddance. Kid was obviously a garbage human being

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    That's literally your personal opinion and your personal perception. Millions of his fans (and even people who aren't his fans) perceives it differently. If you don't like him that's fine. But the FACT is that millions took a loss when Xxx died.
    "All that fucking talking will get you murked
    Run up on me pussy you will get murked
    I'm coming for your daughter and your life pussy nigga
    I'm a make her pussy take pride when I'm in it"

How else should one perceive it? Its just like bible thumpers who defend their bibles when you point out idiotic passages.

- - - Updated - - -

If you didn't listen to Xxx/ didn't know him you weren't affected by him. So the world is actually taking a loss with him gone.
    Except he influenced many youth and he can no longer be a negative influence, so its a win.

Deleted
    How can you be a fan of an artist who's such a subhuman pièce of shit?
    The art we can disagree on, but a guy who beats up his girlfriend?

You're the one blatantly trying to put your personal beliefs on everyone else. Newsflash, you aren't Xxxtentacion and you opinions don't influence millions of people. I'm stating facts that millions were affected by his death. You can talk negative about him as much as you want. Doesn't change the millions that were positively influenced by him.
    "positively influenced" that is a very loose use of that term. dunno how positive those lyrics or his actions are, maybe millions love the though of murking people and "coming for their daughters" beating their women, out of billions on the planet thats probably correct.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    "All that fucking talking will get you murked
    Run up on me pussy you will get murked
    I'm coming for your daughter and your life pussy nigga
    I'm a make her pussy take pride when I'm in it"

How else should one perceive it? Its just like bible thumpers who defend their bibles when you point out idiotic passages.

It's the medium he was working in, you can't expect some death metal band to start singing John Denver songs, "country roads, take me home, to the place I belong, West Viginia, Mountain momma, take me home, country roads." They'd lose fans.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    but a guy who beats up his girlfriend?
    i think you're being nice calling it "beats up" i think he went further than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's the medium he was working in, you can't expect some death metal band to start singing John Denver songs, "country roads, take me home, to the place I belong, West Viginia, Mountain momma, take me home, country roads." They'd lose fans.
    i bet they could fucking make it work though not interested in death metal but i'd like to hear a thrash metal version for sure.

Deleted
    So what you're saying is, the medium is toxic garbage that needs to go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    This is in part what is wrong with society....this person was a complete pos (based on ACTUAL charges/convictions) yet there are people here who are actually trying to DEFEND him by saying he 'helped' people. I would be willing to wager he did more harm to people and society with his lyrics/actions than he actually helped people. Trying to justify his shitty actions by saying 'well he helped a few people' does NOT make him a good person...his actions prove otherwise.

Did he deserve to die because of it...no, absolutely not. But I think to it is safe to say, the world will be an overall better place without people like this.

People need to stop defending asshats like this.
    You're confusing defending with people like me saying that it's not so black and white. And also I think the problem with society is that we condemn people as if we're perfect ourselves and we would never do such things, but as the Joker said "You're one bad day away from being me."

I'm not defending his actions, I'm merely saying that they likely stemmed from some form of abuse or mental issues he experienced and perhaps he needed help, instead of just being thrown in jail and then tossed back out onto the street. When he was in jail the first time they probably should've tried to rehabilitate him. But that's not what prison is for, it's just for punishment, and we wonder why we have so many repeat offenders.

Witness tampering, wife beating, assorted felony charges, rapping... I don't know which was worst. I'm so glad rap isn't really a thing here. It creates horrible role models and glorifies disruptive if not downright criminal behaviours.

Are you saying nobody can make a positive uplifting positive rap album? It has to be all about raping, murder and drugs? Is that the medium rap is in? Is that why gang culture is so pervasive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you saying nobody can make a positive uplifting positive rap album? It has to be all about raping, murder and drugs? Is that the medium rap is in? Is that why gang culture is so pervasive?
    There are plenty of uplifting rap albums. Probably more than the gangster rap albums at this point. And gang culture is a whole topic in and of itself, but rap music is only a small part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    There are plenty of uplifting rap albums. Probably more than the gangster rap albums at this point. And gang culture is a whole topic in and of itself, but rap music is only a small part of it.
    I agree with you, there is no excuse for and shouldnt tolerate any music or artist that glorifies rape, murder, drug and gang culture. If comics cant joke about rape how can rap artists continue to make music glorifying it?

I agree with you, there is no excuse for and shouldnt tolerate any music or artist that glorifies rape, murder, drug and gang culture. If comics cant joke about rape how can rap artists continue to make music glorifying it?
    because rappers are all black (joking) and if you tell them what they can't do it's racist! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    because rappers are all black (joking) and if you tell them what they can't do it's racist! /s
    You joke, but I bet there is something to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't change the amount of live's he has impacted.
    Yes he did indeed impact the lives of many....through the crimes he committed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Yes he did indeed impact the lives of many....through the crimes he committed.
    He is loved for his music, not his character.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really simply quite your opinion what you think of those who have been influenced by him. The fact is that millions more feel they were positively impacted by Xxx's music compared to those who believe they were positively impacted by Totalbiscut.

It's a matter of how each individual perceives said influence. And if the individuals perceive it as positive then it is a fact to state that Xxx has impacted millions more lives.

Xxx's first hit song had more of an impact than half of totalbiscuts videos combined. And this is only half as popular as his most popular song.
    Goddamn, that song is garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    He is loved for his music, not his character.
    what I don't like is the standard bullshit "oh he was so inspirational". no. fuck that. he was a woman beating piece of crap who should never ever be looked up to as some sort of role model or hero just because his music was good.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have a weird double standard when it comes to music, espcially rap.

Violent video games? Ok.
    Violent movies? The more brutal the fight scene the better!
    Violent music? Hold on there buddy, lets not get to hasty.

Its all fake for the sake of entertainment.

though these young rappers seem to be taking it a bit too seriously...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Goddamn, that song is garbage.
    No it isn't. My garbage smells better than this sounds