76. This poll is closed
  • Lichking

19 25.00%
  • Deathwing

57 75.00%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lichking vs Deathwing

Since it became the thing of the week. Let’s move to a 1v1 which probably many will not be able to come to an agreement.

The Lichking in his prime vs Deathwing in his prime

It was highly debated many months back in the official forum , but with some new informations from chronicles and other sources maybe the tides can turn now.

Personally I would go with Deathwing since he is the only being known to survive a direct hit by the dragonsoul which he had to be stripped of all his armor beforehand to even be get serious injured by it . I couldn’t imagine that the lichking has any attacks on that power level but I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to lore

1v1, in their prime? Deathwing.
    Deathwing vs Scourge? Scourge

Lich King vs battles is kinda weird, because of all the characters in WoW, the Lich King's forces is his power. It's like saying a necromancer can't use undead minions in a fight :/
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2018-06-18 at 07:14 PM.

I would imagine whoever the writer wants to win. It's always my first thought whenever I see these things.

But in a more serious note, I would say Deathwing. He just has to open up a crater (bottom filled with lava) under the lich king. He doesn't even have to be present, looking back at the Cataclysm (cinematic), just has to give his tail a good flick.

In addition to that, Deathwing was known to be able to use the emerald dream as an extension of one of his senses (war of the ancients) and still wouldn't have to be present to mentally assault Arthas.
    Last edited by Moonstream; 2018-06-18 at 07:19 PM.

I would wager the Lich King.

Syndragosa is, after all, part of his arsenal as well as a myriad other flying creatures and abominations. Not to mention he'd have limitless ground forces.

I'd imagine he could handle ol' Deathy. But alas, these things are open to the imagination.

This has been discussed many times. Deathwing will easily win. In fact, he can defeat the whole Scourge alone. Even Chromatus can do it. The Lich King simply has nothing to kill them.

This again?

Lich King can summons Sindragosa and numerous other undead wyrms to attack from the sky. Deathwing is very powerful, but I doubt Sindragosa would just get swept aside by his wings. If Arthas can bring Deathwing down to swarm him with undead, it would still be tough piercing that tough armor the goblins covered him up with. Dragon vs. humanoid fights are always very difficult to set up, it really does come down to who the writer wants to win, like Moonstream said. It can be written either way, but since the fun of this thread is taking a side and sticking to your own logic, I'll say Lich King can take this one, especially if it's in Northrend. Use Sindragosa's ice breath to freeze Deathwing's armor, make it brittle and throw hundreds of abominations and other undead until it breaks and find a soft spot.

deathwing is canonically the size of deadwind pass.

he's stronger than every other aspect and the size of a fucking region, the lich king ain't winning with or without the scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Lich King can summons Sindragosa and numerous other undead wyrms to attack from the sky. Deathwing is very powerful, but I doubt Sindragosa would just get swept aside by his wings. If Arthas can bring Deathwing down to swarm him with undead, it would still be tough piercing that tough armor the goblins covered him up with. Dragon vs. humanoid fights are always very difficult to set up, it really does come down to who the writer wants to win, like Moonstream said. It can be written either way, but since the fun of this thread is taking a side and sticking to your own logic, I'll say Lich King can take this one, especially if it's in Northrend. Use Sindragosa's ice breath to freeze Deathwing's armor, make it brittle and throw hundreds of abominations and other undead until it breaks and find a soft spot.
    I mean... Deathwing kinda owned Sindragosa the first time she died, along with almost the rest of the blue dragonflight.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing? In his prime? Which means that he would have the Demon Soul? He would win against almost anything in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Blizz Deathwing has a wingspan of 1200'. Nearly a quarter of a mile. As much of a fangirl as I am for all things Northrend/Lich King, there just isn't anything in LK's arsenal to contend with something that big, much less with the power to literally shatter a continent.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Sindragosa can't stand a chance against Deathwing considering his size alone. It would be akin single proto-dragon vs Galakrond fight, except this time he possess power of an aspect.

Considering sunder, how his living blood worked in a fight (is there some sort of canon example of this?), how physically small Lich King is and how vulnerable he is to fire breath from such gigantic creature... I would say Deathwing again.

And if we consider Lich King using scourge - why Deathwing can't use all his minions and old god creations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deathwing with demon soul vs Lich King with entire scourge arsenal.

Deathwing would win this one in the short term. Lich King would win a long-term game by spreading plague and death to all living things until he overruns Deathwing

Nevermind Deathwing's size, dude has like hellfire breath that can cover entire zones. The Scourge would be gone after a deep breath or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I would wager the Lich King.

Syndragosa is, after all, part of his arsenal as well as a myriad other flying creatures and abominations. Not to mention he'd have limitless ground forces.

I'd imagine he could handle ol' Deathy. But alas, these things are open to the imagination.
    Sindragosa? The blue dragon that died because of Deathwing to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Sindragosa? The blue dragon that died because of Deathwing to begin with?
    I only meant to imply that the Lich King, and Scourge by extension, are known to have some dragons and aerial forces to contend with Deathwing's ability to fly.

Lich King is very strong.

But Deathwing would just use him as a toothpick, he's just too op.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    deathwing is canonically the size of deadwind pass.

he's stronger than every other aspect and the size of a fucking region, the lich king ain't winning with or without the scourge.
    That's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstars View Post
    Implying that Arthas will be stupid enough to fight him in open battle...
    Implying that Arthas could hide anywhere from the dragon that canonically is like a size of the one zone and caused Cataclysm.

People are overhyping LK, just as they do right now with Sylvanas.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2018-06-19 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstars View Post
    implying he needs to.

deathwing can ravage the entire surface of the planet with his special ability.

What if the Lich King has Galakrond at his side who is 10 times bigger than Deathwing?