Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    America was founded by traitors, but those traitors won, so it's okay.
    You're only a traitor if your rebellion fails.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    We're aware you would say something like that, yes.
    Much like I am aware a make-up wearing queer such as yourself would hold such an ignorant as an opinion to compare the two, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Much like I am aware a make-up wearing queer such as yourself would hold such an ignorant as an opinion to compare the two, yes.
    Not even subtle. Quite pathetic, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    And here boys we have a textbook example of homosexual arousal manifested as homophobia via self-hatred.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Not even close to as many as the confederates drafted.
    Most of the German Army was conscripted. Even if every single Confederate soldier was drafted, the Nazis still conscripted multiple times more soldiers than the Confederacy.

The Confederacy contained not quite 1,100,000 soldiers over its lifespan. The Nazi Reich had some 13,000,000 just in the Army, most of whom were conscripted. You're just wrong on the facts, here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not even subtle. Quite pathetic, honestly.
    You do realize that such a thing coming from somebody like yourself has no value, yeah?

Not exactly the beacon of male role models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Traitors shouldn't be honored as heroes, but they also shouldn't be forgotten either.
    I agree. That's why there are museums. We don't need their names or statues in our schools/public lands, they should be in museums so we don't forget what happened in the past.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B...-Boat_Memorial
    Germany DOES have memorials to soldiers killed, including those who died during WWII. But there is a difference between say a monument dedicated to all U-boat crews killed in action and a statue of Hitler outside the Joseph Goebbels Memorial Library.
    That's not specific to WWII soldiers, to begin with. It's a general recognition of submariners. It's one thing to include them in a general recognition like that, and quite another to have a specific memorial just to those soldiers from that regime.

Deleted
    You do realize that such a thing coming from somebody like yourself has no value, yeah?
    Dude just go to a gay club and quit with the self-loathing transference. It is such a cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Slowly but surely history is being erased, won't be surprised to see the US flag get changed because reasons..
    I sincerely hope the flag IS changed in the next 10 years. Too long have Puerto Rican voices not been heard!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starshite View Post
    Dude just go to a gay club and quit with the self-loathing transference. It is such a cliche.
    Whose alt account are you?

10+ Year Old Account

Zzzzzzzzzz.

Bigots are so predictable.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

An overreaction in general, but I guess this is all happening in the heat of the College riots where people are destroying historical pieces as we saw with the Durham’s Confederate Soldiers Monument in North Carolina Central University - Students were tearing down the statues of confederate soldiers. Changing a school name is hardly destroying history which is not even close to what happened in North Carolina.

More or less, people are just tired of people trying to change everything. The school decided to change its name and I would've chosen a far different name rather than Obama. (Because there's far more greater people to be recognized than him.)
    [Insert Infraction Here]

Deleted
    Whose alt account are you?
    Given that you just defended slavery and came out with a very direct homophobic slur, I'm very proud to be permanently banned here.

If you are what constitutes acceptable behaviour I want no part of it.

this coming from you is the pinnacle of hilarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're going to pull the "they weren't terrorists, technically" card, then you're going to push the conversation here to where we point out that the Confederacy was significantly worse than mere terrorists. They had access to far more weaponry and social support for their cause.

You're right that they weren't the equivalent of Al-Qaeda.

But it's because they were the equivalent of ISIS.

No, at that time civilians weren't harmed, at least not as a tactic. There were plenty of cases where townsfolk would line up on main street to watch the enemy forces march through. It was in no side's interest to hurt civilians.

At the end of the war property became a target, houses and barns where burnt, food was seized and railroads where torn up, etc. But even then civilians weren't targeted.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    An overreaction in general, but I guess this is all happening in the heat of the College riots where people are destroying historical pieces as we saw with the Durham’s Confederate Soldiers Monument in North Carolina Central University - Students were tearing down the statues of confederate soldiers. Changing a school name is hardly destroying history which is not even close to what happened in North Carolina.

More or less, people are just tired of people trying to change everything. The school decided to change its name and I would've chosen a far different name rather than Obama. (Because there's far more greater people to be recognized than him.)
    Those statues were put up in the first place because people wanted to rewrite the Civil War as something it wasn't. I would say its a righting of history, rather than a rewriting.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    No, at that time civilians weren't harmed, at least not as a tactic. There were plenty of cases where townsfolk would line up on main street to watch the enemy forces march through. It was in no side's interest to hurt civilians.

At the end of the war property became a target, houses and barns where burnt, food was seized and railroads where torn up, etc. But even then civilians weren't targeted.
    You seem to be ignoring the point of the war: slavery. You know, where they chained people up and tortured them if they fell out of line.

Which kind of gives your bias away here. You obviously don't see blacks as people. You've indicated that by erasing them from history mentally.

7+ Year Old Account
    Zzzzzzzzzz.

Bigots are so predictable.
    Make sure you check that bank account for that 25 cent deposit. I know lefties get off on calling people bigots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you check that bank account for that 25 cent deposit. I know lefties get off on calling people bigots.
    Don't act like one and you won't get called one.

Why you so PC bro?