Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Rofl, what does it say about the playerbase that remains when threat actually mattering is "the worst idea ever"
    Good lord go play a genre you enjoy instead. WoW's utterly braindead combat needs to be reinvigorated and maybe actually caring a bit about threat can be a minor step towards that goal? Maybe boss mechanic execution shouldn't be the only goddamn thing you think about?
    Or maybe the only players that are left are the ones that begun in WoD, and haven't actually experienced proper MMORPG combat dynamics.
    Because aggro is so fun of a mechanic when a tank is undergeared so a unpredictable crit from the DPS yanks aggro.

If you think threat is going to make it "more interesting", then I'm not sure what else to say honestly. No one is going to be like "Man, I sure am glad I have to lower my dps because our tank is undergeared". They're just going to start screaming at the tank to hold aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because aggro is so fun of a mechanic when a tank is undergeared so a unpredictable crit from the DPS yanks aggro.

If you think threat is going to make it "more interesting", then I'm not sure what else to say honestly. No one is going to be like "Man, I sure am glad I have to lower my dps because our tank is undergeared". They're just going to start screaming at the tank to hold aggro.
    If the tank is THAT undergeared you're probably in a queue'd dungeon, and if you're in a queue'd dungeon ripping aggro because you're OVERGEARED you can probably tank that mob yourself, so whatever.

You're not going to pull threat single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    It tells something about this change that no one even noticed it for so many weeks in beta.
    Literally noticed it the first dungeon I did on Beta, noticed some mobs weren't aggroing to me from Blood Boil/DnD/HS spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Literally noticed it the first dungeon I did on Beta, noticed some mobs weren't aggroing to me from Blood Boil/DnD/HS spam.
    My jab was more towards these threads and "news" popping up a month after the change was made. My experience has not been any different though i have not tried a dk at max level. Only times i've had trouble is when someone intentionally uses a broken trinket or a racial that has not been squished yet.

My jab was more towards these threads and "news" popping up a month after the change was made. My experience has not been any different though i have not tried a dk at max level. Only times i've had trouble is when someone intentionally uses a broken trinket or a racial that has not been squished yet.
    Fair enough, and I agree, people are mostly making a fuss about nothing.

The modifiers for things like thrash were there cause tanks have more pure defensive traits and dps have more pure dps traits. You cannot just say that tanks lose their weapons hence they lose threat without mentioning that dps will lose their weapons and a lot of damage too. We'll see where the tuning lands, but at the moment it seems like the relative damage of tanks has gone up in beta.
    No, if you read the wowhead link I posted, tank autoattacks are dealing 14x threat in Legion, meaning that was the baseline.

BFA will feel like skittish, all the time.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2018-06-19 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    No, if you read the wowhead link I posted, tank autoattacks are dealing 14x threat in Legion, meaning that was the baseline.

BFA will feel like skittish, all the time.
    I have played bfa, i have had 0 problems. Autoattacks being what, 6-10% of your overall damage even on varimathras. If they dealt 40% extra threat compared to other skills does it matter? Dps traits for dps classes dealt way more damage than the auto attack buff dealt threat in comparison. They lose their weapons too. On dungeon bosses around 330 i level auto attacks seem to be 14-20% of overall damage of tanks without gearing for damage. Auto attacks themselves don't really even matter, single target threat is so much easier because of taunt.

Skittish i actually wanted to gear for. I cannot stress this enough, on my experience there is nothing like that going on in normal content in the beta. I have tanked for a group of 340 geared players with 310 as well just to test this.My only worry is that random crit streaks for dps while the tank gets none are a possible problem. Easily solvable by crits not doing more threat than a non crit.

Please read more closely. 14x is the baseline in Legion as they have no threat modifiers; other tank abilities deal extra threat on top of that in 7.x.

Not that it matters because again that's just the baseline, but autoattacks were rebalanced to deal a much larger proportion of your damage in patch 8.0.