Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Stolen valor for a brother... that's a new one.

Nobody believes you.
    Just because people on some forum don't believe me doesn't mean it is stolen valor.

After all I can prove such things.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Just because people on some forum don't believe me doesn't mean it is stolen valor.

After all I can prove such things.
    Feel free to prove it all you like.

I mean, we have plenty of evidence of your bigotry, so your moral character is clearly in question.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    More fool you to think that I'd regard a neoliberal as any sort of messiah.

And quite apropos that you'd complain about "the destruction of history" vis a vis the removal of Confederate participation trophies and then go on to support revisionism.
    It isn't revisionism to say the confederates and Nazis were nothing alike. It is however to say they were the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Traitors shouldn't be honored as heroes, but they also shouldn't be forgotten either.
    What does that have to do with naming schools after them though?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Slowly but surely history is being erased, won't be surprised to see the US flag get changed because reasons..
    The victors get to write history. Schools have been renamed many times. Get over it. So long as we remember what happened and teach our children about the path of those traitors and the price paid we will be ok. Changing the name to something that was a landmark for the entire nation is a good move.

10+ Year Old Account
    But do remember the modern liberal has more in common with a nazi than a confederate.

Wants to silence free speech that disagrees with them, wants to physically attack people of different political beliefs, wants to reduce and strict gun rights so citizens couldn't defend themselves against a government. So on and so forth.
    Well, that's a bunch of complete batshit. Literally none of those are true.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't revisionism to say the confederates and Nazis were nothing alike. It is however to say they were the same.
    I was referring to your hardon for eradicating any history of the Obama presidency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    But The Donald told me thats what they think! It must be true!
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Rednecks across Virginia are triggered, no doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Got to love people claiming it was fighting against slavery on moral grounds... don't kid yourselves. It was to attack the South's economy as it was quite reliant on it, simple as. Racism THROUGHOUT the USA existed on a grand scale till the 1960s, LONG AFTER the civil war...
    You make it sound like we attacked them to root out slavery.

We did not. They seceded because they thought a Republican president would put an end to slavery (which he did anyways.) They seceded and attacked us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Slowly but surely history is being erased, won't be surprised to see the US flag get changed because reasons..
    I'm sure you'll still find Stuart's name in a history book.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I was referring to your hardon for eradicating any history of the Obama presidency.
    It isn't revisionism to erase the past presidents work through your own legislative action.

Correcting errors, so to speak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Well I am free to disagree.

Sucks you can't ban people anymore for not believing as you do, huh Endus?

10+ Year Old Account
    Boy if it weren't for my kindergarten school being named McKinley, America would have forgotten that we had a President named McKinley. It's too bad his name isn't record anywhere else . . .

That's what the conservatives in this thread sound like.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    *Shrug* My brothers success speaks for himself. He has many other achievements.
    Yes look at the glorious success of the US military in absolutely nowhere...well worth trillions of dollars of taxpayer money!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Schools shouldnt be named after ANYONE who is still living unless they personally donated at least 50% of the money needed to build it. Schools should only be named after their location anyway so as not to cause controversy politically on either side. The only exception would be if they were to allow corporate sponsorship like they do with arenas which I wholeheartedly endorse. We could use it as a way to reduce property taxes and yet still keep the schools funded. Nobody would care if their kids were going to the Comcast Middle School, or the Quicken Loans High School if it meant a million dollars went to the school to fund it
    Someone should name a school after Orlong
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Get out of here with your logic! We don't like that here on MMO Champ!
    There's no logic in honoring monsters by naming stuff after them.

Keep the traitors and slave-keepers in museums and history books
    I've no idea what to write here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am free to disagree.
    Stamping your foot and insisting that it's your "right" to say factually incorrect and politically baity things really isn't the strong defense you think it is.

Yes, you're free to misbehave and spread propaganda. Doesn't mean you aren't a bad person for doing so.

Sucks you can't ban people anymore for not believing as you do, huh Endus?
    This is both ironic, given that you're banned as I reply, and also pretty much directly counter to the facts. I never banned people for not believing as I do, but for breaking site rules. And one of my secondary reasons for stepping down (the primary one was that I didn't have time) was to have greater freedom to jump into threads, like this one, and participate, precisely because so many times I had to avoid participating in a thread because I was actively moderating it and needed to avoid any semblance of what you're accusing me of.

So, again, you're making shit up. Which is becoming a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Those statues were put up in the first place because people wanted to rewrite the Civil War as something it wasn't. I would say its a righting of history, rather than a rewriting.
    More or less, but its still history. and I don't agree with complete destruction of these pieces. Removing statues from school due to its context is fine. But destroying it is completely spitting on where we came from.

A school name is meh, I care not since there's nothing to a school name but honoring inspiration. But statues, relics, and history should be placed in museums. Destroying it however... I don't believe any sort of movement who really wants to make a change should start by dismantling where we came from. The Berlin Wall still has its historical presence despite its destruction to remove the boundaries. (which has just as much a negative history behind it.)

Last edited by Beardless Man; 2018-06-19 at 06:51 PM. Reason: added monument
    [Insert Infraction Here]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    There's no logic in honoring monsters by naming stuff after them.

Keep the traitors and slave-keepers in museums and history books
    So by this logic we shouldn't celebrate any of these Presidents then?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...o_owned_slaves

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Derp de derp, because I only know how to focus on my narrative and not look at the larger scope. Because, muh, slabery and it makes Leftist/SJW whinning morally important.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not? You're happy they named a street after a president sympathetic to Muslim extremism that gave millions of dollars to foreign states that fund terrorists. Why would you be against honoring Bin Laden? After all, didn't your Leftist narratives blame Reagan for his actions anyhow?
    prove where he was sympathetic to muslim terrorist and extremist, do it now or shut up with that concocted bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Are there any George Washington schools in Britain? What a dumb argument.
    Yes, it's in Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Yes, it's in Washington.
    Washington... England?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady