Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    preach talks alot of crap. he lies through his teeth on videos. the bloke is a pleb and his fan boys even more so for listening to him. his guides are mostly flawed and he has 0 clue as to how to play most of them. guy is a testicle and looks alot like homer simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    What I don't get here - and if someone knowns why please explain it to me - is why we once again have to worry about having enough content and substandard class design when the WoW developer team "is bigger than ever".
    dont you have PR department in your company ?

im surprised anyone bought any of this bs blizzard is spreading for years now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrnoris View Post
    preach talks alot of crap. he lies through his teeth on videos. the bloke is a pleb and his fan boys even more so for listening to him. his guides are mostly flawed and he has 0 clue as to how to play most of them. guy is a testicle and looks alot like homer simpson
    Oh you go Tiger! get em

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah, but now you don't even have the grinds, so what is left?
    I'm not sure, since the game isn't out yet. But I'd much rather have the freedom to quit and play something else, rather than feeling compelled to continue to avoid falling into power 'arrears'.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Re-reading my post the emphasis was meant to be on NH but doesn't read that way, so my bad.
    Main part being "I was okay with it being easier, it was the first raid of the expansion and gave a decent entry point."

Maybe that's just me, was a breath of fresh air after a tier like HFC which was a huge prog sink. So smashing that before ToV & NH was nice.

However the stand outs of the tier being NH and also should have included Helya, which was also a lot of fun compared to the likes of Tot4W...
    Actually I did really like the Helya fight quite a lot. That was a fun fight with a lot of different things going on, in fact the whole raid was well done for what it was.

And I should say that what I didn't like about EN...wasn't so much the fights. It was the art direction and the sheer size of the raid, felt like a Cata raid, a lot of reused assets and boring interiors with a lot of sameness everywhere. Although it was ridiculously easy and I do enjoy some amount of difficulty, my main issue with that is it gave a lot of people false hope of what raiding would be like in Legion. I ended up stuck raiding with my share of bad guilds so that didn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I'm not sure, since the game isn't out yet. But I'd much rather have the freedom to quit and play something else, rather than feeling compelled to continue to avoid falling into power 'arrears'.
    Two kinds of people I guess.

Not for me, I wouldn't even compare BfA to Legion though, Legion was known as a big expansion where they threw the kitchen sink at us lore-wise, artifact weapons, class halls, emerald dream, Argus, etc. BfA is more comparable to WoD. However, don't think so, Zandalar and Kul'tiras alone are brand new, unlike Draenor. Toggled world PVP will make leveling fun and different for the first time ever for me (never played a pvp realm) as I will have it toggled on at all times. Battle fronts looks fun too, it just looks like an overall fun expansion to me. I'm not a huge fan of just the war aspect but I am looking forward to Queen Azshara and where Sylvanas' story leads/ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Two kinds of people I guess.
    I guess people could enjoy things like AP and legendary grinds.

They must really have a boring lives though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Toggled world PVP will make leveling fun and different for the first time ever for me (never played a pvp realm) as I will have it toggled on at all times.
    There's more to it than fun times pvping, there's actual rewards. Yesterday I got into a spat of world pvp in Vol'Dun, there was sizeable group (for beta standards) or about 8 or so Alliance, and I looted sack that dropped after we wiped the group and it netted me a bunch of crafting mats including rare gems, cloth, leather, ore, grey items worth a decent amount of gold, and a sack of gold with just under 500g in it. Plus some conquest for killing them.

Not the first time I got a loot sack in beta with warmode active from pvp, but the reward seems to scale up when you kill multiple players at once.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-06-19 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    There's more to it than fun times pvping, there's actual rewards. Yesterday I got into a spat of world pvp in Vol'Dun, there was sizeable group (for beta standards) or about 8 or so Alliance, and I looted sack that dropped after we wiped the group and it netted me a bunch of crafting mats including rare gems, cloth, leather, ore, grey items worth a decent amount of gold, and a sack of gold with just under 500g in it. Plus some conquest for killing them.

Not the first time I got a loot sack in beta with warmode active from pvp, but the reward seems to scale up when you kill multiple players at once.
    See, that sounds like a good time. Sweet rewards for world pvp, the way it always should have been!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    See, that sounds like a good time. Sweet rewards for world pvp, the way it always should have been!
    Ya it's a pretty sweet deal, I've been asking for this type of change for years. Only thing I am not a huge fan of is the scaling, low lvl players that know what they're doing can just absolutely wreck you. But if it happens enough people will start forming into groups and go after them so it's not too bad.

Ya it's a pretty sweet deal, I've been asking for this type of change for years. Only thing I am not a huge fan of is the scaling, low lvl players that know what they're doing can just absolutely wreck you. But if it happens enough people will start forming into groups and go after them so it's not too bad.
    I actually like that low levels can wreck you, it events the playing field and makes it into a legit and fair fight (while one on one, until others start pouring in.) The more I'm hearing about it, the more I'm loving it.

Idc about Preach's opinion in particular. But I have little to no interest in BFA. There's not a single thing I care about. Maybe collecting the Warfront armor transmog, but I honestly don't even care if I play it in the first 3 months. Might just wait until later when there's catch up mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand the insane amount of just vitriolic backlash whenever Preach is mentioned.
    People make it seem like he's a despot or some sort of insanely atrocious, war-crime tier monster.

If you don't like his content, then don't watch it.
    Otherwise, just shut the fuck up because quite literally no one cares if you hate him, and your retarded comments will achieve quite literally nothing.

Fuck sake, this shit has ruined so many good threads already.
    Last edited by Gungnir; 2018-06-19 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    For me it was the opposite - as soon as I saw all the leggos and artifacts in PTR I immediately jumped ship and never looked back, because I know that I would not enjoy the mega RNG grinds that will be just prerequisites for playing the actual "content". Reducing them significantly / removing them will surely entice me to come back to the game.

Not everyone needs to grind 24/7 to feel "fun" - I enjoyed being "done" for the week, if I wanted to play more I could do pvp or play alts
    I completely understand and believe that you feel that way, but I think you're in the minority there. A wave of people quit in EN/early NH because of the lego system, but I would guess that many, many more logged more hours overall because of it. I would also guess that the people who stayed subbed for longer/bought gold/bought services because of legendaries far outweighed the monetary loss from people like you. Why build your game to attract people who want to play less? No money in that.

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    I completely understand and believe that you feel that way, but I think you're in the minority there.
    You're mistaken, the grind was so bad in Legion it drove a huge amount of long time top tier guilds to flat out quit after Nighthold, just for starters. If you didn't feel the sudden shift you just weren't paying attention.

You're mistaken, the grind was so bad in Legion it drove a huge amount of long time top tier guilds to flat out quit after Nighthold, just for starters. If you didn't feel the sudden shift you just weren't paying attention.
    Is there one single shred of evidence that the legendary system resulted in less overall player hours for Legion rather than more? Because a few top .001% guilds making noise about the grind doesn't actually mean anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    It was also mentioned that the War Campaign is nowhere near the amount of content given from Suramar.
    Well the Suramar Campaign was extended through 7.1.0 with new content, and didn't culiminate until Nighthold opened. I don't think the War Campaign is going to end in 8.0; the war is a major focus of the expansion, after all, and will likely be the primary means through which additional Allied Races get introduced.

It's far too soon to start judging BfA's patch cycle, anyway, seeing as how we have no idea what they plan to do, beyond follow the Legion model and perhaps release 8.1 a bit later than they did 7.1.

At launch there will be all the usual stuff, plus island expeditions, the warfront activities alternating every week, and the new world PVP systems. No, we won't have three artifacts and a bunch of legendaries, but the expansion is also going to be more alt friendly as a result. With new Allied Races unlocking as we progress through the expansion, I'm sure they expect people to spend more time switching between leveling and gearing new alts in addition to gearing their mains.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2018-06-19 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    Is there one single shred of evidence that the legendary system resulted in less overall player hours for Legion rather than more? Because a few top .001% guilds making noise about the grind doesn't actually mean anything.
    HURRRRRRR LOOK AT ME ON A WOW FORUM BEING DELIBERATELY OBTUSE BECAUSE I CAN HURRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Award winning impression, right there.

If you require "evidence" you weren't paying attention and don't even know where to look so pointing things out to you is not worth the effort. Guilds were dropping like flies, I just gave an example. Goes without saying that most people who play this game have lives and can't afford to spend even more time than usual grinding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well the Suramar Campaign was extended through 7.1.0 with new content, and didn't culiminate until Nighthold opened. I don't think the War Campaign is going to end in 8.0; the war is a major focus of the expansion, after all, and will likely be the primary means through which additional Allied Races get introduced.
    There is absolutely no doubt that the War Campaign will be extended later, all of the main storyline quests (directly involving the war) are part of the War Campaign. It's a no brainer really.

The War Campaign ends where the current story in BFA ends, with the Siege of Boralus dungeon (Horde Side anyways). Which if you've been paying attention leads into the Queen Azshara raid that's coming out later.

Also did you just not pay attention @TheEaterofSouls to the war campaign itself? The Horde side campaign (for now) ends with Derek Proudmore becoming forsaken, and becoming their new fleet admiral...obviously that's going somewhere.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-06-19 at 07:35 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

It's far too soon to start judging BfA's patch cycle, anyway, seeing as how we have no idea what they plan to do, beyond follow the Legion model and perhaps release 8.1 a bit later than they did 7.1.

At launch there will be all the usual stuff, plus island expeditions, the warfront activities alternating every week, and the new world PVP systems. No, we won't have three artifacts and a bunch of legendaries, but the expansion is also going to be more alt friendly as a result. With new Allied Races unlocking as we progress through the expansion, I'm sure they expect people to spend more time switching between leveling and gearing new alts in addition to gearing their mains.
    Legion launch had two path of narrative content after you level your main - 1st was huge max level zone (Suramar), 2nd - class campaigns. With your main you experience only tiny fragment of class stuff (let's face it, about 60% of each campaign is busy work same for every class). To experience all you have to level and do some max level stuff on 12 characters.

Looks like in BfA this paths switched places. On your Horde main you'll be able to experience 50% of war campaign story, but instead of Suramar you have 3 new zones (and rest of war campaign quests) for Alliance character. So you need only 1 alt, but it have to be alt from faction that you can't support with your main or maybe haven't ever level (at least boost or Demon Hunter helps with this problem).

So both systems have pros and cons. Personally I prefer BfA system - but I have 6 classes on Horde and 6 on Alliance side, so it fits me perfectly.

Of course next expansion they should just make 4 levelling zones, 3 max level zones (as build ups for 2nd, 3rd and 4th raid) and ONE big campaign spread across whole expansion. This way most people will be able to experience whole narrative content and non of devs work would be wasted.

And honestly, I think stuff like Mage Tower is 100x better encouragement to play alt that any unique storyline. Blizz, next time (or hell, maybe even for 8.1/2) make 12 unique challenges, where at some point we have to use all specs (at different stages of challenge) with cool cosmetic class themed reward. No story and build up needed - challenge would be enough.