Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    inflation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Might also be because of the forced personal loot change, or how the azerite gear pieces will drop. How the loot systems works is not known yet.
    Im 100% sure not even Blizz knows how the loot system will work.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    LOL you are really underestimating players when you fuck with their chances to get gear. The majority of the players who dont keep up with this stuff will be fucking living when they go to get their seals and find out they been nerfed. Thats fucking with peoples gambling addiction . Your damn right its gonna cause a shit storm. You also fail to take into account the general feeling of negativity towards this expansion to start with and Blizzard just threw more fuel on that fire.
    *snip*

I think you're just over estimating the importance of bonus rolls. This may come as a surprise to you, but not all of us are loot/gambling addicts.

Seek a twelve-step program if this change upsets you that much. The only "shit storm" will be those immature types who come to a forum to rant about small changes fucking with their addictions. The game will be fine.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-06-19 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It will. Addons are already being written to track all loot that drops, and call out members to pass loot to the designated winners.
    That only works if the player in question has an item already that is equal too or higher than the one that dropped in that slot.

Deleted
    So everyone and there mothers are crying, because they never got a good item from coins. But now that they want to take 1/3 away its a big thing. Doesnt make sense at all.

Sometime i thing the WoW community just bitches about something because they like to bitch about something. Every change that comes is a hugh thing and will kill WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Not sure if clueless or lying. Legion gave the most seasons of any expac thus far. After Nighthold came out you get four seals a week on average. Emerald Nightmare cache and Nighthold cache. Then NH/Tomb. Then Tomb/Antorus. These pop up every 2 weeks. So 4 seals each. Not to mention the nether disruptor gave 3 free seals every now and then. Plus Timewalking weekly gave a seal as well. Legion gave too many seals.

Two seals a week is fine if cache seals+timewalking still exist. It will probably average to three seals a week still and that is MoP/WoD level.
    But all of those things share the SAME bonus rolls. Ok, breakdown time.

T14, which was Mogu'shan, Heart of Fear, Terrace, Galleon, and Sha of Anger used greater charms of good fortune. You could get 3 per week.

When T15, which was Throne of Thunder, Oondada, and Nalak came out you could get 3 mogu-runed (sp?) per week, and the ability to farm as many greater charms as you wanted was added.

When T16, SoO, Celestials, and Ordos were added you could get 3 warforged seals per week and the ability to farm as many mogu charms as you wanted was added.

See the difference now? In MoP the newest tier was admittedly more restrictive than in Legion, being hard locked at 3 per week, the older tiers were basically farm as much as you want once they were done? But in Legion? Want to try for that tier helm you never got from ToS? Guess you'll have to use one of the only existing seal for all of Legion content to try for it. Instead of being able to save them for Antorus and invasion point loot.

For Legion to be the same we'd have one coin we used for regular mythics, Broken Isles world bosses, EN, ToV, and NH that we could farm as much of as we wanted. Another seal for ToS and Broken Shore world bosses we could farm as much as we wanted. And the 3 per week coin from Antorus and invasion points.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more interested in what other means of getting bonus rolls we'll have in BfA. In Legion we can get at least one every week through Order Hall Missions, sometimes through the Timewalking weekly quest, rarely 3 from the Nether Disruptor in the Broken Shore and depending on your class 1 from your Order Hall almost for free. As long as we have alternative means of getting them I don't care if we can only buy 2, of all these means just walking up to a vendor and purchasing them is the most boring one. If they add more intersting ways to get alternative bonus rolls they can do away with the vendor in its entirety by me, but since I haven't seen anything about these extra BfA bonus rolls yet I'm a bit worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It will. Addons are already being written to track all loot that drops, and call out members to pass loot to the designated winners.
    Good luck passing your weapon or azerite armor to someone else when it cannot be traded at all even if higher ilvl is equipped on that slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Good luck passing your weapon or azerite armor to someone else when it cannot be traded at all even if higher ilvl is equipped on that slot.
    If you're experiencing this it is a bug.

Can't say the change overly bothers me having 1 less, the price for them is pretty insignificant [7k gold] and with inflation it'll be even more so.

Wouldn't be surprised to see we still get a seal for the raid cache from the latest installment of the garrison mission table.
    As well as another for time-walking
    Last edited by Yunaqt; 2018-06-19 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    *snip*

I think you're just over estimating the importance of bonus rolls. This may come as a surprise to you, but not all of us are loot/gambling addicts.

Seek a twelve-step program if this change upsets you that much. The only "shit storm" will be those immature types who come to a forum to rant about small changes fucking with their addictions. The game will be fine.
    The vast majority of the players these days are casual to super casual. You really dont think they are not goingto be pissed to find out there is a nerf to the bonus roll system? You really dont know the player base or you just want to come across as edgy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I'm more interested in what other means of getting bonus rolls we'll have in BfA. In Legion we can get at least one every week through Order Hall Missions, sometimes through the Timewalking weekly quest, rarely 3 from the Nether Disruptor in the Broken Shore and depending on your class 1 from your Order Hall almost for free. As long as we have alternative means of getting them I don't care if we can only buy 2, of all these means just walking up to a vendor and purchasing them is the most boring one. If they add more intersting ways to get alternative bonus rolls they can do away with the vendor in its entirety by me, but since I haven't seen anything about these extra BfA bonus rolls yet I'm a bit worried.
    It will depend. If they intent to slow down peoples progression then there may not be any other way to get them then through a vendor. They may add them later. But they still nerfed the cap from 6 to five. So no matter what you are still going to be short 1.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    It will depend. If they intent to slow down peoples progression then there may not be any other way to get them then through a vendor. They may add them later. But they still nerfed the cap from 6 to five. So no matter what you are still going to be short 1.
    Yeah, the cap nerf sucks, no two ways about it, but I'm not sure yet their intent is to slow down progression, it could just be that they want to redirect these to more involved content than buying of vendors. It'd help if they'd just drop a blue post explaining what they mean to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    That only works if the player in question has an item already that is equal too or higher than the one that dropped in that slot.
    Yeah it's not perfect... but that is what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Yeah, the cap nerf sucks, no two ways about it, but I'm not sure yet their intent is to slow down progression, it could just be that they want to redirect these to more involved content than buying of vendors. It'd help if they'd just drop a blue post explaining what they mean to do.
    They will do like they always do. either ignore it or say something with out really giving a explanation as to why

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Personal drops have been a part of the game for some time. Just like legendaries dropped but weren't tradable. They were extra chance rolls for individual loot and rolled individually even if Masterloot was in effect.

I like the change personally as Mythic raider. I'd prefer they remove bonus rolls completely or maybe remove raid missions you get every 2 weeks. With M+ and titanforging from heroic and all other sources of loots we just get loot too fast now. What ends up happening is we plateau really fast when it comes to our gear. So a few weeks into mythic progress your only upgrades are lucky TFs. This is not good because then World 100+ guilds get stuck on bosses for longer than they previously have because they can't overgear them, since the bosses were tuned for ilvl people have week 2-3 which is close to max outside of lucky TFs. So then either bosses need to be hotfix nerfed or guilds fall apart and raiders burn out.

I just think overall good gear acquisition rate is too fast in WoW now. All content should gradually get nerfed over time with people getting more gear, but it just doesn't happen anymore.

The vast majority of the players these days are casual to super casual. You really dont think they are not goingto be pissed to find out there is a nerf to the bonus roll system? You really dont know the player base or you just want to come across as edgy.
    No, I don't know the playerbase, and I don't care to. You're making assumptions that concern millions of people, and you have no data to back it up. A fool's errand, at best. Create a petition where the vast majority of the millions of people who play WoW agree with you, and then we can talk. Until then this is nothing more than a rant.

I play to entertain myself, not to concern myself with useless data about what other people like or don't like.

I'm not trying to be anything other than honest. Are you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    In MoP you could get three of the current tiers per week, hard cap of 10 iirc, but as many from older tiers as you wanted. So in say SoO while you only had 3 bonus rolls for the SoO, Ordos, and the Celestials you could get as many as you wanted for all the older content including the older world bosses.

WoD did the same thing but it only had two tiers of tokens.

Legion shares the same 3 tokens a week across the entire xpac and a lower hard cap of 6 which often got in the way.

And now in BFA we'll only have 2 per week and an even lower hard cap.

Also gotta remember the only reason we have a "hoarding problem" which led to the lower hard cap was because all tiers used the same token.
    yes but old raid stuff was more for completion or for those far behind, but yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    No, I don't know the playerbase, and I don't care to. You're making assumptions that concern millions of people, and you have no data to back it up. A fool's errand, at best. Create a petition where the vast majority of the millions of people who play WoW agree with you, and then we can talk. Until then this is nothing more than a rant.

I play to entertain myself, not to concern myself with useless data about what other people like or don't like.

I'm not trying to be anything other than honest. Are you?
    Then why bother posting here at all if you dont care?

BFA is really trying to slow down players.

I feel sorry for PVE players. RIP.