Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    They should have tuned him correctly from the beginning instead of those multiple nerfs (I mean all those nerfs should have been applied before players reached him). But i'm not surprised, blizzard never gets tuning right. That have been a case for whole wow life time.
    Not the sharpest tool on the shelf.

They are doing nerfs to let more people do him on purpose. They've always done this. In the forms of nerfs or buffing player power like valor. Argus was tuned correctly for months. They only nerfed him to intentionally let more people kill him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keyone01 View Post
    Or the scaling will be f*cked other way and ticks from soublight will oneshot people until fixed :P
    If it's anything like how SoO was, bosses will melt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Pretty disappointed in these nerfs.

If you haven't killed him by now, you don't deserve Cutting Edge.
    Whats the difference between this and passively nerfing the raid by allowing people to upgrade gear with valor points every week?

I am pretty much shocked with how little they have nerfed argus at this point. Sorry but it is both necessary and important. The guilds that are still working on argus need a little extra motivation to keep trying, small tweaks like these help.

Guilds that are farming argus still for mounts... this just makes it easier.

"Antorus, The Burning Throne
    Sargeras' Rage and Fear damage reduced by 15%.
    Argus' health reduced by 3% in Mythic Difficulty."

Was Blizz seriously reading this thread or something??

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post

Yes, in fact any time Blizzard ever does anything it's because somebody on this forum bitched about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Whats the difference between this and passively nerfing the raid by allowing people to upgrade gear with valor points every week?

I am pretty much shocked with how little they have nerfed argus at this point. Sorry but it is both necessary and important. The guilds that are still working on argus need a little extra motivation to keep trying, small tweaks like these help.

Guilds that are farming argus still for mounts... this just makes it easier.
    I never said valor points was a good system.

Some of us don't want to see cutting edge turned into a participation award. Nerf the fight all you want, after you remove the achievement.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Realfleks View Post
    argus with all current fixes/nerfs right from the get go would have been a 50-70 pull boss.
    Sound like a good number of tries for me.

Deleted
    Sound like a good number of tries for me.
    might be for a mid raid boss. I would be totally disappointed to kill final boss on mythic in two raid nights. Would feel like EN again.. 19 pulls.. wtf..

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    might be for a mid raid boss. I would be totally disappointed to kill final boss on mythic in two raid nights. Would feel like EN again.. 19 pulls.. wtf..
    But it will let you farm for a while till next raid. With just a single raid day a week. Get mounts for everyone, then sell them. Perfect.

Deleted
    But it will let you farm for a while till next raid. With just a single raid day a week. Get mounts for everyone, then sell them. Perfect.
    or you just kill it while its hard and do the exact same.

Quote Originally Posted by Realfleks View Post
    or you just kill it while its hard and do the exact same.
    Except you can't because initial tuning is aimed at guilds like Method. This is shit way to make content last longer.
    Encounters should be tuned around world 500-1000 guilds. That way shitheads like method can do it day one if they wish and be done, while it will still take weeks/months for average guild to progress and leaving them plenty of time when they done for farming mounts/gear/etc till next raid.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2018-06-20 at 12:28 AM.

Except you can't because initial tuning is aimed at guilds like Method. This is shit way to make content last longer.
    Encounters should be tuned around world 500-1000 guilds. That way shitheads like method can do it day one if they wish and be done, while it will take weeks/months for rest of players.
    Yeah because you'll reach the end boss as early as Method does

By the time someone who cannot kill the day one version of the boss reaches Argus,it'll have been nerfed already,including "gear nerf"

Deleted
    Encounters should be tuned around world 500-1000 guilds. That way shitheads like method can do it day one if they wish and be done, while it will still take weeks/months for average build and leaving plenty of time after progress for farming mounts/gear/etc till next raid.
    you have a lot more gear than topguilds when you reach the boss.
    argus was tuned around 960~ before nerfs so its quite doable with 970+,the chainfix and a 5% hp nerf (all around for months)

tuning was more than fine in legion besides some questionable encounters (2heal augur says hi) and everything that was too hard for the core mythicaudience was nerfed in time (helya,augur,avatar,aggramar argus etc)
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2018-06-20 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by puenxox View Post
    According to WCL.

Kills comparison.

Mythic Archimonde before pre-patch: 102217
    Mythic Argus:50845

Wowprogress:

Mythic Archimonde: 2850 (5.26%)
    Mythic Argus: 1191 (2.77%)
    Heroic Garrosh Hellscream: 3193 (6.92%)

Stop telling me to kill it in pre-patch. There is no cutting-edge achievement in pre-patch.

It shows something fundamentally wrong here. The raid is becoming harder and harder. There is no point for a normal guild to survive. I've seen people resigned and divorced to progress. It would be normal in the future if you want a guarantee kill.

Normal guilds are generally lazy. That is why mythic lockout should be removed. Leave a choice for those who want a kill but dont want to divorce please.

MYTHIC ARGUS NEEDS A NERF AND MYTHIC LOCKOUT SHOULD BE REMOVED IN BFA. IT MUST BE PUGABLE IN THE FUTURE.
    Probably should just get better. We've had Mythic Argus down for 4 months now. Everyone has the mount, and we've been selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post

It's more of a "last chance sale" of cutting edge, pre patch is already on the PTR and will be here within few weeks. It wasn't "desperately needed" (as in the title of this thread) however it's a nice gesture from Blizzard for the guilds that are nearly there, but not there yet.

It's not gonna make it a pug loot pinata what OP of this thread wished.

It helps guilds do the last push though.

At the time of me writing this we had over 1200 guilds kill it, so it's already much better than KJ even after all his nerfs.

The raid is already perfectly puggable in 2,5 hours. This nerf doesnt make sense.

Deleted
    Well, this boss was not that hard, 350 pulls is somewhat decent and we could still farm the mounts.. they would loose alot of raiding community because alot of people would stop playing because that was the end goal. It is not alot compared to casuals but still sth. And hc should be one shot if mythic was 70 pulls only. We stopped doing hc in like 2months, I cherry pick bosses I need. It would be boring from day 1 if it was so trivial.

I killed in back in March - so before this nerf and the small HP nerf a while back, can't remember if there were nerfs before then - and I'm fine with the current design of starting out harder and nerfing later. If you get there early, you get more of a challenge. If you get there later, you get some help so it's not a brick wall that makes you quit. Fine by me. Plus as a bonus, now our alts can kill it for extra mounts. It does kinda suck for the guilds that had extremely low wipes pre nerf and would have gotten it in another week or two, but that will happen to someone no matter when they time the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Pretty disappointed in these nerfs.

If you haven't killed him by now, you don't deserve Cutting Edge.
    Oh sheet thanks for the comment! I won't even try now. Phew, you just saved me a lot of time!...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The raid is already perfectly puggable in 2,5 hours. This nerf doesnt make sense.
    You have some weird definition of PuGs. Does it happen to include 19 top players, 11/11M, 975+ and a single mount buyer? Because a typical PuG would never get past Aggramar, especially not in 2 hours.

E: Hell, a "typical PuG" wouldn't even have the shortcut to Immonar, nevermind the second portal. So that's 11 bosses "pugged" in 2,5 hours. Sounds very reasonable.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2018-06-20 at 10:34 AM.