Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Have they said if they will remove the Nethershard cost?
    Not that iam aware of but they aint that hard to farm especially if you do the quest that gives you keys to farm up shards every 2 days plus you have invasions etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehat View Post
    2 weeks is fine by me i have my alts all primed i just need more practise thats all
    From my experience, every following character becomes easier due to previous experience with the encounter. Of course, you have character specific mechanics, but beside of that, you will already have the feeling for timings etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am down to 6 left: Subtlety, Balance, Survival, Shadow, Fury, Protection Warrior. Spending time on sub, balance, and fury in lfrs and WQs a lot this past week has gotten me much more comfortable with them...so I'm feeling confident. I played shadow a bunch back in nighthold so I feel good on that toon too. I think prot may give me some trouble though. Despite having 7 legendaries on the warrior I have 0 spec specific ones. All 7 are generic. Argus ring, pydaz, sephuz, bladestorm helm, bunny hop shoulders, move speed boots, execute ring. The talent ring and rage heal bracers would complete the freakin set.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    I am down to 6 left: Subtlety, Balance, Survival, Shadow, Fury, Protection Warrior. Spending time on sub, balance, and fury in lfrs and WQs a lot this past week has gotten me much more comfortable with them...so I'm feeling confident. I played shadow a bunch back in nighthold so I feel good on that toon too. I think prot may give me some trouble though. Despite having 7 legendaries on the warrior I have 0 spec specific ones. All 7 are generic. Argus ring, pydaz, sephuz, bladestorm helm, bunny hop shoulders, move speed boots, execute ring. The talent ring and rage heal bracers would complete the freakin set.
    I would use the shoulders and sephuz, shoot for the 2-piece bonus on the tier set and just go max DPS mode. I ended up killing it with that combo, maybe swap out shoulders for prydaz if you find yourself not needing the extra movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I did it with the shoulders and prydaz. It takes a bit to learn the rhythm of the encounter (Prot is the only one were I felt I had to focus on actually tanking). Subtlety . . . good luck.
    I second both of these sentiments. It's really easy to be 1shot in P1 as a Warrior so you want to get thru it as quickly as possible, and spam Ignore Pain as much as you possibly can so you don't just BAM DEAD from a Mind Rend. 2P helps speed it up immensely as you'll knock him down to 50-60% in your opening salvo. In Phase2 your burn combo should be up again at some point and you can Reflect the Leech spell onto yourself, which helps the puddle damage. Leap shoulders are great in P2, if you feel threatened or don't know exactly what to do for an Annihilate, you can leap to an Orb.

As for Sub well..... I literally have 2 uncollected Legendaries and one is the cloak, so I'm doing one last Essence push (I'm sure the bought one will be the Class ring, but funnelling every available rep token for paragons, daily Heroic, as well as LFR clearing, M+ chest, Argus Invasions lesser and greater, etc etc should net me the last Legendary in time. I'll never use the horrid skin anyways but at this point it's a matter of pride for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I'll never use the horrid skin anyways but at this point it's a matter of pride for me.
    Hehe, amen to that. It's definitely one of those skins I won't use ever. There are a few of those really, although I must admit some appearances where better than I thought they would be, once I actually got to wield those appearances. Arms/Fury warrior and Destro lock come to mind. The ones I really don't like are Subs, Survival Hunter. Fire Mage (t1&t2 base), MW Monk, Ele Shaman (H), Balance Druid (BoP), MM hunter (BoP) and HPriest (BoP) were also a bit underwhelming, though I must admit some of them had quite good (aka better) base/ hidden / Balance of power skin skewing the results a bit (prefered ones in ()). Ele was a bit disappointing once I actually got it.

My ratings:
    A+ Tier - Veng DH, Guardian, Prot Warrior, Aff lock, Rdruid, Outlaw, Frost Mage, BM
    A Tier - All DK ones, Destro lock, Enh Shaman, Fury, HPala, WW, BrM
    B Tier - Prot Pala, Demo lock, Feral, RShaman, Arms, Assassination, Disc, Shadow, Retri, Arcane, Havoc
    C Tier - Fire Mage, Balance, Ele, HPriest, MM
    D Tier - Sub, Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    Hehe, amen to that. It's definitely one of those skins I won't use ever. There are a few of those really, although I must admit some appearances where better than I thought they would be, once I actually got to wield those appearances. Arms/Fury warrior and Destro lock come to mind. The ones I really don't like are Subs, Survival Hunter. Fire Mage (t1&t2 base), MW Monk, Ele Shaman (H), Balance Druid (BoP), MM hunter (BoP) and HPriest (BoP) were also a bit underwhelming, though I must admit some of them had quite good (aka better) base/ hidden / Balance of power skin skewing the results a bit (prefered ones in ()). Ele was a bit disappointing once I actually got it.

My ratings:
    A+ Tier - Veng DH, Guardian, Prot Warrior, Aff lock, Rdruid, Outlaw, Frost Mage, BM
    B Tier - Prot Pala, Demo lock, Feral, RShaman, Arms, Assassination, Disc, Shadow, Retri, Arcane, Havoc
    D Tier - Sub, Survival
    The only ones I'm not actively mogging out of the 30 I have done are:

BrM (actually the first PvP skin for BrM I think is awesome but I don't have it yet. Should get it in prepatch I think when new Honor system happens?)
    Unholy - the green tint (Heroic Kiljaden?) looks great, I don't have it. There's basically no Plate that goes with the default bright glowy red. That color doesn't say "Unholy" to me anyways. I'm using the 200WQs skin of the Hook.
    Prot Warrior - using the flail, not the shield (though TBH I'm not a huge fan of the bone flail on my Night Elf guy, but this took me so much effort... I see myself going back to my old mog at some point once I start to forget my 100+ bad dates with Kruul and his Inquisitor wingman)
    Retribution - meh, Ashbringer does nothing for me and this cracked one isn't better. I use a Singing Crystal Axe mog.
    Elemental - I never play this spec anyways, but I'm mogged into the 200WQ hidden skin (fire troll skin). This Tower skin is seriously underwhelming IMO.

My faves are, in no order, Prot Paladin, both DHs, Resto druid, Windwalker (way better than still pics make it look).

My ratings:
    D Tier - Sub, Survival
    From all the 36/36 mage tower skins I've unlocked, the only ones I use atm are unholy dk, havoc dh, feral druid, boomkin, outlaw rogue, ww monk, disc priest, frost & arcane mage (and arcane only because I actually have orange-yellowish transmog and it matches a lot). Outlaw already starting to irritate me because it pokes through my flying mount and looks creepy. I would be wearing demo lock too if I actually bothered to get the 10 dungeon recolour to match my fel green mog, however I won't play demo until pre-patch (let's hope they actually are gonna balance it on beta instead of first making it OP and then nerfing to the ground). Affliction unfortunately has a green recolour more like pine-green not fel-green shade, so even though I like the shape of it, colour doesn't match to mog.

EDIT: Yeah I know tastes are different, but I wonder how did you rate resto druid so high, while feral fairly low. For me resto druid, destro lock and fury warrior from your list are one of the more plain ones, I'd use original hidden appearance over these any day. But feral glowy cat, it's amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

There's basically no Plate that goes with the default bright glowy red.
    I have a red dk mog so the mage tower unholy and the frost hidden with red recolour match perfectly. Just blood I have transmogged to some pvp weapon from the past because I don't like axes so much.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-06-20 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    From all the 36/36 mage tower skins I've unlocked, the only ones I use atm are unholy dk, havoc dh, feral druid, boomkin, outlaw rogue, ww monk, disc priest, frost & arcane mage (and arcane only because I actually have orange-yellowish transmog and it matches a lot). Outlaw already starting to irritate me because it pokes through my flying mount and looks creepy. I would be wearing demo lock too if I actually bothered to get the 10 dungeon recolour to match my fel green mog, however I won't play demo until pre-patch (let's hope they actually are gonna balance it on beta instead of first making it OP and then nerfing to the ground). Affliction unfortunately has a green recolour more like pine-green not fel-green shade, so even though I like the shape of it, colour doesn't match to mog.

EDIT: Yeah I know tastes are different, but I wonder how did you rate resto druid so high, while feral fairly low. For me resto druid, destro lock and fury warrior from your list are one of the more plain ones, I'd use original hidden appearance over these any day. But feral glowy cat, it's amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a red dk mog so the mage tower unholy and the frost hidden with red recolour match perfectly. Just blood I have transmogged to some pvp weapon from the past because I don't like axes so much.
    Can ya link your red mog? I never was able to put one together that I liked.

Deleted
    It's taste really. The thing is while the Feral skin is pretty good looking, it doesn't scream Feral beast to me, which is the point for me. Destro and fury worked very well with my mog very well. Same for resto, the twiggy look (dungeon version) looks very well if you go for that style.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Horde PvP skins.
    Hah, doesn't help me. I actually _am_ using a PVP skin (Alliance) on my Unholy set though; I cant recall offhand which one but it's a bit fiery, and has some bolts/spike action going on the shoulders. I rather think it's inspired by Mistborne Inquisitors actually.

That said it's not a great match with the default skin. I really want the green tint for that unholy skin, there's a million good mogs to go with that.

Edit to say - the Naxx 25 armor looks good with this tint, but I'm using that for Blood atm, and I hate sharing mogs across specs

15+ Year Old Account
    I got 36/36 down a couple of weeks ago, it was honestly the only thing that kept me playing WoW.

I ran LFR a bunch so that I could outgear most of them, anything above 920-930 and MOST of the challenges straight up become a joke. ~930 and I one shot every single one of them except for prot/fury warrior and frostDK.

(With the exception of VengDH, Frost Mage, Mistweaver, Resto Druid that I did when the challenges first came out)

I got some of them highlighted on my twitch.
    Last edited by Vordie; 2018-06-21 at 02:01 PM.

It's taste really. The thing is while the Feral skin is pretty good looking, it doesn't scream Feral beast to me, which is the point for me. Destro and fury worked very well with my mog very well. Same for resto, the twiggy look (dungeon version) looks very well if you go for that style.
    I really love the glowing druid forms, so mage tower for feral and balance of power for bear. But yeah, tastes are different, I once read a guy saying he plays frost mage and hates frost artifact styles and wishes he could use arcane ones instead... while for me it's the opposite, I play arcane on my mage and I don't really like arcane ones that much, while the frost ones have at least 3 I like (hidden, mage tower and pvp).

But agreed, subtlety rogues don't have any good appearance, and mage tower is lots of work for mediocre mog. I lucked on the cloak though, and that was a gamechanger.

There are several of this type of legendaries and I'm glad we won't have those in BFA, the disparity between having x legendary and not is sometimes so big that it just feels unfair.

But agreed, subtlety rogues don't have any good appearance, and mage tower is lots of work for mediocre mog. I lucked on the cloak though, and that was a gamechanger.
    Speaking of different tastes... I quite like the Sub tower daggers. They have a fairly unique transparency effect that lets you see the fangs through the ice. I think it is only shared by one of the Frost DK skins. Some of the alternative colors are also very unique.

My least favorite are probably:

- Holy Pally - it looks like two half-chewed chunks of hard candy; not really what you'd have in mind when you think kids will be drooling over your unobtainable transmogs.
    - Discipline Priest - maybe it's not so bad on other characters, but my male blood elf looks like a Jesus wannabe carrying a cross of bling; one of the few I had to change back to another skin even though I wasn't even playing the spec :P
    - Balance Druid - nice design, but poorly chosen colors on the entire row.
    - Resto Shaman - too chunky, again with the hard candy look (this time luckily not chewed), and the alternative colors are puzzling.

You can also put Windwalker Monk, Fury Warrior and Frost DK on the "Meh" pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Speaking of different tastes... I quite like the Sub tower daggers. They have a fairly unique transparency effect that lets you see the fangs through the ice. I think it is only shared by one of the Frost DK skins. Some of the alternative colors are also very unique.

- Holy Pally - it looks like two half-chewed chunks of hard candy; not really what you'd have in mind when you think kids will be drooling over your unobtainable transmogs.
    - Discipline Priest - maybe it's not so bad on other characters, but my male blood elf looks like a Jesus wannabe carrying a cross of bling; one of the few I had to change back to another skin even though I wasn't even playing the spec :P
    - Resto Shaman - too chunky, again with the hard candy look (this time luckily not chewed), and the alternative colors are puzzling.

For Sub, I think the best is the hidden one, because it's more fancy and different than "the same fang just covered with ice / corruption / goo".

Holy Pally / Resto Shaman I agree.

Disc I actually like the raven wings, but I think I need to get the 10 dungeon white recolour to match to my transmog (I'm using the MOP pvp set with white wings). The class campaign one with "stained glass" effect looks good too, but since I changed my priest to void elf (female) it started suffering from small weapon syndrome.

Balance druid I used to think why even do mage tower, you can get glowy one from hidden appearance in DHT, but since I use glyph of stars, anything reddish looks silly mixed with blue overlay (black fire), and the mage tower blue / green tint actually meshes well with the glyph effect.

WW monk all artifact looks are meh, but the ghostly xuen head popping out on mage tower one is the most interesting of them all, imo.

Fury Warrior / Frost DK I agree. Frost DK was supposedly some blade that traps souls, but looks more like a lava lamp.

Prot warrior flail is unique, but the shield looks like a boar head skull, it was supposed to be some demon I think, but I can't remember any boar shaped demon heads.

For Sub, I think the best is the hidden one, because it's more fancy and different than "the same fang just covered with ice / corruption / goo".

Holy Pally / Resto Shaman I agree.

Disc I actually like the raven wings, but I think I need to get the 10 dungeon white recolour to match to my transmog (I'm using the MOP pvp set with white wings). The class campaign one with "stained glass" effect looks good too, but since I changed my priest to void elf (female) it started suffering from small weapon syndrome.

Balance druid I used to think why even do mage tower, you can get glowy one from hidden appearance in DHT, but since I use glyph of stars, anything reddish looks silly mixed with blue overlay (black fire), and the mage tower blue / green tint actually meshes well with the glyph effect.

WW monk all artifact looks are meh, but the ghostly xuen head popping out on mage tower one is the most interesting of them all, imo.

Fury Warrior / Frost DK I agree. Frost DK was supposedly some blade that traps souls, but looks more like a lava lamp.

Prot warrior flail is unique, but the shield looks like a boar head skull, it was supposed to be some demon I think, but I can't remember any boar shaped demon heads.
    I think the main issue I have with the Disc staff stems from the exaggerated size of male belf weapons. It's not that it's ugly, it's just disproportionate the way I get to try it out. I probably shouldn't have put it on the list, but the stained glass and a couple others are just so nice in comparison...

For WW, I play a male Pandaren, so that might play into it too. I like the PvP skin, but mostly I just don't play WW. Speaking of Monks, their other artifacts are generally really nice, so much so they kind of outshine the challenge skins, but somehow they're both unique enough to be worth having.

Frost DK maybe wouldn't be bad, but it's competing with baseline artifacts that look like Frostmourne, so it doesn't really feel like an upgrade. I think if Demon Hunters could use that skin, it would fit somewhat better. At least the hipster ones who don't want to use glaives.

I like the Prot shield (both of them, actually). Sure, I can't really tell where the nose and the eyes are, but it vaguely resembles the skull of an alien queen and that makes it awesome:

The flails are overblown, though. Maybe it's just my low settings, but they don't move naturally at all, it looks like they only move up and down in game, and the chain part is rigid. Looks like you're fighting with a loose stapler.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post

Interesting about Sub - I've never actually seen them in action. But I did get the god-pounding Cloak last night finally (last Essence grind, 2nd to last Legendary for the spec - never got class ring shockingly), so maybe I'll be able to see for myself.

Edit - the Holy Pally 10 RBG skin is freaking amazing, but I'll definitely never get that one, which definitely demotivates me from doing that tower. Druid was the one healer I really wanted, and I have it. For Resto Shaman, IMO the first PVP skin is absolutely amazing, miles ahead of the Mage Tower or Hidden ones. But it's fun to see the different opinions on these!
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2018-06-22 at 01:23 PM.

Finaly got mistweaver after about 20 attempts. the hard part was the last to waves in phase one, but after figuring out what cd's to use, it was easy peasy. by far the easiest healer spec of the 4 i have completed to far, to deal with the adds in the 2.nd to last phase.

i ruined a few attempts in the final phase, simply because i'm an idiot.

now, i just need holy priest. the one spec i have never touched. i'm in for a headache and a half i assume. i don't really care for the look of the skin, but i would be annoyed ending the magetower at 35/36, and not spending those extra hours trying to get that last one.

Some of the appearences are amazing, other look like utter... well, you know..

Amazing skins:

Frost DK
    Feral Druid
    Guardian Druid
    Prot Paladin
    Assasination Rogue
    Outlaw Rogue
    Elemental Shaman
    Prot Warrior

Nice skins:
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Resto Druid
    Frost Mage
    Resto Shaman
    Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest
    Affliction Warlock

okayish skins:

Unholy DK
    Balance Druid
    Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Marksmanship Hunter
    Survival Hunter
    Brewmaster Monk
    Ret Paladin
    Shadow Priest
    Enhancement Shaman
    Demonology Warlock
    Destruction Warlock
    Arms Warrior

Horrible Skins (The artists of these should feel terrible)

Blood DK
    BM Hunter
    Arcane Mage
    Fire Mage
    Mistweaver Monk
    Windwalker Monk
    Holy Priest
    Sub Rogue
    Fury Warrior
    Last edited by Garkanh; 2018-06-22 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    Finaly got mistweaver after about 20 attempts. the hard part was the last to waves in phase one, but after figuring out what cd's to use, it was easy peasy. by far the easiest healer spec of the 4 i have completed to far, to deal with the adds in the 2.nd to last phase.

i ruined a few attempts in the final phase, simply because i'm an idiot.

now, i just need holy priest. the one spec i have never touched. i'm in for a headache and a half i assume.
    Apotheosis is amazing on hpriest challenge, spam spells to reset your cds lets you burn/heal quickly.

Interesting about Sub - I've never actually seen them in action. But I did get the god-pounding Cloak last night finally (last Essence grind, 2nd to last Legendary for the spec - never got class ring shockingly), so maybe I'll be able to see for myself.

Edit - the Holy Pally 10 RBG skin is freaking amazing, but I'll definitely never get that one, which definitely demotivates me from doing that tower. Druid was the one healer I really wanted, and I have it. For Resto Shaman, IMO the first PVP skin is absolutely amazing, miles ahead of the Mage Tower or Hidden ones. But it's fun to see the different opinions on these!
    I think the problem with Sub is that it's not necessarily Rogue-ish, since a dagger encased in thick ice doesn't really scream "stabby weapon". The model, though, is very nice, and the dungeon and RBG colors are especially great. I hope they remove some of the restrictions in the future, because a select few skins would benefit greatly from being moggably by another class.

To switch things around a bit, here are the skins that I would consider "must haves" if you still have the time to get them:

- Feral and Guardian Druid, of course, because there are so few alternative forms out there.
    - Havoc Demon Hunter, since the fel fire glaives (ToS HC variant) are very iconic for the class, and also the new weapons used by Illidan (which basically makes them updated Warglaives of Azzinoth in my view).
    - Marksmanship and Survival Hunter, because they are basically the updated forms of Rhok'delar.
    - Affliction and Demonolgy Warlock, because they are very unique and flashy-looking.
    - Outlaw Rogue, because they look like fencing blades and stand out from all the chunky swords in WoW.

Honorable mentions are Ret Paladin, very good looking version of the Ashbringer for a fairly easy scenario, Arms Warrior, in case they ever add playable Mogu, and Arcane Mage if you want to have a chronomancer mog. The flails too, but I'm pretty sure Blizzard will add more flails.