Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    The posters on the right on this forum have become so batshit insane that I'm finding myself agreeing with Sarahtasher.

There's projecting strength and then there's acting like an actual, legitimate, sociopathic dictator imprisoning people and stealing children from parents.

What the fuck will it ever take for some of you to ever turn against your beloved emperor? How about when inevitably some of these children start to die? How about then? No?

Then what?
    What? Obama and Clinton both deported illegals and helped create of some of those detention centers.

Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    What? Obama and Clinton both deported illegals and were the creators of some of those detention centers.
    Yup everything is Obama and Clinton's fault.

Obama and Clinton weren't locking up hundreds of fucking BABIES AND TODDLERS.

Piss off with your false equivalencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sad. Build that wall, so they cannot so easily come across our borders.
    Ya build that wall, That will stop boats and planes from bringing people over that stay on expired visa's.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Yup everything is Obama and Clinton's fault.

Obama and Clinton weren't locking up hundreds of fucking BABIES AND TODDLERS.

Piss off with your false equivalencies.
    Lol...yes, they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Let's not worry about all the other systems that keep the illegals coming or the culpable american companies at all, let's just blame the illegals solely.
    It's not an either or situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya build that wall, That will stop boats and planes from bringing people over that stay on expired visa's.

At least if they got visas they were vetted to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    No, most states now only require proof of residence, and the proofs of residency don't require proof of citizenship.
    I live in NJ and to get a license you need 6 points which include:

There are four requirements for 6 Point ID Verification:
    At least one Primary ID
    At least one Secondary ID
    Verifiable Social Security Number
    Proof of Address

You must select whether you are or aren't a citizen

Primary ID
    You must show at least ONE of the following documents. Select your document(s) by checking the appropriate box to the left. When finished, press "Next" to continue.

4 Point Documents:
    Civil birth certificate* or certified copy from one of the 50 states, District of Columbia, the U.S. Territories of American Samoa, Guam, Puerto U.S. Virgin Islands. Photocopies or certificates from hospitals or religious entities are not accepted. Get information for Jersey City/Hudson County, or Puerto Rico birth certificate requirements
    *Please read IMPORTANT INFORMATION below.

US Department of State birth certificate
    (Form FS-545, FS 240 or DS-1350)

US passport, current or expired less than 3 years, or current US passport card

Current NJ digital driver license

Current NJ digital non-driver ID card

Current NJ digital boat license

Valid active duty US military photo ID card

US adoption papers

Certificate of naturalization
    (Form N-550, N-570 or N-578)

Certificate of citizenship
    (Form N-560, N-561 or N-645)

You must show at least ONE of the following documents. Select your document(s) by checking the appropriate box to the left. When finished, press "Next" to continue.

3 Point Documents:
    Civil marriage, domestic partnership or civil union certificate issued by the municipality or state in which the ceremony occurred. Please note: Photo copies are not acceptable. Certificates issued by religious entities are not acceptable.

Order or decree of divorce, dissolution or termination*

Court order for a legal name change, signed by a
    judge or court clerk

Current US military dependant card

US military photo retiree card

Valid NJ firearm purchaser card

2-Point Document:
    US school photo ID card with transcript or school records

US college photo ID card with transcript

Valid federal, state or local government employee driver license

Valid federal, state or local government employee photo ID card

US military discharge papers (DD214)

FAA pilot license

1-Point Documents:
    (You cannot use more than TWO of these)
    Current/expired less than one year non-digital NJ PHOTO driver license

Current PHOTO driver license from any other U.S. state, the District of Columbia or the U.S. Territories of American Samoa and Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands

Social Security card

Bank statement or record

ATM card with preprinted name and applicant’s
    signature. (Please note: An ATM card and bank
    statement cannot be submitted together.)

Current health insurance card, prescription card OR Employee ID card with printed pay stub

State professional license

NJ public assistance card with photo (also known as a NJ Social Services ID card)

High school diploma, GED or college diploma

Property tax statement, bill or receipt issued by
    a New Jersey municipality

For NJ high school students: a waiver certificate
    for the written portion of the driver's test

Veterans Affairs universal access photo ID card
    Proof of address
    You must also present proof of address, which may be, but is not limited to, ONE of these:

Utility or credit card bill issued in the past 90 days
    that shows your name at your current address.
    Note: Mail addressed to P.O. boxes not accepted
    as proof of address (39:3-9a)

Checking or savings account statement from a bank or credit union, issued in the past 60 days

High school or college report card or transcript containing your address, issued within the past two years

Original lease or rental agreement showing your name as the lessee or renter

Property tax bill, statement or receipt from the past year

Any letter or correspondence (including tax bills) received from the IRS or state tax office in the last year

First-class mail received from any federal, state or local government agency in the past six months

If you are under 18, then we will accept a Parent or Guardian Certification that verifies you are living with a parent or guardian

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Now if only they would use that same logic for their employers to prevent them from creating the demand the illegals come to fill to begin with.
    But those beautiful and generous business owners dinnt do nuffin!

Am I doing it right?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    But those beautiful and generous business owners dinnt do nuffin!

Am I doing it right?
    Yep, sounds about right.

If immigrants come for the jobs, they are evil. If the poor or middle class fight for living wages or strong unions or anything for themselves, they are lazy and engaging in class warfare.

But if a company exploits illegals for cheap labor below what they could legally get and uses them to lower the wages, benefits, unions, and other worker protections across the board that is just wholesome, all american, good business sense. Same as when they or their owners lobby to make sure they pay insanely low tax rates proportionally lower than their workers while taking him the lions share of the profits.

But heaven forbid the poor and working class try to protect medicare, medicaid, social security, food stamps or any of that stuff. Only moocher need that, even if they are working full time jobs but the employers are legally allowed to pay below living wages, that automatically makes that worker a lazy mooch.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Apparently, geography isn't a strong suit.

The Wall simply CANNOT run from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico. Why?

Well, there's this little thing that runs along the Texas border with Mexico called the Rio Grande.

Now, the border technically runs down the middle of the river. It becomes very technical when the river changes a bit WHERE in the river the border is, but essentially Mexico and the US jointly own the river.

So... there's no way in hell Mexico would put the border wall up on their side and lose access to the water.

And... there's now way in hell the wall will be built on the US side so that American farmers/ranchers lose access to the water.

So... even if a wall was put up from CA to NM, there will always be a river that runs the entire southwestern length of Texas where the sole border is? A river.

No wall...nothing. Just a river.

And it will always be that way.

Moreover, where the are walls...there are tunnels...and ladders...and ways to cut through (even concrete). The border is way, way, way too long to constantly monitor.

Maybe if we stopped disrupting Central American governments that continue to allow murderous regimes and/or corrupt government to rise, the people would remain in their home countries and not make the very arduous journey to America that so many don't want.

I dunno why we even have the Statue of Liberty, anymore.

New Colossus aka the statue of liberty poem

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    “Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
    With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

I know I'm older, I visited the Statue of Liberty as a young person and took my children there when they were young.

I'm a vet who joined solely to serve and do my duty as a multi-generation military family member. Grandfather, dad, two uncles and several cousins all served.

I don't recognize this nationalism.

When Ronald Reagan and George Bush debated in 1980 prior to the convention, both spoke about how important it was to respect the dignity of human life and the struggles of the refugee and immigrant.

I was a Republican then (well, young Republican, but still) and it never ocurred to me to demonize, demean or make less human those who sought to come to the best place on earth.

Nope, I don't recognize any of this. I remember all of us, from every part of this great nation being PROUD that we were THE GREAT AMERICAN MELTING POT. We not only were the grand experiment, but the great success, not only of real democracy, but we could embrace peoples from anywhere...THAT'S how great we were. That's what gave us the moral standing to call out other nations.

It surely wasn't perfect, but the goal was always to be better, to get better, to more and more every day be a nation that truly lived up to our lofty ideals.

I'll close with a few Ronald Reagan quotes:

"America is a shining city upon a hill whose beacon light guides freedom-loving people everywhere."

and from Reagan's farewell address: "I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still."

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Flipping a burger is a hell of a lot easier on your body than picking stuff in an unclimate controled warehouse. Or hauling a 30lb thing of shingles of a ladder for 8 - 10 hrs a day. Burger flipping should only be part time for teens...key word should.
    "My work is physically demanding therefore you don't deserve a livable wage"

That's actually pretty amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    This is what the dems want. These poor people living in slums and slaving away for those evil farmers.
    Slums to us lol.

Yep, sounds about right.

If immigrants come for the jobs, they are evil. If the poor or middle class fight for living wages or strong unions or anything for themselves, they are lazy and engaging in class warfare.

But if a company exploits illegals for cheap labor below what they could legally get and uses them to lower the wages, benefits, unions, and other worker protections across the board that is just wholesome, all american, good business sense. Same as when they or their owners lobby to make sure they pay insanely low tax rates proportionally lower than their workers while taking him the lions share of the profits.

But heaven forbid the poor and working class try to protect medicare, medicaid, social security, food stamps or any of that stuff. Only moocher need that, even if they are working full time jobs but the employers are legally allowed to pay below living wages, that automatically makes that worker a lazy mooch.
    Don't forget those migrants from a dangerous religion (''catholic'' must sounds dangerously muslim for Hysterical-Vermin-In-Chief Jones and half of the bible thumpers in the US are likely thinking that ''Khristian'' is a ''Kode Word for whites'') that, at the same time, take STEM jobs, take low level jobs and ''mooch on welfare''.

but the fact remains, they have looked into illegal voting and basically found it to be virtually non-existent.
    Seeing as how there is no way of telling who voted, let alone whether they were legal or not, it's anyone's guess. All I know for sure is that proof of citizenship is not required to vote in 40+ states and a judge in Kansas just prevented them from requiring proof of citizenship to vote so the very fabric of American democracy is under assault. The system has been primed for collapse.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Seeing as how there is no way of telling who voted, let alone whether they were legal or not, it's anyone's guess. All I know for sure is that proof of citizenship is not required to vote in 40+ states and a judge in Kansas just prevented them from requiring proof of citizenship to vote so the very fabric of American democracy is under assault. The system has been primed for collapse.
    They can check pretty decent at it as they can just look for who voted twice to see if any voted under an assumed name and they kinda have to be a US citizen to register to vote if they don't want to get caught.

For someone to illegally vote and not have a strong chance of getting caught, it would require them to find someone else registered to vote and not voting and then impersonating them. As you can't vote twice and you can't vote if you aren't registered in that district.

And I do agree that our system has major issues, but illegals voting isn't one of them. Our system has issues with Gerrymandering and our first past the post system collectively shutting out 3rd parties and disenfranchising voters along lobbiest and donors having too much power in the system where it should be the voters that matter.

But illegals aren't an issue and ID Laws are a solution to a problem that doesn't exist and actually creates more problems in the process with how easily it can and has been proven to be abused.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

yeah build that wall so when you go bankruptas a country we can see safetly you on the US hunger games on the other side

10+ Year Old Account
    First, I find the idea of calling a subgroup of people "illegals" incredibly degrading.

Second, perhaps there's a reason why so many people flee Mexico. It's a mess, Drug cartels own the government through and through.

These people need refuge and we (North America, IE Canada and US) refuse to grant them that refuge for whatever reason.

What's going on right now in the US is shameful. Yes, illegal immigration is an issue. No, rounding them up the way they're doing right now is not the answer.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    First, I find the idea of calling a subgroup of people "illegals" incredibly degrading.

Second, perhaps there's a reason why so many people flee Mexico. It's a mess, Drug cartels own the government through and through.

These people need refuge and we (North America, IE Canada and US) refuse to grant them that refuge for whatever reason.

What's going on right now in the US is shameful. Yes, illegal immigration is an issue. No, rounding them up the way they're doing right now is not the answer.
    mostly the analfabetism and the lack of good(normal) paying jobs
    most the mexican who goes to the US only think on send that money to their families on México, so to sen the highest amount possible they live in that kind of conditions to save some money and its easier to them to handle the cops; but they doesnt take in count the amount of money they need to spend to live there and the risk of it

my country is not the best but still a good place to live

Seeing as how all it takes to register to vote in most states is a driver's license and getting a driver's license doesn't require proof of citizenship, it is easy to deduce why a political party would be in favor of a lax immigration policy
    Especially when these groups are having tons of kids, so if you can win over their parents their 20 kids will probably vote for you too when the time comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    They're illegals. They're breaking the law. I'm not using the PC term undocumented. We can't help everyone. We need to take care of ourselves before we take care of others. There are...believe it or not. legal ways to get in the USA. They choose the illegal way.
    I'm not PC. But to call them illegals is the first step in dehumanizing a group. It is "Us" versus "Them". They're human beings and most of them lack the required education to even know where to go to apply for a US visa. Again, not saying that illegal immigration isn't an issue - but we cannot possibly find a good solution if we act as if they were just an annoying group of mayflies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cucultlan View Post
    mostly the analfabetism and the lack of good(normal) paying jobs
    most the mexican who goes to the US only think on send that money to their families on México, so to sen the highest amount possible they live in that kind of conditions to save some money and its easier to them to handle the cops; but they doesnt take in count the amount of money they need to spend to live there and the risk of it

my country is not the best but still a good place to live
    I suspect that a good bunch of people moving borders are people who wish something better for their families or for themselves. I never lived in Mexico - in fact I am incredibly lucky to live in Canada. But I still know that Mexico is not necessarily the best place - or the safest - if you want to achieve more than average.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    What a giant mess.
    After so many years of doing almost nothing to tackle illegal immigration they need to work overtime now to even make a dent in the problem.