Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    you can't go back and redo the challenge for fun.
    And isn't that a shame.

Repeatable content vs One time scenario.

I'm not sure why I have to keep repeating this.
    Because I was responding to multiple people and wanted clarification. I've been in too many discussions that went on for pages because people were arguing two very different things.

That doesn't mean Blizzard should cater the game around the few oddballs who wouldn't charge right into the new expansion.
    What defines an "oddball"? For me, it's people who like fishing or pet battles. That's bizarro land as far as I'm concerned. And yet Blizzard "caters" to them by continuing to create and release new content.

WoW is a pretty diverse game that allows and provides for MANY different playstyles. FFS, they spend time going back to make sure old raids can be solo'd because they know people still enjoy that content. I don't understand why it's such a strange concept to think that they might also give Challenges the same treatment if there was enough interest(which there very clearly is, since these types of threads pop up literally every expansion).

Oh well, like I said before, it's not like either one of us is going to convince the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Go look at SirCowdog's signature, while I might not agree with all his defenses about mage tower should stay and be upscaled even if it eats dev's resources (I believe devs should spend time primarily on new content, so we get more content, and less revamps and recycled old stuff), he made a very useful and informative thread about how to speed up levelling allied races (and alts of all kinds), mostly for the downtime bracket that is 60-80 (but good tips for the rest too).

Yes, it might take few days of casual play to get alt to max, but outside of old RAF / xp pots it wasn't doable in mere hours before 7.3.5 anyway. XP pots didn't get introduced until MOP, and weren't widespread until WOD. RAF was meant to recruit extra people into wow rather than cheese levelling extra alts. So neither of those should be taken as granted.
    TL : DR version of the guide. My fastest run from 1-110 has been just over 30 hours /played over a period of a real time week. That's JUST leveling, and using the "Method-0" technique. This doesn't take into account any gearing or other activities at cap. The average player will spend closer to 40-50 hours leveling.

So anywhere between 30-50 hours JUST to level up(assuming you didn't buy a boost, and taking into account shorter leveling times for DKs and DHs) per character. Obviously, if you had other characters lying around half-leveled from previous alt attempts you could get it done faster. But I think with the advent of allied races, a lot more people will be playing more alts, very likely on different classes.

That's just one more reason to allow continued access to the CM appearances, but w/e.

No matter what they say, it would be pretty foolish to not go for it before the pre-patch. Even if it's not supposed to go away then, if it fucks up and does go away then they might not go through the trouble of fixing it.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Pre-patch will be cut off just like it was for Cmodes. Just too many class changes. Artifact traits disabled. So many changes to so many specs for some it may not even possible anymore. Blizzard just tends to cut it off at pre-patch for that reason.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    ... The Mage Tower represents the Mage Tower questlines and challenges... They're a spiced up Proving grounds for solo challenges.

Very much real, and very much a thing you either beat, or don't.
    Such challenge that I went in on my mage and bursted it down in an instant. Such challenge that I killed it without ever dropping below 90% hp on my rogue. It was extremely hard to roll my face on the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by J Lee View Post
    Such challenge that I went in on my mage and bursted it down in an instant. Such challenge that I killed it without ever dropping below 90% hp on my rogue. It was extremely hard to roll my face on the keyboard.
    Must be nice to out gear the fuck out of a challenge. You're not good, you just have gear.

Your ilv was what exactly at the time?

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    Your ilv was what exactly at the time?
    936 on my mage and 912 on my rogue.

Grats on being 9 months late.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Grats on being 9 months late.
    They're easier than a mythic +2.

Alright I was going to say that at 890ish on my mage the challenge was pretty high..

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Must be nice to out gear the fuck out of a challenge. You're not good, you just have gear.
    Doesn't change the fact they are easier than a mythic +2. You only have yourself to rely on instead of having to deal with other players fucking up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    Alright I was going to say that at 890ish on my mage the challenge was pretty high..
    I am sure I can do it with ease at 890 on my mage if I downgrade so I have 890 ilvl. Prydaz + belo'vir + cauterizing blink = immortal mage.
    Last edited by Permanence; 2018-06-20 at 06:17 PM.

Did you just make an account to bash the mage tower? You can at least say what specs you did it on. 936 is pretty high for any mage spec, but Fire has Agatha, which can be cheesed to the extreme, especially if the Command Center is up (you probably wouldn't even notice), and Assassination rogue is hands down the easiest challenge. Do Sub at 912, then talk.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Did you just make an account to bash the mage tower? You can at least say what specs you did it on. 936 is pretty high for any mage spec, but Fire has Agatha, which can be cheesed to the extreme, especially if the Command Center is up (you probably wouldn't even notice), and Assassination rogue is hands down the easiest challenge. Do Sub at 912, then talk.
    When mage tower is up next time I'll record it at ilvl 810~ on my rogue. Why would I go and get the weapons for sub for mage tower? I don't play sub and don't plan to ever play sub.

When mage tower is up next time I'll record it at ilvl 810~ on my rogue. Why would I go and get the weapons for sub for mage tower? I don't play sub and don't plan to ever play sub.
    So enjoy the weapons you got and want to use and don't bash the whole thing because you were lucky enough to land on two easy ones (I assume you didn't do Frost mage either, you did Fire or another Sigryn). If you want to posture, try some of the harder ones and then talk.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    So enjoy the weapons you got and want to use and don't bash the whole thing because you were lucky enough to land on two easy ones (I assume you didn't do Frost mage either, you did Fire or another Sigryn). If you want to posture, try some of the harder ones and then talk.
    Why would I do mage towers for specs I don't play?

Doesn't change the fact they are easier than a mythic +2. You only have yourself to rely on instead of having to deal with other players fucking up.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure I can do it with ease at 890 on my mage if I downgrade so I have 890 ilvl. Prydaz + belo'vir + cauterizing blink = immortal mage.
    Ah I was talking about frost. I can agree with you the fire mage mage tower is a freebie its one of the easiest.

Why would I do mage towers for specs I don't play?
    Because you might play them later, for one. Who knows? If they're as easy as you say, why wouldn't you?

Of course, it's perfectly fine not to get them, but you're the one with a chip on your shoulder about the mage tower. Don't act like you know everything if you don't have the experience, and don't bash the lack of challenge if you don't care to look for one. Seems logical enough, no?

Sure you did.

And I'm also sure, you did so whilst the challenge was fresh and you've done every challenge with that same "ease", right?

I think not.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-06-20 at 11:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just wish I had the legendaries that make some of them easier, like fire mage and enhancement shaman. I fear the tower won't be up during the time I can do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I just wish I had the legendaries that make some of them easier, like fire mage and enhancement shaman. I fear the tower won't be up during the time I can do them.
    Enhancement shaman doesn't require specific legendaries, because you can self heal. It's more of an issue for classes that lack self healing, like arcane mage. Fire mage gets a lot of help from command center being up and from aoe trinkets like the ones from garothi / high command. Leggo helmet helps, but isn't as important.

Tbh the most legendary dependent are sub rogue, tank paladin / warrior / bear, and arcane mage. Non healing classes: rogue, warrior, mage, hunter can see big QoL improvement by having prydaz or the other healing leggo (warrior bracer, hunter pants, rogue pants, mage blink chest), but except arcane mage it's less crucial, definitely helps for assasination / bm though.

Aff lock ring helps too, but there is a strat to bypass it, so it's no longer mandatory.