Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I thought this would be covered under your vaunted free speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    That is by any sensible definition removing his right to free speech.
    Your right to free speech, etc, are limited when you join the military, especially when you're wearing a uniform. Just like with any employer.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Make a correlation between people who oink their approval of sending to ''labor camp'' the culprit and people screaming ''FRADOM OF SPUCH'' over Dankula-the-Nazi-rat.
    No, you're just throwing out a jumble of random words that don't make sense. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    My bad, i though you were from Romania, i must have confonded with another poster.

I AM disqualified? AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH !

I made a statement, i explained it, with a list of examples, who CAN'T be denied by ANYONE, but yet, you are still denying them? And I am the one who can't be taken seriously? Pfffffffff AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH !
    everything you said is objectively wrong. look up the dunning kruger effect. you are a text book example.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    No, I was thinking of Didactic. Yes though, I hate people who can work (like you) and worm out of it. I hate people who always excuse criminals, like illegal aliens or convicted criminals and cry that police roughed them up as they were resisting, etc. I don't dislike everyone that isn't me, Tasic (sp?) guy with the flower avatar has pretty fair views, I just can't stand the extreme left like Didactic, XDurionX and that other guy who promotes far left ideas... has some red anime avatar, forget his name.
    When everyone is "extreme left" to you, you are the problem, sorry mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Care to quote where they can't be a communist? It's funny when I see the "land of the free" have such strict rules on everything but guns.
    Sure:

https://www.army.mil/values/oath.html

https://www.army.mil/values/officers.html

Obviously, "being a communist" and openly advocating it while in uniform are 2 different things. So let's not try to segue a separate discussion into this.

Edit: added officer oath
    Last edited by Mavick; 2018-06-20 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vlavlavla View Post
    This makes very little sense.. Yes, it does change a lot if something is based on racial superiority or if something is based on working together, it changes a lot because of that even.
    It clearly shows that you have no idea what you are talking about when you are talking about the worst places, ever been in Africa? You know, the continent that is exclusively capitalistic and the biggest shit hole you can imagine. Then you go on about how North Korea and China are communists... Funny, it still is the Democratic Republic of North Korea. Now before you go "but.. but, north Korea isn't democratic at all", no it isn't, nor is it communistic, just like all your other examples...
    So, you have no examples of how bad communism is, you merely have some crazy ranting about it that is highly influences by the red scare. Dictators are just that, dictators, if you want to make a list of what side has the most of them, be sure to include Africa this time, all these warlords aren't exactly doing anything altruistic over there...
    Have you missed the point where reality strikes or are you just being disingenuous on purpose?

Why are you bringing Africa here? It has nothing to do with the subject, and capitalism has nothing to do with it being a shithole.

Oh, you are really disingenuous on purpose; are you fucking seriously believing because the NK is called "Democratic Republic of North Korea", it's not a fucking communist nightmare? Really? REALLY? Not you don't, you are using that as a deterent because you don't even have a single point to use.
    And China AND NK are communists countries; China is less now that's true, because communism is a fairy tale, it can't work in the real world, you know, the thing who hit you at every moment of your life.

I have no examples? Fucking seriously? Are youy taking drugs or are you a communist agent? But maybe i invented the millions of deaths in the gulags, maybe i invented the millions of deaths during the China revolution, maybe i invented the millions of deaths during the khmers rouge revolution? And so on.

Oh but no, i'm just influenced by that "red scare" thing, it's all in my head !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    everything you said is objectively wrong. look up the dunning kruger effect. you are a text book example.
    Nope man, YOU are the problem here. It's pretty common here since a few days to invoke Dunning Kruger, but it won't make it true, no matter how many times you use it, especialy in that kind of case were you are only trying to deflect from your blatant ineptitude to understand things who were explained to you, twice.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is that after 7 pages i still didn't see a mention to the "paradox of tolerance", which is used all the time to justify the violations of rights of alt-righters and people wrongly labeled as such.

But yeah, if he cant follow military rules, he should be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Funny thing is that after 7 pages i still didn't see a mention to the "paradox of tolerance", which is used all the time to justify the violations of rights of alt-righters and people wrongly labeled as such.

But yeah, if he cant follow military rules, he should be punished.
    What's even more funny is that no one read the fucking article. He wasnt kicked out for being a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    When everyone is "extreme left" to you, you are the problem, sorry mate.
    Everyone is not though. The people who say criminals "didn do nuthin" are, the people who want people from South/Central America to stream into the USA un opposed are, the people who want to have a massive welfare state are. There are plenty of people on this forum who may not be as extreme as I am but are much further to the right than you are, for example.

Everyone is not though. The people who say criminals "didn do nuthin" are, the people who want people from South/Central America to stream into the USA un opposed are, the people who want to have a massive welfare state are. There are plenty of people on this forum who may not be as extreme as I am but are much further to the right than you are, for example.
    If you think those things are "far left" you have NO idea how far the left goes......

Truth is, most of what you listed there have people wanting various levels of those things. For example, what you see as a "massive wellfare state" means to others "the very wealthy paying their fair share of taxes" or "single payer healthcare". What you see as "stream into the USA un opposed" others see as "making an immigration system that doesn't suck and doesn't separate children from parents during the process".
    Last edited by Mavick; 2018-06-20 at 07:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Your right to free speech, etc, are limited when you join the military, especially when you're wearing a uniform. Just like with any employer.

No, you're just throwing out a jumble of random words that don't make sense. Again.
    I understand that and I understand why BUT he was no dismissed for expressing an opinion, he was dismissed for having an opinion that the US army considers to be wrong.

If he had made a political statement supporting the President, or in favour of military activity in the middle East he would almost certainly not have been dismissed.

The distinction is small but significant. He was not dismissed for expressing a political opinion, he was dismissed for expressing the WRONG political opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Dude Africa is like super-communism, the rural place have no concept of individuality nor private property and only live through the community, you could buy a plantation, seeds and try to sell your product and everyone would just come and grab your fruit whenever they want because they "need them" and nobody see a problem with that because that's "how it work".
    Right....

- - - Updated - - -

Have you missed the point where reality strikes or are you just being disingenuous on purpose?

Why are you bringing Africa here? It has nothing to do with the subject, and capitalism has nothing to do with it being a shithole.

Oh, you are really disingenuous on purpose; are you fucking seriously believing because the NK is called "Democratic Republic of North Korea", it's not a fucking communist nightmare? Really? REALLY? Not you don't, you are using that as a deterent because you don't even have a single point to use.
    And China AND NK are communists countries; China is less now that's true, because communism is a fairy tale, it can't work in the real world, you know, the thing who hit you at every moment of your life.

I have no examples? Fucking seriously? Are youy taking drugs or are you a communist agent? But maybe i invented the millions of deaths in the gulags, maybe i invented the millions of deaths during the China revolution, maybe i invented the millions of deaths during the khmers rouge revolution? And so on.

Oh but no, i'm just influenced by that "red scare" thing, it's all in my head !

- - - Updated - - -

Nope man, YOU are the problem here. It's pretty common here since a few days to invoke Dunning Kruger, but it won't make it true, no matter how many times you use it, especialy in that kind of case were you are only trying to deflect from your blatant ineptitude to understand things who were explained to you, twice.
    Lol, yea, im the one being dishonest here.. .Listen to yourself, why do i bring up Africa?? Well, you are the one that brought up the worst countries, can't help it that you are clueless about what worst actually means.

That North Korea bit is even addressed is the bit you quoted, why do you still ask?

And yes, it clearly is all in your head.

I understand that and I understand why BUT he was no dismissed for expressing an opinion, he was dismissed for having an opinion that the US army considers to be wrong.

If he had made a political statement supporting the President, or in favour of military activity in the middle East he would almost certainly not have been dismissed.

The distinction is small but significant. He was not dismissed for expressing a political opinion, he was dismissed for expressing the WRONG political opinion.
    It may not be the easiest thing to see this without having experienced military life yourself. It is absolutely crucial for everyone to be, more or less "on the same page". Expressing political beliefs, for anything, that can cause hard feelings or a lack of trust can LITERALLY mean life or death. This isn't just a simple job that you can quit or get fired from, etc. That's why it's just absolutely taboo for this sort of thing. And yeah, you're talking about an organization that's sole existence is to protect our means of self government and way of life, so advocating an ideology that is counter to that, it's not going to fly there, period.

He was dismissed for multiples offenses like advocating political violence on social media and shit-talking his superiors, including but not exclusive to insulting Mattis, the defense secretary or saying he'd "Happily dance" on the tomb of a US senator.
    There's "having a political opinion" and there's "being a fucking retard in public multiple times".

Quote Originally Posted by vlavlavla View Post
    Right....
    I'm sorry the truth hurt.
    Last edited by Gangresnake; 2018-06-20 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

Actually that is incorrect, you can and will be disciplined for public political statements in support of current administration policies, regardless of what administration that is.

Again, you have to separate this from any sort of civilian or constitutionality, this is the military, not the law. The military operates under a completely different code, called the Uniform Code of Military Justice. That is what he violated, and that is what he was disciplined for. If you look at the sort of angry vitriol that comes out of both sides on this forum, you can see why a leader in the army is not allowed to have highly partisan opinions of any type. Obviously the other part is protecting democracy itself, but the more basic charge is the loss of good order and discipline.

In short, you are wrong, the nature of the political opinion was not the cause of the discipline, but it almost certainly was the reason for the media coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    He was dismissed for multiples offenses like advocating political violence on social media and shit-talking his superiors, including but not exclusive to insulting Mattis, the defense secretary or saying he'd "Happily dance" on the tomb of a US senator.
    There's "having a political opinion" and there's "being a fucking retard in public multiple times".
    Pretty sure this guy did all this in order to get out with a free education. No one who has these kinds of views or inclinations would want to be in the military doing an actual job. These are the kinds of things people joke about doing when they want to get out as fast as possible and can't wait until their contracts are up.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Pretty sure this guy did all this in order to get out with a free education. No one who has these kinds of views or inclinations would want to be in the military doing an actual job. These are the kinds of things people joke about doing when they want to get out as fast as possible and can't wait until their contracts are up.
    Well jokes on him, he will almost definitely have to pay all that money back, and West Point is really expensive if you actually have to pay for it.

7+ Year Old Account

He wasn't dismissed just because of the T-Shirt incident and even if he had, he was on duty and in uniform. His action violated the rules that he agreed to. No matter where you're working, if you do something that looks bad on your employer, especially while on the clock and in uniform, they reserve the right to fire you. And whether or not they fire on you because of those actions is at their discretion.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2018-06-20 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently not, he was kicked out. He just deserves a higher punishment.
    He wasn't kicked out for being a communist. He was kicked out for the actions done.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Maybe is the word here, maybe.
    If Trump has colluded with Russia, he must be put off charge and be prosecuted, and face a death penalty.
    If Trump has not colluded with Russia, none of the above is valid.
    Simple.
    You know how Mueller's investigation is going? Because we already know he has colluded with Russia with the Trump Tower meeting alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    are you.. are you serious? ok. you just disqualified yourself from ever being taken seriously again.
    He was never taken seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently not, he was kicked out. He just deserves a higher punishment.

- - - Updated - - -

haha. Even if that were true, at least its a job. Haven't you told us that you do not work and live off the tax payer?
    For what? Because being a left of you doesn't deserve anything. Without us, you probably would be fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    https://taskandpurpose.com/neo-nazi-...-commie-cadet/

Seems different rules apply to fascists.