Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New PS4 Line Of PlayStation Hits Games Announced By Sony

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ne...source=twitter

PS4 has been on the market for quite a few years now, and we've reached the point in its lifecycle where Sony is prepared to introduce a standardized line of budget-priced versions of games. Much as it did with its Greatest Hits/Essentials line in the past, Sony has announced a PS4 equivalent called PlayStation Hits.

Games in the PlayStation Hits line will receive specialized box art with a red strip along the top, and the case itself will be red, rather than the usual blue. There are some terrific games included, although the specifics vary by market. In the US, you'll find Bloodborne, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Yakuza 0, Doom, and Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience. You can find complete lists for US and Europe below, or head to the official website to see the lineups in the US, Canada, and Europe (where specific availability varies by country).

In the US, PlayStation Hits will be priced at $20; in Canada, $20 CAD; in the UK, £16; and in Europe, €20. These will be available at both retail and on the PlayStation Store, with the first going on sale in the US/Canada on June 28 and in the UK/Europe on July 18.
    Sony says more games will be added to the Hits line in the future, although it didn't share how often it will do so or how it decides what to include. A special PlayStation Hits PS4 bundle will be released that comes with a 1 TB system and three of Sony's first-party PlayStation Hits titles, but it will only be available in certain European markets.

PlayStation Hits US Lineup
    Bloodborne
    Battlefield 4
    Doom
    Driveclub
    Infamous: Second Son
    Killzone: Shadow Fall
    The Last of Us Remastered
    LittleBigPlanet 3
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience
    Project CARS
    Ratchet & Clank
    Street Fighter V
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    Yakuza 0
    Yakuza Kiwami

PlayStation Hits UK/EU Lineup

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    Batman Arkham Knight
    Bloodborne
    Dragon Ball Xenoverse
    Driveclub
    Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
    EA Sports UFC 2
    Earth Defense 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair
    Infamous: Second Son
    Killzone: Shadow Fall
    LittleBigPlanet 3
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
    Mortal Kombat X
    Need for Speed
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Project CARS
    Ratchet & Clank
    Rayman Legends
    Street Fighter V
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    Watch Dogs
    Yakuza 0
    Awesome.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm torn... I'm always a fan of reselling old games at a cheaper price.

But my OCD is already flaring up, that they'll be in a different coloured box to normal PS4 games.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I’ll pick up the yakuza game, I’ve been meaning to try at least one of them for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm torn... I'm always a fan of reselling old games at a cheaper price.

But my OCD is already flaring up, that they'll be in a different coloured box to normal PS4 games.
    Very likely that the used/new copy's of those games without the label will be the same price. That's how most stores handle it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I’ll pick up the yakuza game, I’ve been meaning to try at least one of them for a while now.
    Its awesome hope ya enjoy it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solid group of games. Most have already been on sale for that price or lower during various sales, but still a deal. Sadly, I already own pretty much any game off of that list I would want but I may grab MGS:V. I already own it on PS3 but never played Ground Zeros and I recently boxed up the PS3 for now.

Go with 0 over Kiwami. Kiwami is a remake of the original Yakuza and for the most part is stand up well to the newer games in the series but there are parts that do feel a bit dated. 0 is a prequel and while there are certain aspects that people new to the franchise will miss, it is still a fantastic starting point. Then, if you want more, pick up the remakes. We should also be getting re-releases of 3,4,and 5 in the near future. These are not full on remakes like Kiwami, but they were PS3 games so they still hold up pretty well today. Then we will actually be able to play all the way from 0 to the recently released 6 completely localized. What a happy day that will be!

Solid games for solid prices, god knows as a little kid when i was dirt poor almost all my PS1 games were platinum hits versions as they were cheaper.

All of these games where already $19.99 MSRP but Uncharted 4 and the Yakuza games. It's a glorified reprint with ugly covers.

Not to mention some are a horrible deal, why buy SFV for $19.99 when you can buy the AE for $29.99 which comes with the S1 and S2 passes that are $40 total if bought as DLC. That's a literal trap purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    All of these games where already $19.99 MSRP but Uncharted 4 and the Yakuza games. It's a glorified reprint with ugly covers.

Not to mention some are a horrible deal, why buy SFV for $19.99 when you can buy the AE for $29.99 which comes with the S1 and S2 passes that are $40 total if bought as DLC. That's a literal trap purchase.
    This also effects the digital prices of these games. While many are already priced at $20 retail, they are higher on the PS store. Also, it seems to me that these "greatest hits" things are often just as much of a way to bring more attention to older games as they are to have a price reduction. Many gamers with a limited budget will seek out the the greatest hits label because they know they will be lower priced. You may already be able to buy Bloodborne for $20, but slapping that red label on it will bring more eyes to it in the shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    This also effects the digital prices of these games. While many are already priced at $20 retail, they are higher on the PS store. Also, it seems to me that these "greatest hits" things are often just as much of a way to bring more attention to older games as they are to have a price reduction. Many gamers with a limited budget will seek out the the greatest hits label because they know they will be lower priced. You may already be able to buy Bloodborne for $20, but slapping that red label on it will bring more eyes to it in the shops.
    No, when I said MSRP I meant MSRP and not retail sales. Literally all of the games I saw listed for the NA release where already $19.99 MSRP but Uncharted 4 and the 2 Yakuza games.(actually just checked and I was wrong on one, Doom is $29.99 but the rest are all $19.99 already)

It's really not that great of a deal outside of the Yakuza games since it was pretty hard to find either on sale, and situations like the SFV one are actually a consumer trap purchase if they would ever be interested in the DLC.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-06-20 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No, when I said MSRP I meant MSRP and not retail sales. Literally all of the games I saw listed for the NA release where already $19.99 MSRP but Uncharted 4 and the 2 Yakuza games.(actually just checked and I was wrong on one, Doom is $29.99 but the rest are all $19.99 already)

It's really not that great of a deal outside of the Yakuza games since it was pretty hard to find either on sale, and situations like the SFV one are actually a consumer trap purchase if they would ever be interested in the DLC.
    They must have just lowered the price on Last of Us because I am pretty sure it was higher when I last checked. Also, MGS:V is $29.99. The base game is $20 but this is the one that also includes Ground Zeros and all other DLC. But like I said, a price drop is only part of the reason for the greatest hits label. Hell, it probably isn't even the main reason. Bringing more eyes to the titles is the main reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should start buying these when they're $20 each before they're hard to find even though I don't have a PS4.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Start with Yakuza zero then, it's an amazing game, one of the best i've ever played.
    plus its a prequel so you don't get lost on any story.

Like shiet, just listen to the OST

If this isn't what makes the game fantastic, I don't know what does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Start with Yakuza zero then, it's an amazing game, one of the best i've ever played.
    plus its a prequel so you don't get lost on any story.

Like shiet, just listen to the OST
    Any game that lets me beat people down with a bench is a 10/10

They must have just lowered the price on Last of Us because I am pretty sure it was higher when I last checked.
    If by 2 holiday seasons ago you mean just, then yea.

Pretty much every Sony first party game is $39.99 a year after release and $19.99 2 years after release MSRP unless it was already a budget release or an under performer then it might get to that $19.99 even quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post

If this isn't what makes the game fantastic, I don't know what does.
    Gotta love a game that can go from that to a side mission where you help a dominatrix learn to be more demeaning to a badass one on one showdown with a yakuza lieutenant. It's amazing how well they manage to make the over the top silly moments and the super serious moments work together and neither feel out of place.

neither feel out of place.
    Because it's in Japan, and outside of the over the top violence it's believable that everything that happens in that game happens in Japan LOL.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen most of those for cheaper at gamestop and amazon over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I should start buying these when they're $20 each before they're hard to find even though I don't have a PS4.
    They won't be hard to find for many years if ever.

I am getting them too but cheaper to pc

https://store.steampowered.com/app/638970/Yakuza_0/