15+ Year Old Account

The absolute madmen

Thanks for the mobile site since thats what i use 90% of the time!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    How are the ads on the mobile site? I mean, I've got Premium so as long as I'm logged in I don't have to worry about it, but sometimes I'm too lazy to log in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    How are the ads on the mobile site? I mean, I've got Premium so as long as I'm logged in I don't have to worry about it, but sometimes I'm too lazy to log in.
    I didn't see any when I checked it on my phone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I have premium too so i dunno. ^talk to homegirl about it

We are testing mobile support for Premium members right now, but it will show normal mobile sized ads for non premium users.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    We are testing mobile support for Premium members right now, but it will show normal mobile sized ads for non premium users.
    Neat. Its great, but the only thing i see missing is post count, which i think helps being able to gauge ban dodgers. Its also jarring to see avatars on the right, but i dont think it matters where they are.

Honestly, and boy does this make me sound like a stick in the mud, I prefer all of the websites I visit on my phone to act just like the desktop version, and I click and zoom as needed. Like, I can zoom way out to get to a link at the bottom and zoom into it instead of scrolling down to find it. and I can view the enitriety of the first page of topics on Gen OT, for example, and not have to scroll at all to see them all.

I can go back to desktop through a couple clicks, but if there's an option to always keep desktop, I'd prefer to have that.

One piece of feedback is that the mobile version does not show how many are "viewing", which is kind of a cool indicator if some major news or some hot topic is happening (Suggestions and Feedback particularly; if I see 50 people in here, I know something's up!)

Great job, @chaud, that needs to be said. It looks great.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just saw also that going into a thread goes to the first post because theres no page number to click on like desktop. Its no biggie for new threads, but silly for ages old megathreads

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Honestly, and boy does this make me sound like a stick in the mud, I prefer all of the websites I visit on my phone to act just like the desktop version, and I click and zoom as needed. Like, I can zoom way out to get to a link at the bottom and zoom into it instead of scrolling down to find it. and I can view the enitriety of the first page of topics on Gen OT, for example, and not have to scroll at all to see them all.

I can go back to desktop through a couple clicks, but if there's an option to always keep desktop, I'd prefer to have that.
    You can set view to desktop site in Chrome on mobile usually. I hid view count to reduce the amount of information on the screen, can look at unhiding it. Adding some sort of option would be challenging, but I can look into it if there is enough demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I just saw also that going into a thread goes to the first post because theres no page number to click on like desktop. Its no biggie for new threads, but silly for ages old megathreads
    The little blue icon at the end of the name takes you to the last unread post. The little blue icon next to the last poster's name takes you to the end of the thread. Do those not work for you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    You can set view to desktop site in Chrome on mobile usually. I hid view count to reduce the amount of information on the screen, can look at unhiding it. Adding some sort of option would be challenging, but I can look into it if there is enough demand.

The little blue icon at the end of the name takes you to the last unread post. The little blue icon next to the last poster's name takes you to the end of the thread. Do those not work for you?
    Oh i see. Yeah they work, sorry. Only thing left i care about is post count, then, so not the biggest deal ever.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2018-06-21 at 12:41 AM.