Future Enemies: return of the Mongrel Horde?

Remember the Mongrel Horde idea Blizzard had for an enemy faction led by Garrosh Hellscream before they settled on the Iron Horde concept for WoD?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mongrel_Horde

I was thinking what if they carried this concept into a future expansion just under new leadership? I came up with an idea for a name to give to this faction of various mongrel races: The Dominion. I was thinking what if the Prophet of the Flame took leadership of the scattered numbers of the Druids of the Flame and set up station in the burning remains of Teldrassil (appropriate since they sought to burn down Nordrassil). Maybe they weren't accepted by the new Elemental Lord Smolderon and have been seeking revenge on the mortal races that vanquished Archdruid Fandral Staghelm. With N'Zoth dead and their Twilight's Hammer allies completely vanquished, they now seek out the various "mongrel" races around Azeroth to forge an army of fiery vengeance to take the world by force in a whirlwind of flame and brutality. Each race would take an Oath of Cinder to be re-forged into a being imbued with a Spark of Wildfire, similar to the Druids of the Flame.

Here are some of the races I thought of:

1) Druids of the Flame (for obvious reasons)
    2) Gnolls
    3) Kobolds
    4) Centaur
    5) Quillboar
    6) Saurok
    8) Troggs
    9) Pygmies
    10) Ettin/Ogres
    11) Drogbar/Necrodark
    12) Yaungol
    13) Magnataur (ironic since their natural habitat is ice!)

I didn't pick any water-based races like Gilgoblins and Murlocs because I couldn't wrap my mind around how that could feasibly work since I integrated this Spark of Wildfire theme for this faction, but maybe you guys are a little more creative in that sense. Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated!
    Last edited by RedFenix; 2018-06-21 at 05:31 AM.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

Man... in retrospect, the Mongrel Horde would have been so much more fun than the time travel shit we got in WoD. Especially if they added to or updated old zones.

Love the concept for even a third playable faction (though I know that's not happening.) Dominion sounds like too much of a cool name for... mongrels, though, maybe the Outcasts? =P Fit in neither Alliance, nor Horde. Or the Exiles. Alliance > Horde > Exiles.

I made a thread earlier this year about the lesser races making a come back after this expansion. With Azerite popping up all over the world and other races being involved every time we go to the islands, I think we should see an evolution of many of these races soon.

The Trolls closest to the Well of Eternity became Night Elves and then Highborne and their savage troll brethren are still savages today. That stuff threw them 100,000's of years into the future of their evolution so why not do the same to Quilboar, Tauren, Gnolls, furbolg and others. A weaker source even made the Murloc's turn into Jinyu and the Zandalari into upright(night elf skeleton confirmed superior race).

I think it would be cool for the more vengeful of each race to unite against the 2 factions and the more enlightened to form their own or join the druid/shaman orders.

I also think the Druids of the Flame are behind the burning of Teldrassil and if they do make a return, they can work with the Ordon aswell and make Ordos the new Firelord. With all these lesser races joining up, could be something cool.

If I came face to face with the dreaded Dominion and it was a just a mother-fuckin Gnoll I’d laugh. Ogres, Naga, Ethereal, Arrakoa, Yaungol and Mogu sound like a better threat befitting a name like The Dominion...

Deleted
    Mongrel Horde FTW! One of my top races have always been the Centaur and I've been waiting for over a decade to see them in a bigger role than just some minor quest. People laugh at these races like they're nothing but Centaurs for example would've exterminated the Tauren if it weren't for the Orcs and Trolls that helped them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Man... in retrospect, the Mongrel Horde would have been so much more fun than the time travel shit we got in WoD. Especially if they added to or updated old zones.

Love the concept for even a third playable faction (though I know that's not happening.) Dominion sounds like too much of a cool name for... mongrels, though, maybe the Outcasts? =P Fit in neither Alliance, nor Horde. Or the Exiles. Alliance > Horde > Exiles.
    Except the idea made no sense for Garrosh considering he considered smaller races beneath him.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Except the idea made no sense for Garrosh considering he considered smaller races beneath him.
    Desperate orcs do desperate things.

Like travel back in time to change history.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    they didn't really know what they were doing with Garrosh for awhile. One patch he was setting up to be a more battle ready Thrall... and oops, he went full hitler with a dash of Stalin.

Haha,this would make much more sense than all of the time travel crap. World of Wacraft: Vengeance of the Candle King; World of Wacraft: Wrath of the Hogger; World of Warcraft: War of Flame etc.

i feel like theyve sort of taken the mongrel horde idea and retrofitted it to magni as a force for good.

but if the king of diamonds is a pawn that could all change by next expansion
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I like the idea, and you could couple it with the invasion pre legion launch. What wow needs is less static and a lot more randomness action. I've never understood why we don't see random invasions/pop ups by other races/factions or what ever. With all the sharded technology we have today, why don't we see kobolds massive spawning from the mines outside stormwind and amasing an attack on the town/Stormwind ? Or pirates attacking teldrassil or a gang of highway men running around the countryside making a mess ?
    Wow could be so much more than it is today, if they only dared!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I made a thread earlier this year about the lesser races making a come back after this expansion. With Azerite popping up all over the world and other races being involved every time we go to the islands, I think we should see an evolution of many of these races soon.

The Trolls closest to the Well of Eternity became Night Elves and then Highborne and their savage troll brethren are still savages today. That stuff threw them 100,000's of years into the future of their evolution so why not do the same to Quilboar, Tauren, Gnolls, furbolg and others. A weaker source even made the Murloc's turn into Jinyu and the Zandalari into upright(night elf skeleton confirmed superior race).

I think it would be cool for the more vengeful of each race to unite against the 2 factions and the more enlightened to form their own or join the druid/shaman orders.

I also think the Druids of the Flame are behind the burning of Teldrassil and if they do make a return, they can work with the Ordon aswell and make Ordos the new Firelord. With all these lesser races joining up, could be something cool.
    If people's suspicions are correct that Azerite is the cause of Teldrassil's burning, the fires of the scorched world tree could be the source of the Spark of Wildfire that the Druids of the Flame grant the mongrel races during the ceremony of the Oath of Cinder.

I had the Ordon in mind when I put the yaungol on the list of races enlisted in the Dominion. I felt that the yaungol's fire worship fit naturally with the Druids of the Flame. Since Ordos is killable in-game, I didn't think to make him the new Firelord, so that's why I appointed the Prophet of the Flame as the only notable alive character that could lead this faction. Perhaps Wrathion is still salty about the events of MoP and WoD, so since Azeroth is "safe" after the events of BfA come to their conclusion, he might see it as an opportunity to get HIS vengeance on mortals.

But I don't really foresee Wrathion continuing to be an enemy of the Horde and Alliance. Who knows what Blizz has in store for him.
    Last edited by RedFenix; 2018-06-21 at 04:05 PM.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Might be nice, actually, to see all the species of dumb losers band together and become a power to be reckoned with under proper leadership.

In D&D, all those races are much more nuanced and powerful in their own ways. Gnolls, for example, are demonic butchers that slaughter and consume everything in their path to appease the fiend that created them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Druids of the Flame hate the Horde more than anything else in existence.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Conquering the world by flame! Yes! And we shall call ourselves, THE BURNING LE-no wait that's copyrighted...

Quote Originally Posted by Shandurp Failermoon View Post
    Druids of the Flame hate the Horde more than anything else in existence.
    Absolutely. We really need to see a lot more NEs turning to the flame to get revenge for Teldrassil, maybe a side-quest to see some travel to the Firelands to get blessed by the new Firelord. Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Man, it would so funny to see all those failures make this one final hopeless stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    Absolutely. We really need to see a lot more NEs turning to the flame to get revenge for Teldrassil, maybe a side-quest to see some travel to the Firelands to get blessed by the new Firelord. Something.
    That'd be good development for night elves and for the Alliance. A faction of extremists that finally progresses the night elf story from playing second fiddle to humans and gives the Alliance a nice dash of grey.