Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Every class I've played feels so much worse. It's slower, less reactive and overall less fun.
    Incorrect. Ret Paladin is so much more fun, a much more reactive and overall more fun class. I am sure there are a few others but yeah, you're wrong on this one.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Visuals are the only thing BFA has going for it. There are only a handful of specs that are happy with their BFA changes and the vast majority of specs are very unhappy with the state of their respective specs. Classes make up the majority of the game, if you're unhappy with what you're playing and you don't find anything you enjoy playing, the rest of the game could be an endless ice cream bar, people aren't going to stay for just that.
    i'm enjoying my two classes so far on the beta (hunter pally) and i know my other friends with the beta are liking theirs to. don't know if my friends without beta have looked into there classes at all as there just focusing on trying to finish some legion stuff as they skipped all expan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Intergalactic space-goats in crystal-powered spaceships that were the product of weapons-grade retconium, no less. Caused quite a stir at the time. And you sure won't hear me praise TBC, least of all its sorry excuse of a story.

Still, the point is that thematically BfA holds fairly well together apart from the force-fed diversion that is the faction conflict.
    I will say that BfA at least sticks to some of the original themes of Warcraft. Fighting over resources.

It's mostly the weird direction they're taking the faction leaders that kind of sucks. But we'll see. I'm definitely waiting til 8.1 or later to buy, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    i'm enjoying my two classes so far on the beta (hunter pally) and i know my other friends with the beta are liking theirs to. don't know if my friends without beta have looked into there classes at all as there just focusing on trying to finish some legion stuff as they skipped all expan.
    It depends on the spec for Hunter, but Pally got pretty polished too. Specs like Arcane, Havoc, Sub, Guardian, Shadow, MM, Ele, and Enh are are struggling pretty heavily on beta right now. Some are numerical like MM and Sub, but the others are core mechanical problems with rotations. For Example Havoc lost, I think, 21 abilities between talents, nerfs to current abilities, or the Artifact. They gained 6 things and got hit pretty bad with the GCD changes effecting Nemesis, Fel Rush, Vengeful Retreat, and Darkness to name a few. Arcane Mages honestly have no idea what the intention of the spec is, they randomly took Arcane Missles off a proc based system and it honestly is super confusing as to what you need to be doing. Ele and Enh are struggling for having reasons to hit buttons, for example Elemental right now has 4 talents in different rows that all effect Lightning Bolt and make spamming Lightning Bolt the best thing to do always, and never casting Lava Burst. There's just too many specs struggling while they say "wait until 8.1 for changes". In my opinion that is a completely unacceptable answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I got into the Beta by now, and checked out both Zandalar and Kul Tiras. Kul Tiras is even uglier, but I wonder why this expansion seems to be low res with fewer props compared to Legion. Even checked my graphics settings, but can't say art direction and technical quality could compare to the Broken Isles.

I think the issue is Legion was a pinnacle of wow pretty much and they can't afford or simply aren't able to produce more content of this quality, that would at the same time be different, so it is expected that the next expansion will feel slightly gutted. I'm still hyped for it cause it's just more wow in the end.

Also, all the negative feedback is from the dungeons/raiding angle, mostly. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that but to me it doesn't really matter that much. I will keep playing my warrior on a heroic level tops as far as raiding is concerned and enjoying myself in different areas of the game. Now if the pet battles felt bad in BfA that would be a real problem :P
    Last edited by Azerate; 2018-06-21 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    I have never seen a Beta this negative. Or should, I say this "overwelhmed with negativity". It's also scary to see so much negativity in-game, Beta. A friend had Beta (he mains Havoc). He uninstalled Beta, and hasn't logged into WoW in almost 3 weeks. I think people without Beta are in for a huge shock. Every class I've played feels so much worse. It's slower, less reactive and overall less fun. Also, the fact that there is no point to leveling will slowly eat away at you. It will leave you with a lasting feeling of being ripped off as you are leveling for no reason other than the gating of all content.

I have a feeling that this expansion will be possibly worse than WoD unless things change.
    This same exact sentiment happens, 100%, every single expansion without exception. My initial impression was that BFA was lacking in features, but honestly repeating what Legion did is enough for me, so it seems like iteration isn't necessarily bad. *shrug* I was hyped for WoD and disappointed only by patch life--launch was great except server downtime/traffic. I was hyped for Legion and thoroughly blown away by patch content. I was *not* excited for MoP and blown away by launch/patch content. I played beta for each since cata. I think people need to stop being dramatic edgelords and just enjoy things instead of trying to make every pixel a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnonEntity View Post
    I got into the Beta by now, and checked out both Zandalar and Kul Tiras. Kul Tiras is even uglier, but I wonder why this expansion seems to be low res with fewer props compared to Legion. Even checked my graphics settings, but can't say art direction and technical quality could compare to the Broken Isles.
    Not seeing this issue at all. Zones, models, effects, and each update with new models/more polished areas seem 100% in line with existing content.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No, you are making stuff out of thin air, parroting a false meme. Tons of people who have cried about WoD, for example, are just no longer playing. This can be seen in the game (friends list) as well as on the forums (nicks of posters).
    Yet I have seen you here for years crying about WoW. Are you a meme bro? My friends list has remained consistently full for years. so /shrug?

Sometimes i think they will delay the launch

All i see for BfA is major improvements in story,questing,immersion,cinematics,pvp is gonna be awesome again and ofc graphic design is best one so far.Cant wait to try warfronts and island expedition since they look pretty good and everyone likes them so far on beta.Hype is bigger then evah!
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    All i see for BfA is major improvements in story,questing,immersion
    Please name them.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    All i see for BfA is major improvements in story,questing,immersion,cinematics,pvp is gonna be awesome again and ofc graphic design is best one so far.Cant wait to try warfronts and island expedition since they look pretty good and everyone likes them so far on beta.Hype is bigger then evah!
    Im not sure if you are serious or joking. The story is shit. You have to read the book and comics to follow it . Questing? Horde questing is better the alliance but only by a small margin. Otherwise ist more of the same. PVP? Not enough people care . It wont suddenly explode in popularity. They have burned PVP players too much in the past. Graphics are good. Not spectacular and lots or reused art assets . Warfronts and Expeditions wont keep people busy. They will become a boring chorse after a couple weeks. Certinly not enough to hold peoples interest . I dont know where you seeing all this positive hype. Ive looked and cant find it.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

This beta is absolutely more negative than WoD's was. The WoD beta was actually pretty optimistic, because most people just goofed off leveling and Blizzard really has leveling and dungeon design down cold. People are a bit more experienced now and look past that for BFA. The GCD and tank threat changes are nearly universally hated and the new endgame stuff, warfronts in particular, just isn't that much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Because it was still cool and new. Playing the same game for 14 years will cause boredom.
    I had the same feeling in Cataclysm so... don't know if it has to do with the age of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    It's even spilled over onto Reddit. Which is usually a hive mind of sucking Ions dick.

Way too many changes that negatively impact the game or just don't add anything at all.
    Well I'm curious to see how Blizzard will "solve" all of this until 8.1. If they're not able to we'll have WoD 2.0, undoubtly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Azshara deserves to die in a quest chain if you know anything about her lore and highborne. She should have power comparable to one of the higher mages in current lore, not the level she was in WotA
    Sure because after being empowered by one of the Old Gods (at a time where she has been the strongest "mortal" on Azeroth) you clearly lose power and get weaker...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again