Thread: Unholy In BFA

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    BFA's Unholy Frenzy is basicaly the haste from Soul reaper and the wounds application from from BRW in a more simplistic version. So yeah, this is basicaly the type of thing I expect them to do more and more: deleting coooldowns, making them passives or backing them into other existing cooldowns. I expect Soul Repear and Unholy Blight to be deleted as well, because they are such garbage cooldowns.

This is what the GCD changes leads us anyway, the more CDs we have, the more clunky the game feels, so they better get rid of the most cooldowns possible. Apparently this is suposed to be good for the game but so far nobody around me feels like classes are improving in BFA so we will see

i have tested Uh a bit in beta (few dungeons at 110) and it has a lot of downtime :-( many times you get 1 to 3 seconds od nothing to do excpet watching the icons...and with 24% haste! anyone has checked this?

Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    i have tested Uh a bit in beta (few dungeons at 110) and it has a lot of downtime :-( many times you get 1 to 3 seconds od nothing to do excpet watching the icons...and with 24% haste! anyone has checked this?
    What is your talent setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Rylad View Post
    What is your talent setup?
    i've got 1-1-3-1-2-3-2..

7+ Year Old Account
    BfA Unholy has great AoE potential if you choose Infected Claws, Bursting Sores and Epidemic. Consider the following scenario of a group of 3-5 enemies:

-Dark Transformation on your ghoul and send him in
    -Drop down Death & Decay
    -Apply your first Festering Strike
    -Alternate between Scourge Strike and Epidemic clicks

Not sure if this is a glitch, but regular Death and Decay for me allows my Scourge Strike to hit all targets inside the DnD. Since your transformed ghoul is spreading Festering Wounds on all of them, your AoE is melting everything between bursting your wounds and Epidemic.

If you are worried about single target damage, I haven't really tested to see if Ebon Fever and/or Clawing Shadows are stronger choices.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    BfA Unholy has great AoE potential if you choose Infected Claws, Bursting Sores and Epidemic. Consider the following scenario of a group of 3-5 enemies:

-Dark Transformation on your ghoul and send him in
    -Drop down Death & Decay
    -Apply your first Festering Strike
    -Alternate between Scourge Strike and Epidemic clicks

Not sure if this is a glitch, but regular Death and Decay for me allows my Scourge Strike to hit all targets inside the DnD. Since your transformed ghoul is spreading Festering Wounds on all of them, your AoE is melting everything between bursting your wounds and Epidemic.

If you are worried about single target damage, I haven't really tested to see if Ebon Fever and/or Clawing Shadows are stronger choices.
    Not sure if this is serious or a joke, thats what dnd does makes your SS/CS cleave everything.

need to get rid of that pet to begin with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Not sure if this is serious or a joke, thats what dnd does makes your SS/CS cleave everything.
    Before it was Defile (the talent) that only made that happen. Unless it was changed recently?

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Before it was Defile (the talent) that only made that happen. Unless it was changed recently?
    It's been that way for the entirety of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    need to get rid of that pet to begin with.
    Always felt there should be a talent for that, a talent that increases dot damage (perhaps gives you another dot to use) in sacrfice of your pet. Wouldn't hesitate to take it, even if it simmed lower. Always loved UH, but more about the aids spreading shit, than pet managment.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Beingbob View Post
    It's been that way for the entirety of Legion.
    yeah defile only does more damage, increases your mastery and radius over time.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2018-06-12 at 12:53 AM.

Unholy looks to be a Single target king for raid bosses more than anything but definitely requires a tuning pass.
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2018-06-20 at 03:53 AM.

Talents are really misleading, and personally i'm not sold.
    Army of the dead and Apocalypse are pretty useless without current buffs from traits and legendaries. Apocalypse poping only 4 wounds are just pathetic. It's more about poping 4 wounds at once with ghouls being just a small bonus and some cool visuals, and not about actually raising dead.
    You should consider, that now unholy is so much fun and doing so much damage because of legendary shoulders, which is gone completely, and artifact traits that buffs ghouls from Apoc and AotD, which is gone too. Go and try to play unholy live without it. It's not that fun.
    And pretty much every tier of talents have some concerns about some talents being too strong(ebon fever), and some being total garbage(all will serve, soul reaper), and some being "pick what sims best" type(t90).

I think they need to rework that army talent in the last tier to not so much reduce apoc cd but to summon ghouls when you apoc, keep the cd reduction in for army, but make apoc summon ghouls like it does atm.

could someone explain to me what unholy's strengths are compared to frost in bfa? i only tried doing normal quests for a few mins and it felt like unholy takes longer to get into gear, without getting more out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    could someone explain to me what unholy's strengths are compared to frost in bfa? i only tried doing normal quests for a few mins and it felt like unholy takes longer to get into gear, without getting more out of it.
    after the latest Frost update, Unholies strengths are strickly in PvP at the moment in terms of mechanical game play.

Unholy does not have its "wounds in AoE" sorted out yet... or there simply happy with no wounds in AoE, as abomination is no longer available to spread wounds AND infected claws has been changed to prevent AoE wounds even from normal ghoul cleave. pestilence becomes a much more random version of what we had in legion with infected claws. And as a whole Bursting Sores becomes superfluous as you just take clawing shadows and Epidemic and dont bother with wounds in AoE regardless of your talent choices.

Tier 100 for Unholy fixes one issue (army cooldown) but causes another in the simple availability for high single target dmg cooldowns, if you take Unholy Frenzy/Gargoyle than you have great dmg for 1 boss per mythic dungeon and no army the entire rest of the way. Or you take Armies of the damned and have army available for everyboss but no other real dmg cooldown to pair it with (outside of short raid boss fights) your forced to "pick your poison" rather than augment strengths.

and then theres the nature of Unholies dmg mechanics (which are tuned high right now on BETA compared to Frost) but simply put we have had an entire expansion of Unholy and Frost and we now clearly know fundamentally the weaknesses of DnD+SS cleave in both raids and M+ along with the wound weakness in terms of target switching. If the game magically went live as is, then by default of current tuning Unholy is stronger than Frost by pure numbers however if Frost and Unholy were tuned to do identical dmg in ideal situations then we know mechanically in live gameplay Frost would be better since its dmg is easier to execute in a wider variety of "unideal" situations than unholy.

this is comming from someone who played Unholy all of Legion except for Nighthold were i played BoS Frost

EN-ToV-ToS-ABT i stayed unholy for all of that normal/heroic and mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    snip
    thank you very much, this is an amazingly well put info post!

after the latest Frost update, Unholies strengths are strickly in PvP at the moment in terms of mechanical game play.

Unholy does not have its "wounds in AoE" sorted out yet... or there simply happy with no wounds in AoE, as abomination is no longer available to spread wounds AND infected claws has been changed to prevent AoE wounds even from normal ghoul cleave. pestilence becomes a much more random version of what we had in legion with infected claws. And as a whole Bursting Sores becomes superfluous as you just take clawing shadows and Epidemic and dont bother with wounds in AoE regardless of your talent choices.
    Your Ghoul does/should spread wounds on all targets, while it is transformed. Or did i miss something? They reverted the primary target thing from IC afaik.

Deleted
    Do we know what alliance race is gonna be the best for uh dk's in BFA [ PVE ] ? I know it's a minor difference but I'm aiming to max dps.

Everything in that setence is wrong. Wounds are mainly a ST mechanic there will never be an aoe way of spreading wounds consistently.Abom is gone but the ghoul was changed to have the same aoe radius as the abom. That change to infected claws was reverted right after the change, the tooltip might have not changed yet. Pestilence is just an extra bonus for an extra chance of applying wounds in aoe, numbers might need tunning tho. IC, BS, Defile, was reported as having the most potential for aoe burst.