Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Saurfang, Thrall, Baine, Sylvanas, Garrosh, vol'jin.

The only one not butchered character wise was gallywix, because he started as a piece of shit, and remained a piece of shit.
    Baine is consistently a pussy. The rest of the list is true.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

The only one not butchered character wise was gallywix, because he started as a piece of shit, and remained a piece of shit.
    And Thrall left him in charge too. Funny that. I'm starting to think Thrall should stop being the sole electorate for Horde leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Baine is consistently a pussy. The rest of the list is true.
    actually baine had potential, but blizzard just never went anywhere with him.
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang, Thrall, Baine, Sylvanas, Garrosh, vol'jin.

we see a pattern here

if the character is already a piece of shit, blizzard can't make him shit
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-06-21 at 01:54 AM.

Baine's highlight was his cut Cata lines urging people to defend Mulgore for Taurajo. There's a thin line between a character supporting peace and being honorable and him being a pushover and Baine is entirely the latter. He should be more WC3/Lord of the Clans Thrall and less a complete pansy.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Apparently to Blizzard every war is a war of extermination. Which is just really stupid.

But nah, the Horde is totally gray. Totally.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Apparently to Blizzard every war is a war of extermination
    but muh survival say the hordies. it's always a threat so long as alliance races exist, but it's TOTALLY Morally
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He disobeys orders if he doesn't agree with them, as he did in Battle for lordaeron, which has pretty much no civilians involved, but here he sits fully content with the butchering of an entire city and its population.

Astranaar is a worse atrocity than Lordaeron, there only soldiers died on the battlefield through despicable means, in Astranaar the entire population was massacred.
    Seems like I'm starting to grasp orc logic: anything is honorable if you do it with axes and fire, and dishonorable if you do it with magic or science.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    we see a pattern here

if the character is already a piece of shit, blizzard can't make him shit
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Challenge accepted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandurp Failermoon View Post
    but muh survival say the hordies. it's always a threat so long as alliance races exist, but it's TOTALLY Morally
    you should not put all the hordies in the same bag you know, more people there is hating what blizzard is doing than enjoying

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That's also part of his inconsistent character to me. Saurfang worked under Garrosh's radar to safeguard the player character. He went back and stared down the Alliance to get his son's body. The guy took up arms and helped the invasion of Orgrimmar. He single-handedly charged through and cleared an entire tunnel of Mantid to the peril of his life. He challenged a person he had absolutely no hope of beating to single combat. He would rather die than let Sylvanas do something he finds dishonorable (leaving aside for now his lack of pragmatism there). When Saurfang wants shit to get done, he gets shit done himself.

Yet this time, because Sylvanas didn't do as he pleased and insulted him, he skulks in his cage and is useless? Wat? Is this just to remove any semblance of opposition to Sylvanas's war and keep the Horde as a big happy family of mass murderers throwing away all their previous characterization? Or try to pull a fast one on us when he incomprehensibly comes back later on?
    To me he just feels like overreacting drama queen at this point. I mean it could be that Horde "losing its way" over the years finally got to him and it reached it's boiling point at Battle for Lordaeron... but thing is, I still feel like his reaction was just overly emotional for a war veteran like Saurfang. I mean yeah, Sylvanas methods are ruthless and aren't necessarily how he would do it, but arguably they were required for Horde to survive at Lordaeron in any war-continuing capacity.

I would understand it if Sylvanas hasn't presented him with a chance to provide an alternative, but she did and he didn't have one. Not trying to excuse Sylvanas with this, but imo her being willing to listen to Saurfang just shows extent of his overreaction. We're not at "mad tyrant assasinates her subordinates" stage yet, and there was still a wiggling room to *fight within the Horde* for what he feels Horde should be, not sulk in a cell like toddler because Sylvanas said some mean words to him and he didn't get it his way. That's not Saurfang I know at least.

Even if he eventually returns to "save us" or whatever, I'll just find it hard to rally behind him and will probably result in one long eye roll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    There is only one thing that can be done with his character:
    Drop a giant box on him making him retarded. Then the only word he will be able to say will be "Honor". Then rename him into Honor. And make him into Horde's mascot.
    Ho-nor! Ho-nor!

I could see this hah

he went from being his own character to a support character in Anduin's development. :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    There is only one thing that can be done with his character:
    Drop a giant box on him making him retarded. Then the only word he will be able to say will be "Honor". Then rename him into Honor. And make him into Horde's mascot.
    And when the time comes, he will HOLD THE NOOR.
    Last edited by Haven; 2018-06-21 at 09:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    I'm guessing he follows the order from the Warchief, or rather, relays it to those under his command without really thinking about it and pushes his conflict between honor and loyalty (disloyalty is inherently dishonorable) to the back of his mind
    And why didn't he do that when Malfurion was on the brink of getting written out of this story finally?

Because after fighting in wars since WCI he finally has a change of heart in a matter of hours? Buahahahahahaha

And people actually want this moron to replace Sylvanas as Warchief? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    he went from being his own character to a support character in Anduin's development. :/
    Like every Alliance NPC?
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2018-06-21 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Like every Alliance NPC?
    It's one thing for the Alliance, but the horde characters are being use to build up Anduin. Sylvanas' whole villain role is basically a test for Anduin, Saurfang is probably going to be used as a talking piece for him to.

And all the kid ever talks about to everyone is ARTHAS @_@

I actually find the Saurfang developments interesting. He clearly hates everything that the Horde is becoming, and thinks it's without honor and has betrayed everything he stands for. At the same time he's sworn to fight for the Horde so seems to have a very kamikaze approach now - Seemingly hoping that he'll die so that he'll be free of the Horde and not have to stay a part of the slaughter (which would make it more hilarious if Sylvanas resurects him).

They really should just keep him far away from Anduin though. He could help bridge the gap with all of the Horde players that at unhappy with the changes too and don't want to be the bad guys. By being part of the Anduin story he's distancing himself from all Horde players.

For Saurfang, at least they're trying to show his struggle. Pretty weird that Baine seems fine with all this shit going down.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    And Thrall left him in charge too. Funny that. I'm starting to think Thrall should stop being the sole electorate for Horde leaders.
    That always irked me. Considering Thrall is an ex slave, I always thought it was hilariously dumb that he put Gallywix, the goblins former slavemaster and abuser, in charge of them.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2018-06-21 at 10:28 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

It's elves, literally the same thing as stepping on cockroaches or gnomes.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I actually find the Saurfang developments interesting. He clearly hates everything that the Horde is becoming, and thinks it's without honor and has betrayed everything he stands for. At the same time he's sworn to fight for the Horde so seems to have a very kamikaze approach now - Seemingly hoping that he'll die so that he'll be free of the Horde (which would make it more hilarious if Sylvanas resurects him).

They really should just keep him far away from Anduin though. He could help bridge the gap with all of the Horde players that at unhappy with the changes too and don't want to be the bad guys. By being part of the Anduin story he's distancing himself from all Horde players.
    This is the main thing. The difference between a possible overthrow of Sylvanas and what happened with Garrosh isn't even their relative levels of evil but who is the one doing it. Garrosh had discontent growing for a while, however forced it was (Baine warning Jaina, Taurajo being justified, Vol'jin threatening him with death etc.) and the inner realization about what the Horde was allegedly supposed to be came from Vol'jin. The Alliance only came in later after the Horde had already set itself against Garrosh. By contrast, Baine is an Anduin sockpuppet and Saurfang stays in his dungeon. The story we're getting, if Sylvanas gets overthrown like that, is that the Horde needs the Alliance to tell it how to be the Horde. I'd sooner the Horde be evil and preserve some dignity. At least it's a consistent direction and it doesn't serve to shill for our lord and savior Anduin.

I don't know how can people take WoW's writings seriously after like 10+ years when its constantly shit meme story for 12 year olds.
    The story stopped being good with Warcraft III's ending.
    Last edited by Dizson; 2018-06-21 at 10:31 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    I don't know how can people take WoW's writings seriously after like 10+ years when its constantly shit meme story for 12 year olds.
    The story stopped being good with Warcraft III's ending.
    Hey, Dizson, Quick Question!

How old were you when Warcraft 3 ended?
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

For Saurfang, at least they're trying to show his struggle. Pretty weird that Baine seems fine with all this shit going down.
    I honestly don't know whats worst, them putting nothing in the characters development, or them focusing on the characters but not understanding said character enough that they screw him up.
    #boycottchina