Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    their lazyness shouldnt be rewarded with people giving them 50 bucks plus sub cost also anyway just because its another expansion and thats what you do
    I don't see it as lazyness at all, Im very hyped and as someone who has a 120 on beta am super happy about what they've done so far.

I'm super hyped it's like 3 weeks till straight back orc.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Addicts are too emotionally attached to this game.

You feel the need to dive into every thread defending any little thing about it.

"HOW COULD YOU SAY THIS ABOUT MY PRECIOUS WOW WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
    Have you looked at your post history? That is literally you, but in the opposite direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Logorrhea View Post
    BfA is looking more and more like a filler expansion. The bare minimum of effort is being put into it. Feedback from beta has been largely disappointing. Just think of it as a way to flesh out the faction war.
    Only you! Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    You can't seriously mean during Well Of Eternity, when we fought a version of her 10000 years past when she was still a piddly elf
    You mean losing access to unlimited power of Well of Eternity and turning into atrocious snake somehow made her stronger?

And the Old Gods are "such pushovers" that they end up being the hardest encounters in the game. I believe C'thun and 0-Light Yogg are some of the longest runners in the kill races?
    Still not even final tiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

P much

launch on aug 14 (less than 2 mos) and nobody knows anything besides it being Legion 2.0 with better zone ambiance

well, it is legion 2.0 with different actor , how can you hype this ?^.^

will:
    --leveling all my 12 class to 120 anyway
    --stuffing them
    --max craft
    --making the new flying
    --the new achievement
    --gold mission
    ++playing some others game when all this will be done , waiting for next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Let's look at the expansion villains:

TBC - Bad ass Illidan
    WotLK - Bad asser Lich King
    Cata - Bad asserest Deathwing
    MoP - Not-so-badass Kung Fu Pandas (made to please our Chinese overlords)
    WoD - Bad ass Orc planet
    Legion - Omega level bad asserest and final boss of the game Sargeras

and now we have BfA...

BfA - Ourselves. Yup, we get to fight ourselves. Punting Gnomes feels less bad ass than slaying the demon king.
    that is a pretty optimistic outlook on the expansions. burning crusade was nice. idk about bfa though. its coming from subtlety rogue player mostly.

I had low hype for bfa till i logged into 8.0 ptr and testet some of my alts after the changes.So hyped for mm hunter again.Hated legion mm so bad i had to switch main.

In general there is a lack of "hype" among players for modern expansions unlike what was seen for BC, Wrath, and Cata because WoW is just old. It's aged considerably well, better than any MMO on the market, but it's become formulaic now. Like gum that you've been chewing for too long, the sweetness has vanished. Unlike that biased (and rather stupid) "Classic vs BfA subs" signature i've seen floating around the forums, there's a HUGE gap in between those Vanilla and the present, and the subs have been on a slow but gradual decline since Wrath, it's no surprise people are not as hyped or enchanted with WoW as they were as children 10-20 years ago.

I see you're referring mostly to the cool media content they release for new expansions. I've heard somewhere that they are releasing a badass new web series similar to lords of war, harbingers, and burdens of shaohao, but it's odd that we're so close and have seen nothing as of yet. We are getting a few comics (I loved the mediafire animated comics from legion), and of course a novel, but for me the main attraction is dat animated web series. Maybe we'll also get another audio drama series like the two (The Tomb of Sargeras & A Thousand Years of War) we got for Legion? I would LOVE at least one audio drama for BfA. Steven Pacey's engaging narrations & Robert Brooks' colorful writing always creates for a wonderfully immersive experience! (Don't worry, i'm not being paid to say that! )

As far as media content to hype an expansion is concerned, does anyone else remember the good old Gnomeregan Gnews Gnetwork & Nether Drake machinimas that Blizzard made for BC?

They totally need to bring GGG back! The serious story-oriented stuff like Lords of War or Thousand Years of War is nice, but I miss the Blizzard that also knew how to really have fun with their trailers, the game, and the material in general. Maybe it's my [rose colored goggles] fogging up, but everything feels quite grim-dark now compared to the Blizzard that would release L70ETC rock music, hold all manner of contests, and really just interact with the community on their old site. Feels like they've lost their old motto of fun-first, as everything is just forum whining from players and silence from devs. Although I guess the drum of fun and creativity still beats in the heart of the Hearthstone team, which is nice.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-06-21 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    zero hype for a filler no content wod 2.0 expansion
    Even if all they add is 2 more raids, and the entirety of the rest of the expansion is nothing, it will still have more content to do than WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    There are several positives about BfA.

The art, zones and questing experience looks like it will be good. I'm sure the dungeons and raids will be good.

But what I use to experience all of that has gone backwards.

Sadly the negatives far outweigh the positives. I just love watching a White Knight REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE on a forum.
    Exactly, thank you.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You just did 2 posts in a row with some of the worst logic i've ever seen on this forum. You deserve a cake for that. Its quite an accomplishment
    Which point of the post are you taking issue with? Are you arguing that Wildstar IS doing well despite losing 98% of it's player base or are you arguing that people who play WoW enjoying WoW means the game is perfect? I argued against both ideas so not sure which you agree with (or both).

You can't seriously mean during Well Of Eternity, when we fought a version of her 10000 years past when she was still a piddly elf
    And uh, it's been a while since I've been through that dungeon, but weren't we completely incapable of actually harming her? I remember the fight involving interrupting her, but besides that we just killed her guards until she went "Eh, this is getting boring" and left.

Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post
    It's really simpel, they sold more preorders than expected.
    Why spend more money when you already go over your targets?

You see it with pretty much every game, even new games that start as alpha/beta and with full of good ideas and plans, BAM millions start rolling in and they don't care anymore.

And big studios havnt cared for a long time, they don't care about making a awesome game that as a result of being awesome brings in millions. Now they just make it good enough to make them millions and that's it.

And I understand why, just sucks for us tho
    Selling more Prre-orders then expected is not some great feat when they dont tell you how many they sold. And the only reason they did sell is because Allied races . They could have sold 1 more then they expected and that beats expectation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    And your measurement is some people on a forum that is filled with people hating on anything blizzard related.

How bout we stop making these stupid treads and just all get on with our lives instead of having your little hate filled echo chamber of shit.
    So farr all i have seen you do is complain about people who have criticisms about the game they once really liked. Why does it bother you so much? why so defensive to the point you seem angry? If you dont like these posts skip over them and dont read them.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan View Post
    Like really guys, whats going on at Blizzard??

I remember we used to get video series, cinematics, etc. leading up to an expansion, and all kinds of hype. Here in BFA there is nothing? People have lost interest in the game and they are doing nothing to get people back. With an expansion already looking like they are doing nothing new, meaning they can sell the game on ingame hype since its gonna be like logging in to Legion with zero changes, they NEED to hype people up man

What you guys think?
    I think you need to quit the game. Game is hyped af with all the extra stuff they release, and many ppl are excited. Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    I think you need to quit the game. Game is hyped af with all the extra stuff they release, and many ppl are excited. Don't let the door hit you on the way out
    Imagine the denial.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    BFA seems to fail to hype people up in part because it actually just feels like Legion with new paint. It's the same exact deal, and we'll see another period where no content is even remotely close to challenging unless you choose to go for the higher difficulty levels in a premade group or raid. New zones and questlines you'll just plow through as usual, never remotely close to dying at any point, you'll run dungeons and whatever at maxlevel for 2 afternoons and you'll be geared up and ready to raid, and once more all world content and queued content is insultingly easy to you, always making sure that players succeeding in reaching their current goal is far, far more important than to put them in a world that requires them to play properly, be a bit careful, not play too recklessly.

Because we've hit the point where failing at something outside of endgame, premade group content is considered an "annoying inconvenience", in a freaking MMORPG (MMO-ARPG is more apt at this point). If you want to face some sort of danger and challenge, there's high level mythic, heroic/mythic raids, and other premade group content! But everything else remains a bucketlist of guaranteed-success tasks that requires zero focus from you as a player. Leveling, braindead. Solo World content, braindead. World bosses, braindead zergs. Dungeons, braindead until you go mythic+. Island Expeditions, probably braindead.
    As if the "base" content has to hold your hand at all times and apologize if you ever actually fail at something.

I am a casual pleb, I don't raid, I don't enjoy high M+ where the true challenge is the timer and not the enemies themselves, with bosses often dying faster than trash does. So BFA presents what Legion ultimately did, a few new zones with new stories but you're only there for the story and leveling up, because you're killing the questlines big bads without a seconds thought. It's mindnumbing. And you hit max-level where you'll have a couple of weeks of new and fresh content but none of it actually feels like something to overcome through basic strategy, trying again and improving. Or heaven forbid, come back later because you didn't have gear that was good enough the first time.

Imagine that ey? Imagine going into a new dungeon that was on a slightly different difficulty scale and you can't beat it in 20 minutes mindlessly AoEing trash and tunneling down bosses in 25 seconds flat, but you actually need better gear (and proper strategy and communication) to succeed? Preposterous! Artificial prolonging of content yada yada.

Add to that, that we're not even getting a new talent row, there's no real indication that Blizzard actually has noticed that braindead difficulty mode on all non-premade content is hurting the enjoyment of the game, and not revisiting some of the, admittedly, archaic designs of what used to keep MMORPGs going where people would play for hours and hours per day and still never really reaching a point where they feel like they're "done". Because being "done" isn't actually something to strive for in a freaking (would be) MMORPG. There should always be somewhat difficult content available even as a solo or LFD queue player where you actually have to keep oxygen flowing to your brain in order to be able to succeed. That is something Blizzard has apparently abandoned altogether.

So no, BFA doesn't manage to hype (me) up because I've played Legion, and I know what BFA will be like about 2 weeks after release. Then you add some Timeless isle/raid size patches that as usual makes nearly all previous content irrelevant, and we're just playing Legion again but with less green and less demons. BFA is an even more streamlined version of Legion, and that sure doesn't bode well for the game's longevity.
    Man, if there was a non-ironic clapping smiley, I would use it.
    You just expressed perfectly my feelings.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    You must have been nominated as a hall monitor many times when in grade school. o.O
    No, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I'm not too hyped because my PC won't be able to handle it, and I don't know how much I will have to wait.
    bfa doesnt need a better rig than legion so your comment makes no sense unless you didnt play legion aswell.