Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    A good mother would provide a bucket service.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    No shit sherlock that's why I specifically wrote CURRENT WOW, so as to not confuse with private servers that offer OLDER WOW
    Ah, sorry. When you said current WoW I thought you were referring to Legion only as if the rest of the game didn't exist. Like back during SoO I think someone people forgot there was more to the game than their respective Shrine, the raid, and the space between the two.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Boy, 10, was so addicted to gaming he needed bowel surgery after he stopped going to the toilet during eight-hour World of Warcraft binges
    I mean, he is just stupid. The same kind of stupid like those kids that drinks 2 liters of energy drinks within 15 minutes and gets an heart attack or irregular heartbeat. Like yeah, to much of anything is dangerous.
    The funny thing is that the media never actually tell us the real cause which is "The kid is just really stupid" instead they blame other things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    A good mother would provide a bucket service.
    Indeed, just like Mrs. Cartman did for her son Eric

This isn't about "WoW binges".

It could easily be Netflix, Xbox, fucking Laser Tag.

If you hold in your shit for 8 hours... that's a problem.

When I was a young lad I was doing 20hr binges and pooped and ate regularly. I turned out fine. There are even people now who are streaming 24hrs and such, they just take regular breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    He should have just did what Cartman did and ask his mom to come downstairs with a bucket.
    Exactly what this reminded me of my friend. Maaa!! Maaa!!!

Cheers

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I had an 8 hour group project binge and didn't need surgery

wuss

What I'm hearing is that modern parents needs there own version of the Darwin awards to properly acknowledge any parent who raises a child so badly there basically destined for death by stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Source

Children are developing long-term health problems because of the time they spend gaming or glued to devices, a leading doctor warned yesterday. Jo Begent, a paediatric consultant, said a boy of ten had come into her surgery with a deformation so severe that at first she believed it was a tumour. Further examination revealed the child had developed a dilated bowel because he had stopped himself from going to the toilet so he could carry on gaming. The boy was playing World of Warcraft, Call of Duty and FIFA for eight hours at a time, Dr Begent said.

Dr Begent, who practises at University College London Hospital, said: 'I was doing my general paediatric clinic one day and a boy walked in, a ten-year-old limping and looking really poorly.'He had a mass coming out of his pelvis and I panicked and wondered if he had a type of cancer.' Checks revealed he had appalling constipation and his bowel had dilated.

'His bladder wall was so thickened,' she said. 'When I took the history in better detail this boy was gaming so much that his bladder and bowel were so deformed because he had stopped going to the loo.' She said he had been so distracted by gaming he had ignored basic bodily urges. Dr Begent, who was addressing the annual conference of the NSPCC, said gaming and social media were increasingly affecting the physical and mental health of youngsters. The issue had 'crept up on us', she warned, with an exponential rise of cases in recent years.

She added: 'The sleep and obesity issues are the things we first started noticing – but these more profound physical health issues are just dawning on us now.' Some children risk their hormones being affected because they are not sleeping enough. In dramatic cases, Dr Begent believes young girls who are ignoring meals to be able to stay glued to their devices could be at risk of stunting their development. She said: 'Hormonal pubertal development can be affected if they are low weight. And indeed obesity can affect pre-pubescent development as well, if you are very obese you can get polycystic ovaries – that might affect your periods.'

Worrying about beating another player on video games such as Fortnite is also damaging children's bodies far more than just a fleeting moment of stress, she warned.

I hate seeing this happen to kids but I have to wonder how does it happen?
    Somebody needs to teach him about poop socks. Kids these days sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I've done a few 30-50 hour ones myself, but I don't forget to eat, drink or go to the toilet. That seems a bit...irresponsible.
    Yeah I usually pull a 48hr binge every expansion release, never had that kind of issue >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    8 hours is nothing...thats a work day. Bad if you absolutely do not move but that seems impossible. This kid had other problems exasperated by the binge, not because of it (which his parents will say).

I don't even know what you'd could do in an 8 hour binge at the end of an expac at the age of 10...

At that age I remember doing a nearly 15 hour Zelda binge, no issues...
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-06-21 at 08:49 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Fucking rookie...

Shit those wowgainz my man you can't play with the big bois

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Yeah I usually pull a 48hr binge every expansion release, never had that kind of issue >.>
    I got to around 96 hours for WOTLK and Cataclysm, but had to stop when i started blacking out at my keyboard and hallucinating.

Still took time to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I got to around 96 hours for WOTLK and Cataclysm, but had to stop when i started blacking out at my keyboard and hallucinating.

Still took time to shit.
    Hah, impressive. 48 is my cap, i'm full zombie at that point.

But yeah, always made time for bathroom breaks and snacks on deck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post

Still took time to shit.
    Hot damn I hope you got server first!

I last until 50 odd hours before crashing and sleeping for 10 odd hours...

I still remember losing server first 80 because I pissed off and slept.

Never again

I didn't used to like pooping at school, and had daycare after. I'd usually hold as long as possible to avoid going and developed constipation and frequent urination/unable to empty bladder fully. Yes I actually am OCD. lol
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Hot damn I hope you got server first!

I last until 50 odd hours before crashing and sleeping for 10 odd hours...

I still remember losing server first 80 because I pissed off and slept.

Never again
    LOL hell no. I'm the kind of moron who would level as prot warrior back when it wasn't good to do. I'd take my time and finish zones completely and never AOE grind mobs or any of that so I lost the race before I began, but I did get into very early dungeon pugs nevertheless because tanks were always in shortage, and I did largely keep ahead of the massive unwashed hordes.

Then I'd start in on my favorite alts, rushing to get them back in front of the hordes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Jesus! I think the longest I ever played was about 40 hours, in BC.
    It helps that with my job of 22 years requiring stretches of 24/7 oncall and vast stretches of wakefulness I am both well accustomed to denying myself sleep, and familiar with ridiculously overcaffeinating myself to achieve semi-consciousness.

I'm not gonna say I remember much of either of those stretches though. It often wasn't until levelling my 2nd or third alt that I would start to vaguely understand/recollect the zone stories I'd now repeatedly played through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    When a man needs a shit, a man will shit!
    If that were true, constipation wouldn't ever be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.