Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Newly Sworn in Officers Shoots Unarmed Teen to Death

A few hours after being sworn in an officer shoots and kills a teen who was running now... running away... citizens do not have the right to shoot a person running away if they've even been caught committing a crime, so remember that. Officers aren't suppose to shoot either unless they pose an imminent threat, which... how could they have known that? In the end

Hours after being sworn in on the local force, a suburban Pittsburgh officer fatally shot an unarmed 17-year-old who ran when police stopped a vehicle that was suspected to be involved in an earlier shooting, authorities said.

A witness to the shooting captured it on video that was posted on Facebook.
    In the video, a police SUV is seen stopped in the middle of the street as another police car pulls up behind it. Two people are seen running from the Chevy Cruze. Within seconds three shots ring out. The runners appear to drop to the ground.
    The woman recording the video says, "Why are they shooting at him?"
    "All they did was run and they're shooting at them," the woman said.

The 20-year-old driver of the vehicle was later released, police said. Authorities are still searching for the other passenger.
    Antwon was unarmed, McDonough told reporters. Two semiautomatic firearms were recovered from the floor of the vehicle, he said.
    McDonough said he was "very confident" the car carrying Antwon was the one involved in the shooting, pointing to "ballistic damage to the rear window."
    Based on witness statements, McDonough said, he believes officers gave Antwon verbal commands, but he didn't know the specific command.
    Now there are ways to apprehend suspects that are running, unless they're running with guns they don't pose enough of a threat to shoot someone running away unarmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    running is dangerous. I would never run from a bullet.

Pulled over a car with bullet holes, suspects fled, officer shot a potentially armed suspect, they found the guns in the vehicle. Maybe after you shoot at people try not running from the police? what did they expect was going to happen?

Who really cares, they were committing a crime and running from the authorities IMO he saved tax payers some change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    Who really cares, they were committing a crime and running from the authorities IMO he saved tax payers some change.
    If you care about living in a free and fair society you should care.

Police are not judge, jury and executioner.

These people were not criminals, you are only a criminal when you are convicted of a crime as part of a fair trial (by your peers).

Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    Pulled over a car with bullet holes, suspects fled, officer shot a potentially armed suspect, they found the guns in the vehicle. Maybe after you shoot at people try not running from the police? what did they expect was going to happen?
    They let the driver go... so something tells me there's more going on.

Also he wasn't running with a weapon which is evident by him not having weapons. You only shoot people when they are a clear threat to others, he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    These people were not criminals, you are only a criminal when you are convicted of a crime as part of a fair trial (by your peers).
    isn't running from a police officer a crime? or can we all just go oh police lol if you want to arrest me come get me!

obviously doesn't warrant shooting him but he probably wasn't innocent either.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    isn't running from a police officer a crime? or can we all just go oh police lol if you want to arrest me come get me!

Running from police is a crime, yes, but Rule of Law is all about being convicted THEN punished. Even if there is no doubt that the person would be convicted, you shouldn't skip that step and go straight to executing someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They let the driver go... so something tells me there's more going on.

Also he wasn't running with a weapon which is evident by him not having weapons. You only shoot people when they are a clear threat to others, he wasn't.
    Maybe the driver wasn't with them? I mean it's very easy to coerce someone into driving for you if you're holding a gun. As for why they shot at them, the car's occupants were suspected to have been involved in a prior shooting so of course they'd assume they were armed if they ran after being pulled over for questioning. What do you expect Police Officers to have X-ray vision and the ability to assess a rapidly escaping suspect that is a potential threat to others? Or maybe you imagine them to politely ask if they're armed as they're running away? In any case, the driver was the smartest of the three.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2018-06-22 at 12:12 AM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

That's one way to pop your cherry.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I used to be like you, then I got over the age of 30 and came to the understanding that if I can reach this point in my life with out being a criminal then there is no excuse for anyone else.

I see there's no link to an article. I assume that was purposely left out.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted

Their guilt is not for the police officer to judge, that is job of a court.

It always amazes me how many people who complain about 'big government tyranny' are so quick to jump.to the defense of police officers who kill civilians...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    I used to be like you, then I got over the age of 30 and came to the understanding that if I can reach this point in my life with out being a criminal then there is no excuse for anyone else.
    So you don't think free trials are an important part of a free society?

It always amazes me how many people who complain about 'big government tyranny' are so quick to jump.to the defense of police officers who kill civilians...
    i don't know but it looks like i did say "obviously doesn't warrant shooting him"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Running from police is a crime, yes, but Rule of Law is all about being convicted THEN punished. Even if there is no doubt that the person would be convicted, you shouldn't skip that step and go straight to executing someone.
    yes thats where the "obviously doesn't warrant shooting him" part comes in i didn't say shoot his ass!

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A sentence would have kickstarted his career as some thug degenerate. By putting him down we skipped a lot of the steps involved.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Deleted
    this guy will make Lieutenant in 2 years!

but they are the police, and running and resisting police only cause issues to become worse, i dont get why its so fucking hard to comply with the police and not do fucking stupid shit and run. Its really this easy to not have any issues, dont run from cops, do what they ask you, dont fight them.

- - - Updated - - -

Its called resisting. We have a cultural opinion right now thats its ok to fight back against police, to resist yell and scream and try and escape if YOU think you didnt do anything wrong.

solid police work and putting a threat down.

- - - Updated - - -

The trials never stopped. But idiots keep resisting police. Its not hard to have no issues with the cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen the video and the cop needs to be criminally charged. Don't care what the guy did that ran, you don't shoot someone in the BACK 3 times. To top it off there was a canine dog right there...all they had to do was let the dog go and the guy wouldn't haven't stood a chance.