Thread: Demo Changes!

Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Hahahaha yeah, shitposting.

This guy said the same about me last expansion. I was really wrong about demon then and probably It will be the same.
    If you shoot a machine gun at a barn some bullets may hit, that’s all I can say about you and your bullshit.

You are literally like all these shitters spamming fake expansion leaks, eventually they will hit the mark and get to proudly declare “I told you so!”. I have no idea why you do this, but I guess you are getting off it or something.

i hope locks suck so nobody plays it and i can always get invited to pugs raid cause i can summon people

Honestly demo lock even with the felguard damage a bit over nerfed still plays fine on PTR. I have my warlock copied and I was doing my normal soloing around argus stuff and you still scythe through everything quickly enough and silver elites go down no fuss or bother. So they seem totally playable now although I suspect they wind up undoing some of the damage nerfs on fel guard before this thing goes live as the tuning passes continue. If nothing else demo looks to be its normal total monster for leveling and PVE stuff and the ramp up time especially if you take inner demons is really lowered and also only needing three shards in hand of guldan for full effect helps speed the pacing up.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Honestly demo lock even with the felguard damage a bit over nerfed still plays fine on PTR. I have my warlock copied and I was doing my normal soloing around argus stuff and you still scythe through everything quickly enough and silver elites go down no fuss or bother. So they seem totally playable now although I suspect they wind up undoing some of the damage nerfs on fel guard before this thing goes live as the tuning passes continue. If nothing else demo looks to be its normal total monster for leveling and PVE stuff and the ramp up time especially if you take inner demons is really lowered and also only needing three shards in hand of guldan for full effect helps speed the pacing up.
    FG was buffed in the last build.

Pets
    Felstorm The Felguard recklessly swings its weapon, striking all nearby targets within 8 yards for [ 11.6% [ 16.5% of Spell Power ] Physical damage every 1 sec for 5 sec. The Felguard cannot take any other action during Felstorm. Special Ability. 60 Energy. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.
    Legion Strike A strong attack that deals [ 23.8% [ 34% of Spell Power ] damage to all enemies in front of it, and reduces the effectiveness of any healing the victim receives by 10% for 6 sec. (Right-Click to toggle) Requires Weapon. Basic Attack. 60 Energy. Melee range. Instant. 1 sec global cooldown.

What talents are you running for leveling in beta? And why i see in forums the "imp swarm" skill but in game not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It's the first tuning pass, whatever. We'll be brought into line soon enough.
    It's only beta!

I also don't believe that we're that far behind.
    Some of the problem is caused by demo being a dot spec - it takes time to get all your stuff up and running and this means that you invariably trail burst classes particularly on short-lived mobs

It's even worse for affliction

Amazingly the devs highlighted rampup time as a particular problem in Legion and how it was getting hard to make dot-and-ramp classes remain relevant, but they've done very little to address the problem. In fact for aff they made it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by huerohueroxxx View Post
    What talents are you running for leveling in beta? And why i see in forums the "imp swarm" skill but in game not?
    Most of the talents I have played with seem pretty solid. I really like inner demons when soloing. It is nice to start fights with a couple imps up makes for much faster ramp up and random chance in combat to get some pretty hilarious pets to show up. I am still up in the air a bit with nether portal but if you can work it right and drop the tyrant you can potentially extend the duration of a bunch of demons for a pretty hilarious demonic swarm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    It's only beta!

Some of the problem is caused by demo being a dot spec - it takes time to get all your stuff up and running and this means that you invariably trail burst classes particularly on short-lived mobs

It's even worse for affliction

Amazingly the devs highlighted rampup time as a particular problem in Legion and how it was getting hard to make dot-and-ramp classes remain relevant, but they've done very little to address the problem. In fact for aff they made it worse.
    There is still ramp up time but I find it to be a lot less than in legion. You can basically start with some imps up with inner demons you only need 3 shards and a bunch of the talents help with this as well. There is a talent you can sacrifice a couple imps to charge up your demon bolt instant cast once every 30 seconds and with inner demons out you start with a couple imps out so if you want some spike damage to start it works. But like all dot specs it shines more on longer fights especially with them putting the extend duration of time back on demonic commander. If you get your timing right you can really get some crazy bursts of damage in your burst window.

No, but they fixed the clear bug. Do you honestly think that they want all the work that they've put into demonology to be wasted? Do you honestly think that no more tuning will be done? Or are you just looking for a fight?
    you are definitively new around here

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your anecdotal evidence, we are very glad you can still solo stuff

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see how this is relevant when all the signs indicate that they do want us to play demonology. You don't waste tons of devtime reworking a spec that you want nobody to play.
    dude, every single expansion they heavily rework demo, every single expansion it ends being crappy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    dude, every single expansion they heavily rework demo, every single expansion it ends being crappy
    This is a little of what they are talking about. Hyperbole. Demo hasn't had a major rework every expansion and hasn't been crap for every expansion.

That video quote is taken out of context almost everytime it is posted so people can hate on blizzard and blame them pretty much everything. Given your use of hyperbole that misuse is lost on you.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I really do think that this setup for Demo is going to work out better than past iterations in any case. The spec always does have ramp up, but unlike Affliction, that ramp up has the capability to transfer between targets so long as one has died. Applying implosion also gives an option for a fast target switch which skilled warlocks will likely talent into Power Siphon for fights that require target switching. Essentially doing Power Siphon-> Implosion, and then begin normal rotation while being guaranteed 3 to 6 imps because of the use of Power Siphon. The imps imploding can trigger further procs for faster ramp up as well. I think what I enjoy most about Demo is how much your rotation varies based on your talents and the skill in knowing where they are best utilized.

Quote Originally Posted by huerohueroxxx View Post
    Power Siphon, Soul Strike, and Imp Swarm are all great. The Warmode talent Master Summoner also feels amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    Power Siphon, Soul Strike, and Imp Swarm are all great. The Warmode talent Master Summoner also feels amazing.
    So much so it should be baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    So much so it should be baseline.
    But then how would they force us into participating in world pvgankfest??

Deleted
    Bearing in mind that if you're on the PTR with a Legion-geared Demo lock you have haste out of your eyeballs. 111-120 you'll be hemorrhaging that haste, and you won't ever make it back to the point you are now because of linear secondary stat scaling in BFA. Thinking its fine now because you're at 30-40% haste sadly doesn't mean anything at all, especially from a ramping time perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    But then how would they force us into participating in world pvgankfest??
    You probably won't anyways since it's basically a bonus mode for rogues, paladins, warriors, DK's and VDH/BDK tanks.

Why they're giving PvE relevant bonuses for a completely imbalanced world pvp mode that completely shits on any caster that isn't a mage is beyond me.

Deleted
    World PVP basically turns it into a giant RBG only there won;t even be any mechanism for balancing the sizes of opposing factions, let alone the composition of them.

My guess is that most people will find out quickly that the best thing to do is to turn it off and just level a bit slower. Personally I think War Mode is a really bad idea. Didn;t the devs actually say they couldn;t understand why people didn;t chose to do world PVP?

The answer is simple, it can be a completely miserable experience of getting permanently ganked, griefed, and all helped along by the fact that there are massive differences in how good or bad classes are at it.

As said above, it will be heaven for melee and hell for casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    World PVP basically turns it into a giant RBG only there won;t even be any mechanism for balancing the sizes of opposing factions, let alone the composition of them.

My guess is that most people will find out quickly that the best thing to do is to turn it off and just level a bit slower. Personally I think War Mode is a really bad idea. Didn;t the devs actually say they couldn;t understand why people didn;t chose to do world PVP?

The answer is simple, it can be a completely miserable experience of getting permanently ganked, griefed, and all helped along by the fact that there are massive differences in how good or bad classes are at it.

As said above, it will be heaven for melee and hell for casters.
    It's not just about leveling slower. It's the loss of PVP talents that really makes your class feel less fun. Warlocks (and most classes) get back a bunch of their abilities they've had since vanilla as pvp talents. And a few of the talents really make the specs feel more fun. After turning war mode on, playing with the extra abilities, then turning it back off you feel broken/like you're missing stuff.

As soon as the game releases, you will be able to take advantage of war mode for leveling though. At least initially while factions are separated by continent. After that, it is up to you whether you consider the bonuses and incentives worth it to have war mode active. It could be more time consuming, but in the end you will get ahead of others in doing so. I likely will have it off after leveling my main as all things eventually reach a point where you even out with other players and usually you won't be that far behind as is.

Only if you force yourself to level within the first 24 hours. Past that, the no life gankers will be 120 and purposely getting their jollies by ganking leveling characters. It's exactly what happened on the alpha.

Deleted
    Doom Inflicts impending doom upon the target, causing [ 160% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage after 30 sec. If Doom kills the target, there is a [ 160% of Spell Power ]% chance to summon a Doomguard to fight for you for 25 sec. Generates 1 Soul Shard when dealing damage. Demonology Warlock - Level 30 Talent. 1% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant.
    Going to go ahead and assume thats a datamining error in the new build, not an attempt to get us to summon a dozen doomguards at once