Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    If I want to eat dog. No judge should stop me. I wish the koreans would get a backbone and stop pandering to the West (Read: America). This is cultural colonialism, that is, forcing your supposedly superior cultural morality on other cultures.

Deleted
    Eating dogs is just plain wrong.

Just eat cats, they're assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese and onion View Post
    As if "pushing our culture" on to other countries is bad if they're doing something bad.
    Eating animals is neither good nor bad. Stop injecting your false morality and stop virtue signalling. If anything pigs and cows which are the bread and butter of the meat industry cause a bigger harm to the planet and contribute more to climate change than eating the occasional dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Really stupid. Dogs shouldn't have any special protections compared to other animals. Why are these animal rights activists (and anyone else) not complaining about the killing of pigs, cows and chickens for meat?
    As an animal rights activist, we do complain all the others. But we're also not going to turn up our noses at legislation that makes it illegal to eat an animal either. Just type, "why love one but eat the other?" in google.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    As an animal rights activist, we do complain all the others. But we're also not going to turn up our noses at legislation that makes it illegal to eat an animal either. Just type, "why love one but eat the other?" in google.
    In other words you are a hypocrite who probably still eats McDonalds on the side.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's stupid... as long as they are bred for food and killed humanely (quickly and as painlessly as possible) I don't see why they shouldn't be eaten...

Make it illegal to eat random dogs you find on the street or steal people's dogs to eat them...

And I'm saying this as someone that has a dog and will continue having dogs as a companion for the foreseeable future because they are awesome... but we have to accept that sometimes our morality isn't right (no morality is right, it's subjective) and we shouldn't expect other cultures to adhere to our morality.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    In other words you are a hypocrite who probably still eats McDonalds on the side.
    In other words, I'm vegan. Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I think it's stupid... as long as they are bred for food and killed humanely (quickly and as painlessly as possible) I don't see why they shouldn't be eaten...

Make it illegal to eat random dogs you find on the street or steal people's dogs to eat them...

And I'm saying this as someone that has a dog and will continue having dogs as a companion for the foreseeable future because they are awesome... but we have to accept that sometimes our morality isn't right (no morality is right, it's subjective) and we shouldn't expect other cultures to adhere to our morality.
    Best post in this thread. Nobody's morality trumps someone else's.

Deleted
    Why? Cows are sacred in India does that mean I should stop having steak? So long as the animal isn't endangered or an actual human I really don't see why people care. I wouldn't cat but I don't begrudge any culture that does.

Edit: also if the animal is owned by another individual.
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-06-22 at 11:17 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But can we still kill dogs because they are pests and then eat the meat?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    But can we still kill dogs because they are pests and then eat the meat?
    I wouldn't. I kill rats, but sure as hell am not going to eat one. I would if I was starving of course. I would kill a dog I feel is a harmful threat however.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    https://www.afp.com/en/news/205/kill...rt-doc-16b8g72

i wish more countries would do like this or enforce laws against it when they have them...

- - - Updated - - -
    @Jinro what u think about this?
    What makes a dog more special than any other animal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What makes a dog more special than any other animal?
    The reasons they were breed down thru history for. As companions when hunting, fellowship and as war, guard dogs. Of course this applies to horses too. However, now they ( horses ) are not as important for most. But the dog still is used for things we bred them for.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Pretty hypocritical, eat animals or don't, but don't make it dependant on the amount of fluffyness. Not to mention that this shouldn't be decided by a court anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    maybe in your culture. not everywhere though. Hell cows are the best example of that.
    Breeding dogs for companionship is way older than Hinduism and their cow worshiping.

Someone posted a picture of a dwarf pig pet.

I will visualise this for you all.

There is just a much difference between:

THIS

And THIS:

As there is between:

THIS:

And THIS:

Two of them are created specifically for companionship, the other one is created specifically as FOOD.
    This is what makes dogs special. It is a companion animal, bred to be human companions. Separated from wolves to become human compansions way before they were used as food by poor farmers who had no other option.

Can people stop asking what makes dogs special?
    You just look stupid by asking that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The reasons they were breed down thru history for. As companions when hunting, fellowship and as war, guard dogs. Of course this applies to horses too. However, now they ( horses ) are not as important for most. But the dog still is used for things we bred them for.
    And in some cultures they are bread for meat and it's not like we don't have an over abundance of dogs, there is 0 reasons not to eat one other than how you feel. I wouldn't personally eat one because it sounds gross but if I was raised in a culture that ate them I would probably feel different and I see no reason to force my belief on someone else when it doesn't hurt anyone.

The only people who have a "dog" in this fight are vegans, anyone else is just a hypocrite pushing their beliefs on others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    Do you seriously cannot figure out the difference between pigs and dogs?

Dogs are engineered species by human over thousands of years as tools. Human over decades upon decades decide which dogs can live and which dog die (by refusing to take them as pets). This leads to dogs developing characteristics that does nothing but please human, like chiwawa.
    Interesting that you mention chihuahua, Hernan Cortes wrote in the 16th century that the Aztecs used them for food.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    And in some cultures they are bread for meat and it's not like we don't have an over abundance of dogs, there is 0 reasons not to eat one other than how you feel. I wouldn't personally eat one because it sounds gross but if I was raised in a culture that ate them I would probably feel different and I see no reason to force my belief on someone else when it doesn't hurt anyone.

The only people who have a "dog" in this fight are vegans, anyone else is just a hypocrite pushing their beliefs on others.
    I do not disagree basically with your points. But with myself, they are special and most people in a lot of countries and cultures, think they are also. We already force or prevent people here in the US to do or keep from doing, things some think is not wrong. One would be multiple wives. In Some cultures, it is acceptable. But I do agree those in other countries, if they endorse eating dogs, that is their business. But I certainly am not going to endorse it.