Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    its attached to your battle.net id not your character they need to be reports from separate battle.net id's

also if your paying for 2 wow accounts on the 1 battle.net account you can only use that to report a player a single time

i've run many many tests wasted a bunch of money on it

im kinda pissed that Blizzard would even implement such policies and automatic ban systems into the game its @#%@ing Overwatch fault the GM's cant see abuse over voice chat so hey lets just auto ban people based on the number of reports and apply that to all blizzard games because the GM's use the same policy for every game
    Oh, so now you're adding conditions to it, so it's automated but for some reason is specifically set up to ignore reports from yourself? And supposedly it only counts one report per bnet account?

So clearly you're talking out of your ass, because one of the arguments for it being automated is that multiboxers can report you by using all their toons, which are generally going to be on the same bnet account, but somehow that doesn't count as one report and gets you autobanned?

Honestly, from just your posts in this forum you're sounding pretty toxic, so I can see why you got the silence

if i ever play again ill make sure to @#%^ing record everything in a attempt to educate dumb players into how its possible to be silenced for doing nothing wrong its 100% based on the "Community deciding" aka 10 players reporting you
    As soon as you yelled "kit is bad," that was enough to legitimize a silence. That's harassment. It doesn't matter if you felt it was harassment, it doesn't even matter if kit felt it was harassment. It only matters that other people that could see it viewed it as harassment. The fact that you can't see that is your problem, not Blizzard's.

The rest of it is quite clearly you making an ass out of yourself stirring up trouble. I see no reason for Blizzard to reverse their decision on that silence.

---

As far as automated silences. Yes, it probably is automated after X reports. I'd also be willing to bet that it is GM reviewed, but that review probably happens in less than 5 seconds (if even that long in most cases). I can pretty much assure people that the review process pretty much goes something like the GM seeing something like this:

Reported for harassment - [Y] [Danish]: kit is bad
    [ Uphold Silence ] [ Reverse Silence ]

If I were a GM, I'd certainly uphold the silence. They probably go through hundreds or thousands of those in an hour, so unless its just 100% unequivocally undeserving of a silence, they're going to push it through. You can then appeal it from there.

Nooo, the silence isn't automatic. They're just gonna let you keep spamming a chat, you've been reported in, until a GM is able to look at it....Of course the silence is automatic. If you're being a nuisance they need to shut you up until they can deal with it.

The crap about this is why I stopped watching Asmongold back in WoD, when he had 40+ people report him at the same time, then began bitching when he got silenced.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2018-06-20 at 11:47 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    People will defend Blizzard and blindly blame you if you get silenced no matter what.

Unless you've actually had this happen to you before, you'll probably just blindly believe Blizzard manually reviews every silence action made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard policy is to allow the player base to decide who gets banned via the report system its all automatic now there are no real appeals when it comes to silence the default policy is if the player is reported they deserve to be silenced

the "Community decides" not the GM's they will tell you over and over and over

it took over 12 hours for this silence to be removed its all automatic there is no review before its applied to the account if someone is telling you its reviewed they are mistaken or deliberately lying to you in a attempt to avoid letting players know its extremely vulnerable to being abused

the silence in this screenshot is in reference to a 5th silence i revived within a 1 week period players has been abusing the report function the GM's did not remove any of the silences on my account even though there was evidence of people abusing the report system

the GM admits there are people falsely reporting me but keeps the chat ban on my account

some context for this screenshot bad mouthing = something like "your guild is bad"

the system is horrible its all automatic and the GM's have the policy to never remove silences even if no rules or policies were broken unless its a special case

its because of voice chat in games like Overwatch there is no way for a GM to review what was said on voice chat so they use automated bans nothing is reviewed unless you send in a ticket

all blizzard games use the same policies sadly WoW has been infected by cancer from overwatch
    I know where it originated from and why, and I am still not hating it. I've only know two for being silenced, and one had it appealed while the other admits he deserved it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Blizzard wont even tell you what was reported when you get silenced without breaking the ToS

they will keep going out of their way to avoid showing you the messages that have been reported if i ran this silence system i would have all 10 reports before the automatic silence (without who reported you of course) over all my 5 silences in WoW 0 messages ive said were shown i know i dont break any ToS rules thats why they were never shown

instead they will say "unnecessary chatter"

in HoTs i break the ToS all the time and when ive been silenced in Hots the messages were shown =P

- - - Updated - - -

lol yep its kind of weird people don't even want to accept its an automated system even though its been proven and can be tested

these jokers are trying to tell me my last silence was justified for saying "kit is bad" kit is one of my best friends in wow im a hardcore ToS breaker man my account should be perm banned i guess for joking around with my friend calling her bad in /yell
    Its blizzards push to pander to people who don't really like video games nor other people in their mmos. The one time I had a report in tbc they clearly listed what I said. I didn't get a weird obtuse wall of text. It's weird that the tos changed to allow them to ban you for what you say on Twitter but it seem they drank the kool aid as of late.

It seems as time goes on, more and more are finding out how its an automated system where it takes X reports and the penalty is applied immediately, without review, unless an appeal is made. Plus its a penalty that never decays and is permanent for the life of the account. As this knowledge spreads, it will be used more as a weapon for sure
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2018-06-22 at 08:18 AM.

they create a system that's perfect to bully players in the name of fighting toxicity

South Park explains it in the bully busters episode if you have seen it =D
    Pretty much... I find it strange how the internet evolved. I remember the days of early 4chan where everyone was a fag and women didn't exist. It is at least what they say is their eutophia everyone was the same. Everyone's opinion counted for the same and discrimination wasn't even possible.

Now they push harder and harder for a list of words you cant say and they drag their real life hang ups and problems into the internet like a dog dragging its ass across the floor for what God damn purpose?

They actively hate what they claim to want and their actions all seem to revolve around controlling what other people do. We are poorer as a society for not mocking them to they ran away in shame rather then listen to a single word they said.

why would you make an ass out of yourself and assume something like that?

i clearly said nothing i have done was against the ToS that's why the GM's keep referring to the "Community" making the decision on who gets silenced

you can be silenced for saying something like "Lisa needs bracers" a single time in general chat if 10 people report you and the GM's will up hold the silence unless all 10 reports come from the same guild

btw everyone the threshold for the automatic silence is 10 players you can can test in game by asking people to report you because its a INSTANT disconnect then you will log back in and find yourself silenced

10 reports over something like a 24 hour period

i created new accounts and paid for legion on them to run a bunch of tests

this screenshot is not from one of my tests its just me explaining how the silence system works in game the more people who learn about how easy it is to silence people you disagree with that don't break any Blizzard policies
    10 players reported me once i had explained it just 2 clicks each that's all it takes............

- - - Updated - - -

stop being so ignorant.... zero silence reports are reviewed unless an appeal is made
    The GM himself said in his response that some of the reports were completely justified and that you violated the ToS.

Why bother even lying about it?
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

nothing i said even came close to violating the ToS picardheadslap.jpg

also don't worry i kept asking and asking opening up new tickets contacting different staff to ask them along the lines of "can you please show me what was reported so i can avoid doing it in the future thank you" their response to this was you have committed the offence of "unnecessary chatter" or "attention seeking"

with "attention seeking" i could understand that breaking the ToS in the context of me trying to get the attention of another player (but that never happened)
    i only ever spoke about myself and never referenced or directed anything i said towards another player

one Blizzard staff member did say i was banned for saying "i am Daish" inside general chat for a raid dungeon (i said it a single time) + (this was also after i was told my silence was for saying Daish Daish Daish once in trade chat then going to do a mythic+ dungeon then after the dungeon i came back to Dalaran and said "Daish Daish Daish" again in trade chat so i was making sure to avoid ever repeating something more then once a day sigh...) anyway he tried to tell me if players think the message is unnecessary and it gets reported that's a legit reason to be silenced

you can see one of the silences i was talking in /say not trade or general i was going out of my way to avoid talking in general and trade chat after the 4th silence... the screenshot where im getting banned for talking in /yell and /say chat was my 5th silence

in reference to the public ToS its just gibberish they add to almost every ticket
    Sure buddy, We all believe you.

Enjoy your silence. I know the rest of the your server will.

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Sure buddy, We all believe you.

Enjoy your silence. I know the rest of the your server will.
    I believe him... my experience with blizzard though is actually needing to link the entire tos and go by it point by point to remove bans at least on their forums.

The last one I had to fight was saying the group had every right to kick a person who died from the rolling rocks in brh after refusing to release.

Some of blizzards staff goes overboard I never have had any issues in the game itself proper but with how poor their house keeping is at this point I am more then willing to believe they are overzealous. The whole overwatch trainwreck highlights how absurd the company is willing to go. Banning over Twitter posts and a top ranking player for picking the "wrong" champ.

I don't know why anyone would deal with blizzard in good faith at this point it feels more like a hostage negotiation to get the content I want rather then a consumer and supplier. I actively refuse to use the official forums at this point save when they ask for pointed feedback I can't enter in a beta feedback window.

No matter what you say from here on it's quite obvious that you're (just a hint) the problem Daish. If the silences are automatic, as you claim, they're probably working as intended and working in our favour. If 10 people find you annoying in a chat channel it most likely mean that you're actually being an annoyance, and once you remember that this is a game for everyone to have a good time in and not primarily a game for you to have fun trolling others in maybe, just maybe, you'll start to understand and accept your silences.

It's not like the silences prevent you from playing the game, they just prevent you from being that annoying guy in public chat channels. Get over it!

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    No matter what you say from here on it's quite obvious that you're (just a hint) the problem Daish. If the silences are automatic, as you claim, they're probably working as intended and working in our favour. If 10 people find you annoying in a chat channel it most likely mean that you're actually being an annoyance, and once you remember that this is a game for everyone to have a good time in and not primarily a game for you to have fun trolling others in maybe, just maybe, you'll start to understand and accept your silences.

It's not like the silences prevent you from playing the game, they just prevent you from being that annoying guy in public chat channels. Get over it!
    I have a feeling that when your own tools are turned against you that your the type that will scream bloody murder.

i showed you screenshots of what i was saying before a few of the silences

what kind of proof do you want exactly? its not my fault im one of the most famous players on my server i haven't done anything wrong

here is another it happened during a boss fight and you can see players asking others to report me in the general chat

if i ever play WoW again ill screenshot every second i chat or record / stream myself whenever i am online ill give you a $5000 prize if you can find anything i said that breaks the ToS
    You got silenced.
    You appealed.
    Blizzard reviewed your case and upheld the silence.

Blizzard gains nothing from banning you for no reason.

#wwgd

Deleted
    Everyone knows it's automated, blizzard doesn't read all comments that get reported, that would cost them millions in extra employee costs.

It's only in some cases that they add a gm review to automated sanctions.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2018-06-23 at 04:08 PM.

Blizzard are a bunch of fucking nazis, which is ironic in a historical sense since their head people are mostly jews.

You have Mike Morhaime talking during the MOP reveal how we're all a big family and there for each other, then you point out how their report system is more flawed and prohibitive than being a woman in the Middle East and they pretend like nothing happened, delete threads, ban people, sweep it under the rug.

Ignorance is strength, have your gin and 20g of chocolate ration and shut the fuck up.

I've performed the same test of reporting people for nothing in HOTS and got them silenced because enough of us did it, made a massively detailed thread about it on the official forums, got a ton of support and the thread...disappeared. Not locked, not replied to, just fucking gone.

You also have to realize, people posting on forums such as MMO C are sometimes Blizzard employees. Yes, companies pay customer service employees to go on major forums, create a "reputable" posting character, and undermine any criticism done to their game and its systems. It's practically one of the easiest jobs in the world, and if you tell this to most people they go "OOOOH YOU'RE JUST A CONSPIRACY THEORIST WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING?".

Hello? Are you fucking kdding me? From stock manipulation to election manipulation you think a bit of PR manipulation for a billion $ game company is that hard to believe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Everyone knows it's automated, blizzard doesn't read all comments that get reported, that would cost them millions in extra employee costs.
    For a company that makes 1 billion + /year from WoW subs and service costs alone, I think they can probably fucking handle it.

You've been saying this rubbish for as long as I've seen you in game, annoying the shit out of people. It was annoying in WotLK, its annoying now. Pretty much everyone dislikes you, thats why you get silenced.

... Did people really not know silences are automated? Really??

Multiple streamers proved they were when the system was put in place by having a bunch of people report something like "hello" and them getting silence almost immediately.

Even then, it's literally the same system currently put in place for HotS, which was proven long ago that it's automated.

If you actually thought Activision-Blizzard wasn't lying when they said they don't do automated silencing, then I have a beautiful bridge in Manhattan that i'd love to sell you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Blizzard are a bunch of fucking nazis, which is ironic in a historical sense since their head people are mostly jews.

You have Mike Morhaime talking during the MOP reveal how we're all a big family and there for each other, then you point out how their report system is more flawed and prohibitive than being a woman in the Middle East and they pretend like nothing happened, delete threads, ban people, sweep it under the rug.

Ignorance is strength, have your gin and 20g of chocolate ration and shut the fuck up.

I've performed the same test of reporting people for nothing in HOTS and got them silenced because enough of us did it, made a massively detailed thread about it on the official forums, got a ton of support and the thread...disappeared. Not locked, not replied to, just fucking gone.

You also have to realize, people posting on forums such as MMO C are sometimes Blizzard employees. Yes, companies pay customer service employees to go on major forums, create a "reputable" posting character, and undermine any criticism done to their game and its systems. It's practically one of the easiest jobs in the world, and if you tell this to most people they go "OOOOH YOU'RE JUST A CONSPIRACY THEORIST WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING?".

Hello? Are you fucking kdding me? From stock manipulation to election manipulation you think a bit of PR manipulation for a billion $ game company is that hard to believe?

- - - Updated - - -

For a company that makes 1 billion + /year from WoW subs and service costs alone, I think they can probably fucking handle it.
    Can yes, but want to? No. No company really reviews chat reports in general, unless it's very severe where they have to send it to the authorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    I was reading the blue tracker and saw the one about "Why is silencing a thing?" After reading it I jumped to the official forums to read some of the other responses and I saw that Ythisens response had been edited from to by someone else "Bornakk".

The difference is the removal of the sentence "I'd also like to remind everyone that again, the silence is not automatic. Every single one of them is reviewed by a Game Master before the penalty is actually applied." This implies that the silences are indeed automated.

Now I don't disagree with the automation, but I don't think it have been confirmed elsewhere before?
    It is automatic after a certain count. Game masters dont bother reviewing it, and leave it to an automatic process. Saves time and personnel.

You can appeal it, if its justified, but need to spam gamemasters for them to actually see it, otherwise you will only get an automated message.

Avoid /chat in general.

- - - Updated - - -

so i guess your blind and cant see the GM's constantly saying its not them making the choice

do you understand what "unnecessary chatter" refers to?? there is nothing in the ToS about it if i had broken the ToS they would not refer to it as "Unnecessary chatter"

- - - Updated - - -

next time your having a fight with people in trade chat let everyone know if 10 people click on your name and select report language you will be instantly kicked out of the game and silenced

it has not happened to you because most players don't understand the power has been given to them

anyway let me know how that turns out for you
    In Blizzards policy, any "disturbing" chatter can get you silenced. So the definition is broad enough to justify anything. Just avoid the temptation altogether.

A multiboxer at this point can silence you instantly if "it" wanted to.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”