Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    overpowered consumables are the worst idea ever when it comes to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    You can't have perfect wow pvper because it is and will always be a tack on until you redesign the engine around it.
    That's just completely false.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Best world PvPer
    Legend
    Has to use over power potion to compete.

Once the game is gone.. what are you too the world.

Neither a legend ( I’ve never heard of you) nor a great world PvPer.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolvik View Post
    Did you just name yourself a legend and the world's best PvPer?
    I think that was a joke, he's just famous PvPer from MMO-Champ that makes a few threads about PvP weekly.

I'm not saying that he's wrong/stupid, I actually think that he wants something good for PvP, which is completely acceptable by me(I like PvP also).

Deleted
    The World Best PvPer ... Hahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    The World Best PvPer ... Hahahahaha.
    Thats not what he said, learn to read. But regardless, shit thread by bad player. Chugging pots to make him less awful and playing a tank in BG's.

I have to agree with some of the things (not really "in the know" when it comes to PVP anymore as I don't PVP like I used to back in Vanilla ( First to Rank 13 on my Server back in the day!)), specially the Bounty system.

I've always mentioned it'd be interesting to have it added to the game, however, the current implementation is lacking anything meaningful to make it interesting.
    There are no actual rewards from it, and in a game that is so reward-driven like WoW, that will put off a lot of people.

Something that just came to mind while typing this. Maybe add an elite Mob that PVP flagged players can loot for very tiny rewards but Bounty-marked players would get full Rewards from the enemy?
    This will make PVP in a zone dynamic (As the mob could spawn anywhere), generate conflict (multiply Bounty-marked players in the same area) and lastly, a reward at the end.

The rewards or what that would entail is a different discussion in itself entirely. But yeah.
    Last edited by MauroDiogo; 2018-06-23 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blysto View Post
    That's just completely false.
    In what possible way?

In what possible way?
    It has nothing to do with the engine.

Siege War. They could implement some objectives in parts of the maps (like the RvR lakes in Warhammer Online).

I don't see how that saltwater potion thing would help underpowered classes in any way considering OP classes can use them too.... And in fact they'd actually just make the OP classes even more OP in comparison to underpowered classes beacuse a 30% increase on top of 2million is more than a 30% increase on top of 1.5million (example numbers).

Open world PvP will never truly work, simply because there is no balance and no structure. World PvP by and large is defined precisely by how unfair it is - you get ganked unawares, you get farmed by groups, you get cheesed by some world mechanic, whatever. A minority of it is fair and balanced PvP, because why would anyone do that if they could stack the advantage in their favor instead.

The only way world PvP would work was if all the participants were willing and alert at all times, essentially turning the world into one big BG. But that's just not reality, because people go into the world to quest, or farm, or whatever, not to seriously PvP.

EDIT: Also a special laugh at the idea that "OP consumables" would make things more fair because it gives underdogs a chance - and it totally would never be abused by certain setups to create even more unfair scenarios. Never. Trust me.

7+ Year Old Account
    To your points Shadow:

1. The potions will work if they can only be used by the classes that don’t specialize in their effect. So only tanks and healers can use the DPS one, DPS can use the heal and tank one, etc. Otherwise an already overpowered class could just pop a saltwater potion and wreck for 12 seconds. With this system you could still have cool moments by tricking people into thinking you’re just a silly little healer then popping it and surprising them on the meters.

2. I would be surprised if this isn’t already planned. I do believe you get a damage and health buff, which essentially transforms you into a elite mob, which is cool. Plus by just having the bounty on your head more players will come to you, and the buff will let you kill more of them, which means more conquest for you. So in effect you DO get more conquest.

When it comes to facilitiating a bounty hunting community, they HAVE to make sure that you do not receive a count towards a bounty on your head for killing a player with a bounty. In addition, they need to make the reward for killing bounty-marked players better than normal players, or give a unique “mark” of some kind that can be turned in for cool good guy rewards.

3. My idea still stands from one of your older threads: we need two factions, one for assassins and one for bounty hunters. They don’t even need to be very complex, but that constant progression they could provide could be really cool.

Plus, my idea of having the assassin faction only be accessable when you actually have the bounty would work so well now. It would mean in order to use the vendors and items you would have to travel by foot/ground mount to the assassin base, therefore leading to these tense moments where hunters try to follow the bounty back to their base and just barely miss/fail. You could even have assassins collect “marks” too, in the form of heads/fingers/ears which they can turn into the base, but if they are killed are all dropped on the corpse, upping the risk reward factor, and providing diminishing returns on staying out and about as an assassin for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Blizzard take notes from the legend himself, Shadowpunkz, the best World PvP'er in the world.
    What the..?!

It has nothing to do with the engine.
    Yes it most certainly does... it's why pillar humping plays such a vital role.. wows engine isn't designed for pvp combat. The closest game I can think of that is similar is league or dota.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbleton View Post
    To your points Shadow:

1. The potions will work if they can only be used by the classes that don’t specialize in their effect. So only tanks and healers can use the DPS one, DPS can use the heal and tank one, etc. Otherwise an already overpowered class could just pop a saltwater potion and wreck for 12 seconds. With this system you could still have cool moments by tricking people into thinking you’re just a silly little healer then popping it and surprising them on the meters.

2. I would be surprised if this isn’t already planned. I do believe you get a damage and health buff, which essentially transforms you into a elite mob, which is cool. Plus by just having the bounty on your head more players will come to you, and the buff will let you kill more of them, which means more conquest for you. So in effect you DO get more conquest.

When it comes to facilitiating a bounty hunting community, they HAVE to make sure that you do not receive a count towards a bounty on your head for killing a player with a bounty. In addition, they need to make the reward for killing bounty-marked players better than normal players, or give a unique “mark” of some kind that can be turned in for cool good guy rewards.

3. My idea still stands from one of your older threads: we need two factions, one for assassins and one for bounty hunters. They don’t even need to be very complex, but that constant progression they could provide could be really cool.

Plus, my idea of having the assassin faction only be accessable when you actually have the bounty would work so well now. It would mean in order to use the vendors and items you would have to travel by foot/ground mount to the assassin base, therefore leading to these tense moments where hunters try to follow the bounty back to their base and just barely miss/fail. You could even have assassins collect “marks” too, in the form of heads/fingers/ears which they can turn into the base, but if they are killed are all dropped on the corpse, upping the risk reward factor, and providing diminishing returns on staying out and about as an assassin for too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    I have to agree with some of the things (not really "in the know" when it comes to PVP anymore as I don't PVP like I used to back in Vanilla ( First to Rank 13 on my Server back in the day!)), specially the Bounty system.

I've always mentioned it'd be interesting to have it added to the game, however, the current implementation is lacking anything meaningful to make it interesting.
    There are no actual rewards from it, and in a game that is so reward-driven like WoW, that will put off a lot of people.

Something that just came to mind while typing this. Maybe add an elite Mob that PVP flagged players can loot for very tiny rewards but Bounty-marked players would get full Rewards from the enemy?
    This will make PVP in a zone dynamic (As the mob could spawn anywhere), generate conflict (multiply Bounty-marked players in the same area) and lastly, a reward at the end.

The rewards or what that would entail is a different discussion in itself entirely. But yeah.
    Those are really cool ideas

To the rest of the people, i was ofcourse just joking around when i made the thread. No, im not the best in the world i suck

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I don't see how that saltwater potion thing would help underpowered classes in any way considering OP classes can use them too.... And in fact they'd actually just make the OP classes even more OP in comparison to underpowered classes beacuse a 30% increase on top of 2million is more than a 30% increase on top of 1.5million (example numbers).
    From my experience with the Saltwater Potion, its very rare to see other people use it. Extremely rare.
    At least the underdogs will have a fighting chance against people who do not use the potion...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    What the..?!
    I was joking around dude. Im not delusional, i know i suck

Deleted
    World pvp is looking great already. The only way they could make it better is if they disable flying once you toggle on war mode. (When it is unlocked)

Yes it most certainly does... it's why pillar humping plays such a vital role.. wows engine isn't designed for pvp combat. The closest game I can think of that is similar is league or dota.
    Piller humping is to avoid dmg/cc, which is part of the pvp and part of the skill base. A player has to know when to hide

MMOC and absurd weekend threads, is there a more iconic duo?

Guess Blessonline didn't really make it, uh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    MMOC and absurd weekend threads, is there a more iconic duo?

Guess Blessonline didn't really make it, uh?
    No way im passing on the one expansion that reworked world pvp. This is one for the history books.

Piller humping is to avoid dmg/cc, which is part of the pvp and part of the skill base. A player has to know when to hide
    He's talking about pillow humping like fog of war juking hasn't been a thing since the 1990's