Poll: Which Nelves?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I approve of this. Gimme antlers, leaves, and flowers for customization options!
    Would love to play an antlered druid with a giant, leaf-filled beard and the second-to-last face tattoo option!

I wish Blizzard brought Maiev back in BfA, she seems to be the only night elf that's not a complete pushover now. I would really love to see her wage cruel, barbaric guerilla attacks on Horde forces in Northern Kalimdor with the rest of the Wardens and maybe even some of their old allies like ancient guardians, Treants, furbolgs, dark trolls (maybe there are tribes beyond the Shadowtooth?), chimeras and faerie dragons. Maybe even have the more militant/less goody draenei factions like the Lightforged and Ashtongue join in.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    I wish Blizzard brought Maiev back in BfA, she seems to be the only night elf that's not a complete pushover now. I would really love to see her wage cruel, barbaric guerilla attacks on Horde forces in Northern Kalimdor with the rest of the Wardens and maybe even some of their old allies like ancient guardians, Treants, furbolgs, dark trolls (maybe there are tribes beyond the Shadowtooth?), chimeras and faerie dragons. Maybe even have the more militant/less goody draenei factions like the Lightforged and Ashtongue join in.
    Watchers just need to go full on Thalmor mode and take over as nelves governing body. Malfy and Tyrande just aren't cutting it anymore.

Maiev for new Azshara pls

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Watchers just need to go full on Thalmor mode and take over as nelves governing body. Malfy and Tyrande just aren't cutting it anymore.

Maiev for new Azshara pls
    Agreed, as much as I enjoyed Tyrande and Malfurion, the night elves need militarization and a strong leader that doesn't just kowtow to the demands of the Horde and Alliance.

Let the night elves be the wildcards of the Alliance and let Maiev be for night elves what Garrosh was for orcs (outside of the shift towards becoming a villian).

OT: I never thought I would see a day where I would want Knaak to come back. I admit he wasn't the best writer, but in regards to night elves there was something about the way he wrote them that was...better than what Blizzard is doing now (which isn't really saying much but still).
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-06-21 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its called self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Why should Tyrande trust the Nightborne? When faced with the burning legion the first time, they go “Good luck with that, we’ll go and hide under this here dome!”, the second invasion passed them by entirely, and at the third invasion they sell out to the legion, oh yeah, that’s the kind of track record that inspires supreme confidence, right there...

Furthermore, the Nightborne are still the same kind of spell-flinging, mana-addicted snobs that the Kaldorei cast out after the first demon invasion, yet another reason for Tyrande, who was alive when that all happened, to believe that the Nightborne had more to prove than the Kaldorei did.

Deleted
    I got the same feel with the alliance in general: In warcraft 3 they look more bad ass and hardcore, with the alot of warmongers like the Mountain kings, with bones in their belts and humans has no fear from orcs, as you can see in that cinematic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2vm-QjK2xQ

They seemed more fierce, I would love watch stormwind soldiers with that big shields and halberds and Nelves going back to its beginnings.

P.D: Night elves was the only using chimeras in warcraft 3 that were extremely powerful, I have not seen them using it since wow. Chimeras shouldn't be a hunter's pet, it should be kept exclusively as siege beasts of the night elves.
    Last edited by mmoc8dbfc1017b; 2018-06-21 at 09:14 PM.

Deleted
    I played a lot of wc3 after it was released and nelfs were my favourite "faction" after the Orcs/Horde. They we're pretty wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Drone92 View Post
    I got the same feel with the alliance in general: In warcraft 3 they look more bad ass and hardcore, with the alot of warmongers like the Mountain kings, with bones in their belts and humans has no fear from orcs, as you can see in that cinematic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2vm-QjK2xQ

They seemed more fierce, I would love watch stormwind soldiers with that big shields and halberds and Nelves going back to its beginnings.

P.D: Night elves was the only using chimeras in warcraft 3 that were extremely powerful, I have not seen them using it since wow. Chimeras shouldn't be a hunter's pet, it should be kept exclusively as siege beasts of the night elves.
    Yeah, the Alliance has definitely been slightly whitewashed. I liked the idea of characters like Blackmoore—exploiting their position in corrupt ways—or Lorin Remka—having faced a bunch of shit for being a woman and becoming cruel and intimidating—they have humans an edge to the point where they didn't just feel generic. They had a heirarchy that could be described as despotic and where certain criticisms (such as sympathy towards orcs) were considered inconceivable by most.

Here's hoping they don't completely whitewash the Dark Iron Dwarves and the centuries-old culture of brutality, greed, despotism and slavery. I seriously doubt they won't though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Yup...and yet she is still the bitch.
    Because they joined the Horde and thus gained immunity from responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

But seriously, a lot of races seem to have been diluted from Warcraft 3-Vanilla.

Orcs no longer seem as shamanistic bound and a union of clans under the Warchief and more like...just orcs. It's like everything the orcs fought from the end of Warcraft 2 and to beginning of WoW has just become null and void. I remember how shamans were portrayed, as these mysterious fur-clad holymen that went about their business and coexisted harmoniously with the world around them.

The camps really affected the orcs. In fact, Thrall wanted to return to the old shaman ways but he kept growing himself and not his people. On the other hand, Garrosh improved his people in some way

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    The camps really affected the orcs. In fact, Thrall wanted to return to the old shaman ways but he kept growing himself and not his people. On the other hand, Garrosh improved his people in some way
    Garrosh really disrupted the development which took place from pre-WC3 with the orcs rediscovering their shamanistic roots.

It's just bad writing.

Night Elves were the strongest faction in WC3. I've read some people say that NEs should be governed by the Wardens, so they'd be a wild card, more militarised and such. Well, that was pretty much Tyrande's leadership up until Blizzard decided to use the Night Elves as part of plot devices. To be honest, it would be very difficult to portray the Night Elves in-game, as they would have much older and more experienced warriors, more powerful spellcasters (although Nature magic isn't as destructive as arcane, thousands of years can add up!). Even their Allies, Chimeras, Mountain Giants, and forest itself... It would be difficult.

The biggest problem I see is that many races are underdeveloped because of the HORDE. Thinking about the Horde, it's basically the Orcs. Jungle Trolls were a near-extinct society. The Tauren weren't that much different. The Forsaken had no place in the world back in Vanilla, and I'd say that they've got some development in WotLK. Before that they were... well, forsaken . Only the Orcs have got better lore and leaders that meant something. In their pursuit to make things equal, they had to make sure Humans would rival the Orcs, and that the other races in the Alliance would be neutered. The Alliance lost the Blood Elves to the Horde because of this attempt to make things equal, it's not the lore. Gilneas was such a sad job... The Night Elves exist only to have their big names go neutral or sit on their hands. I wish Blizzard had tried to make the factions more interesting rather than neutering everything so that both factions would be more comparable.

Things won't change. It's not that Blizzard changed their minds about the Night Elves, it's just that they will sacrifice the lore and change it to adapt it to the player population, the rule of cool that the devs invoke every other day which leads the writers to play catch up and tell bad stories after the 'cool gaming decision is made' and so on.

There are Humans. There are Orcs. Sometimes we get to see some cool NPCs from other races, but the races themselves... That ship has long sailed. Every single time we think about the races and the lore, let's remember that FOR WHATEVER REASON, Blizzard invented a High King of the Alliance, only to have a counterpart to the position of Warchief. So now everything is equal and it's all GREY. It's all MORALLY QUESTIONABLE. It's just a matter of STANDPOINT.

It's boring. Bring back the Night Elves Blizzard copied from Warhammer's Wood Elves. I can only wish.

Garrosh really disrupted the development which took place from pre-WC3 with the orcs rediscovering their shamanistic roots.
    Agreed, he did in the worst way but he was there. That was Aggra told Thrall: be a shaman or lead, you cant do both. But for me, i think Aggra advice is bad.

Jokubas did a pretty good mockup Photoshop job on additional night elf customization options that are pretty badass.
    They really are. I might cut the mouth blood one but more face tattoos and leaves/flowers in hair would be great. With the classic styled armor let's complete that look!

The Warcraft 3 Elves have returned in BfA but unfortunately only for a very short time.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They really are. I might cut the mouth blood one but more face tattoos and leaves/flowers in hair would be great. With the classic styled armor let's complete that look!

Heritage Armor for every race please. Also get some variety for cloth/leather/mail/plate.

And of course more options like leaves for Nelves and other stuff for the other races.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Heritage Armor for every race please. Also get some variety for cloth/leather/mail/plate.

And of course more options like leaves for Nelves and other stuff for the other races.
    I want antlers and tattoos!.

I want antlers and tattoos!.
    Oh yes. Customization options for the races are all severely lacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thisalee Crow for Archdruid of Darnassus Stormwind Park. She's a prime example of that sylvan ferocity that separates the Kaldorei from their more domesticated cousins across Azeroth.

Though, honestly, I'd prefer we got rid of all of them. I find the pious superiority of Tyrande and her ilk utterly contemptible. Her smug and judgemental disposition cost her an alliance with (or at worst the neutrality of) the Nightborne. They always look down on other elves for their utilisation of great fonts of power like the Sunwell or Nightwell but the first thing night elves always do whenever they move into a new area is hurry to set up a moonwell. They are hypocrites of the worst kind and I find it hard to shed a sympathetic tear for the fiery loss of their overgrown tree house.

Plus, I will never forgive the night elves for attempting to kick the blood elves while they were down at their lowest.

Deleted
    They were just as "civilized" in Classic as they are now. They were never savage in WoW like they were in WC3, not even close.