Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't think those cards in particular should be buffed.
    Do you think however cards like Magma Rager will ever see the light of the day?

Raid Leader has been a fine card for any deck that floods the board, thing is that there are better alternatives to run, Odd Paladin limits cardpool, no one would play raid leader if you could play Dire wolf Alpha.

Stormwind Champion is the same thing, you can't really work those odd / even decks in there because they basically slash their card pool in half and limit the options.

In the great pool of unplayed cards, there is not just one "unplayable" level, there's are also "Might see play if X wouldn't exist".

I'm talking here about cards like Moorabi or Icebreaker, cards that were supposed to enable an archetype but turned out to be that horrible that anything related to these cards remains unplayable.
    Thing is there is a difference between playable cards and top tier cards. Avenging wrath is a good exmaple, its never been a bad card but is now in even paladin which is a top tier deck atm. Not every card can be in a top tier deck, you need the lower quality cards to make the exceptional cards truly shine, some cards are over the top, like Guldan, no denying it, but not every card can be amazing.

Magma rager has been played but it was never top tier and was mainly meme decks and decks trying to get it to work because it was branded the worst card. hell even ice rager was barely playable which was considerably better.

New cards like Baku, Genn are exciting because they change what cards we see because of their restrictions. Reno had a similar effect so more board clears, taunts and other cards were played in that deck.

Freeze shaman didn't work but people attempted it and new cards in the future might make it slightly more viable and if they were buffed those cards would then be op and everyone would be calling for nerfs again. Blizzard need to do more and be more active with balancing the game tho.

Sorry for the wall of text.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Not every card can be in a top tier deck, you need the lower quality cards to make the exceptional cards truly shine,
    I don't buy this argument.

Not every card goes into a tier one deck, but there's a difference between "bad" and actual trash cards and i don't think you need actual trash to show people what is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Freeze shaman didn't work but people attempted it and new cards in the future might make it slightly more viable and if they were buffed those cards would then be op and everyone would be calling for nerfs again.
    Kinda where the standard cycle can be easily used.

Like that, don't introduce new freeze Shaman cards *until* the next rotation, then afterwards you might print some if the archetype didn't infest the ladder.

And Blizzard has a bad history with forcing archetypes and fail miserably.

Discard Lock was barely playable, only Zoo lock ran Malchezaar Imp,Doomguard & Soul fire (Doomguard & Soul fire are in any Zoo deck anyway, so no gain there).

Murloc Shaman is the running gag of Hearthstone.

Tried it in GvG with Neptulon / Slitfin Spiritwalker => failed.
    Tried in LoE with Everyfin is awesome => failed.
    Call in the Finishers in Mean Streets => failed.
    Quest / Primalfin totem (which actually saw play outside of Murloc decks) => failed.
    Brrloc / Ice Skating in KotF => failed.
    Ghostlight Angler in Witchwood => failed.

While i think that Murloc Shaman has the underlying issue of getting bad cards (compared to Pally Murloc cards) & being weaker to boardclears, instead of constantly printing new Shaman Murloc cards, maybe you could buff like Brrloc to a 2/3, buff the quest, or something.

It's just a one way approach to solve things, Blizzard automatically excludes one possibility to buff certain decks / classes, even if a deck turns out to be very strong, if you now buff cards from the Mammoth set, then they're automatically gone next year.

Deleted
    Aggro Paladin. Cubelock... i can't stand this meta

Quote Originally Posted by yion90 View Post
    Aggro Paladin. Cubelock... i can't stand this meta
    Razakus priest was better i guess? Damn i know no other game where ppl complain about meta so much.
    Shudderwock shamans tilt me most. They always seem to have answer to what i do.
    Last edited by GordonF; 2018-05-21 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    All I face in standard now is Paladin.
    Nothing changed since then.

Nerfs didn't slow Paladins down at all, only made them more viable because there are less Warlocks (so less board clears).

80% of the decks I face have Taunt all over the place, just an absurd amount in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    All Paladins (stupid)
    Aggro Secret Mage (brain dead)
    Cube Guldan Nzoth Warlock (oh boy)

I'm so salty. The life of a "rogue-only" player is messed up right now...

Anyway, what are the classes/decks that when you see you /rolleyes ?
    Even though I win against them, I really hate taunt druid right now, I agree Aggro Secret Mage is retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    All I face in standard now is Paladin.
    I agree, every other game is pally, I hardly ever see warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I had odd bit of luck 10 days ago while playing dude pally aggro. I played against six big/inner fire priests in a row, two cubelocks, two spell hunters, and then this warrior before being stopped. It felt so good destroying those annoying decks in a long win streak.

I know he wasn't happy because I was saving the level up combo for just such a play:

...and then he drew Warpath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    ...and then he drew Warpath.
    Honestly, I would have laughed at that.

I stopped playing that deck because it was boring, but my one friend took it to legend. She likes cheesy aggro decks and pissing people off though.

Taunts. Big health taunts.

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact that many of the best decks are non-interactable.

i liked it more when decks were more "organic" and more interactable.
    back when you had to calculate more stuff on the board.

and when you had to trick your opponent into a bluff, so that your "combo" could go off.
    now the game is full of one-turn combos that your opponent cannot prevent with a potential smart play, and lots of "cheating out" minions.

that way, many decks feel like playing solitaire, because your win condition is guaranteed if you have your combo.
    while others you play your mini combos completely unchallenged and brainlessly.
    and others you rush rush to complete your sulfuras or crystal core...
    ___

i also dislike that many of the quest rewards and hero-cards are waaay too powerful.
    one single card shouldnt give such a huge advantage imo.
    you should be expected to build your way to victory instead.
    ___

some bad examples are: OTK mage, taunt war, cube lock, quest rogue, jade druid, shudderwok.
    some good examples are: dragon priest, baku rogue, miracle rogue, genn lock, hunter decks, the old reno decks.
    imo.

___

also, there's way too much RNG.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2018-06-11 at 07:31 AM.

With some good draws and a few working brain cells , you can withstand paladins onslaught, and , eventually, overcome.
    No amount of brain cells will save you from goldfishing shudderman or xadronoxdruid.

Generally the fact that there are decks that can stall out the game for 10+ turns regardless of how bad rng they get and get a out a play so strong with 2 or 3 cards only. Hadronox druids and the like.I like playing aggro decks, because I don't want to spend 25 minutes on every single match. But this shit makes me either concede insta or play it out for 15 turns+ and still most likely lose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Generally the fact that there are decks that can stall out the game for 10+ turns regardless of how bad rng they get and get a out a play so strong with 2 or 3 cards only. Hadronox druids and the like.I like playing aggro decks, because I don't want to spend 25 minutes on every single match. But this shit makes me either concede insta or play it out for 15 turns+ and still most likely lose.
    Not wanting to spend 25 minutes on a match is reasonable, but a match shoudn't be about vomiting your hand on the board and topdecking/wrecking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It is like you don't understand the deck types at all.

Aggro decks counter late game decks

Late game decks counter mid-range decks

Mid range decks counter aggro decks

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Not wanting to spend 25 minutes on a match is reasonable, but a match shoudn't be about vomiting your hand on the board and topdecking/wrecking.
    No, I agree. But HS hasn't exactly been about making calculated decisions too much. If you knew the exact deck comp of your opponent, maybe. You can build decks that will beat some decks 9/10 times. But then you can run into other decks that beat you 7/10 times most of the time too. I guess that's my overall problem with HS, skill doesn't mean as much as RNG and your deck. Some games you've lost even before you see your hand. And this meta has seemed to amplify the effect for me a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post

/shrug mate, my feeling since Witchwood is that it isn't really true anymore.

No co-op vs a dungeon deck like there was in the TGC. Or a team mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post

This is incredibly outdated and this never actually worked in Hearthstone to begin with (because some broken cards/effects destroyed any semblance of such balance). As an easy proof, you can take an aggro/lategame/midrange deck of TempoStorm's ratings and see how they match against the others. Surprise surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    This is incredibly outdated and this never actually worked in Hearthstone to begin with (because some broken cards/effects destroyed any semblance of such balance). As an easy proof, you can take an aggro/lategame/midrange deck of TempoStorm's ratings and see how they match against the others. Surprise surprise.
    No, it is not out-dated.. lmao It is how all CCGs like HS and MtG are designed. Tempo storms ratings mean jack shit, since they are not based on any data at all, and are simply opinions. There will of course be outliers, and usually those decks end up getting nerfed.