Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    That is some insane level of selective sight you have going on if you think there’s never a Pro Sony thread on here.

And it’s also ironic that you say all of that given your post history.

- - - Updated - - -

I want the one trying to use it an some sort of justification. You were. Me choosing not to live in the past and accept things going forward is what should be happening here. You and others seem to still be caught up on the “MS did it first” nonsense.
    Before you use your go to debating techique and call me a shill let me just clear up my position. Yes I prefer sony to MS and own a PS4 with a large collection of games which may make me biased.

HOWEVER! I have also owned an xbox in my lifetime and had a good time with it playing Halo and Fable.

At the moment however the only game that would bring me back to Xbox is Cuphead which looks fun, but that game isnt big enough for me to buy an entire console for.

If they have better exclusives I would happily buy an Xbox one and be a member of both teams.

I only care about good games not making their shareholders happy

I also use a MS computer so.....

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    If you're gonna throw around 'reported' after being called out on calling people shills, the least you could do is actually follow through with the report
    I did. But apparently the mods on MMO-C only do their jobs when they feel like it.

Im not the one trying to use it an some sort of justification. You were. Me choosing not to live in the past and accept things going forward is what should be happening here. You and others seem to still be caught up on the “MS did it first” nonsense.
    We focus on the facts and historical patterns, yeah.

Otherwise, you'll never solve the issue.

Like, just MAYBE Microsoft shouldn't force a MS account requirement for crossplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I dont see any issue here if im understanding this correctly. If i bought fortnite for ps4 and have been playing it on ps4 i cant then just switch all my data to my switch and start playing there. Seems reasonable to me. How many games do you know of that allow for that kind of transfer? Can i take all my PC witcher 3 saves and load them up on a ps4 or Xbox? What about skyrim? Can i take data from a game that comes out on all 3 platforms and play on anyone of them and have it be all the same?

The answer is no to not likely. Also do switch players play with ps4 players or PC players or xbox players? And do all those systems allow you to share data? If not what is the complaining about?
    THIS!!!

Seriously, ppl are QQ'n because they are being denied something that HAS NEVER BEEN OFFERED BEFORE. You guys act like you've been able to jump between systems in the past, but you haven't. This cross platform thing is NEW, and because every single game doesn't offer it you're getting ya panties in a bunch. Some people need to check their entitlement at the door.

I can't load up GTA on my PC and play with all of my PS4 progress. I can't jump back and forth using the same save on Terraria. You can count the number of games that allow this on one hand. The other 99% of games DO NOT offer any type of cross platform play.

When I play a game on a new platform, I start over. It's always been this way, so get over it. Just start over, or keep on playing on your ps4. Or quit playing altogether. Bottom line is, SONY / MS / NINTENDO / PC doesn't owe you anything.
    Kthxhugsbye

15+ Year Old Account
    I did. But apparently the mods on MMO-C only do their jobs when they feel like it.
    Youre the one lashing out at everybody, including the active mod fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    We focus on the facts and historical patterns, yeah.

Otherwise, you'll never solve the issue.

Like, just MAYBE Microsoft shouldn't force a MS account requirement for crossplay?
    So we’ve established (yet again) that this is all gravy because MS did it first? Because that’s most definitely what you keep implying. Once again, it’s a weak excuse at best and shouldn’t be used in any way whatsoever to justify a company making anti-consumers decisions. End of story.

So we’ve established (yet again) that this is all gravy because MS did it first? Because that’s most definitely what you keep implying. Once again, it’s a weak excuse at best and shouldn’t be used in any way whatsoever to justify a company making anti-consumers decisions. End of story.
    That's on you and your assumptions. Not me.

Everyone else seems to get it just fine, BUT you. So I think it's safe to say you're purposely failing to get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Youre the one lashing out at everybody, including the active mod fyi
    Gotta do something when the same people do their thing by coming into a thread they don’t agree with and try to derail it or get it closed *cough* Tech *cough*. And they’re allowed to get away with it because the mods on here are extremely biased towards certain topics.

- - - Updated - - -

That's on you and your assumptions. Not me.

Everyone else seems to get it just fine, BUT you. So I think it's safe to say you're purposely failing to get the point.
    No, you’re the one that came in here and basically said Sony is justified in this because MS did it first. You said it, not me. That’s on you, not me. Stop trying to backpedal now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Before you use your go to debating techique and call me a shill let me just clear up my position. Yes I prefer sony to MS and own a PS4 with a large collection of games which may make me biased.

HOWEVER! I have also owned an xbox in my lifetime and had a good time with it playing Halo and Fable.

At the moment however the only game that would bring me back to Xbox is Cuphead which looks fun, but that game isnt big enough for me to buy an entire console for.

If they have better exclusives I would happily buy an Xbox one and be a member of both teams.

I only care about good games not making their shareholders happy

I also use a MS computer so.....
    Well, at least you’re admitting your shortcomings. It’s a start, I’ll give you that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Sony are dominating the console market right now. They don't need to give a fuck about what nintendo or microsoft want. Sony understands that console players for the most part do not give a fuck how nifty or powerful your devices are, or how many things it can do. If you care about that you just get a PC, but if you want the play the best exclusives on ANY platform, you will own a PS4. It's as simple as that. As someone who owns a PC and PS4, there is 0 reason for me to buy an xbox.

- - - Updated - - -

Also it's hardly like fortnite is a depthy game. You're not losing anything that actually matters.
    Yet another person being ok with anti-consumer decisions because “Sony has the lead”. Such a bad way to look at things.

No, you’re the one that came in here and basically said Sony is justified in this because MS did it first. You said it, not me. That’s on you, not me. Stop trying to backpedal now.
    I'm not backpedaling.

EVERYONE else seems to have gotten from the start that I thought Sony was being a dick about this, but MS was also one too.

YOU'RE the one trying to put words into other people's mouths to try to prove your argument of them being a shill, because you're unable to actually formulate a counter point or just accept that MS is not your friend in this situation either, they're only doing it probably because they burned so much goodwill and they see somewhere Sony is refusing to budge so they will to be like "Look guys, we're your pal!".

Just watch, if the shoe is on the other foot next gen, MS will do the same again. But you can keep parading against Sony, because putting a bandaid on cancer totally solves the issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gotta do something when the same people do their thing by coming into a thread they don’t agree with and try to derail it or get it closed *cough* Tech *cough*. And they’re allowed to get away with it because the mods on here are extremely biased towards certain topics.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Well, at least you’re admitting your shortcomings. It’s a start, I’ll give you that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet another person being ok with anti-consumer decisions because “Sony has the lead”. Such a bad way to look at things.
    Youre the one derailing by not listening to people and calling them shills. If you want to have a nice, honest discussion, then calm down.

Not a single thing in their post said it's okay.

It's just a statement of fact. Sony does have the lead. Sony is in a position that they don't need to care.

Nothing about that says "I'm okay with this".

Not a single thing in their post said it's okay.

It's just a statement of fact. Sony does have the lead. Sony is in a position that they don't need to care.

Nothing about that says "I'm okay with this".
    Except it does. Inaction is the same as going along with it.

Except it does. Inaction is the same as going along with it.
    Yet you're taking no actions against Microsoft's recent examples of not playing fair?
    Interesting.

Yet you're taking no actions against Microsoft's recent examples of not playing fair?
    Interesting.
    I’d be calling them out on the bullshit if they did something and basically used the excuse “but Sony did it first”. And I wouldn’t be sitting here and constantly bringing that point up like it’s some sort of justification for it like you and and many others have been doing it. It’s an extremely dumb thing to do as a consumer.

I’d be calling them out on the bullshit if they did something and basically used the excuse “but Sony did it first”. And I wouldn’t be sitting here and constantly bringing that point up like it’s some sort of justification for it like you and and many others have been doing it. It’s an extremely dumb thing to do as a consumer.
    I'm not sure why you're bringing up the "excuse" part again.

No one was talking about any "excuses" there, but you seem indifferent that Microsoft refuses to let cross play on Minecraft without using their account first.

And then you go onto accusing others of "defending" instead of just realizing you're arguing against, well, nothing.

People are agreeing with you but they're not echoing it the way you want to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I dont see any issue here if im understanding this correctly. If i bought fortnite for ps4 and have been playing it on ps4 i cant then just switch all my data to my switch and start playing there. Seems reasonable to me. How many games do you know of that allow for that kind of transfer? Can i take all my PC witcher 3 saves and load them up on a ps4 or Xbox? What about skyrim? Can i take data from a game that comes out on all 3 platforms and play on anyone of them and have it be all the same?

The answer is no to not likely. Also do switch players play with ps4 players or PC players or xbox players? And do all those systems allow you to share data? If not what is the complaining about?
    If you buy the game for Switch, then log into your account on ps4, then try to log back into the Switch you'll be locked out. That's the issue here.

I'm not sure why you're bringing up the "excuse" part again.

No one was talking about any "excuses" there, but you seem indifferent that Microsoft refuses to let cross play on Minecraft without using their account first.

And then you go onto accusing others of "defending" instead of just realizing you're arguing against, well, nothing.

People are agreeing with you but they're not echoing it the way you want to hear it.
    Considering Minecraft is a MS owned game, their account HAS to be brought into the equation in some capacity. Just like how an Epic Games account has to get brought into the equation for Fortnite. Granted, it can most definitely be debated that MS most likely wanted too much control in the situation, but it’s their game to make those kinds of decisions. Decisions that Nintendo seemed to have zero issues with but Sony did.

Sony is being a dick in both situations regardless of how you try to spin it however. One with a MS owned game and the other with a third party game. We’ve got two examples of two different situations now and Sony is being a dick both times. The one with MS they might have had a better reason for denying it....but now we’ve got a situation where it’s a third party game and they’re still making the same dick decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    If you buy the game for Switch, then log into your account on ps4, then try to log back into the Switch you'll be locked out. That's the issue here.
    If you linked an account to Xbox One or Switch you can not log into it on PS4 either. It works both ways, Sony does not want XBO/Switch purchased content on their system, and they don't want PS4 purchased content on XBO/Switch.

So no, this is not the case, you would not be able to log in to a PS4 on an account that logged into Switch.

fortnite is free to play anyway just have multiple accounts.

Or do you need to have to use the same username for more epeen points? Or use that different colored backpack you wasted money on?

for the name part you can use the same name just add an Ps4 to it. People will understand the reference and may even recognize your name and remember your leet skills when you pwned them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Actually, I believe Sony will block the account if it’s already been used on another platform. None of the other platforms are doing this however. They’re allowing it to swap freely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    fortnite is free to play anyway just have multiple accounts.

Or do you need to have the same username for more epeen points? Or use that different colored backpack you wasted money on?
    The issue is coming from where people have spent money on stuff in game. Just because you don’t personally buy stuff like that or don’t put any merit into it doesn’t mean that others feel the same way. Going “lol cosmetics” isn’t really a valid reason for dismissing the problem here. You’re just trying to handwave away a problem because you personally don’t give two shits.