Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post

The issue is coming from where people have spent money on stuff in game. Just because you don’t personally buy stuff like that or don’t put any merit into it doesn’t mean that others feel the same way. Going “lol cosmetics” isn’t really a valid reason for dismissing the problem here.
    Have two different sets!

One switch load out where you look like a duck with a fluffy hat

and your ps4 version where you look like a military dude!! everyone wins!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Have two different sets!

You seem to be missing the part about real world money being spent. Being a smartass about it isn’t helping your case any.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be missing the part about real world money being spent. Being a smartass about it isn’t helping your case any.
    Im not being a smart ass, I dont see why people who like buying different skins cant just have different load outs for their toons, if anything it would speed up changing them when you got bored and wanted to try a new mog

just have to be a bit smarter about how much you buy on one system and if you want a main one or an alt one etc

Have two different sets!

The bigger problem(to my understanding, I don't play or give a shit about Fortnite personally) is that V Bucks if you buy them from the epic website, amazon, gamestop etc are universal for all platforms. But if you ever redeemed them on PS4, you're only ever going to be able to transfer that to PC/Mobile regardless of the fact the same V Bucks you bought would have worked just fine on Xbox One and Switch.

It's not that people expect to own Anthem on PS4 and XBO by buying one it's that Epic has made their entire monetization model around it being universal across platforms and them/Sony not properly educating people that's not 100% the case.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-06-23 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think you underestimate how much smaller processors are getting and how efficient they are becoming, there will be phone size computers that outperform the fastest desktops and gpus we have today in 10-20 years and desktops will no longer exist as we know them.
    That's a pretty big assumption, yeah proccessors are getting smaller but there's many things going inside a PC. It's lasted this long, it'll last even more.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Im not being a smart ass, I dont see why people who like buying different skins cant just have different load outs for their toons, if anything it would speed up changing them when you got bored and wanted to try a new mog

just have to be a bit smarter about how much you buy on one system and if you want a main one or an alt one etc
    Because the real world money spent on that stuff can be switched freely between all platforms except when it involves Sony. And none of that was adequately explained to people until it actually became an issue and Sony started catching flak for it. And then Sony’s response to it was basically a “yeah we don’t care”. A very dick, anti-consumer move on their part.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-06-23 at 08:58 PM.

Considering Minecraft is a MS owned game, their account HAS to be brought into the equation in some capacity. Just like how an Epic Games account has to get brought into the equation for Fortnite. Granted, it can most definitely be debated that MS most likely wanted too much control in the situation, but it’s their game to make those kinds of decisions. Decisions that Nintendo seemed to have zero issues with but Sony did.

Sony is being a dick in both situations regardless of how you try to spin it however. One with a MS owned game and the other with a third party game. We’ve got two examples of two different situations now and Sony is being a dick both times. The one with MS they might have had a better reason for denying it....but now we’ve got a situation where it’s a third party game and they’re still making the same dick decision.
    They don't need to restrict it to a microsoft account though, and Sony seems to have an issue with it, yes.

But of course, you have to spin that into "Sony's the bad guy!" instead of thinking that Microsoft could just drop their silly "needs to be our account" restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    They don't need to restrict it to a microsoft account though, and Sony seems to have an issue with it, yes.

But of course, you have to spin that into "Sony's the bad guy!" instead of thinking that Microsoft could just drop their silly "needs to be our account" restriction.
    I do believe that I did point out that MS was being too strict with it and should have been more lenient. Or did that part fly right past your head in your attempt to try and disprove the rest of what I said?

As a mod, I really wish you would stop trying to derail the thread into a “But MS and Minecraft!” thing.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-06-23 at 09:07 PM.

I do believe that I did point out that MS was being too strict with it and should have been more lenient. Or did that part fly right past your head in your attempt to try and disprove the rest of what I said?
    You literally said "Sony is being a dick both times".

That isn't accepting it's MS's issue in that case, that's trying to blame Sony.

It's exactly what you're accusing everyone else of doing.

You literally said "Sony is being a dick both times".

That isn't accepting it's MS's issue in that case, that's trying to blame Sony.

It's exactly what you're accusing everyone else of doing.
    I’ve also agreed that MS could have done better too. You’re the only one stuck on “but MS/Minecraft!” like it’s some sort of defense here. And obviously it can’t have been THAT bad considering Nintendo is happily playing along with it. So yeah, Sony is also partly to blame in that situation as well.

Once again, stop trying to derail the thread into a “but MS/Minecraft” thing. But of course you’re a mod, so you’ll just do as you please.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-06-23 at 09:11 PM.

I’ve also agreed that MS could have done better too. You’re the only one stuck on “but MS/Minecraft!” like it’s some sort of defense here. And obviously it can’t have been THAT bad considering Nintendo is happily playing along with it. So yeah, Sony is also partly to blame in that situation as well.

Once again, stop trying to derail the thread into a “but MS/Minecraft” thing. But of course you’re a mod, so you’ll just do as you please.
    How is Sony partly to blame for the Minecraft shit with MS? Or did I read that wrong. Nintendo is happy to do it because it gives them both a sells and PR boost.

Here are some fact's. Sony(PS4) actually Cross-Play's with everyone besides MS including Switch, Its not hard to figure out and learn why they are not Cross-Playing with MS.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Once again, stop trying to derail the thread into a “but MS/Minecraft” thing.
    It's obviously can't be that bad because Epic is playing along.

Do you really not see the issue here? You're so quick to defend/dismiss Microsoft's transgressions, but keep railing on people for saying "well, it sucks, but it's not like it's the first time this has happened".

You are literally saying it's okay when Microsoft does it.

And whether you like it or not, last I checked the topic was cross play between consoles, so bringing up examples of other companies not playing ball is very relevant.

For those of you who may not be in the know:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/14/17...switch-account
    https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/15...-platform-sony
    https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/14/...s-play-switch/
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/14/1...ay-controversy
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...ayers-are-mad/

Why is Sony being so stupid/stubborn on this? The decision is doing nothing but pissing off/negatively affecting gamers. They once again refuse to play ball when it comes to cross platform play with MS/Nintendo.

I could somewhat understand them not wanting to do cross platform play with a game like Minecraft (that is owned and operated by one of their direct console competitors), but Fortnite? It's a third party game that has no ties with the competition at all. I feel like Sony is just doing it at this point simply because they can and don't care that more and more people seemingly want cross platform to happen.

And locking Epic Games accounts onto their platform and not allowing someone to move it elsewhere? That's a dick move no matter how you look at it. Especially considering all the other platforms allow you to move it around however you want.

Yeah I get it, Sony has the marketshare to throw their weight around like this. But at the end of day, it's nothing more than a stubborn/greedy move that only hampers gamers and the industry as a whole.

Sony did a lot to garner a bunch of goodwill at the beginning of this console gen. But since then? They've made some baffling and downright greedy/stupid decisions.

What do you think?
    I think this will not affect Sony. They may support cross play later or know that the Battle Royal fad will die when something new arrives. Either way if they do or do not it doesn't affect me or my view on Sony unless someone really loves them some Fortnite

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How is Sony partly to blame for the Minecraft shit with MS? Or did I read that wrong. Nintendo is happy to do it because it gives them both a sells and PR boost.

Here are some fact's. Sony(PS4) actually Cross-Play's with everyone besides MS including Switch, Its not hard to figure out and learn why they are not Cross-Playing with MS.
    So when it’s Sony/Epic, both parties are to blame. But when it’s Sony/MS, MS is fully to blame. Ok. Great logic. I mean we know where your loyalties lie already JT, but you really don’t have to confirm it for us.

15+ Year Old Account

Do you really not see the issue here? You're so quick to defend/dismiss Microsoft's transgressions, but keep railing on people for saying "well, it sucks, but it's not like it's the first time this has happened".

And whether you like it or not, last I checked the topic was cross play between consoles, so bringing up examples of other companies not playing ball is very relevant.
    Not in MY thread. Get outta heeeeee'

Actually the topic was about Cross-Progress with Epic's account. But a select few decided to bring in Cross-Play to fuel there argument.

- - - Updated - - -

So when it’s Sony/Epic, both parties are to blame. But when it’s Sony/MS, MS is fully to blame. Ok. Great logic. I mean we know where your loyalties lie already JT, but you really don’t have to confirm it for us.
    How is Microsoft wanting to force there Server's/Accounts on Sony Sony's fault? All you seem to do is deflect and call people fanboy's without giving a actually argument.

Back to the argument you love, Its the reason Final Fantasy XIV isn't on XB1. Microsoft wants there cake and eat it too.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

No one is defending MS. It’s been pointed out countless times now that they’ve been guilty of stupid shit like this in the past. But continuing to bring it up over and over and over and over like you are like it’s some sort of valid reason for Sony now doing it is pathetic and about as weak of a talking point as you can get. Especially when it’s already been talked about, acknowledged, and moved on from.

So you do get the issue then.

You were fully willing to throw Sony completely under the bus, downplaying Epic's failure here. You were also unwilling to accept that Microsoft kinda already burned the bridge on Sony. So in that case, all companies were crummy about it. There is no defense for any of them, they're all at fault.
    Yet when this was pointed out, you go full "nope, only Sony, blame Sony!".

Then, when the situation was reversed, and it's a situation of Microsoft hindering crossplay through an action, yet again, you're suddenly like "Well, maybe it's a bit of everyone's fault".

That's the issue I'm having here. It was everyone's fault from the start, and that's what I said but you took such offense to that.

Actually the topic was about Cross-Progress with Epic's account. But a select few decided to bring in Cross-Play to fuel there argument.
    Well, that's literally what the OP is.

But it's tide into crossplay/crossprogress.

It's like trying to discuss a law while ignoring the origins of the law. You can't really, and how the law was formed is very relevant.

In this case, while it started about specifically Epic/Sony, it's not off topic to bring in other companies doing similar, and the behavior of the gaming field in general.

- - - Updated - - -

How is Microsoft wanting to force there Server's/Accounts on Sony Sony's fault? All you seem to do is deflect and call people fanboy's without giving a actually argument.

Back to the argument you love, Its the reason Final Fantasy XIV isn't on XB1. Microsoft wants there cake and eat it too.
    Nice try but the TITLE of the topic literally says “Fortnite accounts and Crossplay”. You know, referring to both the account shenanigans and crossplay shenanigans. And I should know, I created the thread. But feel free to continue making up shit about it to suit your needs.

No one is defending MS. It’s been pointed out countless times now that they’ve been guilty of stupid shit like this in the past. But continuing to bring it up over and over and over and over like you are like it’s some sort of valid reason for Sony now doing it is pathetic and about as weak of a talking point as you can get. Especially when it’s already been talked about, acknowledged, and moved on from.
    So no one was defending Sony by pointing out all companies are guilty of stupid stuff.

The shoe is on the other foot now, and you suddenly do not seem to like it when people use your exact argument back at you.

Nice try but the TITLE of the topic literally says “Fortnite accounts and Crossplay”. You know, referring to both the account shenanigans and crossplay shenanigans. And I should know, I created the thread. But feel free to continue making up shit about it to suit your needs.
    So you do agree that crossplay is very relevant to the topic.