Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So you do get the issue then.

You were fully willing to throw Sony completely under the bus, downplaying Epic's failure here. You were also unwilling to accept that Microsoft kinda already burned the bridge on Sony. So in that case, all companies were crummy about it. There is no defense for any of them, they're all at fault.
    Yet when this was pointed out, you go full "nope, only Sony, blame Sony!".

Then, when the situation was reversed, and it's a situation of Microsoft hindering crossplay through an action, yet again, you're suddenly like "Well, maybe it's a bit of everyone's fault".

That's the issue I'm having here. It was everyone's fault from the start, and that's what I said but you took such offense to that.

Well, that's literally what the OP is.

But it's tide into crossplay/crossprogress.

It's like trying to discuss a law while ignoring the origins of the law. You can't really, and how the law was formed is very relevant.

In this case, while it started about specifically Epic/Sony, it's not off topic to bring in other companies doing similar, and the behavior of the gaming field in general.
    No the issue stemmed from you bringing up the reasoning of “MS did it first” like it was any sort of valid point in why Sony could/would/should do this. You’ve just chosen to backpedal on that now.

- - - Updated - - -

So no one was defending Sony by pointing out all companies are guilty of stupid stuff.

The shoe is on the other foot now, and you suddenly do not seem to like it when people use your exact argument back at you.

So you do agree that crossplay is very relevant to the topic.
    You’re literally talking in circles now and going “nuh uh! You!” Do you have anything else worthless to add while you’re at it?

It's like trying to discuss a law while ignoring the origins of the law. You can't really, and how the law was formed is very relevant.
    No in this case its talking about apples and comparing them to a orange. There is a vast difference in Cross-Play and Cross-Progression via sharing accounts. They could allow the Cross-Progression but that doesn't mean it would enable Cross-Play.

The topic just branched off into that because a few select posters wanted another reason to bitch about Cross-Play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Nice try but the TITLE of the topic literally says “Fortnite accounts and Crossplay”. You know, referring to both the account shenanigans and crossplay shenanigans. And I should know, I created the thread. But feel free to continue making up shit about it to suit your needs.
    What is in the Title and what is in the OP is two different things.

Misleading titles isn't anything new.

And proves my point that you just wanted another reason to bitch about cross-play.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So when it’s Sony/Epic, both parties are to blame. But when it’s Sony/MS, MS is fully to blame. Ok. Great logic. I mean we know where your loyalties lie already JT, but you really don’t have to confirm it for us.
    Yes Microsoft is fully to blame on that one. Or do you think it's reasonable to accept Xbox Live on a playstation when the Xbox Live is your biggest competator. It's like asking Coke to allow Pepsis to be sold and they get no say in it other than it's being made in their factories.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No in this case its talking about apples and comparing them to a orange. There is a vast difference in Cross-Play and Cross-Progression via sharing accounts. They could allow the Cross-Progression but that doesn't mean it would enable Cross-Play.

The topic just branched off into that because a few select posters wanted another reason to bitch about Cross-Play.
    Except the thread was created to talk about both point from the start. It’s even in the OP. Like I said, keep making up bullshit that’s not true.

No the issue stemmed from you bringing up the reasoning of “MS did it first” like it was any sort of valid point in why Sony could/would/should do this. You’ve just chosen to backpedal on that now.
    My first post was saying no one is defending Sony.

It's not a matter of "defending Sony".

It's a matter of "Microsoft did do it when it was convenient for them too".
    You can't expect Sony to be the "bigger company" here. And it's not like Sony isn't doing cross play at all, they still are with the PC.

I mean, I've been following the whole thread, I don't see anyone arguing that Sony is doing a great thing here, just that it isn't surprising. Yet for some reason people against it keep claiming Sony is "being defended".
    You're the one who took that as a defense. For some...strange reason.

And now you are literally saying the same exact thing in regards to Microsoft and Minecraft. That's WHY I brought up the Minecraft thing specifically. It's a recent case of Microsoft not playing ball, yet you want to deflect it back to Sony being the problem. Then when called out on it, you say "But I'm not defending them!"

No one is backpedaling here but you.

No one has defended Sony, everyone has just pointed out how Microsoft isn't innocent, and you don't like that. You don't want to accept part of the blame here is on them.

And that's why people are just getting frustrated with this discussion.

Here's the honest truth.

Sony screwed up here.
    Microsoft DID screw up first.
    Epic also screwed up by agreeing to it.

Nintendo doesn't even know what an internet is probably.

Everyone is to blame.

Now I'm going to just back out on that note, because it's just going in a cycle of you wanting to call others shills and not actually discuss this problem.

Except the thread was created to talk about both point from the start. It’s even in the OP. Like I said, keep making up bullshit that’s not true.
    Whatever you got to tell yourself to feel better about the plastic box you defend the shit out of.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the honest truth.

Sony screwed up here.
    Microsoft DID screw up first.
    Epic also screwed up by agreeing to it.

Nintendo doesn't even know what an internet is probably.

Everyone is to blame.
    LOL you win the internet today and well said.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Both are being restricted though, no?

You can't play with someone on a Switch if you're on a PS4. You also can't use the same account.

They could also allow cross play but not allow cross-progression if it's just a matter of money.

I swear I can be critical of Nintendo.

Sometimes.

Whatever you got to tell yourself to feel better about the plastic box you defend the shit out of.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, you not being able to read apparently isn’t exactly a good defense in what you’re trying to say.

Both are being restricted though, no?

You can't play with someone on a Switch if you're on a PS4. You also can't use the same account.

They could also allow cross play but not allow cross-progression if it's just a matter of money.
    Ya but its two different restriction's and that was proven with the "bug" Epic had where Xbox and Playstation was playing together for like a day.

Everyone wants there cake and eat it too here besides Nintendo, They kinda just don't give a fuck. Its free PR and Sells for them so why would they care.

Ya but its two different restriction's and that was proven with the "bug" Epic had where Xbox and Playstation was playing together for like a day.

Everyone wants there cake and eat it too here besides Nintendo, They kinda just don't give a fuck. Its free PR and Sells for them so why would they care.
    My impression is as long as it's not in some way Nintendo's, they're pretty lenient. Like, do whatever you want with your own games, just don't touch their precious Mario.

My impression is as long as it's not in some way Nintendo's, they're pretty lenient. Like, do whatever you want with your own games, just don't touch their precious Mario.
    Ya that kinda sums it up.

Like I said early'er Playstation actually does Cross-Play with Switch, The only system they don't is Xbox/MS.

Ya that kinda sums it up.

Like I said early'er Playstation actually does Cross-Play with Switch, The only system they don't is Xbox/MS.
    Which just seems to go back to basically being like a petty significant other who was like "Well, you didn't eat tacos with me a few times when I wanted to, so I won't eat tacos with you".

But at the same time it's like...maybe you should have just ate tacos with them when they wanted to if it was that important to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jt, zephyr, genn, tech and robert shold just have an orgy so they can stop arguing for a few minutes

Which just seems to go back to basically being like a petty significant other who was like "Well, you didn't eat tacos with me a few times when I wanted to, so I won't eat tacos with you".

But at the same time it's like...maybe you should have just ate tacos with them when they wanted to if it was that important to you.
    Yep.

Fun Fact: Playstation did do Cross-Play with Microsoft.....Once and it was with Final Fantasy XI. Final Fantasy XI was most expensive to play on 360 because not only did you need the game sub you needed XBL's sub as well, Just like you do now for anything on the system including f2p games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Jt, zephyr, genn, tech and robert shold just have an orgy so they can stop arguing for a few minutes
    Nty not into guys.

I am quite glad you left me out of that.

Yep.

Fun Fact: Playstation did do Cross-Play with Microsoft.....Once and it was with Final Fantasy XI. Final Fantasy XI was most expensive to play on 360 because not only did you need the game sub you needed XBL's sub as well, Just like you do now for anything on the system including f2p games.
    I did not actually know that, neat.

Yep its in the genesis book of records because it was Cross-Play with PS2,360 and PC.

Video Games just wants you to themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep.

- - - Updated - - -

Nty not into guys.
    And im not into girls but i still ate one out back in feburary.

- - - Updated - - -

You dont argue as much but you can get in on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    VG...are you even human?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    VG...are you even human?
    What did i do?

And im not into girls but i still ate one out back in feburary.
    Bit more info then I wanted to know.