Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Does she get in trouble for posting that on her government twitter instead of her personal one? Seems like something that shouldn't come from official government sources.
    It is a Hatch Act violation. Just like when Kellyanne Conway was trying to hock Ivanka's crap on live tv. But since they control that office, they will only get a slap on the wrist, if anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Which is severely lacking from most of the US news and media.
    Yeah, the right wing news and media. Everything from the National Review to the right of them. Pretty much has a terrible track record for the truth.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they want to turn her away. She looks like she enjoys a good meal or two.

- - - Updated - - -

most you say.

you need to elaborate on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    For this part, I don't think it is protectionism on Canada's part for that one. While they do tariff our stuff, it isn't because of protectionism, it is because the US subsidizes our farmers with tax dollars allowing them to sell cheaper than the Canadian farmers putting them at a disadvantage due to government interference, the Tariffs just balance that out.

Correct me if I am wrong as I am not too educated on that stuff.
    I'm not up on poultry farming, but with dairy, the supply management system basically lets the government control how much dairy farmers will be producing for the market, in Canada. This ensures that supply doesn't exceed demand, so we're no having to dump produced milk as they do in the USA, and it keeps prices high enough that dairy farmers have a comfortable quality of life. Prices are about double American prices; it's really not that bad. Our standards also ensure that Canadian milk is essentially comparable to organic milk in the USA; it's all growth-hormone and antibiotic-free. We don't want to let lower-quality milk to flood our markets, since that would run counter to the system, so the WTO's decided that if we're limiting imports, we also have to limit our exports, out of fairness. And we (and our dairy farmers) are basically fine with that.

It's not a direct subsidy, it's a control on the market that ends up boosting prices and maximizing efficiency and reducing waste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    most you say.

you need to elaborate on that.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yeah, the right wing news and media.
    Only if you think most American media is rightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm not up on poultry farming, but with dairy, the supply management system basically lets the government control how much dairy farmers will be producing for the market, in Canada. This ensures that supply doesn't exceed demand, so we're no having to dump produced milk as they do in the USA, and it keeps prices high enough that dairy farmers have a comfortable quality of life. Prices are about double American prices; it's really not that bad. Our standards also ensure that Canadian milk is essentially comparable to organic milk in the USA; it's all growth-hormone and antibiotic-free. We don't want to let lower-quality milk to flood our markets, since that would run counter to the system, so the WTO's decided that if we're limiting imports, we also have to limit our exports, out of fairness. And we (and our dairy farmers) are basically fine with that.

It's not a direct subsidy, it's a control on the market that ends up boosting prices and maximizing efficiency and reducing waste.
    Ah, thanks for the info.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Nope.

You apparently didn't read the 2nd part of my fucking post.

Everything from National Review and to the right on this picture is basically shit.

A baker refusing service to a gay couple due to their sexuality - vital civil right!

A restaurant refusing service to an asshole based on the content of her character - unacceptable!

- - - Updated - - -

Why would they want to turn her away. She looks like she enjoys a good meal or two.
    Always funny watching you guys struggle to understand the concept that other people have principles.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ComprehendGood
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    A baker refusing service to a gay couple due to their sexuality - vital civil right!

A restaurant refusing service to an asshole based on the content of her character - unacceptable!

- - - Updated - - -
    Conservative media in a nutshell over the past month right here. We went from years of "private business can deny who they want!" to suddenly "them damn bigots how dare they" in the spam of one event.

I would be against this if I wasn't so tired of conservatives wanting to be dicks to lgbt people, so at this point, I really dont give a shit about the feelings of those that have spent years being dicks to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Are we going to demand separate drinking fountains for Republicans now? Do we kick out people for being gay? How about being religious? Where do we draw the line?

This sort of behavior shouldn’t be condoned. Shame on the owner.
    Those are all protected classes but political affiliations and who you work for aren't. I'd personally kick Sarah out not because she works for Trump or because she is a republican. She just lies constantly and basically defends every degenerative policy Trump comes up with and that shockingly comes with social consequences. I'd never want to be associated with Sean Spicier either because he did the same-thing and now works for a racist super pac. Trump has attacked every institution and is literally accused of every crime Hillary was but with actual indictments. To pretend that Sarah Huckabee isn't a degenerate at this point is shocking.

She even used her position to get the restaurant attacked and have Trump's followers post bad reviews through yelp and google.

I'm also kind of a petty asshole though.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-06-24 at 06:50 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if the only news you digest is from the State-run news and other lie-based right-wing 'news' outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    The hypocrite shitposting Trump supports will be here soon enough.
    Not a Trump supporter but I'm one of the few who doesnt think he's "literally Hitler."

Restaurant has the right to refuse service.

People have a right to boycott.

World will continue to turn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Conservative media in a nutshell over the past month right here. We went from years of "private business can deny who they want!" to suddenly "them damn bigots how dare they" in the spam of one event.

I would be against this if I wasn't so tired of conservatives wanting to be dicks to lgbt people, so at this point, I really dont give a shit about the feelings of those that have spent years being dicks to me.
    Yeah there a lot of people, on both sides, who seem to think something is fair and just until it happens to someone they support.

Personally I think there is nothing wrong with a Baker who refuses to serve a homosexual couple, and once news hits and they go out of business the free market will correct and a new bakery will open that wont have stupid business practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, is it possible for a Restaurant owner to refuse service to the President?

Not that McDonald's are going to take a strong political stance I suppose, but you never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    What goes around comes around.

That's the slick but-not-quite-right observation that feels pretty satisfying. Nonetheless, restaurant owners can deny service to whomever they want for whatever reason they want. Sanders may have a right to complain but it's breaking federal law to complain on her government twitter account instead of her personal account.

The fact that she, as a government official, used an official government social media account to complain about a purely personal incident that has nothing at all to do with her official duties as Press Secretary says more about her than she probably realizes.

The best Twitter response I've seen about this was a reply to Ari Fleisher's tweet about the inevitability of Republican and Democratic restaurants. Someone replied with a simple question as to "Who would do the cooking in a Republican restaurant?". Which if you think about it is a pretty good question. Executive chefs aren't noticeably very conservative.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-06-24 at 08:17 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-booted-667179

I'm sure Republicans will have no problem with this because it was a private business and all.
    I am a see myself as pretty center w/a leaning to the right, cause I am very pro military, 2nd amendment, strong borders etc etc... combine that with being a straight white male of course I am a republican.. lol

I have no problem w/this I think "any" institution should have the right to refuse service to anyone. With the exception of national chains, and government office

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The best Twitter response I've seen about this was a reply to Ari Fleisher's tweet about the inevitability of Republican and Democratic restaurants. Someone replied with a simple question as to "Who would do the cooking in a Republican restaurant?". Which if you think about it is a pretty good question. Executive chefs aren't noticeably very conservative.
    Hey we would still have Chic-Flilet ... = )
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Guchie View Post
    Not a Trump supporter but I'm one of the few who doesnt think he's "literally Hitler."
    Of course he isn't literally Hitler.

Hitler was in better shape for one thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course he isn't literally Hitler.

Hitler was in better shape for one thing.
    Not to mention intelligent.

Crazy but intelligent. Trump is crazy and stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The hive mind is already spreading the Dem vs Repub restaurants.... there's already been a repeat by one of our rezident woke independents.

This week I'm expecting many OP-Eds from various never-trumpers complaining about the incivility of Dems and Libs at restaurants.
    • David Brooks, George Will, Bar Weiss, are furiously typing as we speak....
    • I can only imagine Brooks will top his column complaining about elitist sandwiches from a few months back.

Alas they'll always have Chick-fil-a and Ye Olde Country Buffet. Though oxfords shirts, bow ties, and hushpuppies will be overdressing a bit. Poor elitists... but not those elitists!

**PSA**
    #RedHenHuckabee is a thing, and it's full of sick burns!
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2018-06-24 at 09:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Most corporate media is.

A restaurant refusing service to an asshole based on the content of her character - unacceptable
    I (and most posters here I think) have always maintained that a business owner should be able to refuse who ever they want and that the state should not stop in.

It's completely fine to complain that you were denied service. It's completely different to ask the state to step in and force an owner to serve you. You can see the difference I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    I (and most posters here I think) have always maintained that a business owner should be able to refuse who ever they want and that the state should not stop in.

It's completely fine to complain that you were denied service. It's completely different to ask the state to step in and force an owner to serve you. You can see the difference I hope.
    The simple fact of the matter is that you people always want to judge huge groups of others by things that can't be changed like race, gender, sexual preference, etc. while the rest of us judge individuals by their character.

Not too mention, with refusing to sell to gay people it is religious based and applied inconsistently....I mean its not like christian businesses are making sure they don;t sell cakes to people who are committing adultery.