Thread: Demo Changes!

Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's just an attempt to make Doom less shit because no one is going to use it. It is, for example, all but useless for anything other than a "main boss" level mob, because the absurdly long tick time guarantees that everything else will be dead before it goes off.

As it's only a 5% chance you wouldn;t be summoning Doomguards by the handful, not ever, since for one thing Doom is now only applyable manually. This would have been much stronger when we had Hand of Doom (in high M+ keys anyway)

The reality is that you won;t have many Dooms running and you won;t see many Doomguards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Only if you force yourself to level within the first 24 hours. Past that, the no life gankers will be 120 and purposely getting their jollies by ganking leveling characters. It's exactly what happened on the alpha.
    Well warmode is optional. If you feel it destroys your gaming experience then turn it off.

But it is fully intentional. The extra rewards are implemented as a compensation for the time lost.

I still think MoP Demo was best, I miss the opportunity to go in for a kill with instant casts and demonic leap. I also a fan of summoning demons to fight for me, but the only demons we can summon without CD are fucking imps. I like the "inner Demon" talent, but HoG should summon like a little purple Infernal. I like the Nether Portal, in PvP this could be a def/off cd cause nobody wants to be near that portal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashnakh View Post
    I still think MoP Demo was best, I miss the opportunity to go in for a kill with instant casts and demonic leap. I also a fan of summoning demons to fight for me, but the only demons we can summon without CD are fucking imps. I like the "inner Demon" talent, but HoG should summon like a little purple Infernal. I like the Nether Portal, in PvP this could be a def/off cd cause nobody wants to be near that portal.
    HoG landing us an infernal (even just a mini one from the Destro artifact) would be cool (and maybe power determined by shardcount). Imps should just summon at random (like 0-3 or something) from any spell we cast or from shards spent, something original. It's a bit weird to spend time/energy/resources to summon Imps. Imps should be the result of chaotic spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashnakh View Post
    MoP was the pinnacle of Warlock raiding for all specs.

Demo was insane with the Lei Shen trinket and both Affliction/Destro were so fun with Kil'Jaeden's Cunning.

They will have to make some major adjustments if they want the Doomguard addition to doom to be worth picking. Not only is it just 5% chance, you also have to kill the target with Doom. Though I will admit I am not sure if this could just be poorly worded in which it could actually mean "while Doom is active on a target". The soul shard generation by the Doomguard could make it a very strong choice, but currently it would be majority of the time a dead talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dibullba View Post
    They will have to make some major adjustments if they want the Doomguard addition to doom to be worth picking. Not only is it just 5% chance, you also have to kill the target with Doom. Though I will admit I am not sure if this could just be poorly worded in which it could actually mean "while Doom is active on a target". The soul shard generation by the Doomguard could make it a very strong choice, but currently it would be majority of the time a dead talent.
    I've heard it's poor wording, it's when a target dies with it active, though I'm still not a fan.

Deleted
    a 5% chance might as well not exist.

there is a very minor benefit during encounters with very low HP adds (which won't require you to do anything) and movement during add spawn.
    Unless the Doomguard disappears after it's "first" target it attack dies?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooby View Post
    Going to go ahead and assume thats a datamining error in the new build, not an attempt to get us to summon a dozen doomguards at once
    Given it appears that it has to be doom itself that gets the killing blow to summon doom guards its still going to be rare as hens teeth even if it was 100% chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also on test doom if you recast on a target accidentally before last doom expires you reset the duration and it won't detonate till the new duration expires unlike live where clipping it does not hurt you dps wise.

Hopefully they will get the Commander to work properly before it goes live. Currently it only seems to extend your wild imps duration, but only because they usually perish before the timer has run out based on the 5 attack rule in place. I would not care if Dreadstalkers do not benefit from the time extension, but any other demon summoned like Vilefiend and Felguard should be benefiting.

Aff will rule again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Well warmode is optional. If you feel it destroys your gaming experience then turn it off.

But it is fully intentional. The extra rewards are implemented as a compensation for the time lost.
    It won;t work out that way though. As the poster above noted, after the first 24 hours, you will get the people who levelle dup in the first day because they took time off or don't have a job at all and spent 12 hours chained to their desk playing nothing but WoW (with war mode enabled to make it 15% faster), probably as a group with "friends" (I use the term loosely)

They'll hit 120 and then they'll spend the next month wandering around griefing and gangking lower level players with their "friends" or generally griefing if they are on their own. I can easily see these no lifers who get their kicks from nothing other than ruining someone else's fun. It's not about rewards, or anything else, they are just digital bullies who like picking on people weaker than themselves with no real risk of any sort of 'punishment'

Once that gets going most will decide that the 15% extra XP isn;t worth it, and it's gonna take as long anyway when you consider the corpse runs and constantly having to look over your shoulder etc

I used to play an old MMO where players could summon other players, or steal stuff off them, and there were always plenty of arseholes around who did nothing but kill weaker players (there was absolutely no gain for doing this), or to summon them to places that couldn't be escaped (trap rooms like swamps or pits, you couldn;t get out), they'd steal weapons off you when you were fighting an NPC or even take vital items like keys and deliberately destroy them

For no other reason than to make the game suck for other people.

It was an very old game and the ultimate aim was to become a Wizard - at which point you became immortal and gained a whole bunch of extra powers like being able to teleport anywhere, be invisible, etc. And you could zap other players with lightning that kicked them out of the game - I took enormous pleasure in policing the griefers by zapping them!

War Mode will be like RBG, only not only is there no attempt to balance composition, there won;t be any balance between faction numbers.

If people want PVP they can join a PVP server. The devs I think said they don;t understand why people dislike world PVP. lol.
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2018-06-23 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am totally not sure what's the crying about there. If you have the balls for it - turn on War Mode, if not - you aren't losing much. Leveling 110-120 is about 20 hours give or take.

It is there for people who want to participate, most will have it off. I, personally, will mostly have it off, because I don't PvP in WoW and don't care about measly bonuses that don't matter.

Then I will quickly get fed Mythic Raiding stuff and turn it on, because I will be able to win most of the encounters purely out-gearing the opposition on top of warlocks being generally good duelists. Unfair advantage? Yeah, that's what WPvP and duels were always about. If you want some super fair show of skill - you have arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    I used to play an old MMO where players could summon other players, or steal stuff off them, and there were always plenty of arseholes around who did nothing but kill weaker players (there was absolutely no gain for doing this), or to summon them to places that couldn't be escaped (trap rooms like swamps or pits, you couldn;t get out), they'd steal weapons off you when you were fighting an NPC or even take vital items like keys and deliberately destroy them

For no other reason than to make the game suck for other people.

If people want PVP they can join a PVP server. The devs I think said they don;t understand why people dislike world PVP. lol.
    The whole WoW vanilla was this way ON PVP SERVERS, why do you think blizzard did not allow character transfers from PvE => PvP servers for MANY YEARS?
    Half of the community will enjoy it, just as players on PVP VANILLA SERVERS did and half of the community won't enjoy it just as the CAREBEAR VANILLA players.

I don't really like the choice to mix CAREBEAR and PVP servers together, the former attracts more singleplayer type of "MMO-players" and latter more group players. If you are alone and helpless you QUIT or SOCIALIZE to help yourself. Thats why the community on PVE and PVP servers are still different.

BfA will be more frustrating for new players, because the WoW FACTION CHOICE was the minor one, the big one was allways the SERVER TYPE.
    Last edited by Ange; 2018-06-23 at 10:40 PM.
    -

I'm not good at not a fan of PvP in this game.

But I've been on PvP servers each of the 11years I've played the game. My most memoy moments are in the context of PvP.

I'm not good at it (yet), and I hate getting griefed as much as the next guy. But I'm playing with War Mode on. It's just part of the game to me. Can't imagine WoW without wpvp.

I do wish some of the warmode talents were baseline, like Master Summoner for instance. Feels weird to play in the world with that talent, have queue pop, and instance into a 5 man and be hard casting Stalkers again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    turn on War Mode, if not - you aren't losing much.
    If that was only true then there wouldn't be an issue.

The problem is that blizzard pruned many iconic core class abilities and moved them to PVP talents. The PVP talents make a lot of specs feel complete and/or just plain more fun. I didn't care about the 15% XP buff when leveling on alpha, but as soon as I turned off war mode and lost those extra abilities it was very grating and the fun factor went down tenfold.

Deleted
    stop derailing the thread with your warmode discussions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    If that was only true then there wouldn't be an issue.

The problem is that blizzard pruned many iconic core class abilities and moved them to PVP talents. The PVP talents make a lot of specs feel complete and/or just plain more fun. I didn't care about the 15% XP buff when leveling on alpha, but as soon as I turned off war mode and lost those extra abilities it was very grating and the fun factor went down tenfold.
    The PvP talents don't do shit and they don't make specs feel more complete at all.
    You get "on the move" felhounds, which is - in PVE - completely unnecessary... Especially while leveling.
    Destro gets a stronger chaos bolt, which is more damage and usefull, but doesn't change anything in terms of spec design.

And that's about it.
    This is true for pretty much all the Specs I've tested in BFA.

They are PVP talents for a reason. Because most of the skills are just bloating your skill bar in PVE.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-06-24 at 08:10 AM.

Deleted
    I am totally not sure what's the crying about there. If you have the balls for it - turn on War Mode, if not - you aren't losing much. Leveling 110-120 is about 20 hours give or take.
    Not so much "crying" as pointing out the bleeding obvous. War Mode is just a way to try to entice people into world PVP and to make levelling less of a grind. Most people will discover that the inevitable griefing, gangking and general faction number/class imbalances will make it not worth the candle: at all.
    It is there for people who want to participate, most will have it off. I, personally, will mostly have it off, because I don't PvP in WoW and don't care about measly bonuses that don't matter.

Then I will quickly get fed Mythic Raiding stuff and turn it on, because I will be able to win most of the encounters purely out-gearing the opposition on top of warlocks being generally good duelists. Unfair advantage? Yeah, that's what WPvP and duels were always about. If you want some super fair show of skill - you have arenas.
    It's always been there, it's called a PVP server. Unfortunately, the main effect is War Mode will not be exciting fun, it will mostly be a way to demonstrate that human being in a situation where they can behave like arseholes without fear of retribution will, indeed, behave like arseholes.

What satisfaction is there from beating someone because you outgear them?

Apart from sitting at your computer witha smug grin of superiority on your face as you think "I'm bored, I know, I'll go and be a pain in the arse to someone weaker then me, that'll be fun"?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    What satisfaction is there from beating someone because you outgear them?
    A false sense of accomplishment by taking the road with the least resistance. Possible insecurities in not seeing the fun in doing organized PvP such as arena as people tend to remember negative aspects more easily than positive ones as that is how human brains are wired for survival. Regardless of the reason, anyway this thread can get back on topic about Demonology Warlock?