Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    this is not new at all, blizzard has allways released the product unfinished.
    blizzard themselves admitted vanilla wow had no raids at launch, literally the last week before launch they added molten core, 1 week (and it shows, literally 1 unique model, and horrid mechanics)
    like seriously vanilla was gunna have no raids at launch until 1 week before its launch.
    it also was planned to have necromancers, demon hunters, and outland but guess what they rushed it out the door andn ever added those.
    BC aparently had a fair amount of stuff cut, but blizzard has never said exactly what was other pandaren were supposed to be alliance race instead of draenei.
    WoTlk LITERALLY SHIPPED WITH "ARIEL PVP COMBAT" ON THE BOX BUT IT STILL IS NOT IN THE GAME, WTF BLIZZ
    cataclysm path of titans- do i need to keep giving more example?
    wow has allways shipped "hey this is not in or this is broken, we will do this later"
    Exactly and there are a few videos on youtube that go into what was cut from the various iterations of WoW..

Cut from Vanilla:

Cut From WoTLK

Cut from Cataclysm:

It is released when it is ready for open beta.

The Blizzard polish in WoW died with the end of MoP. Everything after that was and will be a sloppy mess.

Activison happened plus the retard generation of gamers that buy early access unfinished game .

P.s : Blizzard is still one of the few companies that deliver acceptable game when they release . Just look at shitshow that is Destiny 2 for example .

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Thing is in this case they wouldn't have even had to delay it, just not bump it up a month like they did for some odd reason. An extra month to work on things would really help things tbh. I'm not entirely sure why they bumped it up, but there had to be a reason for it because at the time of the announcement most of us thought September was going to be pretty ambitious as it was.
    They didn't exactly "bump it up". They never gave a release date before the one we have, they only gave a "no later then" date which is required in some regions for legal purposes - which actually happens to be the same "no later then" date we had for Legion, just two years later, and Legion also released in August.

There never was any indication that they planned to release BfA any later then its now going to be released at.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    The Blizzard polish in WoW died with the end of MoP. Everything after that was and will be a sloppy mess.
    you mean how vanilla was missing most of its content and alot of it never got added
    or how WoTLK launched and still doesent have something that was put ON THE WOTLK BOX

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Activison happened plus the retard generation of gamers that buy early access unfinished game .

P.s : Blizzard is still one of the few companies that deliver acceptable game when they release . Just look at shitshow that is Destiny 2 for example .
    didnt know activision owned blizz in burning crusade and vanilla...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Even this is a bit off, the real problem stems from the pre-purchase sales and with new regulations internationally to give release dates to go with those purchases within a certain period of time. Back in the day when just retailers were doing "reserved copies" and "pre-purchases" then Blizzard was free to release whenever and the retailers could say, "We don't make it, we just sell it and the vendor hasn't sent out any copies yet". Now since Blizzard is chasing the pre-purchase sales, trying to remove the retailers from the supply chain in order to up their profits they now have a lot more responsibility on their delivery time.
    It has nothing to do with pre-purchase sales. The problem is still in the manufacture and distribution of the physical boxes. With a game this large, with global sales and a massive presence, they need to have those boxes coordinated to be on the shelves at a set time for a release. You act like the Blizzard of ages ago is the same as the Blizzard of now all because of intentional business decisions to make money off pre-orders when fundamentally pre-orders aren't any different than reserving a copy with a game store except they're cutting out the middle man. It has zero impact on delivery times. It has to do with the fact that their business has massively grown and the changes required to maintain an infrastructure of distribution is different for a company of their size versus what they were 15+ years ago.

The software industry in general is different now than it was back then because they can very easily apply updates and patches to software after release. This isn't the early 90's where they needed to have everything completely solid on a set of discs with the Warcraft RTS. Now even with physical distributions of single player games they expect to be able to update online. Again, you pretend this is some massive conspiracy to provide sub-par QC to customers to save a buck. It's not. It's just business done on the scale of a company the size of Blizzard combined with changes in technology over time. Nothing more or less.

As far as the cinematic approach, I've intentionally avoided playing much of the beta. I'll play it when it's live.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    That motto doesn't work well with a subscription-based game lol.

It would work if they had separate expansion and patch content teams, but they don't, because..... ???

I have no idea why they haven't done that by now.
    I once read somewhere that they have 2 teams. One that worked on BC, Cata, WoD... and the other that worked on WotLK, MoP, Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Blizzard mission statement point 'commit to quality'

Whatever happened to committing to quality? We've just had a Blizzard game director openly admit that they will be releasing a game knowing that the quality of their work is nowhere near the usual standard in class design.

Why have they gone against their own mission statement and not delayed BFA to bring the classes to a more respectable level like they have in the past? Most players won’t remember whether the game was late -- only whether it was great. Where is the 'Blizzard polish' in class design?
    I have to regretfully share that one of the happenings is due to the community not finding themselves able to wait a little longer. Many consume things like locust and once it is all gone, then we start counting the minutes, hours, days of lacking content that many will consume and devour just as fast. Of course, I am not saying that there aren't anyone pressuring from behind the doors at Blizzard but in the end, it is the numbers that dictate and the hard numbers comes from their knowledge of the community.

If Blizzard had believed their content not to be fully ready at any of the expensions (Except MoP, that drought can go to hell) then I'd gladly wait a few more months. Though, from Blizzard's side, they have to release within well enough time from BlizzCon to not steal away playing time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I once read somewhere that they have 2 teams. One that worked on BC, Cata, WoD... and the other that worked on WotLK, MoP, Legion.
    They have technically 3, but 2 active ones. One that works the current running expansion and one the sets up and develops the next. The 3rd 'team' is actually asset people who's been given permission to sketch out ideas to reference a future expansion idea. That is how we get our Blizzard Store mounts too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Because people like "you" end up whining regardless. If they release it on time with a few things pushed for 8.1 you'll whine that they need to get better devs and plan better, if they release it two months after time you'll whine that the content draught is too long and that they need to get better devs and plan better. It's a lose-lose because "you" as a community is made up of an ungrateful bunch of entitlement warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Because people like "you" end up whining regardless. If they release it on time with a few things pushed for 8.1 you'll whine that they need to get better devs and plan better, if they release it two months after time you'll whine that the content draught is too long and that they need to get better devs and plan better. It's a lose-lose because "you" as a community is made up of an ungrateful bunch of entitlement warriors.
    Yeah, (often same) people whine when:

- we have more RNG loot (legendaries) and predictable loot (azerite armor)
    - there are no requirements for raiding (WoD) or there is a lot busy work (Legion)
    - Blizz take their time and release "when it's ready" (Legion) or there is tight release schedule to cut content drought (BfA)
    - classes had lot of changes (Legion) and classes have very little changes (BfA few months ago)

.. and in the end they just whine that devs won't listen to feedback from forums.

Deleted
    Stop right there. Its not like Blizzard is doing a service for the community developing content, they are paid in expansion revenue, sub revenue and multiple ingame purchases revenue.

I doubt we ever had content delayed by community outrage or lack of interest/content testing on PTRs/Beta, but on the other hand multiple tiers of content was delayed due to Blizzard, or canceled outright because the investment was not worth the revenue $ wise. BFA itself is an experiment into how little resources/assets can go in a full price WoW expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    because that motto is extremly terrible for business
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Stop right there. Its not like Blizzard is doing a service for the community developing content, they are paid in expansion revenue, sub revenue and multiple ingame purchases revenue.

I doubt we ever had content delayed by community outrage or lack of interest/content testing on PTRs/Beta, but on the other hand multiple tiers of content was delayed due to Blizzard, or canceled outright because the investment was not worth the revenue $ wise. BFA itself is an experiment into how little resources/assets can go in a full price WoW expansion.
    What tier or content was ever cancelled? If you're presenting claims like that you ought to be able to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you mean how vanilla was missing most of its content and alot of it never got added
    or how WoTLK launched and still doesent have something that was put ON THE WOTLK BOX
    No. I mean the stuff that got released was not thought through and sloppily executed, or in the case of WoD: bugged to the boot. Or classed left in an unplayable state like warlocks and disc priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Wait for 8.1

lol
    8.1 likely dec/jan. gonna be a bit of a wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    People get impatient and there's very clear evidence that the business rewards buggy releases on a regular basis instead of promising a date and then delaying it.

You of all people, who have made numerous threads complaining about how slow they are to release content and content droughts, should be the last one to bitch about them attempting to release stuff on a schedule instead of waiting until it passes every single QA test. Your thread complaining how it might be 2019 before we see BfA is enough evidence of that.
    everything he posts is garbage. its meant to incite a response and he always seems to get one.

Because people like "me" actually want a proper product for the $$$ they are spending? The audacity...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post

I think they have been experimenting with that for a while now. How low can we go until people stop spending time and money.

Over are the times when Blizzard actually wanted to make a good product first and foremost. Yeah, I know, here comes the "it's a business"-yada yada.

It's only a business if you actually have a product tho. Otherwise it's a scam. And that's where Blizzard is headed

What happened to "buy when it's ready" then? I'd much rather have content faster at the cost of polish but i do get the people who would rather wait for a better experience. I am just wondering where this need to play it at launch comes from the people who complain it is not ready. Surely you can wait and not buy it then? Or is it the feeling of being left behind or what? It's like complaining the cake is bad then buying and eating it anyhow.

There has never been a launch in as bad of a state as i thought the game was when the last patch of wod took over a year. Close second is the end of mop, again, for lasting too long. There has to be compromises in either the pace or quality of content coming out. Third option would be spending a lot more money on making the game and seeing the prices go up and that doesn't seem to be going well whenever they do.
    Last edited by Cthulhu fhtagn; 2018-06-24 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yeah, (often same) people whine when:

- we have more RNG loot (legendaries) and predictable loot (azerite armor)
    - there are no requirements for raiding (WoD) or there is a lot busy work (Legion)
    - Blizz take their time and release "when it's ready" (Legion) or there is tight release schedule to cut content drought (BfA)
    - classes had lot of changes (Legion) and classes have very little changes (BfA few months ago)

.. and in the end they just whine that devs won't listen to feedback from forums.
    This is exactly why I don't envy the devs at Blizzard. Some people are just looking for a reason to be negative and whine.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Activision
    Couldn't agree more, this game WAS AMAZING with how much care they put into this game before they were bought then all the sudden they started getting this "desire" coughmoneycough to put shit out faster when they really don't understand that the unsilent majority of this game will always spend more on QUALITY and stay longer than if they feel they are being fed shit just so some company can make it's quarterly projections....quality ALWAYS beats quantity.
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!