Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    David Bossie, former deputy campaign manager for Trump, appeared on Fox News Sunday today and told a black guest that he was out of his "cotton-picking mind". It didn't end well:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0321a01d22bb2
    I've... never actually made that connection. Huh. On looking it up, it's pretty unclear that there's a direct link between that phrase and slavery. I can certainly see someone using it without meaning it in a racial sense. It's just seemed like a term used to add emphasis. Still, yeah, I can also see how it could be offensive. On the other hand, former deputy campaign manager? Can't say that gets me to care all that much.

Just another day in Trumpcaucasiastan: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...ortation-order

"Parents in immigration detention who’ve been separated from their children are being told their families can be reunited if they sign voluntary deportation orders, the Texas Tribune reported Sunday."

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...ut-due-process

"President Donald Trump on Sunday proposed violating U.S. and international law by deporting “people [who] invade our Country,” presumably referring to undocumented immigrants and asylum-seekers, without affording them their Due Process rights.

We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country. When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came. Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order. Most children come without parents…

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 24, 2018

….Our Immigration policy, laughed at all over the world, is very unfair to all of those people who have gone through the system legally and are waiting on line for years! Immigration must be based on merit – we need people who will help to Make America Great Again!

“The right to Due Process of law is enshrined in the Constitution and extends to every person in the United States, irrespective of immigration status,” Jeremy McKinney, an immigration attorney and secretary of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, told TPM in an email responding to Trump’s tweet.

'The Supreme Court, for well over a century has expressly recognized a person cannot be deported without Due Process. Due Process at its core means notice and a full and fair opportunity to be heard.'

'I hate that we (as attorneys and media) have to spend any time on this stupidity,' he added."

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...r-layoffs-asks

Missouri building nail supplier blames Trump for layoffs due to high steel tariffs and has lobbied Democratic US Senator Claire McCaskill for help.
    Suckers like these deserve it. DO NOTHING! Someone tell him to buy MAGA hat before filing for bankruptcy!

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...r-layoffs-asks

Missouri building nail supplier blames Trump for layoffs due to high steel tariffs and has lobbied Democratic US Senator Claire McCaskill for help.
    Hahahaha, get fucked Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Just another day in Trumpcaucasiastan: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...ortation-order

"Parents in immigration detention who’ve been separated from their children are being told their families can be reunited if they sign voluntary deportation orders, the Texas Tribune reported Sunday."

"President Donald Trump on Sunday proposed violating U.S. and international law by deporting “people [who] invade our Country,” presumably referring to undocumented immigrants and asylum-seekers, without affording them their Due Process rights.

We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country. When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came. Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order. Most children come without parents…

….Our Immigration policy, laughed at all over the world, is very unfair to all of those people who have gone through the system legally and are waiting on line for years! Immigration must be based on merit – we need people who will help to Make America Great Again!

“The right to Due Process of law is enshrined in the Constitution and extends to every person in the United States, irrespective of immigration status,” Jeremy McKinney, an immigration attorney and secretary of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, told TPM in an email responding to Trump’s tweet.

'The Supreme Court, for well over a century has expressly recognized a person cannot be deported without Due Process. Due Process at its core means notice and a full and fair opportunity to be heard.'

'I hate that we (as attorneys and media) have to spend any time on this stupidity,' he added."
    Trump has fascist ideologies? I am surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post

So, they are really holding the children hostage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    So, they are really holding the children hostage.
    to be fair the US holding children hostages isn't a new thing. Who do you think sanctions crush?

again Trump is just compounding existing problems within the usa

Dunno if this has been posted, but the DOJ is diverting resources from drug smuggling cases to handle Trump's zero-tolerance arrests.

Days after Attorney General Jeff Sessions instructed prosecutors to bring charges against anyone who enters the United States illegally, a Justice Department supervisor in San Diego sent an email to border authorities warning that immigration cases “will occupy substantially more of our resources.” He wrote that the U.S. Attorney’s Office there was “diverting staff, both support and attorneys, accordingly.”

The email, sent by the lawyer who runs the office’s major crimes unit, said prosecutors needed to streamline their work on smuggling cases. He said that would mean tight deadlines – sometimes just a few hours to produce reports and recordings – for those that would land in federal court. Going forward, the lawyer, Fred Sheppard, warned, if agents can’t meet that high bar, “the case will be declined.”

Sessions last month ordered federal prosecutors along the southwest border to bring criminal charges against every adult caught entering the United States illegally, a “zero tolerance” push meant to deter migrants. Those cases typically are seldom more than symbolic — most of the people who are charged are sentenced to no additional jail time and a $10 fee — but they have served as the legal basis for separating thousands of children from their parents at the border.

The border crackdown has produced a high-speed assembly line of minor cases in federal courts from California to Texas, more than doubling the caseloads there. This month alone, USA TODAY identified more than 4,100 migrants who were charged with minor crimes after crossing into the United States from Mexico.
    This is the problem the paranoid right keeps failing to acknowledge. Sure, it gives you guys boners to prosecute every single immigrant, but we don't have infinite judges and case workers. That's why Trump wants to abolish Due Process for immigrants, of course. Just throw the Constitution out the window if it means we can throw out more brown people and abduct their children!
    Last edited by LaserSharkDFB; 2018-06-24 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    But isn't the entire argument that illegal immigrants are bringing drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    But isn't the entire argument that illegal immigrants are bringing drugs?
    Some, I assume, are good people.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Some, I assume, are good people.
    Which is why we need to arrest them all for their own safety rather than focusing our resources on the known drug smugglers. Makes sense to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    David Bossie, former deputy campaign manager for Trump, appeared on Fox News Sunday today and told a black guest that he was out of his "cotton-picking mind". It didn't end well:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0321a01d22bb2
    Worst part is the host sitting there with a stupid smile and trying to pretend like it's all fine and resolved after that. A typical "both sides" face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Which is why we need to arrest them all for their own safety rather than focusing our resources on the known drug smugglers. Makes sense to me!
    wait, I thought we were supposed to be killing all the drug dealers like Duterte does, cause screw not having cruel and unusual punishment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    wait, I thought we were supposed to be killing all the drug dealers like Duterte does, cause screw not having cruel and unusual punishment
    It's right there in their book. Right after screw the poor, kill those who oppose you, you get to something about camels and sticking rich needles in their eyes. It's in the Gospel of Saint Bastard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    It's right there in their book. Right after screw the poor, kill those who oppose you, you get to something about camels and sticking rich needles in their eyes. It's in the Gospel of Saint Bastard.
    You forgot make sure babies are born at all cost so you can put them baby prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You forgot make sure babies are born at all cost so you can put them baby prison.
    You also forgot backing actual pimps for office. Yeah, I am not making this up, Dennis Hof (Who is the largest legal brothel owner in the US) is running as a republican with wide support from evangelicals. You can read more about it here. Yes, he has a record of sexual assault allegations, and no, the god fearing Christians of Nevada do not believe them. I do not understand the reality we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    You also forgot backing actual pimps for office. Yeah, I am not making this up, Dennis Hof (Who is the largest legal brothel owner in the US) is running as a republican with wide support from evangelicals. You can read more about it here. Yes, he has a record of sexual assault allegations, and no, the god fearing Christians of Nevada do not believe them. I do not understand the reality we live in.
    He's married to Heidi Fleiss?

First headline that comes up when I google him:

"BunnyRanch owner wins evangelical support"

What a fucking world ahahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Trump is off his meds again.

.@jimmyfallon is now whimpering to all that he did the famous “hair show” with me (where he seriously messed up my hair), & that he would have now done it differently because it is said to have “humanized” me-he is taking heat. He called & said “monster ratings.” Be a man Jimmy!
    So the POTUS is attacking a private citizen of the United States. I actually had to check the time line since this is old news on Fallon's statement.

I know know Trump is fighting the great crusade against Hollywood Elite; yada, yada. Yet how does this move forward his policies on something a year old. It's just a rant.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

So the POTUS is attacking a private citizen of the United States. I actually had to check the time line since this is old news on Fallon's statement.

I know know Trump is fighting the great crusade against Hollywood Elite; yada, yada. Yet how does this move forward his policies on something a year old. It's just a rant.
    Something must be coming up soon for him to be making a pariah out of some random celebrity. How much you want to bet Mueller got another one or we're about to learn another new horrendous thing of the White House and/or Trump.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

Dont you mean once again attacking a private citizen? He feels like NBC owes him some sort of allegiance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Something must be coming up soon for him to be making a pariah out of some random celebrity. How much you want to bet Mueller got another one or we're about to learn another new horrendous thing of the White House and/or Trump.
    Sentencing, court dates, Cohen is reportedly on a tell all tour.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Sentencing, court dates, Cohen is reportedly on a tell all tour.
    That's true, I did forget about all of that. Who's court date is coming up real soon?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866