Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It's funny you say that, since the crafted pieces only went up to 700. Which would suggest you're the one remembering things incorrectly. And base-Heroic ilevel was 705, with Archimonde himself dropping 715.

The difference between Tanaan Jungle upgraded piece and fully-upgraded crafted piece was a whopping 5 ilevels.

3 less-than heroic item level pieces, with random stat combinations each time you craft/grind them into new stats, which takes a week of time-gated resource gathering to upgrade - as opposed to a day of grinding apexis crystals to get a nearly-the-same piece of gear.

Yes, it's clearly medication that I'm missing. I have too much common sense.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=127733/s...xweave-essence
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=187521/...blocker-lenses
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=187513/...nished-essence
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=187515/...esteel-essence

You can upgrade items to 715

Shut the fuck up, you knownothing scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Some expansions have better story, some have more gameplay improvements, some have better PVP or PVE, and some, like Legion, nail everything down almost perfectly.

Pandaria is also a good example, except the treatment of pandaren as hypocritical useless retards and just blatant copy paste of China everywhere wore me out fast on the ambiance. Gameplay and Horde/Alliance story were great otherwise, although raids were the worst of any expansion, outside Siege, which lasted too long though.

I can't say though that paying my full expansion cost + 2-3 months of gameplay at least, I've ever felt cheated out of my money. Does this mean I'm not pissed at blizzard for when they're lazy and can do a lot more? No, I fucking despise them for that, however, I can't say any expansion I've bought left me "omg utter waste of money from the get-go".

Looking at BFA some shit's in a dire state, however, if they do the usual last 2 month hustle to launch and fix most of the blatant issues, it's gonna be worth at least 3-4 months of gametime.
    everything since the second half of wotlk has been bad

The most recent expansion always seems to get dumped on in these things. WoD taking some heat goes beyond that trend though. For me if you took any one expansion and that was all you knew of the game they all stand up on their own except WoD. They all have faults of their own, WoD has few successes though. The best thing that happened in WoD was it ended.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I don't think there's ever been an expansion that didn't justify its box price as a fun game worth sinking a few dozen hours into. There have been expansions that didn't justify the ongoing sub fee afterwards, though.

MoP was terrible if you didn't raid. It was as much a filler expansion as WoD was. The questing was absolutely dreadfully terrible in MoP, and I only liked a couple of the dungeons.

I actually enjoyed WoDs questing, cut scenes, and heroics. Garrison system gave me a reason to log in every day, I enjoyed raising my gold farming army. It took weeks. It gave me a huge reason to level alts, something no other expansion has really done. The problem with WoD, I think, was lack of patches.

I remember why I have you on ignore now. My mistake, even bothering to look in the first place.
    Oh, so you were wrong and don't want to admit it after making a fool of yourself? Sounds about right. Cya, jackass.

wod was pretty decent if you raided

if you didnt tho... oh boy

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    Sorry but WoD was genuinely just bad
    This , I played countless hours in tbc , wotlk , cata mop and legion , legion felt like a mobile version of world of warcraft after you were done with apexis farming . Being stuck on the ground and having nothing that feels like i should be doing killed my interest for the expansion before our guild killed blackhand in the foundry. As a raider all i needed to do weekly was sending followers to fetch me gear and showing up on raid nights .

Tanaan , looking back, seems to me like the most boring zone in the whole game and the fact that anyway there were only 3 raids speaks for itself .
    Honestly I think something bad must have happened at blizzard at the time too much scrapped content and lore that doesn't make much sense at the major points of the expansion

Nah, normally I'm a pretty reasonable person and am willing to admit when I'm wrong.

Except to pricks like you. I don't feel like explaining myself.
    I don't care tbh, you were wrong and strong from the onset, fuck your feelings, you're wrong and you're a baby on top of it. Go ahead and block me or whatever it is you need to live in your bubble of ignorance, idc idc.

But, you're welcome. I'm here to educate people like you in spite of your personality.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Keep digging that hole of ignorance deeper, bud.
    keep digging that hole of mediocrity, bud.
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

I will never understand the hate towards WoD, maybe it's because I'm pretty antisocial. But I seriously loved the Garrison, the Horde's Garrison being my favorite.
    What is there more to love than killing thousands of orcs? I never got tired.

Back there when server hoping was still a thing, oh the good days.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    I will never understand the hate towards WoD, maybe it's because I'm pretty antisocial. But I seriously loved the Garrison, the Horde's Garrison being my favorite.
    What is there more to love than killing thousands of orcs? I never got tired.

Back there when server hoping was still a thing, oh the good days.
    I loved garrissons as well, if WoD had Legion's world quest system it would have been heaven.

WoW has never been universally bad. WOD just sticks out because, despite having good leveling quests and from what I can tell good raids, there was sweet FA to do at endgame outside of those raids, since your garrisons handed you everything you needed. That made it particularly quit-worthy due to boredom.

Different expansions had different glaring flaws. Even Legion, which I will praise till the end of days, had legiondaries which were universally panned and overuse of the time gating.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    wod was pretty decent if you raided

if you didnt tho... oh boy
    This
    This x100000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    well every single xpac had something good about it

expect WoD no matter how hard i try i can't find something redeeming about it
    We got the group finder out of it I think, with the ability to queue for mythics, mythic+'s, normal and above raids, and certain group activities like the fisherfriends quickly and efficiently cross-realm.

I agree I wouldn't say I felt I wasted my money on any expansion. BFA may be the one to break the trend tho. Personally I enjoyed most of WoD. Highmaul was lackluster but BRF was awesome. HFC wasn't terrible; it just lasted way too long. I didn't mind garrisons. I don't care for major cities anyway. I rather enjoyed having everything I needed in my own little instance. That being said, I feel like the game quality is decling. I'm part of the minority that thinks Legion was worse, and from my time in alpha/beta I'm not sure BFA is even as good as Legion. Legion had some cool features and I'm glad it offered so much, but the core systems, the AP grind, praying for the right leggos that made up ~30% of a spec's dps, artifact knowledge, relics and the clusterfuck rng that came with them, busted trinkets and ridiculous titanforging, all of that made Legion the closest thing to a bad Wow expansion I've ever played. Even if I choose to overlook those things and just compare the pve content, legion was disappointing, to me at least. Night Hold was the only raid I really enjoyed, but they dicked it up with artifact levels / ap requirements.

TL;DR I thought 75% of Legion sucked. Mythic + was the saving grace. Still NOT a bad expansion when compared to other games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol the WoD hate train, for a few more years...

Since Cata, I enjoy the beginning and ends of expansions ~3-5 months.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

WoD was a low point for game design, MoP had some rather hit or miss elements as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Even WoD had redeeming qualities such as the raiding content.

But objectively, it was a piss-poor attempt at an expansion and the company should be ashamed by it.
    I'm not sure you know what "objectively" means...