Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Let me guess, Thailand? Yeah, sorry to say, but that's not real love. That's a transaction for a better life, and her showing "love" that way.
    No, Philippines. She loves my father, she's not a mail order bride. My aunt on mothers side married a Swedish man recently and she is in her 50s and she is receiving the mail order bride treatment too because she moved across the world even though she is not a mail order bride.

She clearly married your father for a passport and a shot at a better life.

You cant convince me that wasnt her intention now sure i bet its a mutually beneficial partnership in that she gets to live in a nice country and he gets to feel young again by sleeping with a young nubile woman.

Just dont be surprised if it all ends in tears thats all

Quote Originally Posted by Yehat View Post
    She clearly married your father for a passport and a shot at a better life.

You cant convince me that wasnt her intention now sure i bet its a mutually beneficial partnership in that she gets to live in a nice country and he gets to feel young again by sleeping with a young nubile woman.

Just dont be surprised if it all ends in tears thats all
    OP is old enough to be able to type coherent sentences on the internet which is probably longer than what is necessary for his mother to get citizenship and a divorce in Sweden...I agree that mail order/looking for love abroad is generally a bad idea, because most people are just looking for a better life. But if they're still together, they probably have something real. Which is probably relatively rare, considering the age gap and cultural differences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese and onion View Post
    Why does it matter if it's a woman who is in her 50s who moves across the world, marrying a man in another country? Why does it matter if it's a 20 year old that is with a 50 year old?

Why can't people respect love?
    Because people have preconceived notions of what love is, and if you don't conform to those, then it isn't love. Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    People are idiots, thats all it is. My mother got the same treatment when she married my father, and she is adopted and have lived in Norway since she was 1-2 years old.

I also got the weird look and people saying stuff to me when I was in Vietnam with my SO, She is born and raised in Norway, but has vietnamese/chinese parents. Since I was a fat slob at the time, and she was doing most of the talking in Vietnamese and I was the one in bringing our wallet around people assumed things.

Deleted
    She isn't... They met when he was in her country visiting and they fell in love. They say she's a mail order bride and act as if they don't love each other even though they married due to love.
    Well duh, you also do a test drive in a new car you are gonna buy it's only normal you visit the women you gonna buy and own the rest of your life ...
    Last edited by mmocd9c49027e6; 2018-06-25 at 09:51 AM.

Deleted
    The relations ship with a big age difference is mostly envy I can imagine. Or just resentment because people know they can't compete with younger people.

Deleted
    obligatory

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The relations ship with a big age difference is mostly envy I can imagine. Or just resentment because people know they can't compete with younger people.
    Most 20 year old women in developed countries do not to want date 50 year old men, and vice versa. But a friend's 50 year old sister broke up with her bf and immediately started dating a 30 year old, and he was hanging around for awhile before they started dating. She looks really young for her age, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I just said lol since the OP seems to be talking about a specific couple. I support all consensual relationships. Are you trying to get people to call me out for my views? Really strange that you had to mention something I said elsewhere to try and show me up.
    It's also really strange to be really ok with incest. Lol indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    obligatory

I've never watched that show before, might have to now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I think the point is that they should keep quiet. Like so what? What does it matter what her reasoning was?
    You are the type of person that let's anything wrong you see happening just slide because just keep quiet right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    obligatory

This.

Everything else is what humans made up around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Most 20 year old women in developed countries do not to want date 50 year old men, and vice versa. But a friend's 50 year old sister broke up with her bf and immediately started dating a 30 year old, and he was hanging around for awhile before they started dating. She looks really young for her age, though.
    You'd be surprised how many young girls have daddy issues. Men tend to age better than women do, and if a man has worked most of his life, he probably has more money than a younger guy.

However there is a bunch of hot older women(who were how when they were younger too) that a lot of guys want to get with, the whole "being with an older woman" is more of a notch on their belt where girls being with an older guy, there's more financial or emotional reasons.

I personally know a girl who at 16 left her boyfriend for his father and said "Why wait for him to grow up and be a man, when I can just date the man version of him now"... :/

More people around the world get married due to lust, convenience, comfort and financial gain than for genuine love or companionship.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post

I personally know a girl who at 16 left her boyfriend for his father and said "Why wait for him to grow up and be a man, when I can just date the man version of him now"... :/
    In court, why did you kill your father and ex girlfriend?

They banged..

FREE TO GO!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it matter if it's a woman who is in her 50s who moves across the world, marrying a man in another country? Why does it matter if it's a 20 year old that is with a 50 year old?

Why can't people respect love?
    People can respect love but there's still borders as to some of the things. For example, I can't agree on a 15 year old marrying a 30 year old - even though we're forced to accept it to avoid hurting someone's feelings.

Else, doesn't matter. If a 20 year old is dead set and in love with a 50 year old and it is mutual, then go for it. Just remember your responsibilities, obligations and expectations.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Healthy love is the feeling that make us happy. People do a lot of stupid thing to feel happy, right? Perhaps marrying 30 years older person is one of them..
    At the end it doesn't what others think, this is your life so keep your good feelings in the middle of everything and be happy with your choices.

i think love is close to being classified as a mental sickness. no, i'm not going to provide facts. i've just heard it in conversation, and it seems feasible.

as far as an age gap, it's whatever. i do think it's kind of gross when a 50 year old marries a 20 year old, because typically the 20 year olds arent fully developed in the head so it almost seems like they're being taken advantage of.

at the same time, 50 year old may be loaded and 20 year old may know exactly what they're doing.

Religion and societal norms pressure us into living the life we think is “normal”.

You go to school, you date, you marry, settle down, have kids, die in a nursing home...

But these days, mostly men, are breaking away from such norms. People realize that things like dating and marriage are scams, and you end up losing freedom, money, and time. People often mistake “lonliness” with simply leading an unsatisfactory life. Having someone around leeching off you won’t make you happy. It will kill you eventually.

It’s called MGTOW and it is spreading. It is a way of life that is simple to live, and the rewards are great.