10+ Year Old Account

$800 or $1000 PC

Is my impatience going to fuck me that bad? I can afford a $800 not including case, OS, monitor, kb & mouse etc. just the components is what I need.

The difference would be a huge time gap , I get paid bi-weekly and ordering all the parts is probably going to take a week as well. My PC finally gave in and I am too lazy to find out what piece it was or a combination of them. It's 6 years old at this point so due for upgrade anyway.

I could use some builds if anyone has time, I am so fucking bored. There are only so many mobile games one can stand before insanity sets in.

I would love to order today instead of 2 weeks from now

I only want to play games like GW2, WoW, etc. at decent settings for reference

800 is certainly enough to make a strong system for the games you listed. I take it you just play at 1080p.

Hell since you don't need a case, monitor, or any other outside stuff a really good one. Basiclly just a MB, ram, procssor, a SSD (maybe) and video card? Don't get me wrong that extra 200 can make a stronger system. So would an extra 2000. It only make sense right. But 800 will get the job done.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kfmJw6
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kfmJw6/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor ($178.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock - B360M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($77.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($174.99 @ Newegg Business)
    Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.90 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $805.75
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-23 23:40 EDT-0400

If you can re-use the PSU (this system shouldn't need more than 400-450W in any scenario) something like this should suffice for WoW, GW2 etc. If you can re-use your SSDs or HDDs you can optimise a bit more with the extra money.

An extra 200$ could go towards an i5 8600k with a Z370 motherboard and a nice cooler in your usage case (in WoW and GW2 you'll primarily be CPU bottlenecked, even my 8600k at 4.7GHz struggles to maintain over 60FPS in GW2 world bosses unless I turn down the displayed player limit and quality to medium-low).

If you play any other games however, those 200$ should probably go towards getting a GTX1070 instead of a GTX1060.
    i5-8600K 4.7GHz | DeepCool NEPTWIN V2 | ASRock Pro4 Z370| G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz| NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT 16G GDDR6

Deleted
    Buy from your "$1000" list, skip HDD and second memory stick and just add them later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that site. I'm gonna go with this what you guys think

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QjsjGG

- - - Updated - - -

Decided to get a new fractal case and everything with it

Yes 1080 I'm not too fancy

My dad has been complaining about his pc for a while.. turns out the using my old from eons ago on a tiny pathetic monitor lol ima give him my old shit and rebuild. Not sure what monitor I want.. decided I can go a bit higher cuz I'm gonna wait next payday out but I'll just buy that shit in stores or just buy a tv.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2018-06-24 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QjsjGG

- - - Updated - - -

My dad has been complaining about his pc for a while.. turns out the using my old from eons ago on a tiny pathetic monitor lol ima give him my old shit and rebuild. Not sure what monitor I want.. decided I can go a bit higher cuz I'm gonna wait next payday out but I'll just buy that shit in stores or just buy a tv.
    That i3 is all you need for 1080p gaming, best purchase I ever made

i3 and WoW is a big no no my friend... but eh, your choice
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

dont buy that i3 !
    DONT!

the cpu cooler ist not better than the stock cooler from intel - throw it out
    also dont buy thermal liquid which is half the price of your cooler.... thats just unreasonable and sais a lot about the cooler too

the psu sucks balls hard.
    dont by 50bucks psu.. at least 80bucks for decent quality.

really. ..you dont want to make that mistake.
    Last edited by Jalatiphra; 2018-06-25 at 06:41 AM.

I'd go for a hyper212 EVO instead of that fan, price should be about the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with WoW and i3? I thought it has better single core than i5 . I was gaming WoW with much worse and no issues.. I mean WoW can only run so well on modern equipment the engine is pure trash.

Ignore the thermal paste I had no idea if I needed or not I just threw that in there. What psu you recommend?
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2018-06-25 at 07:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Looks pretty good IMO

You cannot really go wrong with EVGA G3 as PSU. And imho with 1080p the i3 is good enough since it's quad core and has decent clock speeds, though i'd buy the 8350k instead of the 8100. Just don't use a stock cooler please, you can get a beefy noctua or mugen for 40/50$ which is just way better to use (noctua does also compact form factor ones if you're not sure about clearance and are worried about spacing in the case).

PS: i have the same case and it's wonderful. Compact, sleek and minimal style with really good airflow. I have the darkened TG version, so when it's turned off you don't see anything, when leds are on it's wonderful (if you're into rgb).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome thanks I think I got everything I need. Now the waiting game

It depends on the size of games and I think $800 would be good to buy good gaming system. I prefer hyper212 system.