Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In Battle for Azeroth, it will be significantly more effort to group for World Quests due to new restrictions on what addons can do with the Group Finder.

The default UI no longer offers the option to find a group for non-elite quests. The option is still there for Elite quests.
    Addons can no longer automatically create groups, even with a user pressing the button. The title and description can only be manually filled out.
    Users will have to manually add a title and create a group for world quests. You can't even paste text into the fields.
    Addons can still search for groups.
    Game Designer 1: What shall we do today?

Game Designer 2: Let's take one of the best features from Legion, one that makes the game much more enjoyable and playable and f*ck it up beyond repair!

Game Designer 1: My thoughts exactly!

The point is not that you can't do the quest solo, it's that it is SO MUCH FASTER to do it in a group. And now that people can't use WQGF to automatically create groups for anything, there will be less groups for all quests. Want to kill that elite? Well too bad, no one else does so enjoy waiting 2-5 minutes for a group instead of getting one nearly instantly.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Or better yet, players should learn to adapt instead of relying on these lazy shortcuts. Who knows. Maybe the extra typing will help teach these incomprehensible retards to be more literate.
    Sorry, adapting to badly designed game systems is not a favorite thing of mine. Hopefully not to many other people as well.

To be fair as someone in this thread said.

They should just use FF14s FATE reward system for events, world bosses and elites.

Contribute more = better rewards.

Contribute less or not at all = no rewards/smaller rewards.

Or Rifts system of being able to join a group when others are nearby.

"Group finder for world quests makes it easier than ever to get a group!"
    *players do EXACTLY that*
    GroupFinder--
    "Enjoy kiddos, only filthy casuals automate finding a group!"

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Its crazy that WoW still doesn't have a FF14 style system where you are just automatically placed into a hidden group when near objectives where progress is given to everybody who participate. And if you sit there and leech by just killing 1 thing, you dont really get much reward, but if you're helping out everyone, you get full reward.
    There we go found it.

This is what WoW needs.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome. I love fighting for slow respawns on my Horde-heavy server as Alliance. I'm sure that doing so without easily joining a group from another server will be even more engaging and wholly non-frustrating!

There's so much salt in this comment section. What is the general issue anyway? You're not forced to do world quests, you're only doing them for your own enjoyment. Sure, in Legion there was a chance for a Legendary, but that isn't the case for BFA. So there's no reason to complain + Blizzard is tired of people misusing the system and just be AFK as soon as they got into a group. Instead of blaming Blizzard, blame the people who ruined it for you all.

Oh and I've never used this feature. If I wanted to group up, I went into group finder and made a group. Simple as that. Stop being lazy and enjoy the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead_MAX View Post
    I wonder why they made these restrictions. Feels lilke removing one quality of life feature.
    I believe it has to due with server performance that the addons were putting stress on the servers & which created this awful lag in response, it isn't the first it has happened & prbly isn't the last.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Group Finder for WQs made me enjoy doing WQs, I don't want to get colorful with my feelings but it is disappointing. I always thought grouping for them was silly, I never needed help with them but one day I tried grouping and it was great and now I would rather do them in groups than not.

Group finder removed for non elite quests? Guess you should play on a full server where one faction dominates (so no grey mobs). Unless you are pretty much fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    You're not forced to do world quests, you're only doing them for your own enjoyment.
    lol I need someone to verify this is bait
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be fair as someone in this thread said.

They should just use FF14s FATE reward system for events, world bosses and elites.

Contribute more = better rewards.

Contribute less or not at all = no rewards/smaller rewards.

Or Rifts system of being able to join a group when others are nearby.
    Yes, this plz! Also it is weird I always do WQs myself & never group up.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Yes, this plz!
    Still don't understand why it's not a thing. As for faction tapping just turn it off for elites and let both factions have at it. Simple as that.

any1 know if world quest tracker still works? or did they make it default to see what reward a wq gives?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    any1 know if world quest tracker still works? or did they make it default to see what reward a wq gives?
    WQ tracker just shows a list of WQs & rewards no reason for that to be broken.

Never used any add on to track world quest, I've filled it manually the rare times I needed it... (mostly for invasions).
    Good change, too much automatisation is always bad because people will ALWAYS abuse it. There are enough bots already, I don't want more players who play like bots.

This kind of addons should be banned because it probably hammers the servers like hell
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-06-25 at 01:45 PM.

What's the point of removing this feature and disabling the add-ons?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    WQ tracker just shows a list of WQs & rewards no reason for that to be broken.
    it also lets you find a group with it if i remember correct

So Rift has a rift system that is better then this
    FF14 has a FATE system that is better then this
    And obviously Guild wars 2 that invented the system has one that is miles better then this

and still blizzard thinks her boring daillies are so cool that we as players are happy to take it longer to complete them? Please Blizzard get out of your horse.