Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if this is to help curtail the behaviour of CrossRealm / Realm Hopping via addon. I mean, those basically just search, sign up and allow you to join groups on other realms with a click.

Who's joining groups for none-elite WQs anywho? Even healers have got enough nuke to get those mobs down quickly (if the quest even involves killing mobs, when we know a great deal are actually "Click / Loot this thing").
    Yeah I don't get it, I got 4 healers and do every WQs, even elites, solo if I have to. The non-elite quests are a joke. You oneshot mobs as healer as well.

Deleted
    Paladin videos are quite out of date, considering they are on the "front page news" here. Strongly advise people check updates on WoWhead or Icyveins about the specs, because he's at least 2 builds behind (Silver Hand / Artifact Transmog, Latest big Ret changes to baseline talents etc).

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    This will make botting harder, which is a good thing. Far too often you group with people that never dismount.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah I don't get it, I got 4 healers and do every WQs, even elites, solo if I have to. The non-elite quests are a joke. You oneshot mobs as healer as well.
    Yes you do in 3rd-tier end-of-expansion-gear. No you don't in pre-1st-tier start-of-expansion-gear. Enjoy being pummeled on your non-tank-toon while tank-specs basically pull the entire place and rofl to victory...just as they did at the start of legion.

I agree it should not be "a big deal"...but with an expansion that already has issues with the amount of end-game content it offeres and the incredible differences in solo-performance among specs when not totally overgeared make this a change that hits the wrong classes the hardest.

Not a lot of people will care if you can or cannot group for quests where you can one-shot anything with any spec anyway...but that is simply not the case at expansion-launch. And sitting there eating with my mage while tanks are jumping around me pulling armies of mobs and then just sit on them with their ass to kill them is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Legion 2.0 would've been awesome. The best iteration of the game possibly ever only trumped by hardcore nostalgia glasses. This however is not Legion 2.0.
    This is legitimately Cata 2.0 right down to the bosses (Queen Azshara) and Kul'Tiras, they were both meant to be in Cataclysm but were taken out to make this expansion.

I still remember when Cataclysm was announced, it was Deathwing and Queen Azshara as the main villains plotting to use the Maelstrom to reawaken an ancient evil (N'zoth) and even though Queen Azshara made a brief appearance in Darkshore she all of a sudden disappeared from the game, and the website.

"She was described on the Cataclysm version of the website as: Strong-willed, manipulative, and incomparably beautiful, Azshara possessed far more magical talent than almost any other night elf in her time. Ten thousand years ago, she and the other Highborne brought Azeroth dangerously close to complete destruction when their meddling with arcane magic caught the attention of the Great Enemy, Sargeras. Corrupted by the influence of the fallen titan, Azshara set in motion a plan to bring the Burning Legion to Azeroth, a plan that caused the War of the Ancients and the Great Sundering of Azeroth. Beautiful, cruel Azshara was swallowed by the seas, never to be seen again... or so it was believed. The naga revere Azshara as a demigod, one who is still very much alive. How she could have survived the Sundering, and at what cost, remain mysteries that not many would dare to probe."

I'll bet the missing Raid, The Abyssal Maw that was taken out and replaced with Firelands will make a reappearance as well, since that is where we were going to fight her.
    Last edited by Aerisot; 2018-06-25 at 05:52 PM.

Yeah, elites is where you "need" help anyway. Didn't know people queued for the easy quests. Except the afkers who can't be arsed to do quests themself.

Copy/paste? How lazy are people? The ingame one you can just click the mark and you get groups, right click then que. Or if you make one, you click the marker, then go back in the group finder interface, then start group, insta-starts the group.

Tedious, "I don't want to do the content but I want the reward" mentality ftw.
    I mostly agree with you, but lets be honest, people group for non-elite WQ's because they can. If you can get a 2 minute WQ done in 1 minute, well, why not? Some WQ's with low mob density can be done in a fraction of the time via a group, especially back in the days before flying.

Just because something can be done a certain way, doesn't mean there aren't efficiency gains to be had by doing it another. The old "Don't hate the player hate the game" comes to mind. Perhaps players have simply grown tired of the "Kill 10 bears" type of WQ's?

Anyway, as I said, not really disagreeing with you. The Sky isn't falling, but I will miss the QoL those addons brought in BFA.

-edit-

Then again, I should mention that I play classes with Tank specs. I think some of the more squishier specs might have forgotten what WQ's were like pre raid gear and pre flying.

WQ is a chore, they are trying to drag everything out because BfA has less content than Legion?

Why on earth make it harder to get a group for content... this is a multiplayer game right ??

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Who's joining groups for none-elite WQs anywho?
    People that don't want to compete with folks in their own faction who kill things in two shots. People who don't mind if their kills speed up someone else if someone else's kills speed up one's own progress.

All told I understand this change, as someone who it is targeted straight at. Let's be real folks, quick-grouping for non-elite WQs is not a sociability decision, it's a speed decision. No one views the other folks in WQGF as other actual people, come on now. :P

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    -Can't click to find a group for normal quests now, just elites
    -If you go to make a group manually, you have to type it out, can't copy/paste
    To be fair, I found people that used WQGF for normal quests were the ones that were the biggest leeches. You don't need a group for 5 people to do a quest which requires only the ability to breath to be able to complete it. Most just did it because they knew 1 of the 5 people that joined the group would do it whilst the rest would just afk or fly past.

Deleted
    I hope they nerf the world map to have fewer, more rewarding world quests then.. God's sake, this has the potential to be extremely poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Yes you do in 3rd-tier end-of-expansion-gear. No you don't in pre-1st-tier start-of-expansion-gear. Enjoy being pummeled on your non-tank-toon while tank-specs basically pull the entire place and rofl to victory...just as they did at the start of legion.

I agree it should not be "a big deal"...but with an expansion that already has issues with the amount of end-game content it offeres and the incredible differences in solo-performance among specs when not totally overgeared make this a change that hits the wrong classes the hardest.

Not a lot of people will care if you can or cannot group for quests where you can one-shot anything with any spec anyway...but that is simply not the case at expansion-launch. And sitting there eating with my mage while tanks are jumping around me pulling armies of mobs and then just sit on them with their ass to kill them is not fun.
    No, I did it all the way. Leveled as healer too, early in the expansion as well(3 weeks in) and my mage was the first one I leveled in Legion. And now we got scaling, and it's awesome. Coming to argus with my 815 healer, or a clothie, no problem. Not had a problem with any spec in Legion, not at launch, not now.

I got all classes too, and I have had zero issues, and none of those were tanks :P

But yeah, it is not a big deal. You can still que for the elite-quests, and if you really struggle you can search the quest up and find someone. Yes, it takes few seconds more, and yes it is silly that they change it, but the addon is not needed, at all.

As someone with the 100,000 WQs achievement dated a year ago: Fuck this change.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I never used the tool for normal quests, the group tool for elites and rares has been super useful this expansion and the ability for addons to facilitate that has been great. I am dubious that these changes will have a positive experience for making grouping easier.

Having to manually fill in the name is really the worst part. Already people manually completing names can be a pain in the ass because sometimes people put shortened named/abbreviations or leave out apostrophes, and sometimes they put the mob name and sometimes the quest name or the event ("invasion") or make typos... so already have to search for a few different things to find results sometimes. I'm apprehensive this will make it worse and I'll be back to sitting around by shit I can't solo and hoping someone shows up. Many lazy people will probably not bother listing or searching at all, but even the people who are more motivated will be impacted by groups being less common and slower to fill with the elimination of people who decide it's not worth the effort to bother anymore.

I mean, at the end of the day it probably isn't a huge deal, but the ease of grouping with people really made the game feel like less of a solo experience, was very helpful for things you couldn't solo, and also made it easier for people to share rare mob spawns and things like that. I feel like adding even little speedbumps to that experience will have a negative impact. And for what end? To punish the few assholes that are botting or just group and never help? Why not let the community self police and remove those people manually like they do now or give more tools to action them.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2018-06-25 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    I mostly agree with you, but lets be honest, people group for non-elite WQ's because they can. If you can get a 2 minute WQ done in 1 minute, well, why not? Some WQ's with low mob density can be done in a fraction of the time via a group, especially back in the days before flying.

Just because something can be done a certain way, doesn't mean there aren't efficiency gains to be had by doing it another. The old "Don't hate the player hate the game" comes to mind. Perhaps players have simply grown tired of the "Kill 10 bears" type of WQ's?

Anyway, as I said, not really disagreeing with you. The Sky isn't falling, but I will miss the QoL those addons brought in BFA.

-edit-

Then again, I should mention that I play classes with Tank specs. I think some of the more squishier specs might have forgotten what WQ's were like pre raid gear and pre flying.
    Yes, now it just takes 10 more seconds. Yes, it is silly that they change it, but it is really not a big deal. It's not "hate the player or the game" but hate the lazy.

And as I said above, I don't really get the issues people have had with quests and shit in Legion. I did all the shit in Suramar myself on mage with 820 gear while people roamed forums and complained about it being "too hard". I might sound like a member of the Elitistjerks WQ edition here, but I can't really relate to people saying questing is hard.

Anyways, it's about the addon. People can still que up for stuff as said, it just takes more than one click. Silly change? Perhaps. Doom and gloom? Not a chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Because limiting Grouping and how people Group in an MMO is definitely a smart decision.
    Because people really viewed the other people in WQGF groups as people. Come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Because people really viewed the other people in WQGF groups as people. Come on now.
    Think I have met one player who said hello in a elite WQ on Argus, that's it. Probably macroed too :P

Think I have met one player who said hello in a elite WQ on Argus, that's it. Probably macroed too :P
    It was a running gag in guild if someone was sociable in a WQGF group.

"GUYS! The NPCs are talking! Why are they clogging up my chat log?!"

I mean obviously it's nice to see, but it was also "adorable" if you take my meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Not the addon problem.
    People barely talk even in dungeon runs or lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagorath View Post
    Not the addon problem.
    People barely talk even in dungeon runs or lfr.
    Right, but I was responding to someone seemingly claiming that killing this addon functionality was a hit to sociability. My point is there is no sociability in WQGF.