Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Some people downloaded Forza Horizon 4 files over four months early and.......

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...r-months-early
    And unearthed an incomplete car list.
    Over the weekend, some people found there were able to download the PC version of Forza Horizon 4 - over four months before the game is due out.

Redditor daten-shi discovered Forza Horizon 4 began pre-loading from the Windows Store, and, as you'd expect, went fishing in the game files.

It wasn't long before a car list emerged online, although this appears incomplete.

daten-shi said that while the game downloaded, it remains unplayable. They said they can't do much with the files other than look at them, either, due to Windows encryption.

"Literally can't do anything with the files other than look at them due to the fact that Windows encrypts everything it downloads from the Windows Store," daten-shi said.

"I can't even use Linux to copy the files and upload for people to inspect as I get an access denied error."
    What appears to have happened is an internal build of the game was accidentally pushed live to those who pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition of the game from the Windows Store.

Acknowledging the leak, the official Forza Twitter account did the whole "nothing to see here" thing.

"Today, some of you noticed Forza Horizon 4 game files preloading on your PCs. This was not intended and you don't have to do anything. The final game will download automatically when it is released. If you'd like, you can safely uninstall the downloaded files."
    Forza Horizon 4, developed by Leamington Spa-based (and now Microsoft-owned) studio Playground Games is set in the UK, and features changing seasons. Check out Digital Foundry's Forza Horizon 4 preview for more.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Is that seriously 90GB for a racing game? :O

Deleted
    And nothing of value was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Is that seriously 90GB for a racing game? :O
    Dude State of Decay 2 was 20GB before it got a 20GB Update. Microsoft gives no fucks about game size's lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Dude State of Decay 2 was 20GB before it got a 20GB Update. Microsoft gives no fucks about game size's lol.
    Not like this is Microsoft only thing. All games are ridiculously large these days. Even the NBA 2K games are over 45gigs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Not like this is Microsoft only thing. All games are ridiculously large these days. Even the NBA 2K games are over 45gigs now.
    When it comes to first party company's (MS,Sony,Nintendo) It is a Microsoft only thing. There is only a handful of games that is near or over 100GB and Microsoft holds the majority of them. The only other ones that come to mind is GTAV,ESO and I think FFXIV.

So the news is an internal build accident gets pushed so people can dl and some of your are doing your qq dance about 90gb. Whats the point of the thread if any?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    So the news is an internal build accident gets pushed so people can dl and some of your are doing your qq dance about 90gb. Whats the point of the thread if any?
    To talk about the game like we are.

Didn't think it was that hard to figure out.

To talk about the game like we are.

Didn't think it was that hard to figure out.
    then why not make the title forza H 4 instead of some bombastic it got leaked early but not really cus it doesnt even play.

10+ Year Old Account
    "and nothing came of it at all, so I probably didn't need to put a bait-y title about people getting useless gamefiles for a game not out yet"

then why not make the title forza H 4 instead of some bombastic it got leaked early but not really cus it doesnt even play.
    Because it did get leaked early, a Internal build did.

It would help if you actually read the OP, Doesn't matter if it was playable or not. It was still leaked and was data mined and people had a big ass download cause of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is this a thread? Confoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Me too, im so confused by this....I guess the only info is it's 90 gigs...okay? so what?

I guess reading the OP is hard for some.

Its a thread because its was leaked and a lot of info about the game was leaked because of that....

Because it did get leaked early, a Internal build did.

It would help if you actually read the OP, Doesn't matter if it was playable or not. It was still leaked and was data mined and people had a big ass download cause of it.
    Then again why not make the thread called forza h 4. So what an unplayable version got leaked thats mostly encrypted. 90gb is fucking chump change. Especially on pc where every with common sense has multiple tb

15+ Year Old Account

Its a thread because its was leaked and a lot of info about the game was leaked because of that....
    All you bolded with an incomplete car list in an unfinished build and you cant play it. Like, ok?

Because it comes off as trollish....an incomplete car list and the inability to play and amg it's 90GB

- - - Updated - - -

Then again why not make the thread called forza h 4. So what an unplayable version got leaked thats mostly encrypted. 90gb is fucking chump change. Especially on pc where every with common sense has multiple tb
    Hey...I only have like 1.7TB....but it's all SSDs...

If you include my external its 2.66TB

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Because it comes off as trollish....an incomplete car list and the inability to play and amg it's 90GB

- - - Updated - - -

Hey...I only have like 1.7TB....but it's all SSDs...

If you include my external its 2.66TB
    Internal hdds are so cheap its not even funny to have 4tb hdd worth of space for around 100$ in a pc and an extra 15-20 for console.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Just posting a story, People can take it as they wish.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guy who admits hes on DSL...

Ya your posts are not worth taking serious so ignore you go.

- - - Updated - - -

All you bolded with an incomplete car list in an unfinished build and you cant play it. Like, ok?
    Don't like the thread you can always leave it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just posting a story, People can take it as they wish.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guy who admits hes on DSL...

Ya your posts are not worth taking serious so ignore you go.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't like the thread you can always leave it.
    It's not about not liking it, there's just nothing much to discuss.