10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Wait, what? How the fuck was that allowed?
    If you look at a proper replay such as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd0qYIqh41M

You can clearly see he is kept onside by #17 Dirar's foot.

Code:
    Offside position
    It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:

• any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the
    halfway line) and

• any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than 
    both the ball and the second-last opponent

The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not 
    considered.

A player is not in an offside position if level with the:

• second-last opponent or
    • last two opponents
    Edit:

I've seen people mentioning that the ball went out of play on the cross, it didn't. If people knew the rules they would know that the ball must COMPLETELY cross the line, as if it were square.

If you look at the image being thrown about on twitter, you can see that the edge of the ball would still be on the line therefore keeping it in play.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-06-26 at 06:49 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

15+ Year Old Account
    Im so sad Iran didnt win the game. They fought till the very end, made us proud. With this team we'll hopefully be able to win the AFC cup.

I'd say this was Iran's best performance in a world cup so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Group B is the best group so far imo.. people underestimated Morocco and Iran.
    Group B is probably the toughest group even though both Portugal and Spain have been underperforming. Iran plays very disciplined defensive football (much like Portugal) and actually surprised me how well they played. That Morocco was a dangerous team doesn't really surprise me all that much but they have been given quite a lot of spotlight in Holland due to the relatively large amount of Dutch players (and played for Dutch youth teams) in there (like Ziyech, Amrabatx2, El Ahmadi).
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2018-06-26 at 07:17 AM.

Portugal is a bunch of luckiest cunts on earth. Ever since Euro 2016 they play dog shit but still manage to go thru. They will be in the final this year, you can count on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Portugal is a bunch of luckiest cunts on earth. Ever since Euro 2016 they play dog shit but still manage to go thru. They will be in the final this year, you can count on that.
    Success is a matter of luck. Ask any failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they're any luckier than Spain, both are lucky as hell to be progressing. Both have a insufferable team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argentina really is in shambles. One can only wonder how much Sampaoli has to say anymore. Once you have lost the dressing room, it is only downhill from there. If it is true that the players are determining tactics and starting lineup you can bet your ass there is also division within the team. Argentina is going to need nothing short of a miracle to recover, and it needs a much much much better Messi than we have seen so far. On top of it all, Nigeria is actually a very decent team.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be as annoying if Ronaldo wasn't the biggest **** in the sport xD

Complaining about luck lol. Name a more iconic duo. There's one thing to look forward to and that's Suarez vs Pepe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infershadow View Post
    Complaining about luck lol. Name a more iconic duo. There's one thing to look forward to and that's Suarez vs Pepe.
    Who will bite whom first? Place your bets now! That will be an interesting match up for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I don't think they're any luckier than Spain, both are lucky as hell to be progressing. Both have a insufferable team.
    Success is simply a matter of luck, ask any failure. Insufferable? Sounds like someone is scared.

Deleted
    If Messi fails to turn up today history will remember Ronaldo as the better of the two.
    Frankly those two tax dodging asshats I could do without.

Truth be told I'm really glad Iran is out. There were Iranian supporters camping outside of Portugal's hotel all night by making noise (lighting off firecrackers). You also spent the whole game being needlessly aggressive, including fighting with your own players which I've seen that literally like once my entire life, playing rough and dirty, complaining and desperately asking for 4 nonexistent penalties, complaining about everything, asking for VAR, using those stupid vuvuzelas all game, getting a bogus penalty call, etc. Nah... go home, you scrubs. Not impressed with Iran's people at all. There's plenty of ways to be a combative and worthy underdog, you exemplified exactly how to not be that. COMPLETE DISGRACE to football.

The Messi vs Ronaldo debate is so fucking stupid it splits households. People should be grateful these two are playing in the same era.

Speaking of ronaldo, remember when that moth was flying near him and some of his fans were going mental saying its his dads spirit n shit

pretty random

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    If Messi fails to turn up today history will remember Ronaldo as the better of the two.
    You don't think there's something dodgy going on in Spain? How come you don't hear about these sorts of things in the EPL or other leagues for example? And don't tell me it's because there aren't any star players making millions on a per monthly basis because that's bs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It wouldn't be as annoying if Ronaldo wasn't the biggest **** in the sport xD
    How a player conducts himself on and off the pitch is his business. Ronaldo from what I'm gathering is a charitable lad and he isn't covered head to toe in tattoo's like a lot of the thugs you see today. There's A LOT of players I'd put above him in terms of the 'cunty factor'.

Diego Costa for example is an absolute cunt on and off the pitch. Just an all around terrible human being.
    Neymar is an immature douche bag on and off the pitch. He also lets his daddy do most of his decision making which isn't a good trait.
    Luis 'nosferatu' Suarez and Ramos's elevators don't reach the top floor. One can assume they both have some borderline mental disorder.
    Last edited by Infershadow; 2018-06-26 at 08:59 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ronaldo from what I'm gathering is a charitable lad
    Doesn't really excuse him being a **** on and off the pitch and a generally un-likable guy. Which you could argue is good for the sport in the long run because a lot of people who don't care about Portugal or their opponents will watch just in the hope of seeing him lose, but on the flipside when he gets away with stuff that sees others disciplined just because of his profile it kinda makes a mockery of things.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Doesn't really excuse him being a **** on and off the pitch and a generally un-likable guy. Which you could argue is good for the sport in the long run because a lot of people who don't care about Portugal or their opponents will watch just in the hope of seeing him lose, but on the flipside when he gets away with stuff that sees others disciplined just because of his profile it kinda makes a mockery of things.
    He's not a cunt off the pitch, mate. I have no idea what you're smoking. The man donates blood regularly (hence the not having any tattoo's). You're just salty AF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ronaldo isn't being paid to be likeable. As much as I dislike him, I admire his burning passion to be the absolute best this sport has ever seen. He does everything for that. That makes him sometimes look like a dick. However, there are way worse players than Ronaldo. I can't stand Pepe, Suarez (even though he played for Ajax - and yes he did his biting shit there as well) and Ramos for example.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    He's not a cunt off the pitch, mate.
    Lol, of course he is hence why most people dislike him and he has a reputation for being one of the biggest ****s in the sport. I get that you're a fanboy and you don't like that most people don't like him, but you need to learn to live with it.

You're just salty AF.
    You should probably Google what that means, but no I'm not salty and have nothing to be salty about. I just don't like assholes like him hence why I find it funny when jerks like him, McGregor, Tyson, etc lose :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    The tax evasion stuff, and the ease they get away with jail sentences in Spain is bullshit, but the reality is they are far from the only ones doing it. Whoever is the better of the two will always be up for debate but if Messi fails today it will leave a huge stain on his career sadly. I personally think Messi shouldn't be judged based on lacking a title with Argentina; he can't really help it his team mates are trash. Maradona played in a much better Argentina.