Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elynos View Post
    well said how? Crystalsong had almost no content, bfa has tons of content.
    A Crystalsong of Class Design....not content...

You don't read poetry much do you?
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    A Crystalsong of Class Design....not content...

You don't read poetry much do you?
    crystalsong had nothing to do with class design, so idk wtf.

10+ Year Old Account
    crystalsong had nothing to do with class design, so idk wtf.
    Damn! Sorry to irritate you that much. I have a tendency to do that sometimes, don't mean to though.

I am no Homer so if Soon-TM wants to give me a compliment ... ILL TAKE IT!
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

The class design has been absolutely terrible the last 3 xpacs. Many of the class abilities and niches that are reveered by players are holdovers and leftovers from xpacs prior to WOD. Of course, there is an exception here and there, but generally speaking class has been more and more detested with each xpac. This is especially so on the pvp side of the game and the participation numbers reflect that. The bottom line is the majority of the new Blizzard Devs hired over the past couple of years (particularly during the WOD alpha/beta) don't have a clue about what makes WOW fun and what makes each class fun.

It’s weird how class design seems to be asymmetrical for the most part. I think WW is one of the most engaging melee specs they’ve had since MoP and it seems to maintain a very well designed and synergistic kit, but then you have specs like Arms currently that is a boring disaster of a spec. BFA Monk overall feels really good. Hunters have gotten way more interesting with BFA. But then it feels like they’ve really taken a massive step back with Frost DK, Enhancement. What they should’ve done is found the talents or legendary passives that really cement the spec and baked those into the class by default. In Legion beta I had a hard time narrowing down on a main because I enjoyed several classes, with BFA it’s really easy to pick a class because so many of them just feel off without the artifact traits. I guess that’s pretty disappointing but I’ve come to terms that my WoW days of the past are in the past, nowadays I just run M+ and the occasional raid.
    Last edited by KOREAN DAVE; 2018-06-26 at 02:09 AM.

exactly, classes have became more and more hollow especially in PvP, rotations got harder and clunkier than they have ever been, but its not what makes PvP fun, quite the opposite
    pretty much every class feels like one trick pony with little to no cool plays possible, just PvE dps race... in PvP

Oh, and its bloody cluster fk with the amount of optional talents, PvPtalents, traits (weapon in legion azerite in BfA) and even set bonuses, legiondaries trinkets when it comes to wPvP. No wonder not many wants to watch WoW PvP when they got little to idea oif what's going on on the screen, I play this game, pretty much on every class more or less, and sometimes I get caught that I don't in situation where I am not sure what exactly happened.

Up to MoP this game wasn't like that, it was so much simpler and easier to keep up- better. PvP participation's show that as well.

Every spec in the game needs a lot of work,class design has been horrid since wod
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    Every spec in the game needs a lot of work,class design has been horrid since wod
    grats on wrong

grats on wrong
    grats on being an under performing casual.
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    grats on being an under performing casual.
    still better than you

5+ Year Old Account
    still better than you
    (Citation required)

grats on wrong
    Funny how the biggest complant's I've seen since WOD here and in the official fourms are usually around class design, and not just the old #balance numbers it used to be.

Class design since WOD has sucked balls.

*my spec Survival went from one of the top played (mid WOD gutted) to the least played, was enough to make me hang up this game and I started a month after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Funny how the biggest complant's I've seen since WOD here and in the official fourms are usually around class design, and not just the old #balance numbers it used to be.

Class design since WOD has sucked balls.

*my spec Survival went from one of the top played (mid WOD gutted) to the least played, was enough to make me hang up this game and I started a month after launch.
    Have you seen BfA Survival? Rumors have it that they did a decent job with it.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Have you seen BfA Survival? Rumors have it that they did a decent job with it.
    I don't want to play a Melee or even a part melee as my main, I bounced between a hunter and lock from start till around the end of BC then just before wrath switched to the survival hunter and stuck with it till mid WOD,I have leveled up every class in the game in MOP to max just messing around but was not something I'd want to stick with, and never likes marks at all, used BM some of the time.

The main question to me is - why does Blizzard feel the need to revamp classes at the launch of each expansion - at all. Why not just leave abilities and rotation pretty much the same, but with some minor balance tweaks. Every single expansion we go through this with different specs getting dropped or reworked. Blood DK became tank from dps. Survival hunter stopped using a gun. Demonology almost became a tank, then it didn't again. Rogues now use dice. At the start of an expansion it is as if my toon gets weaker, and then slowly over the course of an expansion - it gets stronger again. Then when a new expansion happens - I get weak again.

I am not saying it is all bad. Druids got two specs out of one spec. All I am saying is - make small changes to specs as needed across an expansion. Not change all of them at the same time drastically - and then wonder why there is no balance.

Most of the specs are more than fine, in some cases many are better now out of the gate because we don't have to worry about artifact traits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maulgryve View Post
    The main question to me is - why does Blizzard feel the need to revamp classes at the launch of each expansion - at all. Why not just leave abilities and rotation pretty much the same, but with some minor balance tweaks. Every single expansion we go through this with different specs getting dropped or reworked. Blood DK became tank from dps. Survival hunter stopped using a gun. Demonology almost became a tank, then it didn't again. Rogues now use dice. At the start of an expansion it is as if my toon gets weaker, and then slowly over the course of an expansion - it gets stronger again. Then when a new expansion happens - I get weak again.

I am not saying it is all bad. Druids got two specs out of one spec. All I am saying is - make small changes to specs as needed across an expansion. Not change all of them at the same time drastically - and then wonder why there is no balance.
    Every other expansion they do overhauls, it keeps the game fresh. If they didn't do that I would have stopped playing years ago. The only other thing I would accept is them leaving the specs the same but creating 4th specs for all the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Most of the specs are more than fine, in some cases many are better now out of the gate because we don't have to worry about artifact traits.

- - - Updated - - -

Every other expansion they do overhauls, it keeps the game fresh. If they didn't do that I would have stopped playing years ago. The only other thing I would accept is them leaving the specs the same but creating 4th specs for all the classes.
    Most of my friends also quit because of the revamps, got sick or relearning their classes, they could keep the game fresh through story, maps, mobs etc... how long have some super hero's been around with out a major power change, they just come up with new stories, villains etc..

Most of my friends also quit because of the revamps, got sick or relearning their classes, they could keep the game fresh through story, maps, mobs etc... how long have some super hero's been around with out a major power change, they just come up with new stories, villains etc..
    Anyone who quits because of changes to stale specs can go play Classic when it launches, now I think if they had kept hybrid speccing in the game they could lean towards less changes but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Anyone who quits because of changes to stale specs can go play Classic when it launches, now I think if they had kept hybrid speccing in the game they could lean towards less changes but here we are.
    "stale" is a matter of opinion kind of like the old new / coke idea, sure the company though the old coke was "stale" too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I've literally played almost every spec in the alpha/beta thus far, and I really don't understand the whole 'sky is falling everything is shit' about the class design from a lot of people. I will admit that they may not be as perfect as they could be, but almost every spec I played was decently fun in its own right if you stop trying to compare past expansions to BfA and just accept that the gameplay has overall changed as a whole. People on these forums are so over the top dramatic about everything.

Where is that ''it's okay to not like things but dont be a dick about it" video when you need it.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost none if you actually bother to read comics All superheroes have gone through several (SEVERAL) changes over the years they have existed. Also the whole "several of my friends" argument is such a stable and verifiable stance to take.
    several small changes (sometimes undone too) superman, wonder woman, spider man, most of the time if they have big change they end up back where they started, maybe you don't read comics.

Several of my friends and myself included (the #1 reason I'm no longer subbed is because they got rid of my ranged survival hunter) so don't give a crap if you believe me or not but it sucked seeing them drop off one by one after a expansion hit.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2018-06-26 at 04:50 PM. Reason: added

"stale" is a matter of opinion kind of like the old new / coke idea, sure the company though the old coke was "stale" too.
    It is also an MMO though, so evolution is a part of it. If you are unable to come to grips with new mechanics and game play then you should never play a new game either.