Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mage Tower Up Until Pre-Expansion Patch, Artifact Retirement Quests Available

Mage Tower Still Active, Mistress Alluradel, Ana-Mouz, Arena Skirmish Event, Brawl

Midsummer Fire Festival Runs from June 21st through July 5th

Artifact Retirement Quests Available
    The Artifact Retirement quest is now live!

• Go ahead and complete the quest, it currently doesn't deactivate your Artifact weapon, that is coming later.
    • Completing the quest grants Artifact Level 126 which puts you at 75 Concordance.
    • This just simply upon completion moves everyone to Concordance 75 and then next week another bump, and then another.

When you log in, you are given the quest The Speaker's Call which has you travel to Silithus and talk to the flight master of your respective faction's hub in order to get a ride up to your faction's gunship. Magni is on board with a select number of influential Legion NPCs (based on your faction) who also have Artifact weapons.

Upon turn in, you will receive the quest The Power in Our Hands which requires you to speak to Magni to initiate a cutscene in which you and the other NPCs use your Artifact Weapons to drain the energy from Sargeras's sword and stabilize the wound.

Future Artifact Changes
    Sometime around Battle for Azeroth launch, all traits and abilities attached to your Artifact Weapon will become disabled, including those from the Netherlight Crucible and your relics. Relics can still be slotted into the weapon, but all they do is increase the item level of the weapon.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Just some clarification on this one but yes there should be a quest called "The Speaker's Call" that should begin the Artifact Weapon Overcharge. You will need to complete the prerequisite Magni quests in order to receive "The Speaker's Call". When you complete this it should overcharge your artifact up to Artifact Level 126 which puts you at 75 Concordance. All of the existing traits will function until the pre patch.

Take advantage of the overcharge and go take on things like the Mage Tower, Ahead of the Curve: Argus, and The Chosen that are removed when the prepatch goes live soon™. Also don't forget the usual Mythic mount drop chances that will be lowered from their guaranteed 100% when Battle for Azeroth goes live!

If I'm higher than Artifact Level 126 and I do the quest, will I actually lose power?
    It should only affect Artifacts that are below that value. So if you're above Concordance 75 it should keep you at that Concordance value. However you might notice it jump up in a week or two

This just simply upon completion moves everyone to Concordance 75 and then next week another bump, and then another. You get the picture.

TL;DR: Smash everything.

Thanks for making Cutting Edge a participation award, I guess..
    I mean for those teams that are really close(we're talking consistent ~10% pulls) this will be a bump to help but largely won't be too noticeable. At that level your concordance should already be fairly close to this(if not higher). If not but you're struggling mechanically this won't make any difference.

I wouldn't call out Cutting Edge because if you're not already close to this it's still not easy to obtain. It's impressive don't get me wrong, but still not feasible for 99% of players.

Mage Tower Up Until Pre-Expansion Patch
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Just giving some context to this! Yes it is officially up permanently until pre patch. Due to how the Broken Shore functions, the buildings will still be created and destroyed in the normal cycles however the NPC is now resistant to Legion Fel-Fire™ and will just permanently be standing there. Once pre patch hits though the appearances will be no longer obtainable so make sure you guys go get it while you have the chance!

So all artifacts will be lvl 126 with mage tower up all the time.
    YEP! And they get stronger every week until pre patch! GO GET THEM APPEARANCES!
    Last edited by chaud; 2018-06-26 at 07:40 PM.

This just simply upon completion moves everyone to Concordance 75 and then next week another bump, and then another.
    Did they just confirm prepatch date to 17.7.?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebster View Post
    im more curious what do they mean by next bump - - will they go from 75 to what 150 ?

and if yes then wtf make it so sudden and quick instead done that weeks/months ago :/

Why do I get the feeling that its going to be "our" fault that Teldrasil burns down. Our Artifact Weapons overcharging...that can't be a good thing in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebster View Post
    yep

background donwloader is actif for me and download 15 .5 go update

17 US 18 EU maybe 10 US 11 EU
    because when background downloader is actif patch comming 2 week after

10+ Year Old Account
    The Blue suggested Mage Tower is staying up until pre-expansion... Mage Tower isn't even up?? I am confused, or bad at reading.
    Last edited by Liberate90; 2018-06-26 at 08:24 PM. Reason: pre-patch to pre-expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberate90 View Post
    The Blue suggested Mage Tower is staying up until pre-expansion... Mage Tower isn't even up?? I am confused, or bad at reading.
    if you are in EU , will be next time when is up or tomorrow for EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberate90 View Post
    It is until the pre-patch you had it right. It's probably coming later/tomorrow, on the weekly maintenance.

I didn't get the quest when I logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    I didn't get the quest when I logged in.
    You had to have completed the other Magni quests before.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    You had to have completed the other Magni quests before.
    I see. I'm going to complete them now and see if I get it.
    Last edited by Twix; 2018-06-26 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kraystase View Post
    yep

background donwloader is actif for me and download 15 .5 go update

17 US 18 EU maybe 10 US 11 EU
    because when background downloader is actif patch comming 2 week after
    they didnt announce pvp season to be over yet. so it looks more like 17th.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait, so what exactly is being bumped up each week?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think it'd been nice if it was stated in the news post that this is live for US servers only. EU getting it the day after on their reset day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    I think it'd been nice if it was stated in the news post that this is live for US servers only. EU getting it the day after on their reset day.
    Ah, after 14 years one would think that it's obvious now for everyone that if something happens on US that happens on EU a day later, there is no need to state anything, anyone with some basic logics would know

Edit: Misunderstood the situation, nvm my stupid question.
    Last edited by nothingsjim; 2018-06-27 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    What about those who had more than 75 points in Concordance? Will it stay the same or got dragged down?
    Is that even mathematically possible?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raketabefott View Post
    Ah, after 14 years one would think that it's obvious now for everyone that if something happens on US that happens on EU a day later, there is no need to state anything, anyone with some basic logics would know
    Not every event in WoW happens after the weekly reset, there's plenty of stuff that happens on the same day worldwide. It's not obvious at all in the news post that this is directly related to weekly reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    Is that even mathematically possible?
    No. A lot of people don't seem to understand the difference between artifact level and concordance level (including the blue poster which got them mixed up).

Deleted
    Just a friendly reminder: Don't activate your account for only this. If you are under geared you won't be able to complete it.
    Nighthold normal gear or lower won't cut it. If you have no friends there is no chance to get enough gear to go over 895-900 where you have a really small chance. Most of the people have not enough skill for this anyway in this ilvl.
    And if you think you can fully 915 geared from LFR in 3 weeks well think again. Most of the time you get 2 items/week and you can get the same item again and you can get items for your legendary spots too. You wont get invite for normal pug raids under 925ilvl for sure. Of course as the blizzard devs say do your own group and be a leech on others.
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2018-06-27 at 04:19 AM.

My artefact is certainly having a good time 'post questline' opening it up looks like it is going to explode in my face.